Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

NIM Dynamic Weather

Has anyone else had trouble getting the mist logic to work? I have tried placing it everywhere(low altitude, near on on water) but I see no effect.

Seem's like since 1.08 the Dynamic Weather AddOn creates a lot of lag...

Every time short bevore it beginns to thunder and rain my frames drop from 50 to 20.

I hope so, this is one of my favorite addons.

I have a lot of lag too, when using any combination of NIM_weather game logics.

I sure like the idea of having nice clouds and mist, but getting unplayable framerates is a price too high in my opinion.

Does anyone have an idea on what is causing lag in this addon ? Maybe we (as a community) can find and implement a solution.

Malick

Hi! Is there a way to take away those horribles strips on the ground that appears in sandstorm effects? If yes, how?

Would be an essential melioration of this very good and useful addon.

Thanks and Cheers!

Yes i really miss this Greate script too... It gives such a greate atmosphere to ArmA!

So PLZ FIX this nice peace of work! sad_o.gif

Wow. Simply...Wow.

This has seriously renewed my love for ArmA. Tank battles on Sarhani lite are AMAZING. Searching for enemy t72's as you roll through a sand storm, crash landing your cobra in the middle of a sandstorm and running for your life from behind enemy lines, seeing your infantry support in the distance just appear out of the sand. This is amazing stuff. I will never create another mission without throwing one of these effects in! EVER!

Thank You!

Wow. Simply...Wow.

This has seriously renewed my love for ArmA. Tank battles on Sarhani lite are AMAZING. Searching for enemy t72's as you roll through a sand storm, crash landing your cobra in the middle of a sandstorm and running for your life from behind enemy lines, seeing your infantry support in the distance just appear out of the sand. This is amazing stuff. I will never create another mission without throwing one of these effects in! EVER!

Thank You!

Does it work for you with 1.08huh.gif

Does the downloadlink in the first post work? I never get the file....

Regards, Christian

I'm up to date and it's working beautifully for me. Why, what's the problem on yours? I forgot what link I used, but it downloaded no problem for me smile_o.gif

Hope this helps ya out... smile_o.gif

Is there a way to get it to work in all missions?

Is there a way to get it to work in all missions?

open the mission in the editor- add NIM - re-pbo and place back in 'Missions'

Yes froggyluv I know this. I meant if it would be possible to make to work with all missions/campaign without that depbo and repbo stuff...

anyone hear of this being tweaked for arma2? The weather works ok, but the snow and dust doesn't seem to work

anyone hear of this being tweaked for arma2? The weather works ok, but the snow and dust doesn't seem to work

Hm? In ArmA 2 it works fine for me, both snow and dust effects.

anyone want to explain how to get this mod working in arma 2 ?

It's used by calling a gamelogic. Just having the mod enabled doesn't enable the effects, the mission has to be designed for it.