Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Yes this is strange indeed. Maybe some European publisher or they found many small publishers quickly... huh.gif

Not caring which it is either. Just good news all around. thumbs-up.gif

Well I have asked about my area and this is what I got in reply:
Quote[/b] ]HI,

Benelux publisher will be announced in a few days.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

http://www.idea-games.com

smile_o.gif

Davilex? *remembers A2 racer* rofl.gif

Oh well, its good news biggrin_o.gif

Oh well, its good news biggrin_o.gif

*burning pain in eyes* upon seeing that name again. biggrin_o.gifhelp.gif

quick someone send him a email about a UK publisher and if he says soon we will know for sure if its a european publisher!! biggrin_o.gif

edit: i sent one.

here is the reply regarding the u.k publisher question
Quote[/b] ]Hello,

there will be official announcement if few days, it is all i can say at the moment.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

Hello matt!! yay.gif

here is the reply regarding the u.k publisher question
Quote[/b] ]Hello,

there will be official announcement if few days, it is all i can say at the moment.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

Hello matt!! yay.gif

nevermind biggrin_o.gif [Codemasters :O, EA :O, UbiSoft :O] lol

Quote from Swedish PC Gamer's Forums. Posted by one of the PCG-employees. Translated by me.

I'm a huge OFP-fan. SWRace FTW! However, I'm a little bit sceptical towards Armed Assault. The preview that I've played wasn't as good as I'd hoped for, but it might only be because optimizations [No idea what he means by this]. Hjalmarsson [Another writer] is also a real OFP-fan.

I've asked BIA:s [sic] PR-firm about Star force and this is the answer that I've recieved: [end translation by me]

Quote[/b] ]Star Force was used and probably will be used for press versions and demonstrations. In case of full version it depends on the publisher, but I believe they are aware of Star Force reputation, so they choose the best solution for players. Swedish publisher will be announced soon.

EDIT: Oh, it's apparently not just for Sweden. Bummer. Or, I mean, yay! tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Star Force was used and probably will be used for press versions and demonstrations. In case of full version it depends on the publisher, but I believe they are aware of Star Force reputation, so they choose the best solution for players. [/b]

Sounds like BIS use SF themselves - doesn't bode well IMO. I won't be having SF on my system thanks, even for the chance to play OFP updated with TIR sad_o.gif

Wait & see I suppose, but I won't be pre-ordering.

Quote[/b] ]Star Force was used and probably will be used for press versions and demonstrations. In case of full version it depends on the publisher, but I believe they are aware of Star Force reputation, so they choose the best solution for players. [/b]

Sounds like BIS use SF themselves - doesn't bode well IMO. I won't be having SF on my system thanks, even for the chance to play OFP updated with TIR sad_o.gif

Wait & see I suppose, but I won't be pre-ordering.

I got the impression that they WON'T be using SF in ArmA.

Well I have asked about my area and this is what I got in reply:
Quote[/b] ]HI,

Benelux publisher will be announced in a few days.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

http://www.idea-games.com

smile_o.gif

Nice (hope the release date = German release date)

Whohooo! smile_o.gif

Starforce or not , I don't care .I'll preorder multiple copies.(money a lil tight right now,inlaws, christmas coming etc...better hurry up!!wink_o.gif

I trust Bis judgement.If thats what they think it takes (obviously a publisher choice tho)

Sounds like it craps on my plans of playing without the cd/dvd and probably the plans of online download

Well, I've played the press demo Gaming Area received too, and someone who has played OFP from the day it's released, I can tell you that even the GC press demo, that I was led to belive from a certain source, very outdated, and to quote the source "The current build is lightyears ahead of GC version", was very impressive, yes there were some bugs in it, but it's understandable, and yes, there were some funny features, that are there probably for the ease of testing, but I was dropped to the knees when I played it.

My system played it OK on "Normal" settings, with a few exceptions that I put to "Very High" and 4xAA. And even on the highest settings with view distance cranked up to 10km game went smoother than OFP on 5k distance and terrain on Normal.

Here's a story:

I was taking screenshots of ArmA, the ones which you saw on Gaming Area, and one of my co-workers looked trough the door, he was like: "Oh, you're still playing that ugly OFP". Right, then I called him in and gave him a lecture, because he's a graphics whore, so quickly turned off the demo and ran OFP, showing him the graphics of OFP. Which made him realise how ArmA is years ahead in the graphics department from OFP. So I ran ArmA Press Kit again, and showed him all the nifty features that I will not talk about here, but here is a hint, CQB is possible in ArmA, and it feels right. Of course, he was impressed by the game. Here the story ends.

Now, I'm getting an impression that the guy from PC Gamer isn't quite a "huge" fan of OFP, maybe a fan that played the game about a year ago, we'll call that just a fan, not a huge fan. Maybe he's referencing his bodyweight, if he is, then in that case, I'm very huge fan of the game. wink_o.gif

Now, gameplay wise, maybe he was expecting BF2? I don't know, because I can't see anything wrong with OFPs gameplay, and thats what ArmA feels like in general.

Now, I'm assuming Placebo ain't very happy with me doing this so I'll shut up, and give BIS a big thumbs-up for the work they have put in the game. thumbs-up.gif

Thanx Sniperwolf for the correction.

Now i just hope they will reveal info about the european publisher so i can preorder the special edition of ArmA.

thx sniper for the info. -- just the type of thing we needed to know. smile_o.gif

Okay so just so we're all clear...if there is an Australia or UK version released, those of us who are hardcore fans could play the game in the USA right? These games don't have region coding like movie DVDs. Just want to know if I should get excited yet.

Now, I'm getting an impression that the guy from PC Gamer isn't quite a "huge" fan of OFP, maybe a fan that played the game about a year ago, we'll call that just a fan, not a huge fan. Maybe he's referencing his bodyweight, if he is, then in that case, I'm very huge fan of the game. wink_o.gif

His test-version was the E3-one, which I think we all agree weren't that impressive compared to the GC-one. But let's not stray too off-topic. smile_o.gif

crystal%2520ball.gif Looking into my crystal ball I sense that there may be some good news soon regarding publishers! My ball tells me that many forum members may wish to get their dancing bananas out ready for an announcement shortly!

My fingers are also detecting strange activity in the way of a new demo!

..... Well enough of this bullshit! I think it is pretty obvious there is some positive news expected soon!  tounge2.gif

I hope they annouce something today because they seem to like announcing stuff on fridays.

Very good to hear about the new publishers!! Especially the Benelux one! yay.gif

Ok i've read about 15 pages and i've zoomed to the end. So i'm sorry if this has already been considered...

Has BIS considered releasing the game on steam?

Just a thought... I'm looking at X3 as an example of a released game which was recently added.

I want the game on the same date as the Czech Republic release. If this is not possible, whats the chances of me learning abit of Czech to get by in the game. I wonder how many Czech words are in the game. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Oh well, its good news  biggrin_o.gif

*burning pain in eyes* upon seeing that name again.  biggrin_o.gif   help.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gif

That is the worst game I've ever played!

Anyway, great news for the BeNeLux thumbs-up.gif

Im curious what publisher it will be if its not a well-known one

I want the game on the same date as the Czech Republic release. If this is not possible, whats the chances of me learning abit of Czech to get by in the game. I wonder how many Czech words are in the game.  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

just the towns probably. im hoping it will be in english too (wont it??? crazy_o.gif )

It's Christmastime in October.. At least that's what it feels like. smile_o.gif

Am I the only one feeling a bit embarrased because I'm an older father of two, and I'm absolutely giddy about a video game? tounge2.gif

(hope not)