Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Hi, I've experienced that artillery/air support crashes happens if you don't have the editorupgrade102.pbo file in your Res AddOns folder. I have a clear copy of ofp and ffslx 2007 and without the editorupgrade102.pbo file the artillery script don't work and cause crash. Thanks TB for your great work!!!

P.S. release the patch.. wink_o.gif

Please, make a "full version" of this patch smile_o.gif

btw.

The Soviets used combination armor before the West, as well as anti-APFSDS effective ERA. Thats a fact. But.. spare ammunition in T-72 is stored in the main compartment - that wont keep the crew alive after suffering penetration by some enemy projectiles.

Alright,

Thank you all for your support, the patch should be released within a couple of hours.

regards,

TB

Alright,

Thank you all for your support, the patch should be released within a couple of hours.

regards,

TB

Great news!

Many thanks!

biggrin_o.gif

I have only gotten around to playing the new mod within the past few days; Oblivion has eaten my brain for the past while tounge2.gif Great work as usual. One thing...Is there some way to get Aircraft to show Altitude/Speed again? Im kinda lost without it.

I just noticed the Bradley vs. T80 thing. I think a tank would knock out a Bradley alright. Theyre not as well armed as an Abrams, and Russian tank shells arent that weak.

I have only gotten around to playing the new mod within the past few days; Oblivion has eaten my brain for the past while tounge2.gif Great work as usual. One thing...Is there some way to get Aircraft to show Altitude/Speed again? Im kinda lost without it.

I just noticed the Bradley vs. T80 thing. I think a tank would knock out a Bradley alright. Theyre not as well armed as an Abrams, and Russian tank shells arent that weak.

Must agree you with this, first of all Bradley is an APC not a tank and its early versions had protection of only 14.5 mm AP, later versions like M3A2 have protection of 30 mm AP, but T-80 has 125 mm gun, which is one of the largest caliber guns fitted to tanks, (Abrams has only 120 mm) and I think Bradley wont stand a chance against T-80.

@ch_123, robetso: Finally someone agrees with me about the Bradley issue.

@TB- Bradley that is destroyed from an IED is different than a 125mm APFSDS penetration. Even if not destroed the crew shouldn't be able to fire a TOW at a T-80,seconds after being hit.

@Ase290406, robertso: We have never seen a 125mm shell hit a Bradley in real life. And IED are made of high explosive which detonates under the vehicle where the armour is weakest, The front and side armour plating on the bradley is much stronger and can withstand more punishment.

@Ase290406, robertso: We have never seen a 125mm shell hit a Bradley in real life. And IED are made of high explosive which detonates under the vehicle where the armour is weakest, The front and side armour plating on the bradley is much stronger and can withstand more punishment.

I've never seen a Mini hit by a 125mm round, does that mean we should give the Mini the benefit of the doubt because the manufacturer says that its very durable? I seriously doubt that a vehicle like a Bradley can have the same armor protection of a tank twice its weight. Google Bradley and you'll see sites that say that the latest versions are designed only to protect against a 30mm AP round. Theres a massive difference between 30mm AP and 125mm Sabot

icon_rolleyes.gif

Exactly, if you look at bradley from both sides its armor has a large flat area easy to hit, but if you look at any tank you notice that usually its armor is made in some angle, so making the round change its direction and making it not to penetrate tanks armor, but in bradleys case any round hitting the flat surface has big possibility of penetration. By the way whats the patch release date?

Can we talk about artillery. I have had and used my own artillery scripts for years, using the ammo names in game. Suddenly, these aren't working any more.

Have you changed the ammo names?

Regarding the Bradley AFV/MICV vs. tank cannon impacts issues:

1. Bradley will NOT survive such a 'hit'. However, there are some caveats to this issue with the Bradley due to it's size and defensive mechanisms to reduce spall and molten splash internally.

2. Bradley when compared to 'most' other AFV/MICV's is more likely to reduce total casualties in such cases of all Finned [to the Brits] & Sabot [most all other nations] impacts due to specific spall reduction measures. However, with such large diameter Fin/Sabots this only results in approximately 25% total casualty reductions. So, 1-2 crewmembers less would nominally recieve fatal wounds, thus higher crew survivability.

In OFP this 'greater survivability' is VERY difficult to integrate due to the OFP engine limitations.

I would assess that such a 'hit' immobilize and 'gun down' a Bradley while letting the crew escape in a 'wounded' condition.

The corresponding BMP series just has no corresponding level of crew protection whatsoever.

If the crew can escape the Bradley then LAW/Dragon/Etc. the attacking MBT then this would to me more appropriately model the 'crew survivability' factor over the current model which allows the Bradley to fire a 'controlled' TOW directly back at the attacking MBT, directly after a 'direct hit' on said Bradley too. Which, IMO is unrealistic.

Wook [iDGN]

I think people here simply overestimate the Bradley because it's a U.S vehicle.

In any case I second the previous posts, in that at least the TOW firing ability after the first hit should be disabled.

The only operational APC I know of, that can withstand a modern MBT hit, is the Israeli "Achzarit". Because it has an MBT like armour. Not because of anything else. If you don't have a MBT grade armour you won't survive a main gun hit. Wheter it's a 120mm or 125.

I've re-installed OFP this morning to try this mod out, but OFP now CTD's when I try to launch, even vanilla OFP. Clean install of OFP GOTY 1.96, FFUR-SLX 1.01. I've un-installed FFUR-SLX and the game still won't launch

Vanilla OFP was working until I added FFUR.

Never mind, fixed now, Seems to be a problem with Kegety's DXdll (the ONLY other addition I made to the vanilla install) & ATI Catalyst 7.1 drivers. Maybe I roll back to those 6.8's after all confused_o.gif

First I would like to extend my gratitude for the FFURSLX MOD. This is the most outstanding piece of work I have seen for OFP and it has revitalized my love for the game. Thank you Tbird for this great gift. I had deleted it from my drives and put the CDs into storage to watch them collect dust but I recently blow off the dust and reinstalled because my girlfriend wanted to play a realistic shooter type game and she had never tried OFP and it is to me, the best when it comes to CO-OP play. So I installed and poked around my old community sites for news of new stuff and stumbled upon this masterpiece of modding!

notworthy.gif

There are two things in this MOD however that is driving me absolutely nuts to the point of cursing aloud whenever it happens and making me not want to play and I am wondering if there is a reason why these things happen and if there is a way to stop it from happening.

1) When I am in combat my guy is all gung-ho and ready to chew nails and spit bullets until the first enemy bullet whizzes by him. Then he spazzes out and wets himself. He immediately starts breathing like he's run four marathons and it becomes near impossible to shoot anything that isn't 50 meters in front of you because he is shaking like a leaf... Come on, from one bullet hitting 10 feet away? He is supposed to be a trained soldier. I could understand if a tank shell exploded 10 feet away... I'd poop myself. But for game playability it is really annoying and it gets worse. When the second bullet lands nearby he does what I can only describe as PANIC. I lose control of MY character. He starts doing things on his own, pulling weapons or binoculars on his own. Example: BMP-2 is coming up the road... we are under fire from enemy infantry. My squad leader tells me to use my AT launcher to knock out the BMP. I can't... because when I make it my active weapon he pulls it out then while I aiming suddenly he changes weapons to his rifle and then lays down and starts breathing like a obscene phone call. If this is suppose to simulate suppression that is fine for the AI but a player should never have control of their personally controlled character taken away from them. I should choose when to panic and run away. Is this normal behavior for the MOD? It has cost me my life on several occasions now. I understand that your guy goes nuts when he is on fire, that I understand. But in a fight where I am healthy.. STOP with the weapon changes and position changes and crawling around on your own... AHHh.. HELP ME! Oh, and control of my character is always taken from me sometimes when the squad leader issues commands, especially in multiplayer (Which I know is not tested). He just does his own thing during the script cycle it seems like. When the script exits then I can take control of my character again.

2) I am a mission creator and I am working on some new set of missions to play with the FFURSLX MOD but I have a terrible problem. The AI is overriding my waypoints and doing its own thing. EXAMPLE: I have several bunkers on a mission that are full of guys and there are men on guard duty outside the bunkers at the doors and I have men up in guard towers. They all have one waypoint which sets their behavior to SAFE so they stand with their weapons down and it’s a SENTRY waypoint so they should stay right there and be sentries. This is not happening. After about 5 seconds into the mission every one of them decides to make their weapons active and they run away from their post and congregate in what can only be described as a Town Meeting. @_@ And I think I know exactly what they are doing. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the AI is analyzing the fact they are a single guy and not in a unit. They see other single guys standing around and the AI gets a thought in its head to form a new squad with the individual units to become a STRONGER fighting unit. This behavior is not welcomed when it comes to making a sentry guard do his job. The end result is when I get to the base all the guards are no longer guarding, the have formed a twelve man squad and are running around looking for milk and cookies. Is there a way to FORCE them to stay put? Is there some code snippet to make them ignore the new AI behavior code and make them follow the waypoints I have assigned?

Please help if you can before I chew a hole in my desk from frustration.

@Bradley Issue

I'm not supporting the bradley because it's a US vehicle and I also think the fact that the APC can fire it M220 TOW after being hit directly. I just staying shell and boucne off armor if they hit them and an angle, causing some damage. But you can't do this in OFP so the armor is slightly higher.

@Robertso

Is the bradley that destroyed you moving or stationary, Sometimes damage is less when the vehicle is moving.

@Everyone Looking For Patch Release

Tbird has stated that the patch will be released soon, Don't worry it will be released. He's just like the rest of us, he has a life too. Plus he's in the military so that takes up time.

@Geosword

Your first problem is caused by the suppressive fire system and the AI reaction changes, I think you change this effects in the FFUR_SLX_setting file in the FFUR main folder.

2: Your second problem I just dont know, The AI join Feature was removed from this MOD. It could be something to do with the guard waypoint. In Basic OFP units within the vacinity of a guard waypoint or guard sensor tend to act strange and aggressive when a single enemy soldier is detected by even one of them, Plus this mod uses the ability for the AI to share information with each other, So when one soldier detects the enemy they all know where he is, I don't think is the 100% corect reason for your problem but its close, Try and make some changes to the settings file to see what happens.

@All

Remember the patch will be released so please be patient, I don't mean to sound like a member of FFUR but i'm just tellin you guys whats happening.

Does anyone know how to enable /disable the suppresive fire

feature in SLX_Settings; I want to use suppressive fire as it

is a interesting feature.

There is a file called 'ffur_slx_settings.sqf' wich you can open with notepad and change a few options, supression is one of them.

I never tried it, but it must work ok..

@Geosword

I suggest that you go into SLX thread and either check readme or d/l it. SLX has many AI enhancements/changes that some love some don't but the creator graciously added a way to disable many of it's key features quite easily. Generally if you go into the GL3.sqs youl find that either by removing brackets and or setting values to either 1 (on) or 0 (off) you can get the best results for your gameplay style.

@rheydrich

Same as above smile_o.gif

edit-Samoth is correct, GL3 is for vanilla SLX.

Is the latest version (v1.01?) of FFLX 2007 MP compatible?

Despite trawling the last 25 pages I couldn't seem to find the answer... icon_rolleyes.gif