Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Lost-World Returns

What I've considered with this mod, and my friends, is to have an off base camp, with supplies, ammo and what not, and a little bird, or boat. And the whole goal will be to go dinosaur hunting, the bigger/more skillfull/rare Dino you kill, the more points, unlocking better weapons for killing them.

Has no real point, other then just hunting down these creatures with friends.

Also, a respawn system, so that they will repopulate the island.

Hey can you have a non story driven map with the dynamic dinosaurs. Where you get a gun and spawn on a random part of the island and try to survive as long as you can, it would also be cool if in this mode I would have to eat and hunt.Oh and one more thing it would be cool if it had a day/night cycle.

Will the dinos leave poop behind? I figure if the dino is able to eat a player or two, thedino should be able to releave himself.

I personally for one would be pretty scared if I could spot Dino poop everywhere. Just imagine scanning the horizon with your binocs and on the ridgeline you spot 3 poops which would be your lost Medic and other teammates.

script flies to hang around....

Will the dinos leave poop behind? ...

If so, than the same must be applied to humans.

Tit for tat.

Since the last "official" info here is almost a month old, is there any news on this mod? I'm guessing there are no working dinos so far due to lack of anim tools.

Well, luckily, they are not animating in the tools provided by the community.

Perhaps O2 will have a built in animator (don't hit me, just guessing), which will do the job, but I belive their animator has maya or something.

and @ smiley:

Are all images ingame, or are some of them renders, cause, g'damn they look awsome biggrin_o.gif:D

Sorry for the late response.

@Frogstar

Dinosaurs will be able to excrete; we are quite excited about the kind of effects we can implement, especially with bump and normal maps!!  wink_o.gif

@MaddogX

BIS are being quiet about their plug-in tools, I have send Suma and Maruk PM’s regarding their plug-in that will allow users to import skeletons and UV maps into o2 via Maya, which we are all using for animation creation, As its so advanced and allows us to create complex animations.

Its really a showstopper (for us anyway) if they decide not to release the plug-in, as we will be forced to use either a user created animation tool from the community or the use the limited o2 animation application that’s now built in.

(Perhaps we should do what the zombie mod did and "ask bis for xxx" with a signing of people to support it) tounge2.gif

Dinosaur models are coming on nicely, but I would rather show working or at least textured shots now, so hence the lack of updates. No one really wants to look at a model nowadays. They want to see it working, and finished.

The BIS forum is really used for larger news updates; smaller bit sized news is located on our forum.

@wex-q

Correct, we are using Maya for animation, including rigging.

I think you are correct about o2, at least that’s what I have heard.

Depends on what images you are referring too, our first lot of screenshots where a mix of in game and "engine" renders. What I mean by that is, rendering the model, with the same properties as what the engine supports, so we don’t make it look more than it really is.

Nick

Thank you for your reply!

I just recalled someone showing me an image which was from your mod, which I though, later found on Google.

Can't remember who, but not important since I don't play ArmA anyways (yet whistle.gif )

Are you able to show the image on the form or PM me?

All material has been created by our own team, unless the image was from one of our sources?

You should play arma! smile_o.gif

For the 'play-as-a-dinosaur' mode, how do you plan on having the dinosaurs attack people? Do you plan on having animated attacks (forward leap-and-bite, scratch-with-claws, etc.) or is it going to be something like having the victims get hit by a car? Just ram the victim or step on it?

Anyone remember the old T-Rex simulation on the first demo CD's for Playstation 1?

I think something similar to that would be a great way to control the dinosaurs.

edit-

Found a video clip biggrin_o.gif

For the 'play-as-a-dinosaur' mode, how do you plan on having the dinosaurs attack people? Do you plan on having animated attacks (forward leap-and-bite, scratch-with-claws, etc.) or is it going to be something like having the victims get hit by a car? Just ram the victim or step on it?

Hi Lieutenant Shaft

For the "P.a.a.d" mode, there will be a series of user actions that will pop up for certain situations, depending on the dinosaur. But also implementing dynamic attacks,(so the player has control)

The raptor species will be the most challenging, due to the complexity of their ability's. We have also thought about key binding the movement control (mouse) and a key on the keyboard, so the player can make defensive moves (if he/she) is a herbivore.

It will be quite a complex system, but we are pretty sure we can customize the keys for our purposes, and also provide a "dino" profile, so the players don't have to set up their own keys, and revert back each time, they want to play as a human. As both categories will be "man" class.

@Opteryx

I remember playing that!! Brilliant system. Too bad we don't have analog controls wink_o.gif

Tell your friend, very nice drawings. I will consult Mr Dow. about the feathers, but it would be a nice realistic touch.

Oh we did a small update on the Rex, reworked the mesh, and smoothed up the UV map, here is the result smile_o.gif

The render has been rendered for "arma values" so its not over polished or representing anything it shouldnt be.

finalrexsw1.th.jpg

I would of posted the pic IN the forum, but i wanted to keep the quality.

Presumably your I-a-d-G ("I'm a dinosaur, Grrrrrrrr") player

mode will have leaping raptors. If that is so please could you

implement jumping for humans too and release it as a

standalone thingy?

Edit: Forget it. I don't really mean jumping, I mean clambering

over stuff. Sorry.

Presumably your I-a-d-G ("I'm a dinosaur, Grrrrrrrr") player

mode will have leaping raptors. If that is so please could you

implement jumping for humans too and release it as a

standalone thingy?

Edit: Forget it. I don't really mean jumping, I mean clambering

over stuff. Sorry.

Yes the raptors will be one of the primary species that will be able to jump considerable distances for attacks.

Due to the game play we are creating for the player, jumping wont be required for humans, however players can climb up and over certain objects placed in the environment for escape purposes.

smile_o.gif

cant seem to get to your website so ill post a message here how is the project going now most of the tools are out

I want to play with dinosaurs in AA)Animation of dinosaurs are realistik?

Hi

Yes our DNS/FTP is undergoing some change, and we will be "offline" for a few days, nothing longer we hope.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@ukr-man - As real as we can get them smile_o.gif

I told my daughter that I thought she might be able to play with dinosaurs one day for this game(after watching the Jurassic park movies) so now you have a 7 year old waiting too. biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Like everyone already said; The Tyrannosaurus is looking GREAT notworthy.gif