Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

Quote[/b] ]how a bout a 2 man canoe to go with submarines ..for small scale insertions ..

In the plans

pleased to hear it .. good luck biggrin_o.gif

Since Gnat's the one that's going to make this work (if he still has the inclination after the beautiful Osprey), and it's a navy unit, I thought I'd post an update here  biggrin_o.gif  

lcacrev065frontei4.jpg

lcacrev065flisota8.jpg

lcacrev065frisowe3.jpg

lcacrev065blisogi8.jpg

BTW Gnat, does the your mockup of the LCAC work for you in 1.05?  It crashes my system out.  confused_o.gif

yay.gif Being able to transport units over water is one thing that's really missing in various CTI-mods. Will be really cool if you pull this off!

Great to see this thread back on page 1! yay.gif I'm a massive fan and can't wait for some of this stuff to come out

BTW Gnat, does the your mockup of the LCAC work for you in 1.05?  It crashes my system out.  confused_o.gif

Ouch !! crazy_o.gif Your right ... bugger ... wonder what changed.

..... checkin it out.

Sorry Scrub, lots of RL stuff takin my time and what little I do have I'm off playing with Tilt-thingys tounge2.gif

I guess that's a good reason the tools aren't out yet?  They must still be changing things. Please don't stop your work on the tilt-rotor to check this out, it's still far from done and that Osprey will rock many a mission! notworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

man those ships looks realy cool i hope we see them soon in game.

does the ships have Cruisemissles biggrin_o.gif

beatiful LCAC seriously that will just make CTI mods more great to be able to transport heavy vehicles between islands. Btw what kind of weapons will the LCAC have? Any mg or anti air stuff?

Man i hope you guys pull off these stuff off.

Arh ..... finally can see your pictures zerg63 !

Looks very nice thumbs-up.gif good job

Not much .... but maybe its time for me to get all the animations and enclosures working on that pretty new Kuznetsov biggrin_o.gif

What about ships as static objects? Are you able to create some static ships yet? inlove.gif

I too am interested in this. How goes it? Static Objects would be kewl for an early/beta kind of release. I could use a carrier type thing, or something which choppers can land and take off from. notworthy.gif

Great job!!! beautifull!!!

where they are possible to be downloaded?

thx

What about ships as static objects? Are you able to create some static ships yet?

That would really be lovely! inlove.gif

MfG Medicus

hope you can get htese to us soon would be handy for missions and videos

Trully nice work Gnat!

Admired your work in OFP and you still amaze me in ArmA.

I'll definatly keep an eye on you wink_o.gif

Thanks guys.

An update, for what its worth.

Working on turrets at the moment, thanks to some help from Scar09 thumbs-up.gif

- Have first of my frigates working with 3-4 turrets ie. 1 Main gun, 2 CIWS and 1 Missile turret

- No special OFP type Multi-turret tricks needed smile_o.gif

- All works fine with human players

- But the AI gunners are acting weird with the different combinations .... confused_o.gif

i.e.

- the projectile weapons gunners will attack targets but the Missile guy won't

- Gunners seem to mostly follow the same targets at the same time, and only fire 1 at a time.

So at the moment I'm experimenting with break-downs of the different combination of turret configs with the aim of finding a combination that allows;

a) all AI gunners to fire their weapons and

b) each AI gunner to be a bit more independant

I'm taking each Frigate turret and attaching to a Patrol Boat and seeing how they work and how they can be tuned.

MissileBoat_3.jpg

MissileBoat_4.jpg

I haven't started work on a new ArmA way (?) of making the helicopter decks solid. ArmA like OFP has a GEO LOD size limit sad_o.gif

Thanks Gnat for the update mate - looks incredible! Good luck with the techical bits!

I can't wait to use your stuff when it's released mate! Especially the subs for commando insertions! yay.gif

Gnat @ May 27 2007,06:25)]Thanks guys.

An update, for what its worth.

Working on turrets at the moment, thanks to some help from Scar09 thumbs-up.gif

- Have first of my frigates working with 3-4 turrets ie. 1 Main gun, 2 CIWS and 1 Missile turret

- No special OFP type Multi-turret tricks needed smile_o.gif

- All works fine with human players

- But the AI gunners are acting weird with the different combinations .... confused_o.gif

i.e.

- the projectile weapons gunners will attack targets but the Missile guy won't

- Gunners seem to mostly follow the same targets at the same time, and only fire 1 at a time.

So at the moment I'm experimenting with break-downs of the different combination of turret configs with the aim of finding a combination that allows;

a) all AI gunners to fire their weapons and

b) each AI gunner to be a bit more independant

I'm taking each Frigate turret and attaching to a Patrol Boat and seeing how they work and how they can be tuned.

I haven't started work on a new ArmA way (?) of making the helicopter decks solid. ArmA like OFP has a GEO LOD size limit sad_o.gif

Cool! notworthy.gif

GS0145.jpg

How can they use VLS, Harpoon, CIWS.

I have a problem of writing config files for ArmA, Can you help me?  help.gif

goodnight.gif

Not at the moment zerg63, I still have problems of my own setting up Turrets and Missile Launchers.

You could use Mandos stuff for now.

BTW, you may wont to un-quote those pictures of mine, you are not allowed to quote pictures in this forum.

Gnat old mucker...

I wonder if you might be able to make a static, wrecked ship? It might be nice for storyline and visuals to have a shipwreck.

Tanky