Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Lost-World Returns

Thanks cribban wink_o.gif

Unfortunately still no word from BIS regarding the tool, a few request proposals have been sent to BIS, we are still awaiting word of "yes or no"

All we need is confirmation of a "Yes or No" (it’s that simple)

Doesn’t matter when we get it, as long as we have a clear answer. That way we don’t waste time developing something that’s never going to work in the engine.

We are still active, but nothing to really show atm

Nick

ok thanks hopefully they will get back to you soon really looking forward to this mod thumbs-up.gif

It would really be a big shame if you had to move on to another engine just because you are not given the chance to implement your own animations into the game.

I remember Marek praising the active community that kept OFP alive that long and they certainly also took benefit from the community work.

For me it´s hard to understand why they do not even communicate with you anymore.

You have all of my support.

i would sign or take part in any way i can.

Just one thing bothers me and may explain the silence if my assumption is right your title suggests an already used trademark and this site now earns a revenue thru advertising(read:buy arma now) and if thats the case then bis cant in anyway take part even on the sidelines without a risk of legal issues , let alone release tools to further the project.

just my assumption if its complete bollox ingore me and sign me up for a laugh anyway smile_o.gif

linkvstrex1yb6.gif

Dear community / BIS

Online petition thanks to Matt Rochelle

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/14982.html

Lost World Returns has an urgent problem, and we would like to address the situation. With over a year spent in development, with most of our content being created behind the scenes, we all have spent a lot time and money on this project and we have now hit a large wall, or rather a HUGE MOUNTAIN.

We would like to try and rally up some support from the community and ask BIS one last time for their help and support.

With the release of the community tools most of the mods where able to start porting or developing content for Arma, with little problems.

Unfortunately we had a different story, and we were relying on BIS to release their animation tool that allows exportation of smoothed skinned data form a model from Maya into o2, this tool would allow us to import Maya created animations without doing the impossible job of rigging and setting up the weights in o2. We are fully aware BIS has such a tool, as the animations you see in-game where created using the exact method from their motion capture studio.

With talks and emails arranged, we have still not heard anything back for over two months, not even a confirmation email acknowledging our issue.

So it leave us no choice as a “team†to try and get some public support on the matter, and if by the end of the month we have still not heard anything we will have to consider developing our content for another engine.

By no means are we in position to start demanding information or software, but we would like to hear a response, out of respect and curiosity and from a professional stand point of view that BIS represents in their company.

If BIS are reluctant to reply, unfortunately we will be packing our bags and moving to another engine, not because of choice, but because of future development. We have produced too much material to drop it all. And we are more than willing to take a step back, in order to take many steps forward again in the future.

I hope everyone understands our position and the next week will prove to be the most important.

Our dinosaurs have been crying out for this animation technology and we really need to support them.

If any news sites that would be willing to help spread the word, that would be great.

Thank you for reading and support

Nick

Edit: I switched page, more impact on fresh page  smile_o.gif

damn! I was hoping to hunt them dinos, I can see where not having animated dinos would pretty much hamstring the whole idea. I feel sorry for the guy who made all those dinos and animated them in maya, never to let them see them running through northern sahrani.

I would definitely sign rather then see LWR pull a goodnight.gif

i would sign or take part in any way i can.

Just one thing bothers me and may explain the silence if my assumption is right your title suggests an already used trademark and this site now earns a revenue thru advertising(read:buy arma now) and if thats the case then bis cant in anyway take part even on the sidelines without a risk of legal issues , let alone release tools to further the project.

just my assumption if its complete bollox ingore me and sign me up for a laugh anyway smile_o.gif

Thank you for your support everyone

We have nothing to do with Jurassic park or the franchise; i made sure of this from day one of development.

We are set in the universe so people can automatically relate the mod with a "JP theme" in a way its our indirect marketing tool wink_o.gif

And you just showed us a perfect example  smile_o.gif

Hey, if numbers will help, then count me in! Would be a real shame if the wonderful animations couldn't be imported to ArmA.

I support you 100%. I think it's somewhat rude of BIS to not even verify if there'll be such a tool or not, that's the least they could do so you guys won't be wasting your precious time on an engine that is of no use to you.

Count me in on this. Id love to see this mod survive for ArmA.  smile_o.gif

BIS what the hell you thinking?

Lets maybe set up a petition? smile_o.gif

I can completly understand your attitude.

I hope that BIS will come around and get in contact with you.

If not, we see us @ Crysis. smile_o.gif

Hopely there is a better comm.support.

Signed. News will follow, and i´m also gonna include the petition if it´s the 'official' one.

couldn't BIS convert the anims for you ?

I know this is tricky but still...

Guest Ti0n3r

Signed. I've followed the progress of the mod since the start and... BIS? whistle.gif

I sent a PM to Maruk and Suma. I urge everyone here to do the same thing!

Thanks everyone, it’s really very touching to see this kind of support, this is a good example of the real community at its best.

@ Matt Rochelle

Many thanks for the petition may as well use it as an official reference.

Signed. You guys show what BIS engine and their community is capable of.

I would so love to get an adrenaline rush deep in the forest while being circled by hungry dinosaurs! And the work done so far looks amazing!

And I also am following and advertising this mod since day one smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif