Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

awesome Gnat! yay.gif loved how the ships took out them missiles and it felt awe inspiring watching something of that size sink.'

Btw when wathcing the back part of the fleet ship i noticed the chopper pad, will the ship have the ability to repair and rearma and refuel choppers? smile_o.gif Everytime i see your ships im somehow always reminded me of this game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....he_Gulf

piccy http://members.tcq.net/video61/images/lynx/gamepics/desert.jpg

some day i just have to make a Strike games inspired coop mission or something smile_o.gif

btw love the pic in combat photo thumbs-up.gif

Great work there Gnat and Mandoble thumbs-up.gif

Just a minor nit-pick, but if those were UGM-84 Harpoons being used against that ship in your video, Gnat, then they tend to be launched from the torpedo tubes and not the vertical launch tubes, which are usually reserved for Tomahawks (that is, unless those were the anti-ship version of the Tomahawk presented in the video?)

oh god, please, just, release a beta of just *one* ship

anything

I have a beach landing mission and I need bigger ships to provide fire support, otherwise it's just a load of pbx/bmp2s getting slaughtered by coastal artillery (including working gun batteries several km back, thank you Caxton Gibbet wink_o.gif )

I have an important question that many people discuss at our website biggrin_o.gif

What's that for a plane, you can see, when the ship sinks? crazy_o.gif

Everybody thinks that's not a default ArmA plane... Please help ^^

maybe its the Su plane but with Air to ground missiles addweaponedd to it? smile_o.gif

Gnat i love your stuff, any chance for release to next weekend? biggrin_o.gif

Yes, concur with the other fellas, any details on timeframes, Sir? wink_o.gif

Yes, concur with the other fellas, any details on timeframes, Sir? wink_o.gif

Wish its wasnt but difficult to predict, especially when I'm away for work for another week+ sad_o.gif

The plane in the video was Footmunch's Backfire. Unreleased obviously, I converted it to ArmA as part of my learnings.

No, it didn't shoot the ship, its just on patrol as part of Mandobles scripting.

Mandoble's Missiles are very impressive and I now have a dilema about if I use proper BIS turrets/weapons (which have serious limitations, especially for AI naval war) or incorporate MM into my still developing addons.

Gnat were there any carrier addons for OFP? A kitty hawk would be badass confused_o.gif .

Gnat @ Oct. 22 2007,01:35)]Mandoble's Missiles are very impressive and I now have a dilema about if I use proper BIS turrets/weapons (which have serious limitations, especially for AI naval war) or incorporate MM into my still developing addons.

is there a way to do both or would this require 2 of everthing? If so i dont see any problem with MM scripts simulating what ever you need them to do! As i dont see BIS fixing or improving missile systems in ArmA let alone systems for sea going warfare, a different solution is needed and MM is probalbly the best(only?) solution. But ultimately the choice is yours to make.

Great looking work so far though keep it up!

Snoops

Well, it is not a matter of choicing between white or black. Mando Missiles dont require anything special for the launcher or the target, you may add many different missile systems to a civilian bus if needed. In fact, Gnat's Navy already had some AI battles using only Mando Missiles and Mando Guns and the current ships havent required any modification for that wink_o.gif

The idea behind these scripts is that the addon maker doesnt need to worry about attack/defense systems as it is a matter of the mission designer to choice.

As an example, for a single mission, the mission designer might have many different weapon configurations for AV8B, in fact, he might create a strike force with only AV8Bs where two of them are armed with 2 AMRAAMS + 4 sidewinders, another one with 4 AMRAAMS + 2 HARMS and the rest with 2 Sidewinders and 4 LGBs. A single launcher type and many different simulated missiles.

Another example, you have a Los Angeles sub going to launch cruise missiles against a city, but you want to setup a defensive perimeter with anti-missile capability, are you going to create a new addon just for that purpose? With Mando Missile and Mando Gun you dont need to, just use whatever you arelady have in game as launchers and that's all. At the end, the flexibility should be mostly in the hands of the mission designer.

Gnat @ Oct. 20 2007,13:10)]Playing with Mondobles Missiles ... very cool.

ArmA Sub vs Surface Fleet - Higher Res and FileFront file

Very impressive!

That looks really very nice!

Will you add something like a bigger "bow wash" and "stern wash" (wave) to the ships and the sub to get a better feeling of "moving on water"?

Looking forward to your Navy ... NEED SHIPS! tounge2.gif

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Gnat

i've visited ur web and was really impressed how many addons you have under developing! Do u have any approximately dates for release of ur subs/ships and planes?

And also I want to ask u a little question - is it possible to change physic of flight? I really hate that a10 can turn almost the same as harrier or DC3 can make wing turn same way as any other plane.

Gnat's navy and Mando Missile/Gun in action wink_o.gif

Russian vessels move first with a saturation attack of 8 anti-ship missiles. US ships defend themselves with Phalanx and Standard missiles until they get in range of ASROC, then the Russian navy is destroyed by four torpedoes. Meanwhile four Su34Bs aproach to the US group by the North to find the Standard/Phalanx wall seconds later.

<span style='color:blue'>Gnat's naval clash, AI vs AI (hi)</span>

Sweeet! Looking really good. Do the Mando Missile scripts credit wins though? Are the missiles actualy "fired" or camcreated?

Keep up the great work!

Will you add something like a bigger "bow wash" and "stern wash" (wave) to the ships and the sub to get a better feeling of "moving on water"?

would be greate water need improvements, and bis just gave 2 crappy boats ...

Quote[/b] ]Looking forward to your Navy ... NEED SHIPS!

+1

How will the targeting and listening for enemy targets be like?

Active/passive sonar simulation? I asked before but that was too early to determine.

Do the Mando Missile scripts credit wins though? Are the missiles actualy "fired" or camcreated?

Mando Missile increases the score and rating of all the players in the crew of the missile launching vehicle based on the "cost" of the destroyed target.

Mando Missile also keeps an array of number of destroyed targets types by the player: vehicles, ships, air units and buildings.

At this moment, Mando Missile doesnt credit AI with anything, just players.

Mando Missiles are not camCreated, are createVehicled wink_o.gif

awesome videos! Really shows some of the abilites these great addons got. Btw do the ships got cargo spaces for troops too? Would be nice to have 'em to do special forces insertions old school way wink_o.gif and for the fun of it making mission with destroyers being long range troop transports and setting soldiers incargo of ships as playable and having the ships attacked bu Su planes and the tense moments as soldiers inside the airstriked ships before they reach the safe desitination or maybe get forced to eject into sea and get rescued by choppers a little bit coast guard style smile_o.gif

Good idea. Except how are you going to unload the soldiers? Ships can't get close enough to the beach (unless those are landing ships), so the soldiers have to swim. But we all know what happens if you swim in arma. You get to the beach with no weapons or ammo sad_o.gif Is it possible to load soldier into the rubber craft inside the ship's cargo bay? Than they can just eject in that rubber boat and do the landing off these smaller crafts? Same goes for SF insertion off the submarine. Sounds like scripting nightmare.

Btw, Gnat, have you ever figure out how to effectively use submarines in Arma? Or are they just going to be targets? Can they use Mando's missiles? Is it even possible to have ASW features in Arma?

considering what I've seen, I think it would be possible to create a script which creates a dinghy off the side of the ship, then moves people from cargo to the dinghy. It might even be possible to make sure the ship is stopped before the script allows itself to be activated, maybe even include putting the dinghy/exit of the cargospace as the limited working geolod section, so people can run to the dinghy on the deck of the ship.

So there were no carrier addons for OFP at all? confused_o.gif

Yes , what was it...USS Nimitz? (sp)

I toyed with Jap Kaga I was developing but hit limitations.

I dreamed of USS Yorktown, big project