Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

I wonder if / when we'll get a 'Gone Gold' annoucement ?

I'm from Russia(Moscow).

This reads: Operatsiya Flashpoint 2 (Operation Flashpoint 2). Akella - noobs wink_o.gif . We are waiting this game...

I just talked to a copyright lawyer about a completely unrelated matter. I couldn't resist asking about Akella's Flashpoint logo, while I had him on the phone, though. The fact that they are using cyrillic letters to spell out a name that (phonetically) sounds the same, but is dispayed in a different font (visually) is probably enough to keep them safe from any legal claims from Codemasters. In the end, it's up to a court to decide, but the chances that Codemasters would lose such a case is indeed quite large. The use of the word Operazia also raises Aklella's chances (unless Codemasters registered that one as well).

It's not like Russia is known for it's tight copyright laws anyways.. *cough*allofmp3*cough*

can we possably get a demo date? if there is even gonna be one... release dates are comin up real fast and demos would be nice... especially caus theres still no publishers in US apperently to make a deal with... plz demo soon smile_o.gif i dont wanna be stuck here sittin on my ass doin nothing while everyone in other countries are playing the game. ya know...

When will the game be released in Norway (or Scandinavia) ?

if I had any idea of how much one needs to invest in it to get it on the shelves I'd ask every person I know with that kind of money if they'd be interested in a little business... releasing ArmA is 100% risk-free!

Quote[/b] ]Why is it so hard to reach publishing agreements? Well if someone figures it out please do enlighten me

Let's see...

NO DEMO

If I had to sink money into something I'm not even sure the public will like, I wouldn't do it either. The fact that there is no demo so close to release is a scary prospect for me as a gamer, let alone a distributor. We're down to just over a month now...

Quote[/b] ]Why is it so hard to reach publishing agreements? Well if someone figures it out please do enlighten me

Let's see...

NO DEMO

If I had to sink money into something I'm not even sure the public will like, I wouldn't do it either. The fact that there is no demo so close to release is a scary prospect for me as a gamer, let alone a distributor. We're down to just over a month now...

I'd bet BIS has happily handed out the E3 and GC Demo versions to any interested (or even not yet interested  biggrin_o.gif ) publisher.

Just because there is no public demo does not mean that there is none for such purposes...

Let's see...

NO DEMO

I'd bet BIS has happily handed out the E3 and GC Demo versions to any interested (or even not yet interested  biggrin_o.gif ) publisher.

Just because there is no public demo does not mean that there is none for such purposes...

True. But if I'm a publisher, PUBLIC opinion is a VERY important part of my decision. I guess I should have put the word "public" in with my post. Sorry about that.

as i said before, it's been a total balls up so far, which is a shame as i still have faith that the product is good.

cant understand how they haven't got any publishers for Arma yet, ofp sold 1.5 million copies and has a huge following even now. this forum has had thousands upon thousands of posts on it all relating to arma and how good it is/will be. i dont think the lack of a public demo has anything to do with it at all, i think it has more to do with the fact that the creators split with codemasters and everyone can remember how public that became when it happened, publishers probably dont want to be a part of something similar in years to come

i think it has more to do with the fact that the creators split with codemasters and everyone can remember how public that became when it happened, publishers probably dont want to be a part of something similar in years to come

if I understood correctly, things started to f*** up by CM initiative so I don't see why BIS should swallow the crap for it

*Sigh* i thought this almost a dream come true until the bash up with the publishers. Damn you CM tounge2.gif

rofl.gifwink_o.gif

I just hope you are still seriously thinking about digital distribution for the “other guysâ€. I don’t have a dvd-rom, so I would rather download the game then buy a dvd-rom for it. Yea, yea, I know, it’s 2006 and I don’t have a dvd-rom, but up until this point, there hasn’t been one instance where I actually needed one.

If a US date is late or never comes (would be very suprising) at least a lot of people can get the game online or as an import.

Good news! Armed Assault will come in an additional version for those people who don't have a DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, broadband modem, dial-up modem, USB thumb-drives, or even 3.5" floppy drives!

[ig]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3140/armafloppyjh2.jpg[/img]

That is some pretty funny stuff, man. Good one.

Let's see...

NO DEMO

Lots of successful games come out with a demo on or after the release date. And despite the lack of a PUBLIC demo, there's been a press and publisher demo that the BIS guys have been using to show their wares. No public demo needed (though it is highly anticipated, of course!wink_o.gif.

Obviously a public demo is a guage they can use to determine an interest. however many # of downloads the first week would certainly sway publishers towards BIS and ArmA if a demo were released.

Ultimately we will get the game regardless of means ( DvD online distribution w/e ) not much more of a wait anyhow, so if a demo isn't available until after full release, it means nothing.

Let's see...

NO DEMO

Lots of successful games come out with a demo on or after the release date. And despite the lack of a PUBLIC demo, there's been a press and publisher demo that the BIS guys have been using to show their wares. No public demo needed (though it is highly anticipated, of course!wink_o.gif.

not really becuase these big games have big publishers so they can afford to keep the demo back and hope people will buy the game before the demo comes out, but if 1 does not have a publisher they release the demo first and this way publishers see how many downloads these demos get and what reviews people make about this demo and then they act on that.. if a million people downlaoded the demo and said wow this is great i cant wait for the full game thats 1 million potenial sales... then a publisher might be interested...

thts what i think anyways..

you'd better hope that they sell it online because if they're planning on releasing the demo and using the figures from it to entice possible publishers we're all screwed, a couple months anyway. if they do get a publisher, they cant just magic up an entire shipment of cases, discs, instructions and whatever else needs done, all overnight

I think some of you are missing the point. The fact is (I think) that BIS could get a publisher, based purely on the sales of OFP and its expansions. But, BIS won't let a publisher push them around and make them change loads of stuff, which IMO is a very good thing, and this is probably where the hold-up is happening... wink_o.gif

I guess it's a matter of economics. Pubslihers want a big slice of the pie and I guess since BIS hasn't been in the market for a while and isn't exactly on the A-list of developers, they didn't get a fair deal. I think it's half-experiment for their game2.

If they can make good money on ArmA with online distribution they're strong in a meeting with a publisher for game2. Maybe Arma will be such a big success that they'll go for the same solution on game2 as well. It's definetly the way the market is going. However, I'm a bit worried about the marketing though and how they indend to reach the large masses. There's certainly not as much money to gather from a niche-market.