Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Lost-World Returns

Guest Ti0n3r

Guys, this is awesome! notworthy.gif

I love you inlove.gif

Thanks all credit goes to the fantastic team making this happen.

This will one of our last WIP shots, as we are planning to showcase a large interview/release of our website and forums to the public, where future information can be obtained.

Nick smile_o.gif

Where did you get such great textures?

Very good work. thumbs-up.gif

very nice smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work look forward to the website opening, this whole mod sounds like a fantastic scenario .

Will you make the animations with motion capture? rofl.gif

And will the commies be eaten by tyranosaurus rex?

The textures and the model looks great.

smile_o.gif

Will you make the animations with motion capture?  rofl.gif

And will the commies be eaten by tyranosaurus rex?

The textures and the model looks great.

smile_o.gif

YES!!! We will clone a T.rex and make a big studio for it wow_o.gif

the thing that exites me most is the fact that this could provide a brilliant starting point for many other similar mods. fully realistic ecosystem for Sahrani anyone?. you could even modify it to work with zombies e.t.c.

Thanks for the feedback! its really good to see such a positive response. At such a early stage anyway. This is only the start, first its oooo , awwwww, its a dinosaur, but then, theres the running and the screaming!!!

@ Raptor

Textures are hand made, from our talented member "Ian"

@ Deano

Thanks mate, it will defiantly give people a new game play experience for sure. And so many possibilities to expand on the idea for other "themed" ideas wink_o.gif

@ alpha125rbf

Anything will/ can be eaten, it all depends on its current "status" wink_o.gif

And yes we are in talks ingen to acquire their DNA, to manufacture our own dinosaurs for the sole purpose of providing the most realistic animations possible via motion capture!!

@ dentist guba

Im glad you see the bigger picture, the platform will provide other mods a stable system that can be edited for other modifications, and zombies are on the right path wink_o.gif

Nick

smile_o.gif

@ Raptor

thanks for reply,

very well made. thumbs-up.gif

@ Raptor

thanks for reply,

very well made. thumbs-up.gif

Oh... well... thank you smile_o.gif Will try to make other textures at least the same quality wink_o.gif

it all looks great, this is the only non-military-combat mod i'm looking forward too

Just wondering, would it be possible to make a dynamic creation script, so dinosaurs are, er, dynamically created in the player's area, so the whole island is not in use at once (causing massive slowdown most likely)?

Awsome stuff i must say im looking forward to a "Lost World" yay.gif

Amazing! This is one mod I can't wait to play!

But one thing, I wish you guys would drop the whole Jurassic Park thing - you don't need to piggyback on that series just to make this mod, and in the long run it keeps the legal people away.

I am most interested in the "ecological simulation" you are

promising. Can you tell us how detailed this will be? For

example, you have a Tyrannosaurid and a Spinosaurus in

those images. Both were apex predators, but they occupied

different ecological niches (and lived at different times in

reality but, OK, this is Jurassic Park). Will your simulation be

that detailed? I'd actually be quite interested in helping out

with that in some capacity if you're going to do it thoroughly.

Its true that in reality some of these animals are similar enough to be wiped out through competition (especially on an island). Spinosaurs may well be the exception among the predators with its very different jaw structure.

It is difficult to draw conclusions about animals from such different environments and time periods (would the Herrarasaur eat all the young T.Rexs?). I would personally have tried to create three or so specific ecosystems that are well documented (one could rationalise that Ingen only found good DNA at a few specific sites -a plausible preservation bias if you will).

Due to all of this talk to Tyrannosaurs:

Here is an image I wanted to pôint out for your animator (there is a link -I left it in the original context):

http://dml.cmnh.org/2003May/msg00385.html

The main item is the position of the bones in the hand (you can see that both digits are spread apart when the arm is extended). This is the current interpretation of how the arms would have been held and differs from 99% of museum and artistic portrayals. I can also get information on the range of motion that the arms had if needed.

There is much debate on the arms which are strong but short (used to carry extra food? used to push food out of mouth? used to anchor prey? used to grapple in mating? used to carry young? used to get up? used as some combination of the above but primarily by juveniles -as adults were too big to lie down etc.)

I personally favour choices 2, 4, 6 (in juveniles) and to some extent 5.

Also in the image one can see the relative structure of juvenile and adult (not in scale). It is likely that the juveniles fill another almost completely separate niche (I will go into this a bit later).

I also remember a paper if you want it that examined Albertosaurs and was able to estimate growth patterns (less than a decade to mature into an adult and most adults under 35 if I remember correctly with considerable damage that they believe may have been caused during mock fights over mates)...

I cant wait for this =(

Do you think you can unless a tiny beta?

Even if its unstable, I need this!! ;-(!

I am most interested in the "ecological simulation" you are

promising. Can you tell us how detailed this will be? For

example, you have a Tyrannosaurid and a Spinosaurus in

those images. Both were apex predators, but they occupied

different ecological niches (and lived at different times in

reality but, OK, this is Jurassic Park). Will your simulation be

that detailed? I'd actually be quite interested in helping out

with that in some capacity if you're going to do it thoroughly.

Its true that in reality some of these animals are similar enough to be wiped out through competition (especially on an island). Spinosaurs may well be the exception among the predators with its very different jaw structure.

It is difficult to draw conclusions about animals from such different environments and time periods (would the Herrarasaur eat all the young T.Rexs?). I would personally have tried to create three or so specific ecosystems that are well documented (one could rationalise that Ingen only found good DNA at a few specific sites -a plausible preservation bias if you will).

Due to all of this talk to Tyrannosaurs:

Here is an image I wanted to pôint out for your animator (there is a link -I left it in the original context):

http://dml.cmnh.org/2003May/msg00385.html

The main item is the position of the bones in the hand (you can see that both digits are spread apart when the arm is extended). This is the current interpretation of how the arms would have been held and differs from 99% of museum and artistic portrayals. I can also get information on the range of motion that the arms had if needed.

There is much debate on the arms which are strong but short (used to carry extra food? used to push food out of mouth? used to anchor prey? used to grapple in mating? used to carry young? used to get up? used as some combination of the above but primarily by juveniles -as adults were too big to lie down etc.)

I personally favour choices 2, 4, 6 (in juveniles) and to some extent 5.

Also in the image one can see the relative structure of juvenile and adult (not in scale). It is likely that the juveniles fill another almost completely separate niche (I will go into this a bit later).

I also remember a paper if you want it that examined Albertosaurs and was able to estimate growth patterns (less than a decade to mature into an adult and most adults under 35 if I remember correctly with considerable damage that they believe may have been caused during mock fights over mates)...

that is indeed intresting smile_o.gif

this mod looks and will be brilliant my brother hated operation flashpoint but he loves arma know that he saw the mod your releasing so well done cant wait also are ye releasing vehicles from the films as well like the hummers helicopters etc.

Geeseeee!! that Parasaurolophus looks flippin real!

I CANT wait for this. Keep up the awesome work.

will the Megalodon be able to kill a player when hes swimming and also if you havent thought of this already how about a speargun to take the megalodon out

will the Megalodon be able to kill a player when hes swimming and also if you havent thought of this already how about a speargun to take the megalodon out

A "speargun"? Do you realise how big these things were?

You'd need one at least this big:

WhaleHarpGun1.jpg

biggrin_o.gif