Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Firstly, congrats to Thunderbird for being the only person who actually managed to implement most of the excellent SLX into a mod thats actually pretty stable in multiplayer!! Not an easy thing to do, as I found out myself when I tried it...

Anyhow, I can never leave anything alone, so having adopted FFUR/SLX2007 I'm changing things already...

I've just been fooling around with alternative armour/choppers for the hell of it recently and have noticed that sometimes the seating position of the crews is way off - chopper pilots floating in the air, "turned out" position for tank commanders wrong, etc...

I've been fooling with configs for a while without really understanding what I'm doing so I've a vague idea that this is something to do with "cargo proxies" or something???, but as a basic "model path hacker" its been causing me a bit of grief...

Any clever dude out there wanna make me feel like a total noob and point out the dumbass basic mistake I'm making? biggrin_o.gif

Bushlurker

FOR THE LOVE OF OFP!

Can you please reduce the shakeyness!

I walked for 1 meter and it was shaking as mutch as FFUR or OFP for running a meter...

I RAN for meter and I couldn't hit a standing, stationary, target at 50 meters without using a whole mag!

I then waited for about 5mins and I was still shaking too mutch for a decent aim...

I think I can aim better than my soldier after running!

Also, can we have control of our men? I mean its not funny when your just about to reach cover when you're sprinting and you dive down to the ground and slow right down (And subsequently get shot)

No offence, just real suggestions for realism and playability!

oh, and the pistols are alot more realistic, thanks ^^

oh, and one bug thats in the model of the M113, you cant kill gunner even though he's sticking out the top. but thats a minor thing that doesn't really need looking into. Just the shakeyness and loss of control are the only MAJOR gripes.

I downloaded patch 1.05 and I still crash whenever I hit the m button to access the map. As a result I've had to stop using the map during FFUR missions... challenging but doable in most cases. The "error loading data3d" messages are still there at every single cutscene: sometimes they play, but 8 times out of 10 the game skips the cutscene right after I hit okay and I go to the briefing.

Those are my only two technical troubles with the mod though. I've been playing the Resistance campaign and it's been -insane- with FFUR. In a good way.

This is for FFSX not FFUR!

FFSX doesn't have any other patches that I know of exept this one!

AFAIK:

FFUR has 1.0 (Installer), 1.01, 1.02, 1.021

FFSX has 1.0 (Installer) 1.05

PS. Anouther couple of bugs: The Glock 17s pistol isn't silent to AI.

Don't know if the VSK and the VSS are meant to be properly silenced, but if they are (They look and kind of sound like they are meant to be silenced or suppressed) they arn't to AI (The AKS-74B is).

Thanks that the M4SD's are, finaly! (Haven't tested MP5)

Oh, and the 2S6M, or whatever it's called, CTD'd when placed (I tested it alone on Desert Island)

The C4 being silent (NO TICKING) helps alot in PvP ^^

Oh, and the Noweapons/Pistol/Hostered running still ruins some missions relying on AI timing (Due to being RUN on W, overfast on E and walk toggled F, insted of W walk E run) but thats a minor thing not really a bug. Just pointing it out if you wish to keep 100% BIS/Other mission compatability!

Just an idea for everyone:

Thunderbird84 doesn't have much time lately and like happened before he didn't read all the previoust posts.

I think it would be usefull to put all the problems we find into one single post or something like that, what do you think people?

The mod is not "merged" to one and only FFUR 2007 ?!  confused_o.gif

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7938/bannerrelease105cc4.jpg[/ig]

No.

FFSX is at the first page of this thread.

I think the FFUR was a mistake ^^ Confusing people

PS. I also get the F-15C bug. Just hit preveiw twice or just click OK if its in a proper saved mission

I'll try to carry out SamotH's idea to the best of my ability.

[uPDATED ON PAGE 36]

Updating FFUR 2007 v.1.021 to v.1.05

- no fidget (shakeyness)

- controls are so far ok

- M113-Gunner is invulnerable - fix?

- Artillery - it works, but:

for US you can choose more than on Russian Side? That should be fixed!

- F-15C - no problems

- Silencers - for VSS and VSK: pls turn those sound down!!

thanks TB - great work!

---Response to Blazin Edit---

Blazin, I would suggest you keep your 'Bug-List' posting near the last page, say, every 2-3 pages of new postings take, say this page 30th's 'Bug-List' posting and zero it out, pasting all its contents and any NEW content on say page 33rd's page. This would I think help Tbird and his code-team see that your list is as up-to-date as all the stuff from the pages that have been added since your page 30th 'Bug-List' posting.

As far as how it would help Bohemia I think zeroing out [deleting all text and perhaps placing a "Updated on Page 33"] the data would reduce unnecessary data blanks for their Database. Just would help by reducing the content load for a list that would be increasingly more difficult to find, and more difficult to determine if the author [you] was in fact properly maintaining and upgrading the list of bugs as he [you] had stated as per your intent.

Hope this assist everyone a bit.

Wook [iDGN]

---prior-Edit---

Double posting edited out.

Database Error popped up on this forum when I posted it. Reposted it as it didn't show up in the Forum Thread proper when I tried to review what I had written.

See below for proper re-post.

Wook [iDGN]

Things I do not enjoy nor find realistic about FFUR+SLX (as opposed to strictly just plain FFUR without SLX).

1. Loss of my trooper's control over his actions. The automatic control of my trooper for PANIC situations should not occur. If I panic ingame, then my control over my trooper will reflect this on its own, I don't need the computer to TELL ME that I've paniced by taking control over specifically my trooper and then denying me the opportunity to play out my own response to the situation artificial by the CPU.

2. Use of the Artillery. When I play Battlefield, Assualt or any large-scale unit engagements, including CTI's, the Artillery fire that can be called in destroys entirely the opposing forces. While artillery is 'realistic' in warfare, the implementation in FFUR+SLX is less than realistic since there are no on-the-ground troops that can be surpressed, counter-batteried, setup, relocated, etc. to model this realisticly in OFP through FFUR. In Battlefield and CTI's that haven't crashed under FFUR+SLX up to that point of calling in Arty's it entirely wipes out the opfor yet again re-balancing OFP to strictly a F.O. Arty game instead of an Infantry/Armor Simulator.

3. Loss of control of my platoon/squad. While this does have realistic overtones its implementation is in need of fine-tuning. 1 MG bullet hitting next to a trooper running across an open field is NOT going to make that individual stop, drop and prone to be a stationary target in-real-life, IRL. If anything the "control loss" I'll have over that individual is going to be due to him/her rucking out to proper cover to save his/her life instead of just becoming Fire Drill MG fodder in the middle of that open field.

These are really my only major issues with FFUR+SLX. I would PREFER that it would be MP compatible however. Sadly, that doesn't still seem to be the target audience of FFUR+SLX even though most everyone who has posted on this forum thread agrees that they enjoy MP gameplay, with friends or otherwise.

FFUR+SLX to me still remains about the best East/West TC/Mod for OFP that is out there. And, as we all can plainly see, would be just completely awesome for MP gameplay.

Wook [iDGN]

Does anyone else experience the following bug? (I assume it is a bug)

When in the apache, and you fire the cannon, it fires 10 shots. That's cool. But it only makes a sound for the first shot. Is it supposed to be like that?

The new AKS-74U looks awful. I like the old one better.

Two minor bugs: Seems that russian makarov PM pistol doesnt have a sound, and empty shells in prone position still fly sky high.

The old AK74U was from ORCS, they do have the best looking (in my opinion) Russian weapons, but then it also means more lag.

@ Blazin M113 gunner has never been able to be killed this has been an issue since OFP version 1.0 its a BIS bug/limitation

The not having control over the player thing stinks, in the battlefield i get killed all the time, because that moron decides to prone every time someone fires a round from 1000 metres, but the most annoying thing is that he suddenly gets tired and starts to gasp like a tired dog, and that makes the soldier worthless, because its impossible to hit any target further than 30 metres, i think my grandpa can shoot better than that.

Have any of you had or have a problem using BW's Tiger in this version. I only use a few extras,this being one. And other helo's I have work fine. Scripting problem?

Anyone knows the web page of ORCS and Red Hammer.

I´d like to see if I can make some twicks of my own here hehe

Hiya,

I've just installed the latest udpate (v1.05) and I'm not sure if I've installed it correctly. The reason is that although everything seems to work fine (no errors), the loading screen (photo showing half a dozen soldiers silhouetted against a orange sky) displays v1.01. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Charles

Hiya,

I've just installed the latest udpate (v1.05) and I'm not sure if I've installed it correctly. The reason is that although everything seems to work fine (no errors), the loading screen (photo showing half a dozen soldiers silhouetted against a orange sky) displays v1.01. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Charles

Doesn't happen on mine. You should see a scene showing parachutes.

Have any of you had or have a problem using BW's Tiger in this version. I only use a few extras,this being one. And other helo's I have work fine. Scripting problem?

I have the same problem, also some other helicopters don't appear in the editor menu.

I have been away a few days. Sorry i haven't been updating the list or whatever. Am looking now.

I'll repost every 2 pages?

say page 30 had one on. then page 32 will have one? (Unless Im away for a short time and miss a page, then ill post on whatever page it would currently be on)

Good idea?

PS>

AHAH!

You say we must use aircraft duals and HUD to fly, so you take away airspeed and alt.?

Well all the US planes don't have functional HUD's and dials! Maybe the A-10 does, I haven't tested it. But the F16 and F15C don't.

Hello everyone...

i am an Indonesian.., so i am sorry for my bad English.. biggrin_o.gif

first of all, congrats to t-bird.., I've just downloaded the FFSX2007.., Awesome!!

talking about bugs, my first bugs is this..., when i played the resistance campaign, on the 2nd mission (convoy ambush), I've blown up the ammo truck, and boom, CTD... help.gif

btw, I'm looking forward to make online of the ofp-ffsx2007 here on my country, currently under the Indonesiangamer.com (please visit us^^) which is already using BF2 and Call of Duty 2 for our community..so, we think this mod will be the next^^

anyway, can someone here make an alternative mirror to the patches?? it is so difficult to download it from the filefront.., i cant use the DAP either..., because i'm only get around 8 to 10kbps to it. Will be annoying if my net is temporary cut off and then cannot be resumed (if from the filefront mirror)...

thanx to all...any help are greatly appreciated.., regards to all gamers there from us^^ biggrin_o.gif