Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.5 ... Full Pack

Yep, works great, considering the screenshot which bought it up in the discussion is from FFUR tounge2.gif

I noticed that the RPK-74 magazine has 75 rounds, but when you look at the model, the weapon is using what looks to be the standard 45 round magazine RPK gunners are issued. Just thought that I should mention it.

Also, the munitions explosions from destroyed armour are too powerful, they cause damage to the player from quite far away. In contrast, the RPG doesn't do much damage unless it is almost a direct hit.

I actually like this feature, I do agree that the kill-radius has to be decresed abit tho'.

I do not know if this has benn reported but the URAL WRECK has a white sqare in it ! check in the editor ! u put it and theres that square sorounding him ! I'll put a pic later of that thing

when using the rpk-47, if you deploy or raise the bipod while shooting the mag that you are using return full. it give you infite ammo...

Well awesome job on the mod, everything looks great...

but its stuffed my dedicated server.

Since installing 2.5 my ded-server crashes with an OFPR_Server has generated errors message. I uninstalled FFUR and it still crashes. Just vanilla resistence crashes, and it worked just dandy before 2.5 when it was running FFUR 2.0.

So, what files does 2.5 change that are NOT in the ffur2006 folder???

NB: Has anyone actually ran a dedicated internet server with 2.5 yet?

The FFUR 2006 2.5 installer deletes the current ffur2006 folder within your OFP directory, deletes the registry keys it used and removes the uninstaller. Then it makes a new ffur2006 folder and puts all the 2.5 files in it, adds new registry keys and creates an uninstaller in the OFP root, plus a shortcut to the uninstaller within the ffur2006 folder. This is because the uninstaller must also delete itself, so to avoid it deleting itself before it is finished it must be placed in the root folder.

The installer does nothing to any other files within the OFP directory. Everything it does is focussed around the ffur2006 folder.

Quote[/b] ]There is no config entry for the G-36 rifle or ammo

Excluding the model replacement, the new ironsight and the G-36 ammunition value which has been set to 5.56 WGL standards, nothing has been carried out on the G-36, so make sure you are running a clean version of OFP and that you are using "dedicated mod folders" for your "extra addons", because this issue is mainly caused by compatibility issues between addons.

Quote[/b] ]Also, the munitions explosions from destroyed armour are too powerful, they cause damage to the player from quite far away.

Heavy ammunition impacts (including the resulted explosion) cause some serious collateral damage in real life and we have tried to reproduce that in-game by increasing HE ammunitions power, btw, the incoming patch would slightly increase the humans "armor values" because humans are more difficult to kill and they should be wounded more often.

Quote[/b] ]I noticed that the RPK-74 magazine has 75 rounds, but when you look at the model, the weapon is using what looks to be the standard 45 round magazine RPK gunners are issued. Just thought that I should mention it.

Well seen, -> added to the list of bug fixes.

Quote[/b] ]I do not know if this has benn reported but the URAL WRECK has a white sqare in it !

Can't check it out atm but will fix it (in this case).

regards,

Thunderbird

Thanks for all the updates TB.  Your dedication really shows in the quality of your (and your team's) work.  On a side note the RPK-47 uses some strange 75 round stick magazine.  I thought that the only 75 round magazine for 7.62x39mm was a drum, not a stick.  But I guess that is an issue with the creators of the addon itself though.  And since there is a 75 round drum magazine for the RPK-47, it really isnt an issue at all.  I was just curious if anyone knew of such a thing.  It was more of a problem with the RPK-74 because there have only been a few experimental high capacity (well higher than 45 rounds) drum magazines for 5.45x39mm, so I'm glad to see it got on the bug list.  TB you really don't miss a beat on these forums!  Thanks again.

EDIT:  Incase anyone is interested, I found a nice link on 5.45x39mm magazines.  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/ak74_mag_guide.html

2nd EDIT: I did not notice this being reported earlier, but it seems that the resistance pilot is missing textures for his helmet.

Bug: Soldiers disembarking from the BMP appear above the vehicle, rather than from the vehicle. It's as if they are falling from an invisible wormhole 12 feet in the sky.

This may occur in others besides the BMP, but I have seen this bug repeated with the BMP since, I believe, FFUR 2005.

Also, the soldier sitting on the roof of the BMP is constantly penetrated with the gun turrent. When soldiers hitch a ride on the roof of a tank or an armored vehicle the gun turrent should be locked in frontward position.

Yes, I spend time with my BMPs tounge2.gif

I do not know if this has benn reported but the URAL WRECK has a white sqare in it ! check in the editor ! u put it and theres that square sorounding him ! I'll put a pic later of that thing

yes i mentioned it but i dont think anybody noticed smile_o.gif

Thunderbird where are you From and do you play Navyfield?...

saw someone with the same Name there

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Incase anyone is interested, I found a nice link on 5.45x39mm magazines. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/ak74_mag_guide.html

Pretty nice source of informations.

Quote[/b] ] I did not notice this being reported earlier, but it seems that the resistance pilot is missing textures for his helmet.

I will get a look at it as soon as I'd get the chance to put my hands on the stuff again.

Quote[/b] ]Bug: Soldiers disembarking from the BMP appear above the vehicle, rather than from the vehicle. It's as if they are falling from an invisible wormhole 12 feet in the sky.

OFP Engine limitation, soldiers sometimes appear above the BMP when they all simoultaneously disembark, nothing of major consequence, though.

Quote[/b] ]Thunderbird where are you From and do you play Navyfield?...

I'm afraid it's not me, excluding weekends, the lack of time I'm actually experiencing and my real life duties wouldn't allow me to sit in front of my comp and play games, heh. :-p

regards,

Thunderbird

[off-topic]

Zorb I play navyfield. Got myself a Z99 level 29. I used to have a spakhreuzer D40 but it costs too much and its not worth it. Im gonna quit at level 30 cause it costs money.

[off-topic]

thunderbird hows work coming along on the patch ?

Finally got in the forum!!!

Hey Thunderbird, this mod is amazing! Is the most intresting of them all. There are not many games that focus un current war (they keep throwing us WW2 games), so this monster you' ve created comes really handy.

Anyway... I've registered to report some bugs to help you in your mighty crusade.

Chinook - this chopper has a serious bug since version 2.0 of the mod. Soldiers in cargo positions dont open their parachutes when ejecting & fall to make nice bloodsplats.

Stairs - the bug already reported of going up stairs (nothing serious) only happens to the new models of west ACU/BDU units that you created. The spec-ops & other soldiers that use the same legs have this problem, but not snipers & pilots, since they have other legs...maybe that's the problem.

AK snipers - this still hapens but is hard to notice it, but if you play in the intro island you will notice it (anyway it doesent bother me, just reporting it)

Also could you add the old big-o explotion from the fuel stations to the all efects config? (it was beautiful)

It's ok to load your mod from a recistance shortcut or your exe does more stuff?

:pistols:Keep killing those nasty bugs you keyboard wizzard...

And thanks to you & your team for the great efforts.

[off-topic]

Zorb I play navyfield. Got myself a Z99 level 29. I used to have a spakhreuzer D40 but it costs too much and its not worth it. Im gonna quit at level 30 cause it costs money.

[off-topic]

thunderbird hows work coming along on the patch ?

Universal!

it does cost nothing! you just get -40% experience,what makes the game harder ( without that penalty you must make 2 great battles to level up rofl.gif )

smile_o.gif

if you want,give me your login and your account :P

Quote[/b] ]Mi-28 replaced by Evgeni Kamov-52 (The new variant of the v-80).

Nope, that was refering to the fact that the Mi-28 was in FFUR 2005 to replace the V-80. Funily, I checked this problem out and I have noticed it too. Not that its any big deal, but its rather interesting...the config mentions to suggest any conflicts. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Quote[/b] ]it does cost nothing! you just get -40% experience,what makes the game harder

Gentlemen, please keep your WoW or whatever it is talk out of here.

Can anyone explain the difference between the new AEC islands pack and FFUR's previous islands pack (FFUR_isl_high_nordic.rar) ?

The reason is that I've already installed FFUR's pack (excellent btw) and I'd like to know what I'd gain by installing the new AEC pack?

In particular I'd like to be certain that the AEC pack multiplayer...

Mr Burns?

@thunderbird

What units are able to swim and what units don't?

I mean I can find out just by going into the water and the swimming or dying. But I prefer to know beforehand smile_o.gif

Is there a general rule?

I'm really sorry if this has been posted before but I did search and couldn't find it.

When I run FFUR 2K6 it seems to run about 1.5x faster than vanilla OFP. I checked the time settings and its on 1.0x but the game is running on overdrive. Is there a fix?

EDIT: I should mention I'm not running 2 CPUS or anything wacky.

OK I'm not sure where to post this, but whenever I run FFUR now (ever since today for some reason, and all I've done is install the addons necessary to play DVD's CTI), I don't have Everon or Malden, the island list starts at Kolgujev  huh.gif  huh.gif  crazy_o.gif

Same thing happens when I launch with CSLA. I launch ECP, and the islands are there, it's just with FFUR and CSLA

The bug with the immortal MG (M2, Dshk) gunners is really annoying. I hope thunderbird, you will fix this as soon as possible.

It's the third mission I'm playing which i can't finish because of this bug!