Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Lost-World Returns

i was thinking of a handheld very large gas powered one used by the military and it would take the shark down but it has a very short range only 20 or 30 feet.Unfortunetly i couldnt find any pictures of it but i think you get the idea.

I don't think you *quite* realise how big these sharks were. Take a London double-decker bus in your mind. Got that? OK, now stack two on top of eachother, two abreast and about eight in length. There we go. Have fun with your little pin. tounge2.gif

heh, i cant wait for this mod....

notworthy.gif

I don't think you *quite* realise how big these sharks were. Take a London double-decker bus in your mind. Got that? OK, now stack two on top of eachother, two abreast and about eight in length. There we go. Have fun with your little pin. tounge2.gif

i dont think you realise how big this speargun is its more like a harpoon gun the thing can take down most whales except for a blue whale except its handheld and could be explosive tipped but the thing is it is very powerful at very close range but useless after that range it would be interesting to use against the megalodon because u have one shot and u would have to hit it at such a close range that if u missed ur fish food.

im curiouse witch carnivore dinosaur will be the strongest,biggest and most powerful? pleas reply dev team.and one more thing i love this mod notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Sorry for the lack of response in this topic from the team.

I have had a busy month, and so has the team. I don't want to give too much away, as its more fun experiencing all the features in the game, and generally being shocked and amazed at whats to come.

All i will say is, you can expect to see a level of professional quality finish just like all the other well known mods out there, but on top of that, you can expect the un-expected wink_o.gif

We are not going to take a huge active approach in terms of PR or "pimping", our previous aim was to in fact get us on the map, show people we are here and so forth.

From now on, news posts by myself or the team, will be quite infrequent, and we will show something when there is really something worthwhile to show.

Please don't let this stop you posting questions ect, i will try to answer them, and possibly send you the answer via PM so there are no spoilers to anyone else.

We are undergoing a large "thinking process" in terms of the story and overall "goal".

(Any suggestions are welcome)

This is about 60% decided, hence why our website and forums didn't go public as soon as we planned.

Watch this space.

The Team

A friend of mine asked me a question about this mod the other day and I didn’t know the answer so could someone here answer it for me he was wondering if the raptors will hunt in packs and work together to kill there prey like the way that wolves hunt and the way that the raptors hunted in the films.

pity to hear that they stopped with ofp because ArmA doesn't run on my pc

system Amd athlon 3000+(1,8ghz) 1gb of Ram and a geforce 6200 128 mb 3d-card

A small update

In regards to the website/forum, we have had a bit of a down time, as our host "armamods.net" went down, and we are not sure whats happened to them. This isn't a problem, but we have lost our data from our non public forum.

All is not lost, new host on the way.

I will have a chat with draule for the ofp release. We are in fact updating a lot of the old ofp work we did, so we don't really want to give too much away as we will be using it.

Thats not to say it cant happen. I will let you know.

For those who have any interest, we have a IRC channel up, so the details are below if anyone of you would like to get some inside informational or just talk to the developers, we will be more than happy to answer.

Server - quakenet / random server

Channel name - #Lost-World

(for those who don't have irc, and would like to join, i suggest you check the website out a read how to join ect)

http://www.mirc.com/

Nick

i saw some of your models witch don't look at all like the ones in JPOG at all did you guys decide to make your own models insted(i hope so)?

Hi triangles

All our dinosaurs and objects will be "Artist impressions", its more fun and creative that way.

smile_o.gif

I am really looking forward to this mod. Thank you very much and i wish you luck for the development notworthy.gif

I will probably spend most of my time watching the dino's once its out, stalking them from the shadows.......or being stalked I should say help.gif

I wonder how many M16 rounds it takes to kill a Triceratops

or a Anodontosaurus crazy_o.gif

Guess maybe they will die of lead poisoning afew days later yay.gif

Thankyou for your keen interest, all of you. The website is very close to release, and i mean very!  whistle.gif

You have to remember that we are all busy people, with lives to lead, and we are in no rush smile_o.gif

However we do appreciate your interests, and are working on the site as we speak, to get the website done asap.

Please be patient, it will be worth the wait i can assure you.

Nick

almost one month still no site banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Be patient. We aren't working ONLY on the site. There are some things with higher priority at the moment wink_o.gif But i bet that Smiley will post some update soon.

Did someone say update? wow_o.gif

Its not a lot, but for those who would like to see some WIP of some animations and renders, we have a "youtube" account where you can view our latest vids.

YouTube Account

There isn't a lot on there ATM for obvious reasons, but when we start to get characters in game, along with anims, you can expect to see some very exciting teasers smile_o.gif

Hope this update will feed your hunger for a few days until the release of the website.

Nick