Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

3: Air Support. It doesn't seem possible to be able to call for air support by picking up the radio, does this option have to be class specific role?

US Army can do the air support function and u can pick up the radio and use the action menu to call air support. Resistance and Russians dont have the air support function unfortunetely.

Congrats with the mod, what a cool achievement! im having alot of fun with this.

The only things to mention imo;

- I agree with the others that the "heavy-breathing" should be reduced.

- The fatigue should be reduced as well, after a very short run, the weapons sight flows around like crazy, previous FFUR values where way better.

- The dust kicked up is not synchronized with actual bullet impact. I know its a persistent SLX bug, and it should be removed totally from the mod imo.

thats pretty much all I could find. Congrats once again! : )

where is the problem ? if you don't like SLX features , just don't play ffurslx , play vanilla ffur icon_rolleyes.gif

Exactly.

It kills me when people want the suppression, bullet-dust, tracers etc.. removed when that is much of SLX!?!

The bullet cloud can be disabled by setting it to 0, or can be made more accurate by setting to 2. Suppression can also be disabled manually.

Just go into the settings file whistle.gif

Okay so I have ffur2007/slx running and so I decide I can now delete my second install (on another drive) that I used to run for the ffur2007 slx combo fix prior to this last patch.

Now when I try and run ffur2007/slx it get an error saying bad serial number.

Any ideas?

The only thing I can think is that the alternative install was using the same set up info and that the file was deleted.

Anyone know about this?

BTW now even when I try and Resistance I get an error (general error not the same as the one with Ffur2007/slx).

Ps I have a good serial number so plz don't think that I'm fishing for one biggrin_o.gif

Okay so I have ffur2007/slx running and so I decide I can now delete my second install (on another drive) that I used to run for the ffur2007 slx combo fix prior to this last patch.

Now when I try and run ffur2007/slx it get an error saying bad serial number.

Any ideas?

The only thing I can think is that the alternative install was using the same set up info and that the file was deleted.

Anyone know about this?

BTW now even when I try and Resistance I get an error (general error not the same as the one with Ffur2007/slx).

Ps I have a good serial number so plz don't think that I'm fishing for one  biggrin_o.gif

I got that message after i re-installed windows and pretty much had to re-install OFP+patch1.96

Any idea why I can't hit anything with the RPG or LAW? The rockets aren't even going straight - they're wobbling to everywhere except where I'm aiming.

Otherwise, awesome mod.

Great improvement TB and team! I tried playing Nogova Virus with the MOD activated...It reminded me of Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead...IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Any idea why I can't hit anything with the RPG or LAW? The rockets aren't even going straight - they're wobbling to everywhere except where I'm aiming.

Otherwise, awesome mod.

Well the AT-4 was shooting straight for me, but I will have to test it some more.

The RPG-7 on the other hand corkscrews around in game.  I am a civilian and have no first-hand knowledge of them, but I have heard/read from different sources regarding their usage in Iraq that they do have a tendency to be VERY unpredictable.  On the flip side of the coin I have also heard stories that stand as testaments to their accuracy.  As far as I can gather it all depends on the manufacturer and condition of the rocket.  I doubt that a Russian military RPG round would be that inaccurate, but it is fairly common for an RPG-7 round to fly erratically like they do in the mod.  I have read that they are pretty accurate up to 300m, but I am sure that is a very relative number.  They are most commonly used at ranges around 100m or closer.

In game they are fairly accurate up to about 100m (just an estimate), then they spin to the left or right wildly.  It makes fights with enemy RPG gunners more exciting, but using them much more difficult.  You have to find a way to creep up on an enemy tank and get within 100m to hit him.  

My only real complaint is the resistance RPG-29 bug (where the gunner dies as soon as he fires).  That and sometimes on the single mission "Bomber Man (it’s the only one I have tested so far)," the mission gets broken.  I would assume that it has something to do with the enhanced AI, but sometimes the vehicles in the convoy start engaging Charlie squad right at the start of the mission and either no vehicles or a couple will continue on the road that they are supposed to be on.

And if anyone doesn't like the movement of the optics (I think it is pretty realistic) you can sort of do a holding breath action using the "look around" key (mine is custom mapped to "z").  Line up your target and then hold down the button to freeze your crosshairs.  Pull the trigger and then acquire your next target.

AMAZING! almost perfect Thats all I can say, have you contacted BIS maybe work for them. Anyways can you please address the following issues . My biggest problem is that for some reason the death animations in FFRU/SLX2007 are not the ones from FFRU2007 how come you guys removed them? they were good. The BIS ones are so bad, I realy love the ones from liberation 1944 mod there perfect they are the most realistic ive seen to date why no one has noticed that I dont know. Is there a way to copy a file or something to bring the FFUR or LIB mod death anims to FFRU/SLX? if so I dont know how can someone tell me, or if not I realy hope you can use the LIB mods death anims for the next release? please they are amazing.

I agree with other peoples advise about the bullet impact dust not being wher the bullet hole is but please dont remove that from the mod I really love that effect I think the best way is to leave it to the player to choose his effects with a editable config file like it is now, great idea by the way. And my third point is about the shoulder fired rocket launcher animations, they look very funny and strange, I like the original FFUR anims where the unit is walking while crouched, and also I hope there will be a way to use the move up and down keys to either crouch or stand while moving and shooting the shoulder fired launchers.

PS: I know I have said a couple of times above but please take into consideration about contacting and hopefully using I would say most of the LIB mods animations death and others, Because I realy think that they are amazing especialy the death ones. Otherwise I join all others in complementing this mod, definetly the best mod for OFP and hopefully with the above suggestions perfect, Thanks guy for hours of fun, great job. biggrin_o.gif

Hello,

amazing work, very funny, but I think I got a problem of FPS :

When I play from the editor, I just add one player group and four or five OPFOR group with a BTR. I use Urban Patrol script, which was working very well before with SLX (demoniac actually SLX/UPS, especially for sandbox battle) and after ten minutes, a large part of the opfor is died and I have a HUGE Lag, (no more playable) like 1 or less FPS (It's even quite impossible to leave OFP without Alt+F4). It's quite strange because with last version of FFUR or SLX alone it was working very well....

I use vanilla FFURSLX with extra pack....

So any advice on the question ?

Hi

I love this mod!,I've stopped playing ArmA because this was released biggrin_o.gif

I downloaded this, plus im using the ddxl, Mr.Burns AEC islands, plus the extra pack, all are working fine and they all work fine except for the air support script witch gives me a CTD.

there are only a few things I don't like-

1. the auto-take cover thing. I know it's supposed to save you're life and all, but it's doing the opposite and it's really annoying.

2. could you please maybe change either the russian ak74's or the M16\M4's firing sound, they sound almost the same, and it's kinda hard to tell who's who in a fire fight.

also could you please give the soldiers NV googles instead of just the special forces, as with the add-on packs, night is about 3 times darker now and you actually need the NV googles! plus with ddxl the NV affects look awsome!

thank you for reading, and thank you for the awsome mod!! notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]also could you please give the soldiers NV googles instead of just the special forces, as with the add-on packs, night is about 3 times darker now and you actually need the NV googles! plus with ddxl the NV affects look awsome!

There no need to add NV goggles to standard infantry units. Just add them yourself. Put this in the units init field in the editor: this addweapon "NVgoggles" and the unit will have NVG's

Quote[/b] ]also could you please give the soldiers NV googles instead of just the special forces, as with the add-on packs, night is about 3 times darker now and you actually need the NV googles! plus with ddxl the NV affects look awsome!

There no need to add NV goggles to standard infantry units. Just add them yourself. Put this in the units init field in the editor: this addweapon "NVgoggles" and the unit will have NVG's

oh thanks! I didn't know that biggrin_o.gif

Nvm, did a complete reinstall of OFP and everything with it. Seems to work better now/like it should smile_o.gif

#useless post mode off# whistle.gif

are these bugs or just problems with ffur/slx2007 but some units of vme I cant use anymore or see them in the editor like the WZ-10 , BW mod Tiger etc...

TB, What can i say about it? I can only say two words Excellent & Amazing! biggrin_o.gif

TB, Can u give links to download music from ffur & ffurslx? biggrin_o.gif

And another one question. Is this wallpaper in ffurslx (6 soldiers) real photo? Good picture tounge2.gif

TB, Can u give links to download music from ffur & ffurslx?

The music pbo is located inthe ffur folder/dta!

First I want to say that this is by far the best mod ever produced by FFUR and SLX teams. Great work!!!

There is just one thing I noticed, call it a "Bug"

I threw a grenade at a BMP2 and it flew away in the air like it was made out of plastic.

PS: Can someone tell me what is the name of the FFUR Theme Song its awesome.

First I want to say that this is by far the best mod ever produced by FFUR and SLX teams. Great work!!!

There is just one thing I noticed, call it a "Bug"

I threw a grenade at a BMP2 and it flew away in the air like it was made out of plastic.

PS: Can someone tell me what is the name of the FFUR Theme Song its awesome.

Quote[/b] ]There is just one thing I noticed, call it a "Bug"

The Grenade are from BD grenade pack. They are meant to be bouncing grenades but this effect was removed from FFUR for FPS reasons. The grenades are so heavy so they can do the bounce when the script is removed the grenade simply is heavier than most OFP vehicle classes so they bounce the vehicles away.

Quote[/b] ]PS: Can someone tell me what is the name of the FFUR Theme Song its awesome.

The Main song is located here "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FFSX2007\addons\ffur_music.pbo". Extract this pbo and the song is there "main.ogg"

Quote[/b] ]are these bugs or just problems with ffur/slx2007 but some units of vme I cant use anymore or see them in the editor like the WZ-10 , BW mod Tiger etc...

Universal it was stated on the first page of this thread that many 3rd party addons would not function correctly with the FFUR/slx 2007 mod. I guess this is what Tbird meant.

Quote[/b] ]The Main song is located here "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FFSX2007\addons\ffur_music.pbo". Extract this pbo and the song is there "main.ogg"

Thanks, I know where the file is I ment if someone knows what is the name of the song. Who is performing it.

Quote[/b] ]Thanks, I know where the file is I ment if someone knows what is the name of the song. Who is performing it.

Sorry Don't know that. Can I just ask you something, why do you want to know that.

What browser you using to download it? I seem to have some weird problems with FireFox if I want to download something and need to use 3rd party download programms.

In I.E. though, I seem to have no problems with downloading. firefoxlover.gifconfused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The Main song is located here "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FFSX2007\addons\ffur_music.pbo". Extract this pbo and the song is there "main.ogg"

Thanks, I know where the file is I ment if someone knows what is the name of the song. Who is performing it.

the song is the main title that opens the TV serie "the Unit"

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_unit/

don't know the name or composer but maybe if you search in internet can find anything smile_o.gif