Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.5 ... Full Pack

unfortunately one sometimes two grenades are not enough to kill him... sad_o.gif

I reinstalled Mr.Burn's Island Pack, and still, no Everon or Malden in my island list.. WTH, I've never seen anything like this before and I've been using FFUR and the hi-res island pack since day one  crazy_o.gif

/EDIT : I think I've narrowed it down to something to do with the SLX mod. When I launch a mission which is set on Everon or Malden, I get this error message;

Quote[/b] ]

Cannot load world 'slx_grass_cwc_islands\abel.wrp'

Quote[/b] ]I think I've narrowed it down to something to do with the SLX mod. When I launch a mission which is set on Everon or Malden, I get this error message;

This is due to the fact that you use the SLX modified version of the \ffur2006\config.bin, which tends to cause some errors if the ffur2006 or CSLA... isn't simultaneously used with SLX.

Quote[/b] ]The bug with the immortal MG (M2, Dshk) gunners is etcreally annoying. I hope thunderbird, you will fix this as soon as possible.

Get a look at the list of changes below ;-)

Quote[/b] ]When I run FFUR 2K6 it seems to run about 1.5x faster than vanilla OFP. I checked the time settings and its on 1.0x but the game is running on overdrive. Is there a fix?

Heh, the FFUR 2006 2.5 is just smoother than any of the FFUR packs carried out thus far, and hopefully it would get better with the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]

What units are able to swim and what units don't?

All 'humans' can swim with the 2.5 version.

Quote[/b] ]The reason is that I've already installed FFUR's pack (excellent btw) and I'd like to know what I'd gain by installing the new AEC pack?

FFUR Islands collection is somehow outdated and doesn't use Berghoff new trees or Symbiot High def roads textures, unlike the AEC pack which includes' em.

By the way, the next upcoming patch 2.9.9 would feature the following :

Bug Fixes

-Fixed the multiplayer compatibility issue, an aspect of the mod which would undergone very intensive tests. (Thanks to the GOL clan for the server they have especially set up for this purpose).

-Fixed numerous bugs again, including all of those which have been reported thus far:

*Russian sniper missing textures

*M4A1 renamed M4

*Reworked the invulnerable NSV

*The mortar bug that appears at the 3rd view.

*Fixed the units which always turn to "rifleman" in the groups section.

Changes and improvements

-New russian infantry models based on RHS troops, now russian ground squads are composed of random camos and gear (VSR & Flora), the new camouflages we have selected between all those which have been carried out thus far, are probably the most authentic camos (No more "shiny" or "too" clean camos).

(Thanks to the RHS mod and to Shadow Nx for his support).

-New Tanks and APCs tracers, friendly cpu and very authentic, an enhanced version based on "Invasion 44" Mod tracers (Thanks to the INV44 Mod and especially to MSMS_KDXer)

-Enhanced the distance the AI can see you and attack your position.

-Removed the 'full effects config' because it was too laggy and put instead of it the "light" config, by setting it as the default one then included a "very light config" intended to low systems < 1.0 GHz which is exclusively based on model replacements.

-Changed the RPK-74 magazine to 45 rounds instead of 75 to make it fit with the weapon's magazine.

The SLX mod inspired me to update and improve several of the actual effects and Solus has kindly allowed us to edit or incorporate his features:

-New flame, smoke and impact textures, which bring to the current FFUR effects a new blow, by making'em look more realistic and authentic. (Friendly cpu)

-With Solus cooperation, the incoming FFUR 2.9.9 pach would be completely compatible with the last version of the SLX Mod.

Thank you for your patience and kind words. :-)

Regards

Thunderbird

Quote[/b] ]With Solus cooperation, the incoming FFUR 2.9.9 pach would be completely compatible with the SLX Mod

that's great ! smile_o.gif

Thunderbird84,

Did you read my previous post. It had some questions & bug reports. Please give it a look.

Also, I remember That you said, the new acu model were going to apear with or without kneepads & other things to make them look more varied. I didn't notice that ingame.

Great news on the patch!!! thumbs-up.gif

@thunderbird

Great to hear of the improvements and changes that have been implemented for the next upcoming patch. I was looking through several pages recently following the 2.5 release and didn't see what I was looking for so I will ask this question. Is the bug fix that causes the MG animations (when using CBT's HUMMVs) included in the next patch? Thanks

Well I tried yesterday swimming with LSR units on freya island and I drowned during a mission.

So somehow some units don't swim! sad_o.gif

The cooperation with Solus is fantastic!!

Also, I remember That you said, the new acu model were going to apear with or without kneepads & other things to make them look more varied. I didn't notice that ingame.

If people want to complained about the soldiers it will take another 3-4 month just for a patch. Please leave the model like they are, they are already great. The bugs are more important wink_o.gif Imo

Quote[/b] ]Also, I remember That you said, the new acu model were going to apear with or without kneepads & other things to make them look more varied. I didn't notice that ingame.

Indeed,

That hasen't been done because the kneepads models we included didn't fit at all with the regular troops, so we removed them completely and kept the soldiers models without kneepads.

Quote[/b] ]Chinook - this chopper has a serious bug since version 2.0 of the mod. Soldiers in cargo positions dont open their parachutes when ejecting & fall to make nice bloodsplats.

-------------------------------------------------------

Stairs - the bug already reported of going up stairs (nothing serious) only happens to the new models of west ACU/BDU units that you created. The spec-ops & other soldiers that use the same legs have this problem, but not snipers & pilots, since they have other legs...maybe that's the problem.

AK snipers - this still hapens but is hard to notice it, but if you play in the intro island you will notice it (anyway it doesent bother me, just reporting it)

Also could you add the old big-o explotion from the fuel stations to the all efects config? (it was beautiful)

The gameplay is quite well balanced now and there is no "AK-sniper" anymore from what I have tested so far due to the changes that have been carried out in term of AI's, maybe you just got a kind of lack of luck and faced a skilled soldier :-p, give it a try once again, especially in mission.

I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done for the "stairs bug", though, because the models are actually binarized and we unfortunately lost the MLODs, converting'em again to MLOD with odol explorer kills several LODs and make the models look crap in-game, you have to live with this bug, fortunately it is not that major a problem and doesn't make crash your game or something.

Concerning the Chinook issue, I will give it a try again with the hope to see what's going wrong.

By the way, the big'n huge explosion Fx has been completely taken out because of the lag it causes in some missions, but I'd edit the readme to include a kind of little tut.

Quote[/b] ]Well I tried yesterday swimming with LSR units on freya island and I drowned during a mission.

I meant, all the units already included in FFUR can swim,

If you wish to include this feature to external infantry addons (using FFUR as well), then follow these instructions step after step:

1- Unpbo the "wanted" infantry addon and open its config.cpp

2- Find the main class the addon is derived from, unless if it is already defined in the main config, or just find the "class" of the unit you want make swim and add to its "class eventhandlers":

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_this exec {\ffur_anims\Swim.sqs}"; in the init=, and if it doesn't get any class eventhandlers then add the following lines in the bottom of the "wanted" class:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec {\ffur_anims\Swim.sqs}";

};

The same goes to the "class animations", if your "wanted" class has already a defined "class animations" then just add somewhere between

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{ and };

the following lines

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class swiming_Switch

{

type = "rotation";

animPeriod = 0.02;

selection = "switch4";

axis = "osa_switch4";

angle0 = 0;

angle1 = 0.5;

};

If your "unit" class doesn't have any class animation then add:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Animations

{

class swiming_Switch

{

type = "rotation";

animPeriod = 0.02;

selection = "switch4";

axis = "osa_switch4";

angle0 = 0;

angle1 = 0.5;

};

};

Quote[/b] ]Is the bug fix that causes the MG animations (when using CBT's HUMMVs) included in the next patch

As previously stated, this is not really a bug, this is due to the fact that jeeps in FFUR are replaced by Hummers which require specific animations that replace BIS jeep anims (that are needed to make work correctly some "extra addons"), so when an "extra" class is derived from "class jeep or class jeepmg" , the animations look somehow weird, actually the only way to get things work as they should, is to set up BIS jeep animations (cargoAction, gunneraction...etc) in your "extra vehicle" class again, a detailed explanation has been published a while ago in the previous FFUR thread if you're interested.

Regards,

Thunderbird

@Kroky

Quote[/b] ]So somehow some units don't swim!

Like most unit specific effects in the FFUR2006 mod I'm pretty sure the swimming ability is only limited to FFUR units, i.e. Russian, Resistance, and US units. For example I'm sure won't find the FFUR flame effects when using some or third party addons.

Sorry but I don't get the point of this request,

If there is something wrong with DKM addons then point it out in the appropriate thread if you don't mind,

If you mean the fact that DKM commanche doesn't appear under the FFUR 2006 editor, then I'm afraid there is nothing I can do right now, just keep trying it out with your OFP vanilla.

Regards,

Thunderbird

Weird,

This is the first time in 2 years that I hear about such a bug, heh..

well, make sure you close all programs before you run FFUR, and make sure you run it with a clean version of OFP (that uses dedicated mod folders for "extra addons").

I'm afraid there is nothing more I could tell you about it than that. :-(

-------------------Edit--------------------

Quote[/b] ]EDIT : Nevermind, it not relevant to FFUR, seems to be an OFP bug.

Glad to hear about it. :-)

Regards,

Thunderbird

Thanks for the info Thunderbird84.

And people, I wasn't complaining! Just wanted to know what happened. I've always been happy with his decitions (except for that explotion )  wink_o.gif

EDIT: Just spotted a weir bug, Phisics became totally weird

Try throwing hand grenades at cars to se them fly away at lightning speed and enormous speed. Also this makes really fun walking inside the huge sea ship, you barely touch a wall & it starts moving.(looks like the titanic sinking). But this makes really useful for pushig boats back to the sea! rofl.gif

about the swimming thing...

ifu are injured in ure legs and u cant walk u cant swim either don't know if its a bug or intentional its still very annoying :/

Thunderbird would it be possible for me to remove the FFUR vehicle and unit pbos and still be able to run ffur with sound and the main menu and music because im thinking that if i do that then it will or might help me fix the dkm problem of the air units not showing up.

@thunderbird

My mistake, I didn't read far back enough thanks for the headsup. smile_o.gif Next patch sounds great since I'm not running a high end computer, plus with the numerous amount of effects from FFUR and now the combined SLX modification I think most of us will be plenty occupied. Thanks

universal, for an alleged genius you aren't too bright. ever heard of trial and error? TRY before asking a million things. if using that addon is such a big deal to you, use OFP with NO ADDONS, as has been stated millions of times, it appears

universal, for an alleged genius you aren't too bright. ever heard of trial and error? TRY before asking a million things. if using that addon is such a big deal to you, use OFP with NO ADDONS, as has been stated millions of times, it appears

I couldnt agree any more. Considering all addons work, and that youre desperate enough for these Commanches to the point that you have asked about 5 times for something that you have been quite clearly told cant be done, try looking at the DKM Config, its obviously something wrong with it, as all other OFP addons work fine...

The AK-74 firing sounds kind of wierd, not realistic in my opinion. Same goes for the M-4 auto firing. Can we change it back to the old sounds of 2.0??

The AK-74 firing sounds kind of wierd, not realistic in my opinion. Same goes for the M-4 auto firing. Can we change it back to the old sounds of 2.0??

Yeah, old sounds were much more realistic especially for AK.

Due to the fact the forums were screwed, the last news (including the shots files) have been completely deleted, so here's the list of the incoming patch's main features again:

-Update of the US models and new US Sniper model (Ghillie Suite), thanks to the Codeblue Mod.

-Complete Update of the russian infantry models, new models based on RHS human models (excluding the heads which remain BIS ones), the new russian motorized troops will exclusively use the vsr camo, which is today, the most common camo in the russian army.

-New and very realistic sounds, inspired from Codeblue unreleased firearms SFX (AK series, PK and SVD), these new sounds provide a new feeling to the gameplay and make combat more immersive, here is the PK sample.

-Enhanced the distance the AI can see you and attack your position.

Several bug fixes and enhancements, a detailed list would be published at the release of the upcoming patch.

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Regards,

Thunderbird