Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

There'S no way! I haven't un-installed my OFP in years. Gee, installing everything back would be overkill! confused_o.gif

I still don't get it, I mostly use the Mod folder variant.

DAmn! sad_o.gif

Great Job as ever guys,

Only one thing, I cant get the Extra Pack working on FFUR, but it works fine on a normal OPF session.

EDIT SOLVED smile_o.gif

if you make a firefight in the woods... let's say two enemy squads, they dont shoot, they just run each near the other and no one shot or get killed.

I noticed this as well on a few missions, sometimes the east and west soliders will be quite close to each other but do not engage. I think problems such as these indicate the limitations of the OFP engine. Whatever tweaks are made to the AI will cause unwanted side effects that break missions, reduce the realism, etc. There just isn't the resources for the extensive beta testing that needs to be done with such mods. That said, TB and others have done an amazing job improving on vanilla OFP and should be applauded for their efforts and dedication.

yeh im geting the res RPG blows up in tube bug, and it sais ofp has encountered an error when i try to use air support

if you make a firefight in the woods... let's say two enemy squads, they dont shoot, they just run each near the other and no one shot or get killed.

I noticed this as well on a few missions, sometimes the east and west soliders will be quite close to each other but do not engage. I think problems such as these indicate the limitations of the OFP engine. Whatever tweaks are made to the AI will cause unwanted side effects that break missions, reduce the realism, etc. There just isn't the resources for the extensive beta testing that needs to be done with such mods. That said, TB and others have done an amazing job improving on vanilla OFP and should be applauded for their efforts and dedication.

Well if you read my post I thank for this mod at first and again at the end of the post. And I said, so far, it only happens in any wood in Everon island, no in any concrete mission. Just use the editor, put two enemy squads in a tree area and they dont shot.

for those who expierence the CTD on the artillary script i think i might kno why its because that it takes alot of CPU power to create scripts to make an artilary barrage. So if there computers arent strong enough to withstand it ffur will ctd. It depends on proccessor they have mine is 3.2 so probably thats why i dont crash.

On another note i have found a bug in ffur/slx when i went behind a tank i went to third and started shooting the damaged tank with my m16 i notice the bullets went through the damaged tank to the ground. U will c the impact when u try it. I'll send a pic if u guys want but i think its worth mentioning this bug to u TB

Downloaded this mod this evening after still waiting out for a stable version of ArmA, Always been a fan of FFUR. And the sheer amount of effort involved in this one leaves no doubt inmind that this is the best mod Ive played over these 5years everything is spot on.

Many thanks to Thunder and the team for creating such an outstanding show of community quality. thumbs-up.gif

Oh,WOW.To all who have worked on this,AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys rock!

Simply the best notworthy.gif

hi just one bug to report ru grenade exploding near hummer, hummer just flys away try it. and i cant play with extra pack got an WARNING: preNOLD format in object data3d/stars.p3d Anybody knovs what the problem is???

Great work TB. Armed assault will not even compete against FFUR Imo. FFUR/SLX is the best wink_o.gif Thats how ofp should have been in the first place.

And finally no more Ai 1 shot 1 kill at 300+ yard wink_o.gif

Hey. A small bug I saw in the previous versions as well. When I fire with at T-90 at a Bradley it's not destroyed and even shoots a TOW at me!

I would understand it with an Abrams, but not with a Bradley in close range and a direct hit.

Edit: I need 2 T-90 shots to destroy it, but it is still operable after a single, direct, 125 mm hit.

just downloaded this and i gotta say i love it. One thing though, I really find the auto-take-cover thing annoying, is there some way to disable it? confused_o.gif

I dislike new tracers. It seems like white balls approaching dangerously to the enemy. The previous tracers in the FFUR 2007 2.5 are more realistic (faster, yellowish and more extended) even without ricochets. How can I insert the previous tracers?? Whatsoever FFUR + SLX is almost perfect. Congratulations!!!

One more thing I thought was unneccesary. Units are getting tired too fast. That heavy breathing is so annoying. I make two steps and drop to prone, my breathing is like after running 100m full speed with full gear. Perhaps tunning it down a little? Not very realistic. Just my opinion.

I dislike new tracers. It seems like white balls approaching dangerously to the enemy. The previous tracers in the FFUR 2007 2.5 are more realistic (faster, yellowish and more extended) even without ricochets. How can I insert the previous tracers?? Whatsoever FFUR + SLX is almost perfect. Congratulations!!!

i quite like the white whooshing rounds. Any chance of adding the "crack" noise in slx? i cant hear it

Like that black Apache, TB! Will download just to take its skin off for my own use! wink_o.gif

Hey. A small bug I saw in the previous versions as well. When I fire with at T-90 at a Bradley it's not destroyed and even shoots a TOW at me!

I would understand it with an Abrams, but not with a Bradley in close range and a direct hit.

Edit: I need 2 T-90 shots to destroy it, but it is still operable after a single, direct, 125 mm hit.

It's not a bug, man!

Don't you know that american technology is the best in the world and their armor is simply invincible! Let's just wait for the patch that disables(for all non-usa tanks of course)that annoying and useless ability to shoot ammo at all wink_o.gif

i quite like the white whooshing rounds. Any chance of adding the "crack" noise in slx? i cant hear it

Seconded on both counts. These are the best tracers I've seen to date. Check them out with a scoped SVD!

Solus said the 'crack' sound was minimized on revision 1.09 but he may re-implement them.

I just found theres no body explosion? And i shot a guy in the face with a sniper and there was no wound at all. Otherwise great mod.

@Cahek- Nice pics but I don't think the RPG-16 there can penetrate them. I'll bet on RPG-29, Kornet or Metis.

On topic- Even when playing as an American in a Bradley you'll want a decent challenge.

If you dont need to evade tanks so much, that changes the whole gameplay.

Great stuff!

Please don't be offended by questions about whether the FFUR 2007 mod needs to be downloaded again. I have it already, and I think the question is fair. I had to read all the postings and then take note of the DATE on your first post to get my answer.

I didn't know if this was the same FFUR2007 that I already had, with the extra pack or a new file with the same name.

So many OFP forum postings are old now and not everyone is going to check the posting dates as I did.

I have to give kudos where kudos is due. FFURSLX2007 is a pinnacle achievement. This is without a doubt the most impressive mod that I have ever played, and together with the "Mr. Burns AEC Islands Selection" it looks amazing. I was also hoping to use "Kegety's DXDLL" but unfortunately I can't seem to use Anti Aliasing with it. There seems to be a few bugs with this new release, but as far as i'm concerned that's to be expected. We can't expect everything to be perfect on the first release, especially considering that this is a combining of two different mods. Anyway, the main gripes that I have so far are as follows.

1: The constant panting noises. It now seems that it only takes a few steps in order to make the player sound like he's out of breathe, and it takes far too long for his breathing to return to normal.

2: This mod seems to have a feature which automatically makes the player go prone in order to avoid enemy fire, this proves to be quite annoying when trying to aim an anti tank weapon during a firefight. My player seems to automatically switch to his main weapon and go prone, and then back again.

3: Air Support. It doesn't seem possible to be able to call for air support by picking up the radio, does this option have to be class specific role?

4: Dust Effects. I have noticed that there is no longer a circle of dust which is kicked up by the rotor blades of choppers when they are taking off or landing, is this a bug or has this effect been removed on purpose?

5: The guns sound a bit weak, I think they could do with their sounds being beefed up a bit.

I hear that a patch is soon to come, will it address any of this issues that I have listed above? Thanks TB for all your hard work, this mod is amazing!! smile_o.gif

I have to give kudos where kudos is due. FFURSLX2007 is a pinnacle achievement. This is without a doubt the most impressive mod that I have ever played, and together with the "Mr. Burns AEC Islands Selection" it looks amazing.

Ditto! Mind you my highly customized Y2K3 mod isn't bad

Congrats with the mod, what a cool achievement! im having alot of fun with this.

The only things to mention imo;

- I agree with the others that the "heavy-breathing" should be reduced.

- The fatigue should be reduced as well, after a very short run, the weapons sight flows around like crazy, previous FFUR values where way better.

- The dust kicked up is not synchronized with actual bullet impact. I know its a persistent SLX bug, and it should be removed totally from the mod imo.

thats pretty much all I could find. Congrats once again! : )

Quote[/b] ]3: Air Support. It doesn't seem possible to be able to call for air support by picking up the radio, does this option have to be class specific role?

Air Support is called by squad leader radio or not!

Quote[/b] ]4: Dust Effects. I have noticed that there is no longer a circle of dust which is kicked up by the rotor blades of choppers when they are taking off or landing, is this a bug or has this effect been removed on purpose?

The removel of this effect keeps FPS levels up

Quote[/b] ]- The dust kicked up is not synchronized with actual bullet impact. I know its a persistent SLX bug, and it should be removed totally from the mod imo.

Tbird I believe this effect should be removed aswell. The dust kickup appears a few feet ahead of the bullet impact. It's strange to look at.

Quote[/b] ]Ditto! Mind you my highly customized Y2K3 mod isn't bad

If its that good way don't you release it to the public.

@Tbird

I think the Air strike should be removed completely and replaced by an artillery script so the shelling can happen over a larger radius. I still like the Air Strike so if you leave it in it's cool.