Sign in to follow this  
walker

ArmA 505 Europe Release + US Publisher

This is great news!!! We will finally see alot more people online once this releases in the UK and the US!!!

I'll probably buy another copy when the US version is released, and use my current to run a dedicate server off of.

that is great news.

however, i'd say that it would only be fair if the patch for the already released game versions would be made available a bit before the 505 release, as we have been beta-testing the game for months now.

I'll probably buy another copy when the US version is released, and use my current to run a dedicate server off of.

Yeah... I totally fell for that marketing scheme too.

My german game and 6thSense translation served me with honors durring these months. But I'm gonna get myself the real english version too.

People, people, calm down....

What he means is simple.

The UK version had to be shipped and there was little time to fix all the bugs, so it will be shipped with 1.04 (Which isn't really a patch, but the default version the UK version comes in.)

And 1.05 being the patch that fixes bugs for both versions, as both will feature a lot of bugs.

Thats what I think he means. There's no point in making a 1.04 patch if 1.05 gets released 2 weeks later. For you guys it makes sense, but BIS sure won't waste their time doing that.

But seriously they should make a serious patch and call it 1.25 Even if it takes 5 months. Im sick of this little unprofessional patches. It makes BIS look so amateur.

In 5 years from now, ARMA will have 45 patches. Each patch fixing few bugs. Its like they get paid by fixing few bugs every weeks lol. Kind of funny too.

But seriously they should make a serious patch and call it 1.25   Even if it takes 5 months.  Im sick of this little unprofessional patches.  It makes BIS look so amateur.

In 5 years from now, ARMA will have 45 patches.  Each patch fixing few bugs.  Its like they get paid  by fixing few bugs every weeks lol.  Kind of funny too.

Lol smile_o.gif So you rather had waited 5 months since arma version v1.01 or so? Until they would make a v1.25 lol?

I dont see the unprofessional problem... BIS is fixing as much as they can as fast as they can from the start to make us all happy... While they of coarse have been working on getting the 505 Release out in the meantime...

And I guess it's normal that they will release more frequent patches in the beginning than later when most of the important bugs and problems are fixed.

A little lesson teached by "Operation Flashpoint"...never buy before Version 1.46.

Mabes

Quote[/b] ]I'll probably buy another copy when the US version is released, and use my current to run a dedicate server off of.

You dont need to use a licence to run a dedicated server - the server .exe doesnt require a CD either...

Get one of your German or Czech pals round to play.. wink_o.gif

#C

@ Feb. 08 2007,22:07)]I am not very glad about this news. I was really looking forward to the next patch only to read it will be delayed by about 2 weeks minimum.

No reasons are given so i don't understand why this is so? It's not the additional vehicles and weapons but the bug fixes i am interested in.

So again, wait and see ... icon_rolleyes.gif

A release in Vatican city is simply - well, how to put it - ridiculous. huh.gif

The patch hasn't been delayed because AFAIK it was never announced. You will often be disappointed if you go through life making presumptions.

Luciano, why don't they just boost the version number up to 25.78, would that be professional in your opinion? The bigger the number the better?

People, stop guessing version numbers that's just a complete waste of time.

thumbs-up.gif

i guess all these MMO games with online updater releasing patches each xy days are also amateur smile_o.gif

must something weird they got millions of players and get more money from subscriptions (in case of paid MMO) than You can imagine  rofl.gif

Get used to frequent updates and patching, especially from independent developers. It's the only way to keep multi million dollar development costs under control.

I can already see....

ThePope (Alpha Team): i pwned you ass ya n00b!

Nice to see this post being made smile_o.gif

Maybe BIS really listened to us and becomes a lil bit more open to the community.

Would love to see such Kind of Community report on a regualr ( monthlsy? ) basis.

Anyway, cant wait too see the 505 version smile_o.gif

I'm good. (feel good)

Preordered german 1.0 and got 1.02

Preordered UK-english 1.04 and get 1.05

---

Will preorder US-english 1.06~1.10 final ASAP

Will get 1.10~?.?? in the coming years.

Meanwhile I play what I have got.

Isn't life good? smile_o.gif

Nice to see this post being made smile_o.gif

Maybe BIS really listened to us and becomes a lil bit more open to the community.

Would love to see such Kind of Community report on a regualr ( monthlsy? ) basis.

Anyway, cant wait too see the 505 version smile_o.gif

Well, I tried my best to convince Maruk aswell as Suma to be more open and share more information, who knows this is a (in)direct result biggrin_o.gif

(cant wait either btw ;P)

I can't belive you guys, praising BIS for their incompetence.

They released a beta and now their struggling to get it into a playable stage (Most people still have problems playing. Ask how many on the forums aren't playing and waiting for patches).

And you guys are praising BIS for that. All your doing is encourage them to make low quality games.

Same with the demo. I haven't seen a demo for any game having 2 patches. Geez, get it right the first time.

Look at medieval total war 2. It only had 1 patch!. Thats because they don't need to release every 2 weeks a 10 mb patch that fixes close to nothing.

ARMA is obviously unfinished and they should have postponed the release instead of trying to fix that with patches.

-The multiplayer is unfinished. (CTI bugs, crashes, boat bug, interface that looks like crap, text bugs.)

-SP is definately unfinished. (Campaign that you need to cheat to finish it, buged to hell and back, pure random crap. At least they should have made a few good missions in the end and beginning to mask the quality.... but no.)

-Flight dynamics (Lots of bugs with that too, unfinished)

-Bullet penetration (Definately unfinished, or really bugged)

So thats what I meant. BIS is only trying to finish the game and make it playable to the masses, and you guys are acting as if OMG look at the support!

They released a beta and now their struggling to get it into a playable stage (Most people still have problems playing. Ask how many on the forums aren't playing and waiting for patches).

And you guys are praising BIS for that. All your doing is encourage them to make low quality games.

Same with the demo. I haven't seen a demo for any game having 2 patches. Geez, get it right the first time.

Look at medieval total war 2. It only had 1 patch!. Thats because they don't need to release every 2 weeks a 10 mb patch that fixes close to nothing.

ARMA is obviously unfinished and they should have postponed the release instead of trying to fix that with patches.

-The multiplayer is unfinished. (CTI bugs, crashes, boat bug, interface that looks like crap, text bugs.)

-SP is definately unfinished. (Campaign that you need to cheat to finish it, buged to hell and back, pure random crap. At least they should have made a few good missions in the end and beginning to mask the quality.... but no.)

-Flight dynamics (Lots of bugs with that too, unfinished)

-Bullet penetration (Definately unfinished, or really bugged)

So thats what I meant. BIS is only trying to finish the game and make it playable to the masses, and you guys are acting as if OMG look at the support!

Ok, then don't play the game.

Yep, then simply don't play the game if you don't like it this way. Im having fun nearly everyday with the game, so are my friends and community members.

Its perfectly fine by me! Why wait another year for ArmA to be released? Play now, cope with the bugs, new patches coming in anytime... New features aswell... Perfect, and in the mean time we're editing ourself completely crazy  xmas_o.gif

Why is it so problematic that there are some bugs at this time, which get resolved anyway, and even more features added along the way? Thats something that keeps me busy... Are you unable to complete your work or school because of it? Someone dies because of it? Really... I mean, apart from the fact that I and many others are enjoying the game on a daily basis, what is the big problem here at hand that the game is not working yet as it supposed to be, but will do pretty soon?

Go be productive instead of complaining all day for a change smile_o.gif (As if this kind of complain will change BIS policy)

/me is seriously considering writing a Wiki page with all answers to all "They should've did ... Look at game Y.... xxx Patches ... bla bla bla" and then just reply on everyone's post simply with the wiki link biggrin_o.gif Who's with me  inlove.gif

its tiresome to have to repeat that ArmA is an ongoing project and will be patched, fixed, expanded etc. along the way. We just got some M16a4, SU34's, motorbikes and some other stuff for free (in 1.05... and who says thats the end of it?), where is your post where you ask a paypal or bank account to send BIS money to? biggrin_o.gif (Right? Because when BIS gives you a free feature... it's all perfect right? But if they lack a feature (temporary) you want to beat the beast?)

So you get a buggy game? Don't get what you've paid for?

That's not true, you will get what you've paid for... in the end you have a well patched and workin game, a crazy engine, and more features than you possibly could've hoped for at release (the time you paid for it..).

Besides, continueing to argue about these issues is really numb aswell, how about we just leave it as "We think this" "They Think that" and we just leave it at that  whistle.gif