Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

I have been working on the M1 Grizzly for sometime but with my duties i don't have the time to perfect it

ITV is Internally Transportable Vehicle (looks like a Jeep)

CLAWS- Complementary Low Altitude Weapon System it is a standoff air defense system designed to defeat cruise missile, fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft. HMMWV + AMRAAM (yes an air to air)= CLAWS

the MUTT is still used by marine corps units in small numbers.

Quote[/b] ]There would be no suitable replacement for the OH-58
true

One problem with full out army island hopping is the in adequate numbers in army Amphibious units. it would be more likely that a joint task force of the US Army, Marine Corps, Airforce, and Navy. Marines assault the beach, Army Airborne units drop inland. all of which is supported by the navy and the Airforce. I'm not getting on the FFUR team (i am a huge fan) I'm just saying, there is something not there. i guess on bigger island like Tonal the army would be bigger presents, but in comparison how big is the original island?

The issue with the T-80 wreck is that the damaged model would require a new model to be created for EVERY vehicle in the game and a script to make the old vehicle disappear and the new static wrecked model to appear.  Then everything has to be tested.  All this work for a somewhat better looking wreck?

It is clear that to make such not simply. And what is here wrong, that participants of a forum wish to see game more entertainment and realistic? Now the technics has no visible damages. It burns and changes color. And if there is no fire from it is far it is not visible blown up it or not.

Here do not speak in fact here a sediment, all is bad, finish work. On the contrary! Everyone speak, that excellent work. Also do offers that game became more realistic and entertainment. Then it will involve more attention from players.

Quick question:

why dont the russian aa soldiers not have the sa-16 or the sa-18 and have the sa-7 strela ?

and whats wrong with soldiers riding on tanks the taliban use it all the time ?

I have been working on the M1 Grizzly for sometime but with my duties i don't have the time to perfect it

ITV is Internally Transportable Vehicle (looks like a Jeep)

CLAWS- Complementary Low Altitude Weapon System it is a standoff air defense system designed to defeat cruise missile, fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft. HMMWV + AMRAAM (yes an air to air)= CLAWS

the MUTT is still used by marine corps units in small numbers.

Quote[/b] ]There would be no suitable replacement for the OH-58
true

One problem with full out army island hopping is the in adequate numbers in army Amphibious units. it would be more likely that a joint task force of the US Army, Marine Corps, Airforce, and Navy. Marines assault the beach, Army Airborne units drop inland. all of which is supported by the navy and the Airforce. I'm not getting on the FFUR team (i am a huge fan) I'm just saying, there is something not there. i guess on bigger island like Tonal the army would be bigger presents, but in comparison how big is the original island?

Thanks for the info and thank you for choosing to serve. The Grizzly looks like fun vehicle to work with.  I totally agree that if the Cold War Crisis campaign actually happened in real life and that the islands were all real that the USMC would have been seen more than their share of the action.  It probably would have gone down like you said with each branch doing their thing.  A good example would be Operation Urgent Fury in Grenada.  Incase you wanted some more amphibious craft, Philcommmando released a Marine Amphibious Assault Ship (It is a little rough around the edges, but it serves its purpose) with an LCAC a while ago.

Quote[/b] ]If you feel kind of unsatisfied, perplexed or worse with the current status of the MOD then feel free to carry out the necessary changes for your own use, you have all you need (an editable config and the necessary tool), if you want to get a stage further, then make some research here and there and you would find all you need.

I don't want have changes for my own use biggrin_o.gif I use only official version. Because i don't want to have any trubbles with MP or somthing else. I trust only your team and sometimes SamotH tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]This seems to be a static animation intended to make promotion screenshots, I'm afraid that carrying out a working similar animation is almost impossible at the moment, as the interest in OFP is not the same than before, which is not encouraging to involve such efforts and research, but why not later, for ArmA's FFUR

No! Not for ArmA FFUR biggrin_o.gif  For OFP please tounge2.gif  And what do you think about heavy wound? When player can't move and all is become blurred with darkening. And only another soldier can help you. What do tou think about that?

TB, think about easy take aim for specnaz (special force). Because they are not ordinary troops.

About RU soldier's form. If i speak about that with ORCS team. Do you make changes or not? biggrin_o.gif

I understand that your team work hard. And your mod is great!  notworthy.gif But in RU army soldiers are put on body armour as well as US soldiers smile_o.gif

réussite! tounge2.gif  merci de votre attention! tounge2.gif

Thunderbird84:

I want to ask you for 2 small adds for the mod, ONLY if it doesn't take you much effort.

1) Radio command 009 for unlimited SaveGame.

Since in ArmA it is allowed, and it is a realistic simulator, and since I (like many people in the world) am a true saving maniac, I would really apreciate this. Besides like Airstrike, if someone doesn't like it, they can not use it.

2) Another version of the USA M24 Sniper rifle.

The sniper and his rifle are great in game, but for desert missions and for sniping on rooftops, it doesn't fit. What I do is to have a specops with a russian rifle, because this rifle doesn't have the green leaves. If you can add a second M24 rifle "naked", or better a specops with this rifle in the editor, that would be great.

Again, I dont want to bother you with hard requests!

Thanks thumbs-up.gif

Not sure this has been mentioned, but I've just tried to run the Cold War Crisis campaign using this mod and am unable to. Game crashes out with the a message of missing addons wgl_men, wgl_veh. Is there a fix for this?

oh so simple fix , don't try to play WGL cold war crisis with ffurslx , is that easy rofl.gif

oh so simple fix , don't try to play WGL cold war crisis with ffurslx , is that easy  rofl.gif

hmmmmm, that's helpful goodnight.gif

i will explain , you are trying to play WGL cold war crisis campaign , not default BIS cold war crisis campaign , check the name in the top of the campaigns book xmas_o.gif

Woops! Sorry guy, I never even realised the existence of that second version. crazy_o.gif Thanks!

Quote[/b] ]2) Another version of the USA M24 Sniper rifle.

The sniper and his rifle are great in game, but for desert missions and for sniping on rooftops, it doesn't fit. What I do is to have a specops with a russian rifle, because this rifle doesn't have the green leaves. If you can add a second M24 rifle "naked", or better a specops with this rifle in the editor, that would be great.

This would be a good idea, but I honestly would prefer to replace the M24 altogether.  SJB's SR-25 would make a more suitable replacement to the default M21 seeing as they are both semi-automatic, are caliber .308 (7.62mm NATO) and have 20 round mags.  The US Army actually fields the SR-25 Mk 11 Mod 0(probably as an field evaluation for the up comming XM110).  Here are some pictures of the 101st Airborne using the Mk 11.  Pic1  Pic 2 - with silencer  Pic 3 - also with silencer

Also in 2005 the US Army awarded a contract to Knights Armament to replace their M24's eventually with a variant of the SR-25 Mk 11 Mod 0 called the  XM110 SASS, Semi Automatic Sniper System.  Here is a picture of the XM110  Here is a small PDF file showing the rifle  A little info from globalsecurity.org  Literature from the Knights Armament Company

I know TB fixed the issue of little ammunition with the M24 by equiping the sniper with 9 + 1 magazines in the editor, but in single missions and what not where you do not have the option of picking your loadout, you are stuck with very little ammunition.  In the mission "Bomberman" (one of my personal favorites) you have 3 satchel charges and 3 + 1 magazines (20 rounds total) instead of 80 rounds with the default M21.

I have to say that FFUR/SLX is a great mod and I thank everyone involved for their dedication.

However, when playing CWC with it, I have encountered problems that seem to stem from this mod.

In mission "Rescue" the second unit is not able to take out the tank. Their AA soldier misses it by about 100m. I tried to shoot the AA soldier in my own unit and grab his LAW, but I can't take out the tank fast enough before my squad leader signals everyone to retreat because of the tank. This results in "mission failed".

In mission "Undercover" we take out the guards at the second checkpoint, but when the squad leader tells our group to move to the forest, he will halfway change his order to "fire at will", then to various orders to the men in our group to engage various foes, then again to "move to the forest" and it all starts over until they are wiped out, as they can't defeat the BMP or the Hind. The game itself modifies the mission at one point and tells me to move to a quadrant app. 2km N into the direction we came from. I can run to the castle, which triggers the end of the mission, but this is not quite how I remember playing it originally.

When I uninstall FFUR/SLX and go with OFP 1.96 all goes as planned: The tank is shot in "Rescue" and the rebels will retreat in "Undercover".

Any suggestions?

Infidel

I don't have any suggestions except to comment that this is an ongoing issue with mods of this type in OFP. Whenever AI is adjusted like in FFUR, it's going to bugger up mission that have more complex triggers or troop movement requirements. The problem is that extensive beta testing with all the campaign missions is necessary, and there simply isn't the resources available for that. My belief is that this is a unavoidable tradeoff for getting improved gameplay and realism. The tradeoff is definitely worth it though, so thanks again TB!

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Apache.

On missions that include the Apache the following error appears:

Error loading ffur_apac\fz_ffur_ah64d.p3d (Magic)

Same thing appears in the mission editor. When I use the Continue button to force the mission to start in the ME, the Apache is invisible but clearly there though when I start the engine, it flies off into outer space after the dust is kicked up.

Also, when trying to load a single soldier on Desert Island with an empty Longbow, I get the error:

Script \ffur_apac\scripts\initd.sqs not found

SamotH,

One little question about HOLLYWOOD SOLDIERS. Where can i see it game? And why i don't see it in face menu (when i create player)?

Thanks.

I really don't have a clue why some people can't install them.

It's really easy and the procedure is the same as always, I tryed it many times... confused_o.gif

You should see them when selecting face for your profile!

Try doing it manually after the installation of the extra pack, so the file is created. Opening the file 'data.pbo'(the one created by this pack in 'ffsx2007\dta' folder, or 'ffsx2007\dta\hwtl' for HWTL) manually with 'UnPBO' copy the FACE files replacing the old ones, and make a new one with 'makePBO'. Then copy this new 'data.pbo' over the old one.

Both those tools you can get them in OFP.info, link:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?sekce=utilities

Can you use the clear water? maybe you are not selecting right.

When asked for an option, in HOLLYWOOD SOLDIERS as example, you must only tipe: 'y' + 'Enter'

Bye

I don't have any suggestions except to comment that this is an ongoing issue with mods of this type in OFP. Whenever AI is adjusted like in FFUR, it's going to bugger up mission that have more complex triggers or troop movement requirements. The problem is that extensive beta testing with all the campaign missions is necessary, and there simply isn't the resources available for that. My belief is that this is a unavoidable tradeoff for getting improved gameplay and realism. The tradeoff is definitely worth it though, so thanks again TB!

Of course you are right, although for me this is problematic. Contrary to apparently many here, I haven't played the campaign since 2001 and can't remember how things are supposed to go and happen. When I'm not sure if it all goes as planned, I have to consult a walkthrough and for me that destroys the immersion.

Which really is a pity. FFUR/SLX has done so much to put the game up to date that one would hardly guess that OFP is six years old.

Is there any way to use the new models and textures without the rest? That way I could at least enjoy some of the tremendous work FFUR/SLX is.

Infidel

Im Just wondering why all others questions were answered exept mine, and that is about the lack of new death animations in FFRU/SLX2007. I personaly Love the ones from Liberation Mod and since I dont know anything about configs or anything. So Maybe someone can help me, I would like to have the FFRU death animations in the new FFRU2007/SLX why were they removed, anyways is there anyway to bring them back or use the liberation mods ones, help would be appreciated.

Hey FFur Team

nice work at first.

But can´t you create a "High Definition " FFUR?

One which includes dust effects and big explodes like you had at 2.5 ? Maybe just like at the extrapack: everyone donwloads the same version, but during the installation you can chosse what you want.So everyone could decide what his pc can do. Please, think about it!! Yours, Günni123

Both pics are the same. But no, I don't know. Better do it manually. Just do this. Extract everything in the 'Setup.exe' file to a folder. Now cut 'n paste every file in 'FACES' folder and put it in 'new' folder. copy all the batch files and the folder to 'ffsx2007' folder and run the install, they will get installed by default.

Hope it helps... huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]It is not a big deal for those who don't understand what the hell are the Russian soldiers saying, but for the rest of us who do understand, it's a fucking circus! Their voices are good and "manly", but the stuff they are saying is hilarious! Russian military doesn't use the terms that you guys use in the mod.

Such an update would require a lot of efforts and would involve several people to get it done, if we would have the possibility to carry out such an upgrade then it would be done as soon as possible, all we need are a bunch of dedicated russian people.

Quote[/b] ] I don't know what it is, but their intelligence level seems sharper than FFSX's. Am I the only one who feels thisway?

Please could you provide more details about the AI reactions in-game you noticed? that would help us to figure them out and improve them.

Spinal Tap 84: Thank you very much for your efforts in trying to answer everyone in an accurate and understandable manner that saves me a lot of time. :]

Quote[/b] ]I have a quick question. Has anyone run this on a dedicated server? I tried lastnight and I get that Texture aspect ratio error on the server and it shuts down. It runs fine as a host/play.

This sounds quite weird, since all of "texture ratio" bugs are supposed to be fixed on dedicated servers and only a few addons have been added since, we would carefully check them out and would keep you informed.

Quote[/b] ]The AH64 has no rotordust!

The incoming patch would incorporate both of dust/water effects to helicopters.

Quote[/b] ]Some time ago I had a AH64 made by MPIV(?) If the choppers damaged, it´s replaced by a wrack of a ah64

The scripts behind this feature are laggy, use fraps to notice the fps drop during the models transition.

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird mentioned "...within /worlds and /dta, mainly..." It's the "...mainly..." part that makes me nervous, as it infers that there might be other files that should also be backed up. Would someone be so kind as to supply a more specific list for me?

The files that have to be backed-up before installing AEC islands pack are the following:

OperationFlashpoint/worlds/Eden.wrp

OperationFlashpoint/worlds/Cain.wrp

OperationFlashpoint/worlds/Abel.wrp

Quote[/b] ]why dont the russian aa soldiers not have the sa-16 or the sa-18 and have the sa-7 strela ?

Simply because these models aren't available in OFP.

Quote[/b] ]whats wrong with soldiers riding on tanks the taliban use it all the time ?

You can't compare "taliban" and "russian forces", and as previously stated, the russian army uses a large number of APCs intended for this purpose, probably more than any other armed force.

Quote[/b] ]Radio command 009 for unlimited SaveGame

Sure, that might be interesting indeed.

Quote[/b] ]The sniper and his rifle are great in game, but for desert missions and for sniping on rooftops, it doesn't fit. What I do is to have a specops with a russian rifle, because this rifle doesn't have the green leaves. If you can add a second M24 rifle "naked", or better a specops with this rifle in the editor, that would be great.

Makes sense indeed, but I seriously think about replacing the M24 by the SR-25 for BIS missions and campaigns because of its magazine which might be more helpful to accomplish some specific missions, the M24 would still be available (and usable) via a "3rd" long range sniper in the mission editor, though. ;]

Quote[/b] ]In mission "Rescue" the second unit is not able to take out the tank. Their AA soldier misses it by about 100m. I tried to shoot the AA soldier in my own unit and grab his LAW, but I can't take out the tank fast enough before my squad leader signals everyone to retreat because of the tank. This results in "mission failed".

I would check it out carefully to make the needed adjustements.

Quote[/b] ]In mission "Undercover" we take out the guards at the second checkpoint, but when the squad leader tells our group to move to the forest, he will halfway change his order to "fire at will", then to various orders to the men in our group to engage various foes, then again to "move to the forest" and it all starts over until they are wiped out, as they can't defeat the BMP or the Hind. The game itself modifies the mission at one point and tells me to move to a quadrant app. 2km N into the direction we came from. I can run to the castle, which triggers the end of the mission, but this is not quite how I remember playing it originally.

The amount of changes provided to the mod tend to sometimes change the mission's feeling and make it more immersive or different in some ways, due to the AI enhancements as well, as now they can share information with each others about the enemy, find cover and better hide.

Try to be slightly more effective and efficient in your attacks, in order to take advantage of the combat balance.

Quote[/b] ]I'm having a bit of trouble with the Apache.

On missions that include the Apache the following error appears:

Error loading ffur_apac\fz_ffur_ah64d.p3d (Magic)

Restart the mission and play it again, instead of loading it from the last save point.

You should have no problem by following this way.

Quote[/b] ]One little question about HOLLYWOOD SOLDIERS. Where can i see it game? And why i don't see it in face menu (when i create player)?

Sounds weird, SamotH Hollywood faces selection works nicely here, maybe give it a try again.

Quote[/b] ]Im Just wondering why all others questions were answered exept mine, and that is about the lack of new death animations in FFRU/SLX2007. I personaly Love the ones from Liberation Mod and since I dont know anything about configs or anything. So Maybe someone can help me, I would like to have the FFRU death animations in the new FFRU2007/SLX why were they removed, anyways is there anyway to bring them back or use the liberation mods ones, help would be appreciated.

Heh, as far as I remember I didn't miss your reply and answered you as you could see below ->

-My biggest problem is that for some reason the death animations in FFRU/SLX2007 are not the ones from FFRU2007 how come you guys removed them?

---------------------------------------

They have been accidentaly disabled and they would hopefully be incorporated again.

Quote[/b] ]One which includes dust effects and big explodes like you had at 2.5 ? Maybe just like at the extrapack: everyone donwloads the same version, but during the installation you can chosse what you want.

A common version has been chosen and established in order to avoid having to mess with a lot of configs at every update, which might make people get confused as it was the case in the past.

After some tests with ArmA, several of the previous FFUR explosion effects that were causing some serious FPS drop on OFP work fine with ArmA's engine..

BIS new platform seems really interesting and quite promising.

Thank you all for the nice words and for your support, the patch is almost done and it would feature several changes and improvements, including some model additions. (T-62, Linebacker...etc).

:]

regards,

TB

Just curious, this upcoming patch will only affect things such as units and not replace any of the features if SamotH's 3rd update has been installed (i.e. special f/x, fire, smoke, clear water, etc)? Thanks