Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.5 ... Full Pack

Okay heres the screenshots of what i mean not being able to use the dkm mi-28.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3566/proofzp3.jpg (in the game)

and here is what my res/addons folder has (if ure wondering what config file that is for its for hawks modified c130 and not the dkm mi-28 havoc) :

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9913/proof2xi3.jpg

You really should use mod folders.

Hey TB, I'm loving the 2.5 update, thanks and job well done yet again.  Just wanted to ask one little question about the groups tab.  For US mechanized infantry, the squad depolys with a M113 APC.  Not sure if this is intentional, but a M2 Bradley would be a better choice.  M113's, as far as I have seen, are really only used by combat engineer units today.  (Too bad there isn't a Stryker addon out there.  That would have made a nice addition to the mod.) Not a big issue at all (esspecially with the editable config), but just figured I would mention it.

EDIT: Oh and for some strange reason if I go to the editor and put in a group of Russian GRU Spetsnaz, then try to click on the unit to edit him so he is the player, the unit changes to the regular rifleman in the scroll menu. All it does is require you to go through the menu and select the proper unit, so again its nothing huge, but I thought that I would report it. Other groups might have the same issue, haven't tested the whole mod out yet.

Quote[/b] ]Please tell what and how to change to get the FOV used in 2.0.

1- Open your 'editable config' (light effects or all effects) .cpp

2- Search for (CTRL + F) class man:land

3- Find :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fov=0.85;

minFov=0.42;

maxFov=0.85;

located between:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">maxGunTurnAI=30;

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">microMimics="Micro";

and replace'em by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fov=1.0;

minFov=1.0;

maxFov=1.0;

4- Convert and replace the previous \ffur2006\bin\config.bin by the new one.

------------------------------------------------------------

Quote[/b] ]When playing the "Battlefields" mission, the East sniper didn't have any textures and was all white (which definitely made it easier for me to see him)

I know about it as well as I'm aware of almost of all the bugs that have been reported thus far and all of these bugs that got safely through the previous Beta-Tests will be taken out with the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]Have not dl yet but would like to say thank you to Thunderbird and FFUR team for all efforts and trouble.

You are the welcome.

Quote[/b] ].50 cal on HMMV West, on tripod also, not making any firing sounds. I'm wondering if the old early FFUR sounds missing from the .50cals might by chance have been overlooked again.

They work so far good here, make sure you are running FFUR with a clean version of OFP, otherwise transfer your "extra" addons into a dedicated "@mod" folder.

Quote[/b] ]As noted earlier, unable to traverse stairs in any buildings, etc. Also, on the CWC Training mission very near the start, unable to go up the 'ramp' for the obstacle course. Also, navigating the zig-zag there is not quite workable either

This is certainly due to the fact that some objects have been randomly put on the island, just put back your BIS islands if you feel that disturbed.

Quote[/b] ]West Sniper Ghillie has some missing texture in one of its model settings. Noticed it from the front on a laying down sniper from abouts 100 meters.

A screenshot would be greatly appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]M113 with .50cal has some sort of weight value missing or too low. On more than one mission now where tanks bounced into eachother... the M113, with M2Browning pintle mount, was sent flying clear across the screen. In one case at Regina it flew about 150 meters from a bounce'in to a M1A1. It only stopped because it hit the trees in the forest. Landed completely upright, no flipping during this issue but the crew was dead on tree impact

This even tends to happen with the default Operation Flashpoint, probably an engine limitation which I hope it has been fixed with ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]The new bloodspots are much more 'effective'. And, reduce the lag due to these alone as well. Do these sprites disappear over time or do they remain?

They remain.

Quote[/b] ]Muzzleflash... I can't think of one weapon that currently has any anymore. Tank and APC cannon make 'muzzleflame' but, this is no longer a 'flash' as would be seen in night exercises and is so subdued that at times is an oddity to watch them actually fire this matchstick cannon of theirs.

As previously stated, these effects have been disabled in order to increase the framerate level in game, they would be re-enabled again for the incoming "all effects config".

Quote[/b] ]Bullet dispersion on tanks: The .50's and Coax .30's have a pretty incredible dispersion on the T55. Is this similar with all other tanks as well?

Due to the fact that OFP tanks can quite easily spot infantry units, we have decided to increase their machine guns dispersion values with the goal to make combat longer and more interesting.

Quote[/b] ] Browning and APS [only two I've gotten to play with yet] have a bullet impact point at 10 meters of somewhere in the middle of the gun's body. No where near the top of the post on the ironsights

Indeed, this has been added to the bug fixes list as well.

Quote[/b] ]I remember looking down the Aimpoint and don't remember seeing any bit of the Ironsights when I did. Same with ACOG, just too much ironsight in the sightwindow.

I second that, although being unrealistic, this provides a kind feeling to the gameplay aspect imho and we should keep in mind that we have to balance between realism and gameplay in order to avoid breaking BIS missions.

Quote[/b] ]Odd 'super leadfoot' clutch noise from M113's. Dunno about other APCs or MBTs. Not had time to see them in action ingame. Its a very loud singularly repetitive sound from M113's as they maneuver about.

I must admit that there's a kind of SFX glitch with the M113 (Just spotted it now after a few minutes of tests in-game)

-> Added to the bug fixes list.

Quote[/b] ]Voices ingame. Soldiers chatting randomly, sending a 'challenge' greeting to contacts they've met but not identified, "Who goes there?

As said in the previous FFUR threads, this feature has already been incorproated to the FFUR 5.0 BETA but we got ride of it because of some AI issues, including a decent "voices feature" a-la ECP isn't quite possible right now because of huge lack of time that several of us experience, unless we can put our hands on an uncondensed version of ECP, which might make things easy to handle.

Quote[/b] ]I have to close OFP and re-run it to play again. Is there a sound issue with the rockets, perhaps?

They work correctly here.

Quote[/b] ]i want to know the title of six tracks in the music pbo and the main screen music;

Almost all of FFUR tracks have been extracted from war or patriotic movies, if you would like to get'em then open your ffur2006\dta\music.pbo and convert the .ogg files to .wav with a decent audio tool (Audacity is not bad at all).

Quote[/b] ]Okay heres the screenshots of what i mean not being able to use the dkm mi-28.

How can you properly run a mod with such an amount of addons?

As stated above, your should carry out mod folders, that would make things much more easy to handle.

Quote[/b] ]Since installing 2.5 my ded-server crashes with an OFPR_Server has generated errors message.

We actually have a dedicated server (kindly offered by -GOL- clan), that will allow us to carry out very deep tests and to adjust some aspects of the Mod for the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]For US mechanized infantry, the squad depolys with a M113 APC. Not sure if this is intentional, but a M2 Bradley would be a better choice.

Indeed, but this might break missions using M113 with troops, because the Bradley can carry 7 troops unlike the M113, which actually can carry 8 troops.

By the way, the patch has been slightly delayed due to the numerous changes that have to be carried out and to the lack of time I'm currently experiencing (real life duties...), thank you for your understanding, patience and support!

Regards,

Thunderbird

till version 3.0... that probably will have its own bugs and so on...no offence Tb i aprecciate your work sincerely , but i really think it would be nice to have all the bugs fixed, at least the bigger ones , and then improve the mod with better models etc anyway it's your mod and i will impatiently wait because ffur deserves it by far wink_o.gif

@thunderbird84

thanks for replying concerning how to  change the FOV. I understand how to do it. But I've got problems with binarizing the modified config. What tool do you use. I tried the CPPtoBIN tool but it does give errors.

The exact error is: Error on property - Man: Land - CfgVehicles

I exactly changed the values you told me, nothing else. But get this error when attempting to binarize it.

Please help!

EDIT:

I solved the problem with binarizing! Somehow the editable config.cpp is corrupt. I debinarized the config.bin with Binview and changed the values and binarized with CPP2BIN again. BUT! No changes in game concerning the FOV!!

Maybe I'm wrong. But what I try to do, is to change the viewdistance from the rifle to the face of the player. So that you see more the arms and the rifle. The arms and the rifle are more forward than in 2.5. Like it was in 2.0. Is that achieved by changing the FOV?

and here is what my res/addons folder has (if ure wondering what config file that is for its for hawks modified c130 and not the dkm mi-28 havoc) :

I use mod folders and its not showing up in mine either...nor the rh-66 commanche?...all other DKM helos show including the wrecked Mi-28,but not the mi-28 itself??? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I remember looking down the Aimpoint and don't remember seeing any bit of the Ironsights when I did. Same with ACOG, just too much ironsight in the sightwindow.

I second that, although being unrealistic, this provides a kind feeling to the gameplay aspect imho and we should keep in mind that we have to balance between realism and gameplay in order to avoid breaking BIS missions.

That's not true at all. Your CCO (Aimpoint) is zeroed by putting the dot on the front sight post, and then adjusting it up down, right left accordingly. It's totally realistic to have it like it is now. Same goes for the acog.

Wow Mehman, you really explained it. icon_rolleyes.gif   Now I understand the issue, everything was written over with different songs using the same names so the game engine would be such a PITA to deal with. Sorry x125, I was a tad confused. But Mehman, if you're going to correct someone, at least give the right answer.

Sorry for my harsh reactment, I was really grumpy and I just wanted to tell that FFUR has a different soundtrack than original OFP.

My apologies again.

I use mod folders and its not showing up in mine either...nor the rh-66 commanche?...all other DKM helos show including the wrecked Mi-28,but not the mi-28 itself??? crazy_o.gif

well ill be damned... i got the same problem... didnt really test it before i read this post but the commanche doesnt even show up like u sayd...

im certain that it did appear in 2.0

i took out many enemy s with the commanche...

but the airwolf mod still is visible! (not that i tried it though smile_o.gif)

another bug: player cannot climb stairs in the houses.

it's not a problem icer_jag... I've updated the list with the new title (the main screen one).

and thanks to MAA3057 forr the name of the group, i've listened to all the songs.... really cool (the best one for soundtracks is still morricone).

I thought I was the only one with the DKM Air problems but looks like it isnt true. Its definitely a FFUR problem band.gif

edit:sorry for the double post it didnt show my post when i clicked refresh (dam IE).

Quote[/b] ]I thought I was the only one with the DKM Air problems but looks like it isnt true. Its definitely a FFUR problem

Then simply run it with your OFP vanilla, you can live with that, though.

Quote[/b] ]another bug: player cannot climb stairs in the houses.

Get a look at my previous post, and if you read the whole thread, you might notice that this has already been posted more than once ;-)

Quote[/b] ]That's not true at all. Your CCO (Aimpoint) is zeroed by putting the dot on the front sight post, and then adjusting it up down, right left accordingly.

It just depends on the way you put your scope in front of your aiming eye as well as it depends on how you use your riffle, things tend to be different for each army too imho.

regards,

Thunderbird

Im just gonna have to wait for you to release the patch and then look into the problem. tounge2.gif

It's cool Mehman, grump happens ^_^

It's strange, my sound just dies whenever the helos start firing, or sometimes during combat that includes BMPs.

another bug: player cannot climb stairs in the houses.

PLease read the previous pages, that has been said many time i think.

P.S Tb is it possible this time to have only a patch and not a completely new reworked ffur? That would save you alots of times.

It's strange, my sound just dies whenever the helos start firing, or sometimes during combat that includes BMPs.

You wouldn't happen to have a SBLive! soundcard would you? Only, I had a very similar problem a while ago: Whenever a lot of loud, repetitive sounds occurred, such as a Vulcan, Shilka, Apache, Hind or Cobra firing (all armed with high ROF cannon), my sound would get scratchy, then cut out completely, and a few seconds later, I'd suffer a blue screen system crash.

@thunderbird84

thanks for replying concerning how to  change the FOV. I understand how to do it. But I've got problems with binarizing the modified config. What tool do you use. I tried the CPPtoBIN tool but it does give errors.

The exact error is: Error on property - Man: Land - CfgVehicles

I exactly changed the values you told me, nothing else. But get this error when attempting to binarize it.

Please help!

EDIT:

I solved the problem with binarizing! Somehow the editable config.cpp is corrupt. I debinarized the config.bin  with Binview and changed the values and binarized with CPP2BIN again. BUT! No changes in game concerning the FOV!!

Maybe I'm wrong. But what I try to do, is to change the viewdistance from the rifle to the face of the player. So that you see more the arms and the rifle. The arms and the rifle are more forward than in 2.5. Like it was in 2.0. Is that achieved by changing the FOV?

Seems that you thunderbird84 overlooked my post. Please help! I'm stuck.

If you want the more zoomed out FOV, as it used to be, find the values of the FOV from the old one, and replace the new one, save it, and CCP 2 BIN.

If you want the more zoomed out FOV, as it used to be, find the values of the FOV from the old one, and replace the new one, save it, and CCP 2 BIN.

It doesn't work.

But I found the solution. It is described in Avon Lady's FAQ.

You have to change the FOV values in the Userconfig. Not in the config that comes with FFUR.

Thunderbird84 don't bother anymore about this.

Yes, I have an SBLive! But it's never done this before. If I fly a helo, it cuts out for a moment, but that's it. This time, when I'm on the ground, it wipes it completely.

It doesn't work.

You have to change the FOV values in the Userconfig. Not in the config that comes with FFUR.

Thunderbird84 don't bother anymore about this.

Sorry for bothering again. But changing the userconfig fov values not only affects fov ingame but ALSO the GUI. Means that in the mission book I can't read all text because it's smaller now.

Please thunderbird84 tell how you changed the fov of the player in 1st person perspective without changing the fov of the GUI.

Quote[/b] ]It doesn't work.

I'm actually not at home and providing constantly answers to people's questions isn't that easy because of the lack of time, otherwise I would have done the config for you, anyways, I'm afraid you haven't done things correctly, I repeat again:

-1 Open your \ffur2006\bin\light effects config\editable config\config.cpp

-2 Find class man: land and a few lines later you should find 3 fov values, just set all of them as 1.0

-3 Binarize your config with cpp2bin or binview

-4 Finally replace your \ffur2006\bin\config.bin by yours and everything would work as it should.

Quote[/b] ]but that's it. This time, when I'm on the ground, it wipes it completely.

I experienced the same issue with my previous sound card, as Shashman stated above, it is not related to FFUR, give it a try with CSLA or another mod's MGs and you would get the same problem again, maybe you should update your sound card driver.

Quote[/b] ]Tb is it possible this time to have only a patch and not a completely new reworked ffur? That would save you alots of times.

Why would there be a "new reworked ffur"?

I'm quite satisfied with the actual mod so far and of course, the incoming patch would just take out all the bugs that have been spotted and reported thus far (with the addition of Shadow Nx new russian soldiers). ;-)

Regards,

Thunderbird

@thunderbird84

First thanks for replying.

You won't believe it but I've done again exact the steps you described and it doesn't work.

1. The FOV in game didn't change at all. Yes you read it right.

I changed the values even to 2.5 - with no effect.

2. When attempting to open the config in cpp format with BinView after 30% I get the error message Unexpected character read.

So I resume that wether the editable configs in the ffur2006/bin folder are somehow corrupt or it is not the fov values under class man land. Or I'm using the wrong tools. I'm working with CoC's Binview 1.0 and Amalfi's CPP2BIN 1.2.