Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.5 ... Full Pack

I really miss some of your new dead anims form 2006 2.0 huh.gif

Will be they in your upcoming patch?

Agreed about the all around new animation awkwardness. I thought the 2.0 anims used were best.

ok, got some problems.. i think...

the GUI hasnt changed at my side still the same old 2.0

also i thought "grenade roll" was implemented?

my nades explode on impact... and also they fly very far... like im some sort of elite spearthrower

EDIT: something strange...: ural wreck has somekind of white "thing" in it it looks a bit like the zigzag training...

other bug: i got 2 kords in the armored section...

and another thing: 2 empty spots at objects section it has no names on it nor it shows something ingame.. just some empty seats...

i did uninstall FURR but i forgot to delete the ffur map cuz i thought it would be gone could that cauze the GUI prob?

for the things i saw sofar great job smile_o.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

seems like no one has replied how to make the DKM MI-28 Havoc work with FFUR2006 sad_o.gif

I do understand people like various parts of these versions and whatnot, I would like to more less ask, is there any way please to give us a patch for version 1.0 2006 that would remove the crashing that occurrs randomly during firefights.

I do appreciate all you guys have done, but I truly liked the original 2006 version, still had my m60's and T72's (great models), liked the woodland camo, as the guys in standard 'wooded' type camo looks changed to desert now.

Even the spez naz that I really liked has been changed.

I can easily tell alot of people like these changes, but for those of us who really liked the original setup, would it be possible to throw us a patch to remove the crashing for the original version, Ive been working hard on a very large scale dynamic type mission, and I personally miss all the great stuff I had in there when ur first 2006 version came out.

Sincerely

im having a weird problem with mine i load up ffur(after a fresh instal of ofp and updated) and when i open ffur the dos box doesnt close and ffur open my mouse icon is on the screen aswell as the ffur mouse icon ...i alt tab to get rid of it and it crashes ffur every time this did not happen in the previous FFUR mod and has me rather dissapointed as i was looking forward to this mod

I love the newest version, the BDU woodland doesn't look desert at all, and the seemingly lag-free design is making me drool incessantly when I play. The only things I've actually used for additional addons are the SJB weapons and SafetyCatch's Marines, and some Mapfact objects. I like this new GUI way better, because the cursor is actually... well, I can point with it wink_o.gif

All I want to know is, what are the tracks you used for the music? I almost want to use the main screen as a screensaver because the music and visuals are so nice.

ofp hit me hard again, this time im laying as a bloody smear o the ground lol pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just a short question; Why didn't you use the BIS head for the Russians? The old RHS head is the most horrible head I've ever seen in OFP. They don't look human

That's gonna be done with the next incoming patch which should be accomplished quite soon, the patch would include new russian models as well, a little present from Shadow Nx.

Quote[/b] ]Awesome job on the ACU though. They look great and they do work the way ACU is meant to work

Thanks, glad you appreciate'em.

Quote[/b] ]but im getting no backblast smoke after firing an RPG or law

As stated in the readme and in the first news post, several effects have been disabled to increase the framerate level in-game, but it would be exclusively incorporated to the 'ffur2006\all effects config\' with the upcoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]to include the awesome handgrenades from the [All effects config]?

1- Download a powerful notepad editor (Notepad ++...) and install it, that would make things easy to edit

2- Open the editable version of your "Light effects config" with Notepad ++,

3- Press CTRL+H and replace with "replace everything in all files"

"ffur_m67" by "bd_m67"

"ffur_anm8" by "bd_anm83"

"ffur_rgo" by "bd_rgo"

and finally, find class man:land

and replace in the bottom of the class man:land

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec {\ffur_anims\Swim.sqs}";

};

by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init = "_this exec {\ffur_anims\Swim.sqs};[_this select 0,0] exec ""\ffur_grenades\AddNewUnit.sqs""";

};

Just don't forget to convert your edited cpp to .bin with cpp2bin and replace the previous \ffur2006\bin\config.bin by yours. ;-)

Quote[/b] ] was the FOV ever reset to original values in the latest version here?

FOV values have been modified and they are the same ones than OFP vanilla's FOV values.

Quote[/b] ]The new running anim looks naff; holding your weapon parallel to the ground would be incredibly uncomfortable

I second that, but in term of gameplay, this provides a pretty nice feeling imho, fortunately, this can be easily customized by replacing the previous '\ffur2006\dta\anim.pbo' by your favorite one (DMA, Previous sanctuary animations packs...etc).

Quote[/b] ]Will be they in your upcoming patch?

I envisage re-enabling them again.

Quote[/b] ]the GUI hasnt changed at my side still the same old 2.0

Who said it has been changed? a few things have been updated, though but the GUI was quite decent imo and it doesn't need to get changed.

Quote[/b] ]also i thought "grenade roll" was implemented?

It would be very appreciated that people will get a quick look at the FFUR readme or at the news posts.

->Available Configs:

-There are 2 configs available in the \ffur2006\bin\ folder:

[All effects config] & [Light effects config]

the only difference between both configs is that the [All effects config] enables bouncing grenades and blood Fx, it is recommended to systems lower than 3.0 ghz to run the [Light effects config], which is defined as the default config, though.

Quote[/b] ]seems like no one has replied how to make the DKM MI-28 Havoc work with FFUR2006

Unzip your DKM MI-28 into your Addons folder and everything should work correctly.

Quote[/b] ]I do understand people like various parts of these versions and whatnot, I would like to more less ask, is there any way please to give us a patch for version 1.0 2006

I'm afraid I can't carry out everyone's requests, especially this kind of requests, what about waiting for the next patch?

Quote[/b] ].i alt tab to get rid of it and it crashes ffur every time this did not happen in the previous FFUR mod and has me rather dissapointed as i was looking forward to this mod

You should try once again, this tend to happen with some specific versions of Windows Xp and Millenium as I have myself already experienced,

1- Launch your FFUR2006 (Make sure you run it with an original and clean version of OFP).

2- Immediately press ALT+TAB when the splash screen shows up.

3- Click on your "OFP reduced screen" and everything would work as it should.

Quote[/b] ]The tracer on the tanks doesn't look real like in ffur 1.0

As previously stated, the tracers have been disabled for the light config (set as the default ffur2006 config), but an enhanced version of kylesarnik's tracers would be included with the next patch (exclusively for the [all effects config]).

Quote[/b] ]Would anybody like to host the 640x480 version?

Send it to mail box, I will see what can I do,

Nice movie, though, keep it up ;-)

Anyways, as mentioned in the previous pages, we are currently carrying out the necessary changes and bug fixes, and the patch would hopefully be released before the end of this weekend, thank you for your patience and your support!

regards,

Thunderbird

Thunderbird its still not working. It only shows the wrecked mi-28 versions under the DKM/Air and I tried re-extracting and all and it still wont work. I even tried making a seperate mod folder and its still not working. FFUR works with all the other DKM addons though and strangely it doesnt want to work with FFUR sad_o.gifhuh.gif

As I have said in the reply to your pm, I would focuse on your issue as soon as the patch is done and ready to be downloaded.

Thank you for your understanding.

regards,

Thunderbird

@thunderbird

Please tell what and how to change to get the FOV used in 2.0.

Just tell how to do it please, and I will set it by myself.

Since thunderbird84 may be busy with doing the patch, does anybody else know how to change the FOV (Field of View) settings like it was in FFUR 2.0?

When playing the "Battlefields" mission, the East sniper didn't have any textures and was all white (which definitely made it easier for me to see him) wink_o.gif

Have not dl yet but would like to say thank you to Thunderbird and FFUR team for all efforts and trouble. smile_o.gif

*doubled-post of incomplete posting*

::Placebo delete this single posting if you would, please.::

Wook [iDGN]

@Tbird and FFUR Team: Fantastic work. Thanks yet again for so much effort into making a TC Mod that brings back the old East vs. West feel to OFP.  biggrin_o.gif

I've been only using it for the last day. Apparently came in late on your release. From my last discussion in the old forums it left me the impression that this release was probably weeks or a month or so off. Wow, great work. In the future... it would be highly appreciated but not entirely necessary to please give some sort of estimation for when you plan to release the next patches, etc. Leaves those few of us still interested in OFP from pulling out what little hair is left.

Bug notes:

-.50 cal on HMMV West, on tripod also, not making any firing sounds. I'm wondering if the old early FFUR sounds missing from the .50cals might by chance have been overlooked again.  smile_o.gif

-As noted earlier, unable to traverse stairs in any buildings, etc. Also, on the CWC Training mission very near the start, unable to go up the 'ramp' for the obstacle course. Also, navigating the zig-zag there is not quite workable either. This interesting model blocking effect also can be noticed at random times around vehicles, buildings and between certain trees in the field.

-West Sniper Ghillie has some missing texture in one of its model settings. Noticed it from the front on a laying down sniper from abouts 100 meters.

-M113 with .50cal has some sort of weight value missing or too low. On more than one mission now where tanks bounced into eachother... the M113, with M2Browning pintle mount, was sent flying clear across the screen. In one case at Regina it flew about 150 meters from a bounce'in to a M1A1. It only stopped because it hit the trees in the forest. Landed completely upright, no flipping during this issue but the crew was dead on tree impact.

Odd things I really enjoy in this newest version:

-Frogs in Montignac? Some of the bushes in one of the early missions have frogs croaking during the CWC Missions. This new or just has it been so long since I've noticed this nice ambiant effect? I think there are a few new birds here or there as well. Noticed them on the Lost Squad mission in CWC.

MP Play notes:

-The lag has very greatly been reduced. Battlefield and CTI missions seem to play much smoother for longer gametimes now. However, there is still some noticable lag that seems to occur a bit late in the mission.  Not sure, but, could some of the aircraft debris still be being left behind? Noticed some on the Apache's but, haven't had the gametime to fully note if in fact these peices are remaining or not.

-The new bloodspots are much more 'effective'. And, reduce the lag due to these alone as well. Do these sprites disappear over time or do they remain? Will have to put more hours ingame in to know these bits.

-Muzzleflash... I can't think of one weapon that currently has any anymore. Tank and APC cannon make 'muzzleflame' but, this is no longer a 'flash' as would be seen in night exercises and is so subdued that at times is an oddity to watch them actually fire this matchstick cannon of theirs.  wink_o.gif I realize that you may have removed the 'flash' to reduce lag, but, the flash works the same as the smoke puffs, except, its effect is much much shorter lived. Perhaps this can be revisited?

-Bullet dispersion on tanks: The .50's and Coax .30's have a pretty incredible dispersion on the T55. Is this similar with all other tanks as well? Limited gameplaytime hasn't let me find out all these bits. Just noting them for your review. smile_o.gif

-Pistols: Browning and APS [only two I've gotten to play with yet] have a bullet impact point at 10 meters of somewhere in the middle of the gun's body. No where near the top of the post on the ironsights. Trajectory mismatch? Or, is this current military doctrine now?  tounge2.gif

-Aimpoint and ACOG: From my limited experience with these real-world sighting systems, I do not remember the ironsights playing into the viewing sightwindow as much as they do in these current FFUR M4, M16 weapons. *shrugs* Maybe they do nowdays. But, I remember looking down the Aimpoint and don't remember seeing any bit of the Ironsights when I did. Same with ACOG, just too much ironsight in the sightwindow.

-M113 'clutch'... Odd 'super leadfoot' clutch noise from M113's. Dunno about other APCs or MBTs. Not had time to see them in action ingame. Its a very loud singularly repetitive sound from M113's as they maneuver about.

Wishlist:

-Voices ingame. Soldiers chatting randomly, sending a 'challenge' greeting to contacts they've met but not identified, "Who goes there?", etc. I would think putting it on a low random occurance setting would work to make the environment 'feel more real' without contributing to lag since this is a clientside feature.

**Salute**  Fantastic works men!

Wook [iDGN]

Thank you for the reply TB

i really thought the GUI changed... guess not...

about the ACU and BDU. they are apart from the normal "men" tab to bdu, acu men

will this affect any of the missions i made earlyer with ffur? or will they just stay bdu?

Hi again TB84, thanks for the help on the handgrenades, gonna try it out smile_o.gif

I agree with Wook; implementing voices for the troops would be fantastic! Perhaps in FFUR for Arma? : )

Btw, im getting very bad framerates with the "all effects config", it hugs my system from normally 40-50 fps to 8-10 fps, and I have an Athlon 3500+ 1 gig ram and a gforce 6800GT. So I should be allright according to the FFUR Readme.

The only thing I want to know is, what is the music from the main screen?

Guest Ti0n3r
about the ACU and BDU. they are apart from the normal "men" tab to bdu, acu men

will this affect any of the missions i made earlyer with ffur? or will they just stay bdu?

Yes, BDU units will turn into ACU units and vice versa