Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

man this screen is really nice, love the shadows of the radio or rifle on the sea bed too

http://www.sniperfans.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2561

Also 9 km .. thats huge biggrin_o.gif now we are talking about real business of sniping and real life view distance thumbs-up.gif will probably help you when you fly around too. smile_o.gif

I don't think that thar radio's gonna work no more.would be bad if that actually happened and you would have to get in the "hearing radius" to communicate.

Thanks now I sound like a zombie tounge2.gif

Pleasure wink_o.gif

And yes of course OFP addons would need tweaking,possibly a bit of coding changed,some extra features can be added,like say..that commander MG on the M1A2SEP doesn't have to be for looks now,they would require speculiar and normal maps,of course this is still a good way away.

I should think its safe to say that pretty much ALL OFP addons would be "obsolete" in ArmA, for example BAS will not be porting (nor allowing permission to port) anything from OFP to ArmA, as the models need optimisng for the ArmA engine - models with 100+ textures on them will (according to the documentation on the wiki) lag ArmA like hell, because each texture will attempt to load a normal map, specular map, detail map and so on. For a model with 150 textures, that would be 150 * 4 = 600 texture files in all.

Most, if not all addons will need totally re-building from the ground up to make best use of the ArmA gfx engine.

Right click and save target as...

Its a great video, ArmA really is beautiful and the game probably looks interesting to non-OFPers aswel here.

This is the best video of ArmA ive seen! thumbs-up.gif

right-click and save-as ... or use a donwloadmmanager

the video is 197 MB "big"

HOLLY .. I just watched the video and so far it is the best impression of ArmA I could get so far. Everythings else was ... yeah nice and ArmA will ge good ... but with this video and the USER made PICS .... ARMA seems to be more than good and much more than I expected

new GREEEEAAAAAT video here

I've just wet myself notworthy.gifinlove.gif

I want this game now crazy_o.gif

Thanks now I sound like a zombie tounge2.gif

Pleasure wink_o.gif

And yes of course OFP addons would need tweaking,possibly a bit of coding changed,some extra features can be added,like say..that commander MG on the M1A2SEP doesn't have to be for looks now,they would require speculiar and normal maps,of course this is still a good way away.

I should think its safe to say that pretty much ALL OFP addons would be "obsolete" in ArmA, for example BAS will not be porting (nor allowing permission to port) anything from OFP to ArmA, as the models need optimisng for the ArmA engine - models with 100+ textures on them will (according to the documentation on the wiki) lag ArmA like hell, because each texture will attempt to load a normal map, specular map, detail map and so on. For a model with 150 textures, that would be 150 * 4 = 600 texture files in all.

Most, if not all addons will need totally re-building from the ground up to make best use of the ArmA gfx engine.

Yup,and I bet Nephillim is sitting back and laughign saying "I told them so!"

Of course this is going to be a fun little test,geting all parts onto one map I mean,as some prefer a good amount of detail. The problem is though I fear Armed Assault may have some of the texture issues related to what OFP had,OFP hated burn and dodge tool effects,its colors smeared if they became too complicated,as they say,it only supported 256. I can see a bit of the same smudging effects in Armed Assault I'm afraid,mostly on the hand and a bit of the blackhawk I believe. But I hope I am just seeing things. I mapped models several times but no avail because OFP never seemed to quite like the idea really..atleast not for the colors I had to use. If Armed Assaults coding in terms of coloration works like most computer stuff then I am guessing we have 512 of the color spectrum maybe? I just hope game2 has a much wider variety,I remember doing a bit of texturing on a model in 3Dmax and oh the different was sooo much more appetizing..oh well,we get what we get and thats all there is to it.

Though I don't quite agree with the idea of an entirerly new addon itself,textures yes but there model is there,it can be further detailed perhaps but what would be wrong with the config? Some things would need to be added to it of course but all in all its similiar right?

Downloading the video but I gots me 4 hours to wait,sure hope its worth it.

This is the ArmA Photography thread, videos and discussion about videos belong in another thread smile_o.gif

Sorry Placebo I don`t know where to add this because the video was only posted here.

Regardless if I get a WL,the video is ALL.It`s ALL that I wanted to know,all that I needed to know,all that I wanted to be incarnated Armed Assault to stand for

Thank you BIS,thank you the magazine that had enough sense to realise what Armed Assault is,2007 is going to be a really anti-social year for me  goodnight.gif

OH MY GOD. i need this game, now, no longer a want its a neccesity lol notworthy.gif

[imhttp://adamicz.theprodigy.cz/Ostatni/arma01.jpgimg]

HIRES

wow_o.gif

Wow! That looks amazing

OH MY GOD. i need this game, now, no longer a want its a neccesity lol notworthy.gif

Same thoughts here. It'll definately be worth the road trip to Germany inlove.gif

btw these soldiers on my picture are SLA special forces

Hi Adamicz! While you're posting images here, would you be so kind as to put around a hundred troops in a battle and report how it affects your framerate? (and please post system specs) notworthy.gif Thanks for the pics!

That video, as well as all the screenshots... wow_o.gif

Incredible... Just compare to what OFP was in 2001 ! Makes me want to be Czech, as in France we'll have to wait another couple of months, at least sad_o.gif

Great job BIS !

Malick

I can safely say that we are all very impressed by BIS' work.

The user screenshots, the movies, are simply amazing.

I so envy you, being a Czech. Can't wait till the release in Germany, got it pre-ordered there, I hope that sending it to me (Holland) just won't take long. I definately can't wait anymore.

btw these soldiers on my picture are SLA special forces

Thats how ArmA looks on your pc ?! wow_o.gif If i remember correctly radeon9800pro and 512 mb ram ?

PS. I love that shot !

Moree... give us more....moooooreee....:D

10 Screens.....100 Screensss......1000 Sscreeens....

and this on yesterday wink_o.gif

Hehe, small detail in the vid, when the special ops kills that driver in the truck, his headlights are still on. Good one.

From the Armed Assault video from armedassault.com for those that haven't seen it .... truly amazing!  wow_o.gif

armanight1.jpg

armanight2.jpg

armasunset1.jpg

armasunset2.jpg

armaday1.jpg

armaday2.jpg

What are your CPU specs adamicz ?

OT: I hope that ArmA will be released on X360 as well smile_o.gif