Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Thanks for the update TB!  

Quote[/b] ]Spinal Tap 84: Thank you very much for your efforts in trying to answer everyone in an accurate and understandable manner that saves me a lot of time. :]

You're welcome TB.  I can only imagine how busy you must be with your military service, family, friends, working on the patch, posting on the forum, and other events and commitments that you have.  It is the least I could do to in return for the awesome mod that you and the rest of the team produce.

Quote[/b] ]Makes sense indeed, but I seriously think about replacing the M24 by the SR-25 for BIS missions and campaigns because of its magazine which might be more helpful to accomplish some specific missions, the M24 would still be available (and usable) via a "3rd" long range sniper in the mission editor, though. ;]

Thanks for the consideration.   That sounds like an excellent compromise.  If you do not like the SR-25 idea, you could always just use SJB's M21.  

Just curious, this upcoming patch will only affect things such as units and not replace any of the features if SamotH's 3rd update has been installed (i.e. special f/x, fire, smoke, clear water, etc)?  Thanks

I do not want to answer for SamotH or Thunderbird 84, but it is my understanding that SamotH develops his extra pack independently from the FFUR team.  So to answer your question, the patch that TB is talking about will only be for the core modification of FFUR/SLX 2007, NOT SamotH's extra pack.  SamotH just recently finished updating his extra pack, so I am uncertain as to when (if ever) he plans to update it again.  I am sure that if/when he decideds to update it you will hear about it in this forum.

Of course if TB or SamotH say anything below that contradicts this, ignore this post altogether.  Let's hear it for SamotH and his amazing contribution to an already fantastic mod!

Battle Hampster:

Don't worry, the Extra Pack won't be afected by the patch, unless thunderbird84 changes the config redirecting things to new textures, but there is no need for that I think. If you decided to use SLX night vision effect as explained on the txt file inside the pack, and if the patch doesn't add this by default, you will need to make that config again, based on the new editable one, that will come in the patch.

Spinal Tap 84:

There is nothing else to add, at least that I know, so the project has ended. Unless some new textures are created and shared in the forums.

goodnight.gif

**Hoping for FFUR/SLX MP variant for online play.**

biggrin_o.gif

Wook [iDGN]

Got to agree, would like to see a MP version if possible. smile_o.gif Just with some disabled effects to reduce lag perhaps.

Though, whatever the patch will be about, I won't if it won't include that. biggrin_o.gif

TB, you didn't answer on my question sad_o.gif So, i ask once again. Will you make changes in rus form, If i ask ORCS studio to contact with u about that?

TB, you didn't answer on my question sad_o.gif So, i ask once again. Will you make changes in rus form, If i ask ORCS studio to contact with u about that?

Thunderbird 84 did answer your question a few pages back:

Quote[/b] ]Pay attention to the form the soldier
We have been working in a close cooperation with RHS key members (ShadowNx, Laser...) in order to get the current russian soldiers the most realistic possible in FFUR.

Once again, if you are unsatisfied with them and find'em unrealistic then go ahead and incorporate those you prefer.

Quote[/b] ]Here is the address ORCS a site
With no offense towards ORCS members, who are skilled and talentend so far, I'm afraid there would be no cooperation with them, due to their lack of "friendship" and their policy. (The last time, we have been asked to take out RHS stuff from FFUR to be allowed to incorporate their models, which absolutely makes no sense at all).

EDIT: Sorry, I should have quoted more than I did, but there is no chance of ORCS cooperating with FFUR to replace the Russian soldiers.

Quote[/b] ]**Hoping for FFUR/SLX MP variant for online play.**

This aspect of the mod is still undiscovered since time and support were lacking to host the MOD and to intensively test it.

If some of you would be interested in supporting us to make the MOD multiplayer compatible, then feel free to let me know about it, any external help would be greatly appreciated.

All we actually need is a dedicated server to carry out the necessary tests.

Quote[/b] ]So, i ask once again. Will you make changes in rus form, If i ask ORCS studio to contact with u about that?

I appreciate your motivation and will to get the MOD further, but as previously stated, there would be no cooperation with the ORCS team as long as they don't try to make some slight changes in their policy, which I'm afraid would never happen.

Btw, here is the content of the incoming 1.01 patch:

Fixed: Limited the use of the air support and the newly added artillery support. (1 x Air support/ 2x artillery requests)

Fixed: T-90 Reloading time decreased with the aim to have 8 shots per minute.

Fixed: Ability to swim for Helicopter and Jet fighter pilots.

Fixed/Added: Added a crosshair to the russian NSV as well as suited 12.7mm green tracers.

Fixed/Added: Fixed "Air Support" CTD and added a realistic ability to call allied artillery support, now russian troops can use the artillery support as well.

Fixed/Added: Updated several firearms sounds effects and replaced most of them by louder and slightly more realistic ones.

Added: NVGs to all US regular troops.

Added: Dust and Water effect to helicopters.

Added: Russian Radio R109 to russian army personnel instead of the PRC-119 (SINCGARS) which is US, Resistance troops use stolen R109 as well.

Improved: Tanks gunner sights.

Improved: Mod's configuration.

There would be some model changes and additions as well, a list would be available on the patch's release date.

Stay tuned,

:]

Regards,

TB

That is quite the list! Sounds excellent. I cannot wait to try the new artillery function. Thanks for the heads up.

thumbs-up.gif Great news! Sounds a really cool patch!!

To test multiplayer:

There is another way than servers, the free program HAMACHI, emulates a LAN over the internet.

I really don't care about multiplayer in this mod, but many people do and this could be useful for those tests.

It's really easy to use, and it worked for me, only once, but worked great even on my slow internet conection of 400kbps.

give it a try,

http://www.hamachi.cc/

goodnight.gif

TB, Thanks for your answer.

Quote[/b] ]Btw, here is the content of the incoming 1.01 patch...

This sound is good. I'll be wait this patch.

biggrin_o.gif

This is for people that's running Windows98 and wants to install

SamotH's Selection - FFSX 2007 Extra Pack v3

You need to extract 'Setup.exe'(from the Extra Pack) content into any folder.

To do this, right click in the file > 'WinRAR' > 'Extract to Setup\' (YOU NEED WINRAR INSTALLED)

Then delete the four '*.bat' files, and put the new batch there.

Now copy all the content of that folder you are in, and paste it in 'ffsx2007' folder.

All the options remain, so it should work in the same way while in-game!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

I havent tested it since I don't have the S.O.

If some one can try it, please inform me if it worked wink_o.gif

http://files.filefront.com//;6889120;;/

goodnight.gif

Tbird, Misconfunobfuscation?

I think I've just realized that FFUR+SLX is not the 'upgrade' for MP gameplay for FFUR 'proper'?

I'm thinking there are 2 diff developement cycles for you atm.

One for FFUR [which would hopefully include the MP gameplay aspect], and the other for FFUR+SLX strictly for SP gameplay?

If this is correct, perhaps revive the FFUR MP thread's development?

Wook [iDGN]

Sorry, between reformatting my HD and ArmA I'm totally out of the loop here.

Is the 'extra pack' on the first page SamotH's and if not, where is the link for Win.Xp?

froggyluv:

The last version of the pack is in page 13.  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]To test multiplayer:

There is another way than servers, the free program HAMACHI, emulates a LAN over the internet.

I really don't care about multiplayer in this mod, but many people do and this could be useful for those tests.

It's really easy to use, and it worked for me, only once, but worked great even on my slow internet conection of 400kbps.

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't work since you have to upload FFUR/SLX data files to the concerned server to carry out the necessary tests.

Quote[/b] ]This is for people that's running Windows98 and wants to install

Thank you for your efforts, which are really appreciated here.

Quote[/b] ]Great mod gentlemen. We are adding it up to our site as well for download. If you need a USA download link email me for the direct link and ill supply it for you.

Thanks, any support would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

TB

After playing with FFUR 2007 i decided to download the new mod that everybody is talking about - FFUR/SLX, so I downloaded it and at first i tested without that extra pack, it seemed nice except several annoying things like auto prone and soldier whining all the time, so i downloaded FFUR_SLX_Extra_Pack_1.2.rar and installed it, it installed with no errors, but when i started mission editor, to test all the features, and started game some kind of error popped up:

1.JPG

And when i put mi-17 in map, another one popped up, then i couldnt even start the game:

2.JPG

And the same thing in Nogovo map:

3.JPG

So whats wrong? Is it my fault, or is it something to do with the pack?

SamotH,

did you test MP with Hamatchi? I tryed it but it was work unstablity. But there are no disconnection between server and player. smile_o.gif I was a server and i saw how player run in field and fire. But player saw that everybody stay or runing on the spot.

@robertso

I wish I could help you out with your errors, but I am not much of a tech-head. Just so you know, you are not using the most current version of SamotH's extra pack. The newest version is on page 13 of this forum, but I will provide the link to the download page below.

http://files.filefront.com//;6824416;;/

hay is the dive to the dirt move the same that was used one the ninja, don't know the creator but it is fun

Hay I have a idea (ouch), I thing that the small car should be replaced by a 60 VW Bug.

ShmUlker:

No I haven't. And the program seems to have problems in gaming, maybe in the future it will be enhaced for that use.

I've installed the FFUR/SLX mod and the first thing i've saw is that AI is less smart than the previous version of the mod.AI soldiers take a lot of time to aim at you (they slowly look around in standing position in search of you even if you are standing in front of they in an open field at 20 meters from they and even if you are shoot at they).I understand that this give you longer battle but it's a little unrealistic. I prefer the AI of the previous version of this great mod. wink_o.gif

hay is the dive to the dirt move the same that was used one the ninja, don't know the creator but it is fun

Hay I have a idea (ouch), I thing that the small car should be replaced by a 60 VW Bug.

Yes thats Ninja's powerslide which Solus has been using since SLX debut- really comes in handy with the grenade happy AI tounge2.gif

Thanks Spinal Tap 84 that new patch fixed all the errors, now everything works fine.