Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

I though I read somewhere that the 6800GT was the minimum supported of NVidias cards? Is the 6600GT shader 2 or 3? .... As this is what matters I think.

shader 3.0 smile_o.gif So it's supported by 6600GT... damn, when I remember IgroMir... there was also PC with 6600GT and it seemed, the game running very well on it, without problems.

Quote[/b] ]I should think its safe to say that pretty much ALL OFP addons would be "obsolete" in ArmA, for example BAS will not be porting (nor allowing permission to port) anything from OFP to ArmA, as the models need optimisng for the ArmA engine - models with 100+ textures on them will (according to the documentation on the wiki) lag ArmA like hell, because each texture will attempt to load a normal map, specular map, detail map and so on. For a model with 150 textures, that would be 150 * 4 = 600 texture files in all.

damn i thought, that it was possible to merge all in one texture, with the 3dsmax rendertotexture tool wow_o.gif

btw it's not necessary to use the normal mapping for all the addons. in the textures pics posted by Ian for example, the normal seems in fact a bump map. (i guess)

What kind of bug You are talking about ?

about this...

http://games.tiscali.cz/reviews/arma/img8.jpg

Uhhh :/ I thought it was just the lowest settings but thats a good news if this is a bug not the settings cause the screen looks realy bad.

Does anyone else has that problem ?

I though I read somewhere that the 6800GT was the minimum supported of NVidias cards? Is the 6600GT shader 2 or 3? .... As this is what matters I think.

shader 3.0  smile_o.gif So it's supported by 6600GT... damn, when I remember IgroMir... there was also PC with 6600GT and it seemed, the game running very well on it, without problems.

Sounds like a bug in the rendering then! .... What was that I said about Beta testers a while back!  tounge2.gif  

Don't worry though; I expect there will be team working on it shortly!  wink_o.gif

btw these soldiers on my picture are SLA special forces

Thats how ArmA looks on your pc ?! wow_o.gif If i remember correctly radeon9800pro and 512 mb ram ?

PS. I love that shot !

My PC specs: AMD Athlon 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM, NVidia 6600GT

But, I set higher graphic settings for better screenshot looking biggrin_o.gif

Anyway usually I'm playing with medium settings on 1024x768 resolution and Framerate is quite good on it biggrin_o.gif

Thats nice, im surprised it even runs with only 512 MB RAM, it was posted that Arma is very demanding smile_o.gif .

Adamicz, much thanks to you, for you have restored hope in my ancient computer, the creation of which is shrouded in the mists of time long past. One more time this venerable beast may ride to what seems once again the last battle against the wicked Knights of Death, who in the lands of the west are also called Hardware Requirements.

Deutschland here i come, get those turks to make me döners, for i will require sustenance!

My battle cry will be: Ich möchte diesen Teppich nicht kaufen!!! BITTEAAAAH!

I have GF6600GT too (Leadtek, 128MB DDR3), ADM Athlon XP 2600+ and 512 MB RAM.

My results in 3D Mark 2005 around 3050 points

Adamicz, you think I can playing with medium/hight graphic settings ?

It's very important for me when I see those great screenshots confused_o.gif

Wait, so my x800xt that only has SM2.0 will not use HDR?

I believe you can still get HDR on sm2.0, just not the same type used on sm3.0 cards. For example, I think there are a few minor differences between the two.

Wait, so my x800xt that only has SM2.0 will not use HDR?

I believe you can still get HDR on sm2.0, just not the same type used on sm3.0 cards. For example, I think there are a few minor differences between the two.

IIRC you cant use AA+HDR on SM2 cards (Only in HL2 you could because they didnt use trueHDR but a 16bit version)

and You cant use HDR+AA on SM3 NVIDIA hardware until 88xx serie ...

not sure if this has already been answerd, but how does

it look like when you destroy buildings in arma?

does it look like the old video or are there any updates

on that

edit: nilz just released some videos   smile_o.gif

Some gameplay vids I got off a forum smile_o.gif

Walkaround

Headshot (yes, you can actually hit someone in the eye)

Sahrani Royal Commando soldier and building destruction

Blowin' up tractors

Someone please mirror them because my host (MSN.ee) doesn't allow a lot of traffic. Thanks smile_o.gif

Those four videos are quite amazing.

I think the animations look very fluid and smooth, which is a great thing.

Those pics that were shown were great. They look quite real but yet still a game..

Also now I really wonder if my graphics card can handle that..I bet not.....

well here are the specs on my graphics card and keep in mind guys, i know not much about graphics cards so try not to throw to many numbers and codes at me....just let me know what i need to get the game running if my graphics card doesn't support this game..here it goes..thanks all..

SPECS:

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420...

512MB Ram

DirectX 9.0c..

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.53GHz

Is that enough for the game or do I need a higher graphics card?

Thanks..

simple answer: new graphic card is neccessary. confused_o.gif

What graphic card is preffered?

Oh lord, a GF4MX... the reviewer had some problem with a 6600GT so you figure it out. biggrin_o.gif

This game seems to be the most expensive in history.

Simple:

I have to buy a new computer, lets say, 900 Euro game whistle.gif .

BUt im in inlove.gif with the game and i cant let economic issues split our relation tounge2.gif .

IMO it seems a little strange that noone ( maybe i missed someones opinion) has expressed great feelings about the game.

Some post photographs and thats all, we hear nothing special about the game except some videos and some pictures.

Correct if I m wrong but the picture can be amazing and the game average.

So im still not very optimistic about the game untill i hear read comments about the actual game.

What graphic card is preffered?

I would say, the best agp card you can afford. wink_o.gif