Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

hello spectacular mod, in problama that appears my is east warning of the extra pack of error WARNING: preNOLD format in object data3d/stars.p3d. to somebody but to happened to him, some idea of which can be happening, I thank for the commentaries help.gifhelp.gif

TB, Can u give links to download music from ffur & ffurslx?

The music pbo is located inthe ffur folder/dta!

Thanks! biggrin_o.gif But i mean links for original tracks with group and song name tounge2.gif However thanks a lot tounge2.gif

People! Anybody know servers for ffurslx? I can't find them sad_o.gif

I finally dled it and installed it.

Bloody awesome job.

I 'm having problems with the sound though.

I'm getting hi pitched beeps -well the sounds make hi pitched bagpipe type noises.

I finally dled it and installed it.

Bloody awesome job.

I 'm having problems with the sound though.

I'm getting hi pitched beeps -well the sounds make hi pitched bagpipe type noises.

Woha!

And I thought I would be the only one!

I get these high beeps irregularly from time to time, and it affects only OFP. I can still listen to music after shutting down OFP.

There were some kickass loud rifle sounds a few versions ago. Maybe those could be re-introduced.

Nothing do not change. With each modification better does not become, the most first modifications were more real

Holy shi....this is...NOT operation flashpoint!!!

The gameplay in this...it's like being a part of the iraqi firefight videos I see on tv. The sounds, everything, it is  incredible.

Personally, I believe you guys did an amazing job with the sounds. While they do sound like staplers up close, IMO the fact they sound like they were shot from a distance adds so much atmosphere to combat that well outweighs it sounding weak up close. The experience is just...incredible.

Before in opflash, one of my biggest gripes was lack of combat ambience despite tactical and realism excellence; this has totally changed that. You can now definately tell the difference between a small engagement between a few forces and a heavy, intense firefight. It is so incredibly realistic, and this is the most immersive rendition of flashpoint I have ever seen.

Excellent work notworthy.gif

The only nitpick is I liked the old "hit the dirt" anim way better. But I can easily replace this myself smile_o.gif

When i have FFUR and FFURSLX installed but not running togather (They are on seperate shortcuts) I get errors and bugs.

Like when running FFSX, getting stuck waist high in the ground when stood still with pistol.

Or when running normal (Non SLX) FFUR getting missing SLX files...

I uninstalled FFUR/SLX (FFSX) cause I prefer FFUR2007 on its own.

Hey T-Bird et al,

First, great job on this mod. After playing this for while, here are my observations:

Good:

-Sounds are great

-Air support feature is awesome and long overdue. Funny, for a change it works for me all the time (i.e. no CTD from the editor OR missions)

-Textures are great

-No slowdown even with alot of objects on screen

Bad:

-Sidearm/handgun power is way too weak. Shot a Russian soldier's at point blank range 7 times with a .45 before he died. A high caliber pistol at the range should be much more effective.

-Kind of miss the close combat/knife action from vanilla SLX

-The ol' "dirt kicks up 20 feet behind where it should" bug of SLX

Just my buffalo nickel's worth.

-Pilots that bail from aircraft over water land and float in the water, but can't swim...

-Soldiers swim with weapons in their hand....and fire them in the middle of the ocean (new style of fishing, perhaps?)

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Biggie

Where is the FFUR/SLX MP version? This is still the SP version isn't it?

Wook [iDGN]

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the kind of late reply, I have been busy during the last days because of real life circumstances.

Thank you for your feedbacks, constructive comments and nice words, I have to plan to find the necessary time and be realistic about it to try to answer everyone, regrouping reports of bugs might need a while as well, with the hope to carry out a "decent" patch within the next incoming days that would fixe the main issues related in the thread.

Thank you for your understanding!

:]

Regards,

TB

Hmm just wondering if anybody else dislike the dying cam? No offence to tb but sometimes its hard to know exactly how we die. Maybe wait 2-3 second before the cam start? So that way if we are hit by a bullet we can see it. thx

Hmm just wondering if anybody else dislike the dying cam? No offence to tb but sometimes its hard to know exactly how we die. Maybe wait 2-3 second before the cam start? So that way if we are hit by a bullet we can see it. thx

Full ACK.

Great mod, however i have a bug to report sad_o.gif

I was playing with SEF's Humvee's when i noticed this:

dxdshot1172288066nv8.jpg

Where's my gunner gone?? huh.gif

dxdshot1172288058xh8.jpg

Oh there he is, he's doing a flintstone smile_o.gif

lol, i tested the addon without FFUR to double check its not the addon and he was fine on normal OFP. I hope this helps to clean out FFUR bugs help.gif

Great mod, however i have a bug to report  sad_o.gif

I was playing with SEF's Humvee's when i noticed this:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2977/dxdshot1172288066nv8.jpg

Where's my gunner gone??  huh.gif

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8759/dxdshot1172288058xh8.jpg

Oh there he is, he's doing a flintstone  smile_o.gif

lol, i tested the addon without FFUR to double check its not the addon and he was fine on normal OFP. I hope this helps to clean out FFUR bugs  help.gif

Hey Rico, it just means that you should get back to working with your ADF MOD.

FFUR-SLX made me laugh big time when I tried the first mission. You know when your squad/team leader asks you to run to the 5T truck? Well when I turned back from reaching the 5T, the armor depots turned into apartment buildings and my entire squad were on the top floor. What made it funnier was that my squad leader was yapping at me from the window...

Hey Rico, it just means that you should get back to working with your ADF MOD.

Eh? confused_o.gif . I cant do much with ADF mod until I get another texturer. No-one puts their hand up to help, not much i can do about it sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

FFUR-SLX made me laugh big time when I tried the first mission. You know when your squad/team leader asks you to run to the 5T truck? Well when I turned back from reaching the 5T, the armor depots turned into apartment buildings and my entire squad were on the top floor. What made it funnier was that my squad leader was yapping at me from the window...

LOL rofl.gif

Is there a way to turn off the bright blue tropical water feature in the ffur/slx?

Tbird, no worries on those RL isssues.

Just, as always looking forward to that FFUR MP-only, or FFUR/SLX MP-only, version for Battlefield, Coops, MFCTI and crCTI gameplay for my crew.

**Salute** For the as always hard work and dedication to details you and your TEAM are doing for all of us!

OFP hasn't looked soooo good since FFUR and FFUR/SLX hit the scene! Great job!

Wook [iDGN]

Huh? ACK?

Full ACK, FACK - full acknowledge. I agree with your postion.

i can't get Mapfacts noe 2 mod to work with FFUR/SLX 2007.:wall:

i find the original islands boring and nun have public service (fire, police, civil hospitals) this is the most realistic island I've seen. it would go good with this mod

TIP OF THE DAY!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

=============================

How to use SLX night vision optic effect in FFSX.

If you don't know this, when you equip the night vision goggles in SLX, te screen has an animated grainy effect with the normal green lens.

First you need two files from SLX mod:

- optika_night.p3d

- SLX_nightvision.paa

Put them in your extra pack, and install it again. Be shure that the installer will delete the old "optika_night.p3d.srpc" by editing your bat file.

Then you need to modify an editable 'config.cpp':

In it search for 'class NVGoggles:Binocular', and then replace the line, 'modelOptics="\ffur_misc\nvg\ffur_nvg.p3d";' with this line, 'modelOptics="optika_night";'.

Convert the file to bin and replace the old config.bin.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I will add those two files in the pack that I'm making so if Thunderbird can modify that config in the patch that would make things easyer.

The slowmo deathcam is great people! Have you seen it in action when you are flying in a heli or a plane and you get killed? Crashing or falling in flames, in slow motion is great!!!

About Mapfact Nogova 2, It works great for me. Make shure you have all the needed addons, put them all in the nogova2 folder and run FFSX as a mod, BUT add nogova first and FFSX in the end of the line, so the valid config is the one of this mod.

goodnight.gif

I've been off in ARMA (demo) MPland for about a week now and getting more hooked by the day. One of the great side effects of beefing up your system for ArmA is the power to run FFURSX as it was supposed to be. Honestly I never thought to bump up my resolution in OFP 1440/900 with fps @60-130. WOW! Its absolutely amazing. I have to say even after I get full retail ArmA, I'm gonna keep this baby on my HD.

Replaying Resistance for the 100th time but it feels like the first. biggrin_o.gif

TB, I agree with people about MP. More attention for MP game. biggrin_o.gif

Also some intresting thing wich i saw in game.

So looks sniper in distance. Is this wite camouflage?

tounge2.gif

sniper1il7.th.jpg

Oh, sorry some another pic.

Sometimes a see this wonderful nature biggrin_o.gif

naturers2.th.jpg

And this is intresting fire textures biggrin_o.gif

fireis3.th.jpg