Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

Do you really have to go and Photoshop them like that, is it really necessary? It comes across as completely dishonest, since you're giving the game a visual appearance that it does not have by default. Why not, especially this early in the release, just post resized screens without altering them in image editing programs?

ArmA looks great without the screens being Photoshop'd. I wish people would recognize that and ditch the "sharpen" tool, amongst others.

OH thank you so much Ian ^^ Its nice to see that and by seeing the cockpit as that size I am now curious if the whole thing is 2048 or not..either way you can really see BIS has done their work very well..Thanks again inlove.gif

Do you really have to go and Photoshop them like that, is it really necessary? It comes across as completely dishonest, since you're giving the game a visual appearance that it does not have by default. Why not, especially this early in the release, just post resized screens without altering them in image editing programs?

ArmA looks great without the screens being Photoshop'd. I wish people would recognize that and ditch the "sharpen" tool, amongst others.

Dude if you read anything then you would know its not photoshoped, its the game... Thats when you say damn this game looks awsome...

Dude if you read anything then you would know its not photoshoped, its the game... Thats when you say damn this game looks awsome...

Well they're sharpened.. Sure, he tries to compensate for the resizing blur but it's still editing which can change the appearance quite a lot.

On otherhand.. Resizing is also editing. It reduces the aliasing.

I just can't wait to play ArmA  crazy_o.gif   crazy_o.gif   yay.gif Nice screenshots  smile_o.gif can't wait untill OFP combad photography transforms to ArmA smile_o.gif

those shot are taken with the help of camera.sqs, thats why you cant see the hud and stuff, PS editing is on the lowest level if you ask me, resize and sharpen like Llauma said or placebo will jump on you tounge2.gif

is the ground suppose to look like that in pic 1?

thats why we need to know whats the spec of the machine which those screenshot was taken

for those who havn't seen...

pic1

Pic2

Damn, are these yellow buildings in pic2 the new barracks?

This thread is bookmarked!

I know exactly what he did, and I know exactly what the game looks like normally. By sharpening the images the way he is, he is making the game appear distinctly different than it actually does. There is a reason none of the press shots have been sharpened in this fashion - it would be dishonest from a marketing standpoint.

You should know this, since you apparently saw ArmA in person yourself.

Guys this is the Photo Thread...

I think it would be wiser to post "commets" in the appropriate thread....

One thing, seeing as people are curious about system specs, performance and all other kinds of things for now we will allow conversation in here, so go crazy smile_o.gif

Sorry, Neph. These guys have permission. icon_rolleyes.gif

why so upset about this, anyone who want to post screenshot on the forums and dont want to use links would do the same, with >100k limit and for the low bandwidth ppl sakes there is no other way around, and photoshop isnt almighty you know, resize reduce clearness, sharpen correct this but creat noise, it is already enought and remember he didnt blur it again to make the screen looks "nice", so relex m8

Dslyecxi, stop taking potshots at the guy. The game looks like that. I just dug up an old screen from GC Press Kit that I didn't use, just to prove it. Game looks exactly like Ian Malcolm showed it, only difference is, that in the Czech final version there is Depth Of Field (Look it up on wikipedia if you don't know what I'm talking about) on some screenshots. The screen below is raw from the game, no sharpening or anything, max settings used, 1024x768 + 4xAA. If you still have doubts, then just wait for the game and see for yourself.

raws.jpg

Just one simple request and I can finally rest in peace until 2007,as most ar curious.

May I request a screenshot of how the interiors of enterable buildings looks like?And can you tell us all how many enterable buildings are there compared to Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis?

This looks awsome already and my specs are even higher than the specs stated meaning hopefully this should be even better on my rig

im really really looking forward to this game now......argh i dont wanna wait

ready my time machine!  tounge2.gif

Whats wrong with sharpening?

He has to convert them to jpeg's and scale down so that they abide the 100kb rule.. so he has to compensate quality loss somehow..

The game will actually look even better with 2/4x AA, AF and higher resolution.

AND.. im glad to see old Everon castle in Sahrani, thanks for sharing the pictures with us Ian wink_o.gif .

..and shouldnt some people be greatful that we are receiving any screenshots at all? confused_o.gif

he isn't exactly obligated....

Whats wrong with sharpening?

He has to convert them to jpeg's and scale down so that they abide the 100kb rule.. so he has to compensate quality loss somehow..

The game will actually look even better with 2/4x AA, AF and higher resolution.

Absolutely agreed! Just to take an image from the game, resize it, convert it to JPEG and compress it to under 100kb is itself removing clarity from the original image and thus could be said to be 'edited'! Sharpening is but attempting to restore some of this lost clarity!

Thanks for the screens so far! Hopefully there will be a few more from others too today!  smile_o.gif