Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Dynamic War

It is impossible for me to exit this "mission" without a CTD. I even tried the "blow myself up" method...no dice.

Arrg!

The chopper issue is happening to me as well, but I dont mind, as long as it wont kill me smile_o.gif

essemm:

Give me details, just to be sure, heres what to do:

after a mission, make sure you kill yourself, after saving using 0-0-1 (radio), it should work clicking abort options in the deathscreen.

an option to disable autosave feature in SPmission would be nice (BIS!wink_o.gif

essemm:

Give me details, just to be sure, heres what to do:

after a mission, make sure you kill yourself, after saving using 0-0-1 (radio), it should work clicking abort options in the deathscreen.

What I'mdoing is killing myself with a 'nade, and then clicking "abort". Then, when I want to restart, I click on "Resume" from the load screen, and it CTD's.

I'm still playing it, because it's simply an awesome add-on. I just have to restart it all the time.

Quote[/b] ]What I'mdoing is killing myself with a 'nade, and then clicking "abort".  Then, when I want to restart, I click on "Resume" from the load screen, and it CTD's.

I'm still playing it, because it's simply an awesome add-on.  I just have to restart it all the time.

Hang in there essemm, just imagine when it's fully functional and you can finaly finish it, i have to admit i hardly save mine at all (i find the more i save the more Rambo stares back at me in the mirror) pistols.gif  pistols.gif

the loadscreen? Hmm, you mean the SPmission screen where you can choose other missions as well?

tbh, I dont even remember if I ever tried reloading a save :P (memory fails). I just happen to restart everytime, bis needs to add "are you sure you wanna restart" twice or more... !

I had a problem tonight,

After completing an assault mission I called for the chopper to EVAC.It never came no matter how many times I called for it.

I also noticed that on a mission to kill an officer in a town enemy soldiers kept spawning out of the woodwork around the town.Mainly soldiers armed with MG's.

Oher then this its great so far and thanks for taking the time to make it.

Sorry for all the bugs, I didn't quite realise how many were in the current version until I'd released it. There are some mission critical ones too so in some respects I guess it's good to be able to pick your missions thereby avoiding the dodgy ones. I think the missions with problems are Raid and Assault mainly.

I am still tinkering with this but R/L is taking up valuable AA time so realistically I think it will be a week or two before I can provide a fix.

Cheers

would u mind dear MRJ if i released ur dynamic war, with different units and vehicles from another addons, in a single .rar pack??

Better to PM him about that Puma wink_o.gif

Usually its ok if you want to modify it for your personal use, or your clan's use etc but re-releasing publicly by a 3rd party doesnt usually occur while a map is still being improved upon by the original creator wink_o.gif Otherwise versions get out of sync etc etc.

I tought about the sync issue, and i will use it for personal use, untill the campaign is ready etc.

Maybe it's me, but I find this missions VERY hard. Any chance to get a difficulty selector to setup the number of enemies? Or the IA skill...

no its not just u... I have managed to complete 1 mission banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

all the othes end up BLUFOR being overrun by 100+ OPFOR

btw do I have to DL some addon to make missiles work???

Quote[/b] ]MRJ

It's MrN smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]if i released ur dynamic war, with different units and vehicles from another addons, in a single .rar pack??

I don't object, but for the reasons Jack-UK states I'd rather you didn't until it's in a more stable state, unless of course you've fixed a load of bugs and added loads of mission types then we can talk. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe it's me, but I find this missions VERY hard. Any chance to get a difficulty selector to setup the number of enemies? Or the IA skill...

In theory it shouldn't be too tricky to implement a difficulty setting but I'd like to avoid it if possible, I have enough things to keep track of. I'm tweaking things (see below) to break the player in a bit more gently, starting with patrols then moving onto random missions. smile_o.gif

Currently I'm toying with making the AI a bit thick to start with (on both sides) and the more the mission progresses and the more kills the side gets it increases the sides' skill. I'm also trying to build more changes as the player plays more missions.

Progress is slow at the moment I'm afraid but here are the changes so far:

Hero rating now affects Mission choice, to begin with player will mostly have poor guns and Patrol missions to "train up",

when the rating goes up the player starts getting more weaponry, more support types, more missions and eventually manual mission selection.

Units now get a higher skill level depending on how many kills and side experience

Added enemy AI artillery

Added airstrike

Removed the strings and converted over to arrays

Friendly groups join player in POW mission

Fixed numerous mission bugs on the way

The savegame is looking more stable but all my testing is being done in the editor and I've noticed things can be quite different when it's played in the pbo version. whistle.gif

Cheers

Hello there,

great to hear the save game is workin better!

Can't wait fer next version.

Keep it up

rgds

LoK

I have the latest version, but the missiles and artillery support do not work. Do you have to have a certain hero status before you can use them?

impi

Quote[/b] ]I have the latest version, but the missiles and artillery support do not work. Do you have to have a certain hero status before you can use them?

Sorry for the late reply. Not in this version I don't think, they should be working ok although the missiles aren't that accurate. Select the radio option then click on the map.

Quote[/b] ]great to hear the save game is workin better!

I lied crazy_o.gif

Still working on it though and have yet to do any extensive testing with 1.07. Although I have been distracted by the Zombie mod recently, having an island populated with 500 respawning zombies is quite a different experience!

hehe i love this campaign it's awesome. keep up the goodwork(i'll admit zombies are awesome=p).

Finally got round to downloading this map. I have to say it is amazing biggrin_o.gif

But really really bugged lol. Did my first mission, an Assault and it wouldnt complete despite the whole area being clear of enemy AI. Called for a chopper, it wouldnt come, kept 'crashing' and stuff. I eventually managed to complete a mission but when i saved it after completion the game crashed and now my save game is bugged and causes a CTD every time i load the map sad_o.gif so i guess im restarting again.

But it is a really brilliant map and im sure once the bugs are fixed it will be extremely popular smile_o.gif

The same opinion here too.

I would play it a lot if the save game bug would be worked out if you could finish the missions right, or if you could abort a mission and get back to your commander with mission fail.

Please Mr N don't give up working on this mission!

Never fear, I am still working on this.

I've tried countless things to try and sort the savegame issue out with no success, I have a couple more things to try before I give up.

However, I have fixed the mission bugs, added an airstrike option, made the misison difficulty more gradual and mission choice certainly early on will be automatic.

Cheers

smile_o.gif

Sweet sounds great smile_o.gif

Hope you find a solution to the save game issue also!

Nice work thumbs-up.gif

First off, this mod is great fun. I love the replayability and the challenge of trying to stay alive throughout several missions.

A couple questions for you MrN.

1) The slowmotion(focus/relax) and bullet camera mod that is used in your map, is there any way to make that available globally so that it can be used in the campaign and other solo or custom missions? I'm absolutely in love with those two features, especially when sniping.

2) I seem to get massive slowdown after killing the target officer on a raid mission, I don't seem to have issue with any other mission type, is there a ton of enemies spawned upon their officer's death or something that could perhaps be cut down a bit? I love the concept of having to take out a particular target amongst a ton of guards, but for some reason it is unplayable for me after killing the officer.

Thanks for the great work, keep it up!

Well they can only be added by script.. i dont think u would be able to create a global 'mod' for all the missions already created.. u'd have to add it urself into each mission.. i think.

I know the slowmotion will be down to the setacctime 0.3 or something like that, though i dont know how the colour of the screen shifts a little...

Theres probably a bullet cam script around on www.ofpec.com or something... check the forums there or check the scripts section.

I wouldn't know how to make the effects global, I know the theory not the practice! I would imagine it would have to be a config modification to achieve that.

The colour of the screen is just a dialog effect with less colour to wash out the screen a little. I've tried to muck about with the post-processing effects as well but these only work with external cameras which is shame, it would be cool to have a FOV/Blur change as well.

The Raid and Assault missions are properly borked in the last version I put up, I haven't experienced much lag when the officer is killed but someone else has mentioned it.

I was going to put up a new version last night but discovered more bugs in the POW mission so I have to sort that out first, this mission is turning out to be my nemesis, just when I think it's ready I find something else that doesn't work. banghead.gif

Soon hopefully coz I want to play something else apart from this bloody thing!

Cheers

smile_o.gif