Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

New Bugs found in the Videos on -[bIS Forums]- !!!

Sorry for offtopic, but reading the forums last days is a pain..

MfG Lee huh.gif

MfG Lee huh.gif

notworthy.gif

All too true. And very sad aswell confused_o.gif

That armaflugvideo is 500Mb?! Uncompressed?

The other vids are normal size.

Gametrailers ArmA Page

I've been adding some of the better videos I've seen to the gametrailers user movie section, please go over there and post/comment/vote to get the videos seen by more people, lets get the word out about the game, it might help BIS get a north american publisher.

MfG Lee huh.gif

notworthy.gif

All too true. And very sad aswell confused_o.gif

Well we haven't found all OFP bugs either. I actually found one yesterday which I think might still exist in ArmA.

If you kill the driver and gunner of a vehicle and enter as gunner the enemies wont recognizze you as a hostile target. Actually they wont recognize you at all as long as there is a dead enemy 'driver/commander' in the vehicle even if you begin killing them one by one.

About the videos.. We could need some mirrors and some compression. Close to 600mb for 7 minutes of video is kind of overkill.

Hey, there are new sounds of rushing wind while in a parachute. Cool!

These harrier flight videos are really nice. It'd be great to see one when someone is able to max out the graphics. Maybe even record an attack run.

-Bert @ Nov. 20 2006,19:33)]New Videos on -[www.utw.name]- !!!

Those guys must have 10Mbit cables tounge2.gif 200mb for 20 sec videos smile_o.gif Or maybe they dont know how to compres ?

About the videos.. We could need some mirrors and some compression. Close to 600mb for 7 minutes of video is kind of overkill.

We are mirroring the 3 small videos on Armaholic.com like always.

I am still in the process of uploading the big one of 561MB.

But please, dont tell me in a few days we will see movies of 1 gig  tounge2.gif

Guys Ill tell you all, 500mb video...Flying in a harrier 1st person on what it seems to be medium terrain detail for 6minutes. No action and what not. Just thought a heads up for the 56ers. smile_o.gif

Wow,I can't wait to watch the whole 7 minutes with my own eyes!

Downloading now... tounge2.gif

in the 500Mb Harrier flight video

- Do you think the guy is using trackIR ?

- What is with the bug that makes the ocean look completly white when he goes too high? Is it linked to HDR? (00:40 to 00:53)

- Same with the buildings (1:56 to 2:05) and later on... some buildings turn white... I am not complaining or critizing...It is just the first time i see these...Could be anything, from video card settings to the drivers, or even game settings.

- I know its been said earlier that the Harrier does not feature VTOL for now and that it is being worked on by BIS and the feature will become available in the next patch, but can anyone confirm (Placebo, Sauma lead programmer) ?

Thanks smile_o.gif

My jaw dropped when he parachuted out at the end. The violence of it, the sound, and looking at your body with TrackIR......... wow_o.gif

Awesome!

Please forgive me by poor English.

I re-encoded 500MB Harrier video with XVID.

The size has become small though the quality a bit decreased.

uTw Harrier Video

size:105MB

nice trip, looks like Flight Sim

and thank you for original author.

You english is typed quite well actually. Better than some I know that are supposed to have english as their primary language. thumbs-up.gif

And thanks for the video re-encoding,makes download times faster and the quality isn't really that bad.

uTw  Harrier Video

Nice vid. Thanks a lot.

The flight seems to be better than OFP. But the engine sound is quite similar to OFP. Sometimes the engine seems to be halt. But real jets engines never halt in the air. It maintains the lowest RPM(e.g. 60%) even thoght a pilot set the engine idle. So the sound of jets engines must be high to some extent once the pilot starts engines. thumbs-up.gif

I hope BIS will fix this in the patch.

I thought you were a good pilot untill you ejected and let your Harrier worth millions going for a dive into the sea sad_o.gif .

But still very nice , great feeling. tounge2.gif

I likeeee smile_o.gif

Besides, I'd like to see a funnel for gun sight and CCIP pipper for free fall bombs. tounge2.gif

I thought you were a good pilot untill you ejected and let your Harrier worth millions going for a dive into the sea sad_o.gif .

But still very nice , great feeling. tounge2.gif

I likeeee smile_o.gif

It's not the first time it's happened!

I was there when it happened, the sort of thing that makes you rub your eyes in disbelief.

I re-encoded 500MB Harrier video with XVID.

The size has become small though the quality a bit decreased.

uTw Harrier Video

Well, looking at that video I know already what needs to be modded smile_o.gif Ejection seat + steerable airfoil chutes for pilots and then change normal unsteerable chutes into round ones... Along with "realistic parachutes" gameObject option.

The sound needs to be modded. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Theres plenty of good sounds for Lock On: Modern Air Combat, perhaps one of those will do.

Well, looking at that video I know already what needs to be modded smile_o.gif Ejection seat + steerable airfoil chutes for pilots and then change normal unsteerable chutes into round ones... Along with "realistic parachutes" gameObject option.

Agreed, it seems odd that BI would include models for "steerable" 'chutes (as sometimes used by SF and whatnot) but then not make them steerable AND kit the entire West (US) side with them when paratroops still use the round 'chute. Almost as if they took BF2 as reference material confused_o.gif