Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.5 ... Full Pack

Better answered, who cares... it's his mod, and he will judge and release what he decides is the best balance of looks and performance...there's really no use asking

Ya well i care. If we can't have opinion about a mod well i say right now to Tb keep your mod and don't released it to the public. Easy enough. Who cares like you said.

Okay, better put:

Here's all anyone asking will ever need to know about this MOD, and it's update(s)

When the updates are finished, they will be released...

...WHEN they are finished.

If there are any errors beta-testers missed, that's too bad. If Thunderbird decides to further update, he will, if he doesn't, he'll let you know, I guarantee it.

All in all, there's no use being a pesky little shit asking, you're just using bandwith...

Okay, better put:

Here's all anyone asking will ever need to know about this MOD, and it's update(s)

When the updates are finished, they will be released...

...WHEN they are finished.

If there are any errors beta-testers missed, that's too bad.  If Thunderbird decides to further update, he will, if he doesn't, he'll let you know, I guarantee it.

All in all, there's no use being a pesky little shit asking, you're just using bandwith...

Who the f*ck are you anyway? You speak like you are the king here and choose what we can or cannot say. Not happy go bitch in another forum. missy

Yeah I agree!! tounge2.gif

Omg we're wasting bandwidth!!? Think of all the poor people with caps or in countries that have bandwidth rations!!?? OMG PEOPLE!

Calm down fellas.

Quote[/b] ]Question to TB, do you know what cause the lag in the all effect config? I remember in 2.0 there was alot of big cool effect without much lag. (with my pc) Just wondering what could cause it right now? Thx

The bouncing grenades Fx is behind the lag that occurs in the "all effect config", but this config would be removed with the next incoming patch and there would hopefully be 2 configs :

-Normal config: Defaut config using only light scripts (reworked effects) and works with no problem on 1.5 ghz systems.

-Light config: config using only units replacements and a very few scripts intended to the mp side for "huge battles" on low systems.

Btw, here are some shots of the new russian troops (taken the last weekend) which would be included to the upcoming patch, their purpose is to make RHS units compatible with BIS heads, HIGH reso VSR camo (friendly cpu/ram), and the most authentic possible.

Special thanks to Shadow Nx for providing me the editable 3D (MLODs) and the necessary informations.

-You may notice the diversity of the gear below

Ru Squad leader and Automatic rifleman

ffur_ru_2.jpg

Ru Machinegunner and Grenadier

ffur_ru_1.jpg

Ru Machinegunner

ffur_ru_3.jpg

Ru Antiarmor rifleman

ffur_ru_5.jpg

Ru Antiarmor rifleman and Medic

ffur_ru_4.jpg

Regards,

Thunderbird

Those are some great screens tb, as always your guy's work is outstanding. Although I wouldn't be the one suggesting out loud for the change in the config from high/regular to regular/low I'm sure glad you did! I saw on ArmA info's site a possible rumor of it running on a 1.6gig processor. How true this is I don't know, but just the fact that we know we'll be able to run the latest version of FFUR2006 smoothly is very reassuring. Once again thank you for this modifications awesome extension of both addons and special f/x to a game that has spanned 5 years (probably the most amount of time I'll ever spend with just one game). smile_o.gif

Lot better than the previous versions Tarik!

Only some tiny suggestions, if you want to have it bit more authentic:

- Ged rid of the GRAD-2 vest on the Grenadier and use the Pioneer M23 from the Leader on him and others that wear the GRAD-2 atm ( No must but with normal units these vests arent common ).

- Give all soldiers Helmets ( no must but if all US forces have helmets then maybe youre better off that way )

- Remove the Googles and radio equipment from the RPK Gunner, the googles could be used on the AA and AT soldiers instead if you wrap them around their helmets.

Also the gloves arent fitting, if the guy is some Spetsnaz then offcourse you can forget what i just said...

I send you a better ( brown ) version of the texture if you want... or just DL the last RHS release with the Naval infantry, lots of updated textures there for googles, pouches and vests.

Oh and i know its maybe too much to ask but think about the sunglasses, i doubt the Russian soldier wear these much in combat ( also glasses, so far i seen like one real pic of a soldier with glasses ) plus they dont look that well if im honest, if there need to be sunglasses then maybe not for soldiers or at least use some cool ones liek some old aviators or something ^^

Calm down fellas.
Quote[/b] ]Question to TB, do you know what cause the lag in the all effect config? I remember in 2.0 there was alot of big cool effect without much lag. (with my pc) Just wondering what could cause it right now? Thx

The bouncing grenades Fx is behind the lag that occurs in the "all effect config", but this config would be removed with the next incoming patch and there would hopefully be 2 configs :

-Normal config: Defaut config using only light scripts (reworked effects) and works with no problem on 1.5 ghz systems.

-Light config: config using only units replacements and a very few scripts intended to the mp side for "huge battles" on low systems.

Btw, here are some shots of the new russian troops (taken the last weekend) which would be included to the upcoming patch, their purpose is to make RHS units compatible with BIS heads, HIGH reso VSR camo (friendly cpu/ram), and the most authentic possible.

Special thanks to Shadow Nx for providing me the editable 3D (MLODs) and the necessary informations.

-You may notice the diversity of the gear below

Ru Squad leader and Automatic rifleman

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Thunderbird84/ffur_ru_2.jpg

Ru Machinegunner and Grenadier

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Thunderbird84/ffur_ru_1.jpg

Ru Machinegunner

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Thunderbird84/ffur_ru_3.jpg

Ru Antiarmor rifleman

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Thunderbird84/ffur_ru_5.jpg

Ru Antiarmor rifleman and Medic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Thunderbird84/ffur_ru_4.jpg

Regards,

Thunderbird

aah yes some news smile_o.gif

i bit happyer now smile_o.gif

and i didnt know there was a 4 hours ago post (back then sorry folks)

and i know hes doing the best he can... SORRY

Loaded last night.

Seems to work like a charm. Love the updated US soldiers and weapons.

Thanks for all your time and effort.

You are the welcome,

Quote[/b] ]Only some tiny suggestions, if you want to have it bit more authentic:

Thanks Shadow, I would try to make a good use of these advices as soon as I put my hands on the stuff again.

Quote[/b] ]Those are some great screens tb, as always your guy's work is outstanding.

Thanks for the kind words,

Anyways, concerning the upcoming patch, it is today completely done and still needs being tested, the amount of new features and enhancements are far too numerous to list here.

But the major changes concern some models replacements and SFX changes, which are a fundamental part of any game or mod, and make the feeling of the game also feel like a proper simulation.

Stay tuned. ;-)

regards,

TB

TBird=Still reading this thread. Very ill atm. Will try to get those bug pictures to you somehow soon as I get a bit better. Have to get some shots of them first.

New FFUR updates are looking great as always. biggrin_o.gif

Could the 'blood splat' on the ground after a troop has died be set to a timer to FADE away? So it will attribute to lag much less in those long Battlefield and CTI games?

Wook [iDGN]

good to hear smile_o.gif

i have a question btw:

has the ural wreck been improved?

there was this strange box around it earlyer

and that was the question smile_o.gif

Good luck with any future fixes etc

Thunderbird,

I have a question for you, when playing ffur2006 I notice that you defaulted the units to ACU units, Can you

please let me know how to change all units to BDU units, I'll appreciate your or anybodys assistance. thanks

Hey Thurderbird, (or anyone else) any reason why FFur2006 would cause all the water graphics to be lost. Even in stock mode?

Can anyone point me to right file so I can do and check and fix if necessary?

Thanks

Quote[/b] ]I have a question for you, when playing ffur2006 I notice that you defaulted the units to ACU units, Can you

please let me know how to change all units to BDU units, I'll appreciate your or anybodys assistance. thanks

I'm afraid BDU troops have been taken out, because they are actually quite useless and not that popular, moreover, they increase the FFUR US Soldiers .pbo file a lot.

Furthermore, actually, there are almost no US Army personals that use the BDU camo.

Quote[/b] ]

Can anyone point me to right file so I can do and check and fix if necessary?

This is probably caused by your graphic card, nothing related to FFUR because "the water" hasen't been replaced or something.

Make sure you are running FFUR as standalone mod or copy and paste your "Res\dta\htwl" files to your ffur2006\dta\htwl folder.

Quote[/b] ]has the ural wreck been improved?

Indeed.

Quote[/b] ]Could the 'blood splat' on the ground after a troop has died be set to a timer to FADE away?

It has been taken out as well, due to the kind of lag it was causing.

Regards,

TB

I'm looking forward to your upcoming patch more eagerly than I waited for ArmA. smile_o.gif

@Tobruk

If the problem you have is that the water is all white then I had the same problem, but it's no 'FFUR', It's 'DXDLL' water reflections when you are not using 'Direct 3D HT&L'. Try deactivating the reflections & other water effects.

@Thunderbird

So much work, from not so many people...amazing. Waiting anxious here thumbs-up.gif

Anyone else missing the texture to the Russian sniper unit.

After 2.5 it started to appear white-which ain't bad if you are playing on the Resistance side.

Tobruk, you might want to read a few pages back and you'll see that it has been reported about 5 times in those couple of pages. I believe thunderbird knows about it and has fixed the issue by now.

Awesome mod, I'm not a particular fan of ACU, but the ACU units in this mod are awesome and they don't stand out which is good. On a side note, the AI settings are just right, you don't have to worry about >300m first shot kills from the average soldier. I've started playing the original campaign again, and it is a lot of fun with this mod, keep up the good work.

say, is there a different tree/vegetation replacement pack I can use with FFUR? I'm finding the collision detection of the Berghoff bushes trees to be extremely annoying... I'll stand about a meter to the side of the bush and the AT4 will blow up in my face. And if I'm hiding behind a bush, I have to run into the open to shoot back or else I'll end up hitting an invisible part of the bush banghead.gif