Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

simple answer: new graphic card is neccessary.  confused_o.gif

What graphic card is preffered?

I would say, the best agp card you can afford.  wink_o.gif

VooDoo 2 with them new 3DFX?

Can someone post new screens of the CTI mode included? And or tell us how it works.

I was expecting alot more Arma pics by now sad_o.gif .

Me too! I guess those that allready have the game are too busy playing it to be bothered with us!  smile_o.gif

damn i thought, that it was possible to merge all in one texture, with the 3dsmax rendertotexture tool wow_o.gif

btw it's not necessary to use the normal mapping for all the addons. in the textures pics posted by Ian for example, the normal seems in fact a bump map. (i guess)

While it MIGHT be possible to have all the different maps (colour, normal, specular etc) on one texture, its not the most optimum way to work.

Seeing as this is the screenshot thread - check the textures thread for further explanation.

Quote[/b] ]Me too! I guess those that allready have the game are too busy playing it to be bothered with us!

they are waiting for a patch some problems have been found.

Guys can we have a little less chit chat on this thread and more pics. I went through the last 4 pages and found one pic. Otherwise start another thread about video cards and such. The OFP Photography thread is pure pictures and no talk. Thanks.

Guys can we have a little less chit chat on this thread and more pics. I went through the last 4 pages and found one pic. Otherwise start another thread about video cards and such. The OFP Photography thread is pure pictures and no talk. Thanks.

This thread, for the time being is for "chit chat" and pictures. Placebo will seperate them out when the time is appropriate.

One thing, seeing as people are curious about system specs, performance and all other kinds of things for now we will allow conversation in here, so go crazy

I got a duel core AMD 3600 processor, 1 gige of DDR2 ram and a 7600GT, will it work on high graphics?

On what pc specs were thouse pictures taken (the ones in front page?)?

This thread, for the time being is for "chit chat" and pictures. Placebo will seperate them out when the time is appropriate.

New Arma Photography - Question & Comments thread!

yeah he wont post sexy pics if we talk in this thred..

btw: just pointed the fact out.

would post a pic but dont have game sad_o.gif

Ian Malcolm's pic... of me. smile_o.gif

Notice how I look like a ghost? When making your own face, you'll have to be sure it's as dark as the original - I increased my file's brightness by 50 percent when I started, and I look as ethereal as anything.

VersionII.jpg

Wow,that looks really good..realistic and very well done,and to think I was wondering if this type was really a better improvement over OFP's original head texture assignment.

Of course the image above looks realistic too,all of AA at high settings looks realistic thumbs-up.gif

No please don't I'm poor allready but this makes me wanna buy train tickets to prague sad_o.gif

This game looks so freaking good! I can't wait to get it in my hands. And with the language-fix it's so atractive to get on the train atm biggrin_o.gif again great job BIS thumbs-up.gif

Ian Malcolm's pic... of me. smile_o.gif

Notice how I look like a ghost? When making your own face, you'll have to be sure it's as dark as the original - I increased my file's brightness by 50 percent when I started, and I look as ethereal as anything.

The HDRI might lighting it up allot, but good advice about darking it. I think a nice artificial tan might be in order, unlike us in real life, these digital "us" have been out in the field. whistle.gif

Cant wait to get back to doing mine!

I've been asking myself this since I first saw the ArmA UH-60, but what's that horned logo on the nose of the chopper?

Way way way waaaay back in the earliest images of when they got updated soldiers somebody said it was an insignia for bravo squad or something,oldish.

Probably just the unit insignia. Something like this: 101st Although I am not sure why it is on the nose of the helicopter.

Probably just the unit insignia. Something like this: 101st Although I am not sure why it is on the nose of the helicopter.

Yeah I guessed it would be a unit insignia, I was just wondering if it was in fact real, what unit, etc...

I've never seen it before. That said, lots of units make unofficial patches for themselves.