Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.5 ... Full Pack

That sounds good as I'm not a big fan of the FP ACU but if you use HYK's troops they need to be lightened a little bit - they seem a little grey right now.

The FP ACUs are my favorite. HYK ACUs weren't the best, but everything else in the pack was.

This might have been answered before but I'ma little in the dark. How does this modification relate to that made by WGL and the other realism modifications? I assume they're not compatible as they would conflict?

So I can choose to run one or another depending upon personal choice is that correct?

You can have as manyas you wish however only one can be ran at a time like you said.

FFUR is slightly different over WGL. This replaces default units so when you play a normal BIS mission you would get the units in this mod instead. The mod still has realism effects but not quite so many as WGL.

Download and try it.

How is the patch shaping up TB? its been quite silent.

mods used only FFUR clean install, so it is caused by ffur

it's the Ural wreck , something is wrong with it

crazy_o.gif i think it hasn't been reported before

dibujofo1.jpg

mods used  only FFUR clean install, so it is caused by ffur

it's the Ural wreck , something is wrong with it

crazy_o.gif i think it hasn't been reported before

dibujofo1.jpg

has been eported and fixed check few pages back wink_o.gif

i was the first to notice smile_o.gif (i think)

Sorry for the kind of late reply, I’ve been extremely busy the last couple of days.

No worries about the patch, it is today almost totally complete and should be released as soon as I get back home, and as previously stated, all of the bugs that have been reported are fixed.

Thank you for your understanding, kind words and for your support.

Regards,

Thunderbird

there always woun't be enough words to say what a grate job you, FFUR team, have done giving new life for OFP.

I think you knew that long long before... when it even didn't smelled arm'ish( - armed assault) smile_o.gif

just a little bit more waiting and i'll be having a CORRECT fun with ffur again biggrin_o.gif

oh, yeah, you too guys wink_o.gif

Awesome mod, I'm not a particular fan of ACU, but the ACU units in this mod are awesome and they don't stand out which is good. On a side note, the AI settings are just right, you don't have to worry about >300m first shot kills from the average soldier. I've started playing the original campaign again, and it is a lot of fun with this mod, keep up the good work.

Ok, maybe the >300m first shot kills is still a problem, but it looks like that's being taken care of. Are the satchels going to still have the ticking sound?

Quote[/b] ]say, is there a different tree/vegetation replacement pack I can use with FFUR? I'm finding the collision detection of the Berghoff bushes trees to be extremely annoying... I'll stand about a meter to the side of the bush and the AT4 will blow up in my face. And if I'm hiding behind a bush, I have to run into the open to shoot back or else I'll end up hitting an invisible part of the bush

Try checking you have the latest version of Nature Pack 3.0 i beleive there was a problem like that but was fixed later on.

I cant say i ever experienced rockets hiting me but i couldnt shoot throuh them and now thats fixed. So maybe could fix your problem too.

If not there is the Nogova vegetation replcement. IIRC it was done by WGL - think Q released it. What it does is replace the current trees with vegetation from Nogova. And with Berghoffs Nogova texture replacement (relaces textures on nogova trees) you can get a nice vegetation pack.

I'm using modern_aec030906.exe which I believe to be the most up to date. In this version, the trees seem to change shape a little too much, it is really noticeable, which sounds like a problem in the previous version. Is this the most up to date pack?

Has anyone else tested this with the Battlefield series of largescale MP gameplay or the CTI various series?

I'm trying to debug the 'no .50 sounds' but, have run into a roablock. When I seperate the various addons from the 'base' addons as Bigrooney pointed out to me the CTI's fail to run. It errors out on clicking 'start' for the map and crashes OFP to the desktop. When I put all the addons back into the OFP Addons directory, it runs fine just no .50 cal. sounds from emplacements or tanks using the .50 cal.

Yes, this is odd soundglitch behavior. I'm still trying to run it down.

Wook [iDGN]

folks why is it so quiet here?

did this mod die or did everybody just loose interest in this mod? (exept wook since he posted last wink_o.gif)

any more news available?

The Mod is not dead.

Tbird has very little time for OFP, there are no new posts from him because there is nothing to report, All known bugs are fixed, the new ACU units have been added and all the other small changes listed above are implemented. I think the new patch will be release about 2 weeks after Tbird gets home.

folks why is it so quiet here?

Perhaps people are quiet because there is nothing be said. Im sure if there was something to be said about it, it would have/will be said. wink_o.gif

TB must be not home yet to finish, been wondering about this.

I think once TB gets this mod going for arma, that if there ever needed to be patching to make it small changes at a time, not an overhaul.

Please everyone Delete your "ffur2006" folder, the upcoming pack is nearing completion and it would get the FFUR 2007 1.0 as name instead of ffur 2006 2.9.9 due the amount of changes and enhancements that have been carried out and 2007 is soon to be upon us.

Concerning the current status of the mod, the Multiplayer tests supervised by Lt.Chris have been accomplished and the pack should be online quite soon, just the time to carry out some minor changes here and there, a new readme, an installer and to upload the .exe file.

Thank you for your patience and support, FFUR isn't dead.

wink_o.gif

Regards,

Thunderbird

Delete the ffur 2006huh.gif Are you crazy? tounge2.gif When the 2007 come ok but no before. I want to play ofp the next days...

Great news

Sounding good TB, FFUR 2007....I thought we'd be waiting for ArmA for that one! xmas_o.gif

Check out TB84's post on about page 24 where he lists the mods features. My understanding of it is that it incorporates alot of SLX's features into FFUR so you dont need to run SLX with FFUR.