Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.5 ... Full Pack

who wants to make a bet that the patch will b released in 6 months? confused_o.gif

And you can release it in ... two days ?

He's wasting his time in this plz dont do that kind of comments

Keep the good work TB

yay.gif

well he keeps saying its coming really soon in a couple days and months go by. TBs work is really great dont get me wrong just i feel impatient waiting for the final product without no bugs like the sniper that has no textures is a really big issue that i have in the latest release

well he keeps saying its coming really soon in a couple days and months go by.  TBs work is really great dont get me wrong just i feel impatient waiting for the final product without no bugs like the sniper that has no textures is a really big issue that i have in the latest release

I for my part  just hope this time TB release a patch and not another FFur.

I wonder why but tb is already changing the way the russian models look like. Why? Thats what cause the long delay. They were great in 1.0 2.0 and 2.5. Not satisfied with them already? lol

as far as the east units go, he's just incorporating the new RHS models, it's not that big of a deal. It's his mod, and he'll release it when he pleases, you should be grateful that he takes the time to do such a thing. luckily for me here in the US, my copy of armed assault will be here around the 3rd of december, and i will be happy to say goodbye to flashpoint, and editing things, at least for a little while wink_o.gif

A question TB, are you going to implement the SLX pack inside your mod? I know there is a FFUR config in SLX but not all the effects are working in FFUR. For example, opening doors on BMP and the supersonic "crack" sounds, which doen't work on all weapons in FFUR. (And yes I wrote @slx;ffur2006) Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]A question TB, are you going to implement the SLX pack inside your mod? I know there is a FFUR config in SLX but not all the effects are working in FFUR. For example, opening doors on BMP and the supersonic "crack" sounds, which doen't work on all weapons in FFUR. (And yes I wrote @slx;ffur2006) Thanks.

Opening doors feature does need an additional 3D work, furthermore, permissions to edit all of the vehicles would be required before carrying out these changes as well.

Moreover, almost all of the vehicles included in FFUR are ODOL 3D files and converting'em to MLOD might screw the models.

As already stated, with Solus cooperation and support, we would do our best in order to make the incoming patch the most compatible possible with SLX.

Anyways, no worries about the delay of the upcoming patch, it wouldn't need that much of time, just some fixes here and there, and you would get the "Ultimate" FFUR Total conversion pack.

smile_o.gif

regards,

Thunderbird

-New and very realistic sounds, inspired from Codeblue unreleased firearms SFX (AK series, PK and SVD), these new sounds provide a new feeling to the gameplay and make combat more immersive, here is the PK sample.

In this video you get good AK74/SVD/GP-30 sound examples.

And in this one here, you hear how a PK really sounds. Your sound is much too muffled. It sounds like you would shoot a .50_caliber from inside a tank.

M203 footage and good sound examples for it as well.

You also see that the weapons don't have a huge muzzle flash like in OFP. Maybe you can edit them too? Anyway, good job on the Patch. I really like FFUR!

Quote[/b] ]And in this one here, you hear how a PK really sounds. Your sound is much too muffled.

How it "REALLY" sounds... off of a $2 microphone on a $250 camcorder. Sounds like crinkle crinkle to me. Its sounds way too tinny. Neither recording is perfect. One is obviously recorded closer to the source than the other. That's part of the problem with the ofp sound system. The sound from someone firing a weapon is different depending on your proximity to the weapon. Its a limitation that can't be overcome in OFP.

I like TB's recording better because it covers more of the sound spectrum and sounds better from a being "fired at or next to" standpoint, whereas your video only seems to cover the upper frequencies.

luckily for me here in the US, my copy of armed assault will be here around the 3rd of december, and i will be happy to say goodbye to flashpoint, and editing things, at least for a little while wink_o.gif

I heard that arma is delayed for another 4-5 month in north america. Must be false i hope.

Quote[/b] ]And in this one here, you hear how a PK really sounds. Your sound is much too muffled.

How it "REALLY" sounds... off of a $2 microphone on a $250 camcorder.   Sounds like crinkle crinkle to me.  Its sounds way too tinny.  Neither recording is perfect.  One is obviously recorded closer to the source than the other.  That's part of the problem with the ofp sound system.  The sound from someone firing a weapon is different depending on your proximity to the weapon.  Its a limitation that can't be overcome in OFP.  

I like TB's recording better because it covers more of the sound spectrum and sounds better from a being "fired at or next to" standpoint, whereas your video only seems to cover the upper frequencies.

Never heard that guns are so muffled in any video. Maybe I'm wrong (I've never fired a weapon) but I think that the PK sample TB posted comes not even close to the real life sound.

I don't think it this has been reported but does anyone else's grenades send vehicles flying? I threw a grenade at a BMP in the editor on desert island and it went halfway across the map but hardly damages it at all, did I botch my installation up?

I don't think it this has been reported but does anyone else's grenades send vehicles flying? I threw a grenade at a BMP in the editor on desert island and it went halfway across the map but hardly damages it at all, did I botch my installation up?

Been reported already

Yeah I think that the problem may be that the grenades are from the BD Grenade Pack.  Usually you execute a script on the unit with the grenades so that they bounce and then explode at the appropriate time, not right on impact.  TB has been streamlining the mod so the script is gone, but maybe the grenades remain.  The grenades have their wieght somehow altered (im know nothing of modding just repeating what I have read) in order to allow them to bounce (which they wont since they explode on impact in 2.5).  The weight value is extremely high and when throw at a vehicle will send the thing into oribit.  Should be a simple problem to solve.  Hope this adds some background, but correct me if I am wrong.

Just a note about the sound issue. You can usually distinguish a weapon (in real life) by sound, because of the superssonic "crack" sound that it makes. For example: A "crack" from a Galil rifle (which is based on the AKM) will be much sharper and stronger than the one on M16A1. The only mod I've heard to implement this is SLX. (And the slx/ffur config in a way)

Is it possible to extract just the FFUR weapons? My system has issues with FFUR but I lurv the small arms from it, any ideas?

Is it possible to extract just the FFUR weapons? My system has issues with FFUR but I lurv the small arms from it, any ideas?

Use the addons from which they came from. SJB for the American weapons, ORCS and RHS for the Russian and Res weapons. Check the first page for more details

Ahh ok, but they still dont look the same, ie the "optics" view...

Like the M4 ACOG in SJB in optics view has the crosshairs and the rest of the screen blacked out, whereas in FFUR you see the whole scope and have field of view around it too..

it feels like this mod is dieing of piece by piece...

no news, no posts, no nothing... maybe a post here or there..

but if this goes on like this i might just throw ffur into the dustbin..

such a pity... 2.0 was good and 2.5 is being a bit of a pain in the ass here and there...(stairs are almost unclimbable is what i mean)

so if no news or something else comes bye bye FFUR sad_o.gif

Get a look at my last post then, and please keep in mind that some of us have real life duties and that there are more important things in life to focuse on.

I'm trying to make a good use of every free second in order to make things get further forward, but it is not that easy with the lack of time.

Anyways, the patch's coming along nicely, keep patient.

regards,

TB

it feels like this mod is dieing of piece by piece...

no news, no posts, no nothing... maybe a post here or there..

but if this goes on like this i might just throw ffur into the dustbin..

such a pity... 2.0 was good and 2.5 is being a bit of a pain in the ass here and there...(stairs are almost unclimbable is what i mean)

so if no news or something else comes bye bye FFUR sad_o.gif

What? He posted news 4(FOUR) days ago. If you live under a rock it's not his fault. Besides, you have to be a bit patient, as you can see Thunderbird is a very busy man. As said many times before to many people complaining, you should be grateful that he's actually taking the time to do this.

Question to TB, do you know what cause the lag in the all effect config? I remember in 2.0 there was alot of big cool effect without much lag. (with my pc) Just wondering what could cause it right now? Thx

Better answered, who cares... it's his mod, and he will judge and release what he decides is the best balance of looks and performance...there's really no use asking