Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Can i remplace ak and m16 sound by another and how? I think it s not enough "powerfull".

Good work again, but a little too laggy for big tank battle on my comps

great work on this thunderbird but its kind of huge in fillesize :P oh well better go finish the 2s7 203mm pion in maya while this finishes downloading.

Just tried the mod with the Retaliation campaign. Works great.

I can't emagine the amount of work put into this, and all other FFUR releases. Thanks alot TB and FFUR team.

Wow, thats really a great FFUR release! Nice job! Nice smoke for the AT weapons!  biggrin_o.gif

But I have two things that could be improved.

1. No recoil for the M203/GP-25

2. When you shoot with the SVD you get a HE grenade sound at the end of the sound file. It sounds like the HE explosion from the Bradly.

The SLX explotion texture seems a bit strange, so I changed this in the config and changed it for the fire texture wich apears really fast and seems like part of the explotion:

class CraterSmoke1

{

<code>

cloudletShape="\SLX_Cloud\Explosion";

That line gets replaced by:

cloudletShape="\SLX_Cloud\Fire";

give it a try thumbs-up.gif

I missed that part!!! biggrin_o.gif

Edit the 'config.cpp' that you want (default, health bar or multiplayer). Save the changes, convert it to 'config.bin' with the given tool and put it replacing the one in 'Bin' folder (backup the old one tounge2.gif )

goodnight.gif

Stop working on this mod! I can't focus on ArmA...jk

The only thing I can say:Thank you guys! notworthy.gif

too laggy for me but i have to blaim my damn computer for it i bet this would b one of the most fantastic MODs ever if i had a better computer tho =(

heres my beef with FFUR and it involves the fact that tanks and other weaponry is that it is downgraded for example the T-90S "Vladimir" does not have ATGM's along with the M1A2 sep. I personally prefer realism over gameplay anyday.

Hi,

Great work to anyone who participated in this.

However, am I the only one to struggle with the "ffur_slx_settings.sqf", for I have no idea on where to put it, and couldn`t find any clue.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I also add a third point to my little "fix list". The recoil for MGs is way to much. When you shoot, it looks like your soldier has spastic attacks. (M240)

Another thing is, that vehicles don't explode when you shoot at them with small arms fire.

I found out IF you use SLXs GL3 script and put it over the Groups or Unit you want to use; Lets say for Instance HYKs soldiers, they still hide in the buildings and carry around the dead. I ask that peopel should try this mod out I had lots of fun just using FFURs units in the game. Problem is the I had a T-90 platoon out in the distance and when the Russians needed them most they never came they just sat there. I belive I found a bug with the Airsupport too. My game crashed but I will check in to it more.

heres my beef with FFUR and it involves the fact that tanks and other weaponry is that it is downgraded for example the T-90S "Vladimir" does not have ATGM's along with the M1A2 sep. I personally prefer realism over gameplay anyday.

So that worries you and not the plain fact that the russians use T90s as MBT in FFUR? whistle.gif

Still think a upgraded T-80 series tank wouldve been a much better choice but who cares what i think tounge2.gif

Anyway maybe i have to fire up good old OFP again and try this out... as soon as there is any mirror with a speed over 10kb that is ^^

This mod is awesome!!!

You should be happy with all the features of this mod and stop complaining about small diferences with reality.

Just a thought.

I truly believe this is the best FFUR mod so far. however I'll be keeping the last FFUR/SLX mod in my HD....

The Best:

I love the AT gunners shooting standing up...more realistic..also the weapons accuracy has been lower, now

ricochets can kill your soldiers and also the blood splash is a great addition...The airstrikes dont mention it...I wiped out a complete village in a couple of seconds...Firefights are more intense and the new sounds are great...enemy suppressing

fire is insane..they threw about 8 grenades while trying to flush me out of a building..I guess TB was right AI acts strange in urban areas..as before they all would bunch up in the door and I would shoot one by one...now they just keep throwing grenades until Im death...thanks TB im not going to wait for Armed Assault...I was told by my friend that is not as fun as this one....

@mike31- could you clarify how you added that element of the GL3 script?

@rheydrich- I love they way enemy AI flushes you out now- I was hiding in a deep patch of grass and they threw so many grenades and MG at me it started a fire, now i had to roll out of there and they cut me down, I swore I heard them laughing at me

tounge2.gif

This is for TB or anyone else that has notice it...

I have notice that the AI is not as smart as it used to be in the last MOD...Is there a reason for this?

I had enemy AI next to me and not shooting me, or ducking and hiding!!...

Great, downloading at 1.5mb/s now from the GOL clan mirror, can't wait to try this smile_o.gif

This is for TB or anyone else that has notice it...

I have notice that the AI is not as smart as it used to be in the last MOD...Is there a reason for this?

I had enemy AI next to me and not shooting me, or ducking and hiding!!...

Check their AI ability slider to see where it is set.

outstanding work TB , probably the most perfect ffur ever thumbs-up.gif , i love the new AH64 and its first view camera effect , how it follows the target , it is like you are watching the CNN biggrin_o.gif , also it is very customizable tounge2.gif you can get a full slx effects mod the easiest way yay.gif . now this indeed is a well combined ffur-slx mod , from the fire , the radars to the movements everything is perfectly armonized smile_o.gif

thanks and congratulations !

Quick question, how do you use the airstrike option in the editor?

I tried it out on Tonal just for the hell of it, and it crashed my computer. Do you need to put down any aircraft for the option to work, or do the bombs just fall out of thin air? confused_o.gif

(Yes I know how stupid that sounds but I'm serious, I really don't know.)

Thanks for the new link.

Just downloaded it now will try tonight and give my opinion in the morning.

Cheers Tbird