Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Can Placebo or someone from BIS come with an official statement on this please!? Will it still be released some places in october? And will it be distributed online in english?

Yeah, that'd be very welcome confused_o.gif

I have preordered Armed Assault via Amazon, and it will be delivered in the first few days of Dec. 06. notworthy.gif

It`s not the fault of BIS when the publishers don`t like Armed Assault, they all would like to sign an contract for another Battlefield clone. confused_o.gif

i'm a grown up

then act like one

there are more factors that go into a games release date than you obviously seem to gather... the publisher will have decided that release date based on when it thinks it can have everything ready by and the marketing done.... coming onto these forums and whining like a 5 year old isnt exactly going to change that now, is it?

do you really believe BIS woke up this morning, signed a contract and then said to 505 gaming:

"oh, by the way, we really have a thing against urbanwarrior and we'd really appreciate it if you could delay the release so we can really fuck him off"

Quote[/b] ]coming onto these forums and whining like a 5 year old isnt exactly going to change that now, is it?

No, your right, that will not change anything.

But, we are consumers and members of a community. That why we have the RIGHT to be well informed ! Why Placebo dont just come on the forum and said that the game is not ready, or the game is ready, or the demo is going to be released that month... ect.

WHY ? help.gif

I'm not going to get my panties in a wad because I have to wait longer. Why worry? Gives the community more time to do stuff if some would stop using the excuse "waiting for armed assault" Tis better to have some things done in advance.

You're on fragile ground trying to claim you have any rights in terms of what BIS owe you and should tell you... they have every right to tell us as little or as much as they want, but i just think they're trying to hold their cards close to their chest and make sure the game is ready before trying to deffinatly comfirm everything - perhaps placebo himself doesnt know when things will be ready. He's just the PR guy, and can only tell us as much as the Spanel brothers tell him...

they havnt delayed anything yet though and Im not sure why you're claiming that they've said the game is ready and then isnt ready - if the german and czech publishers can push it out by november, then congratulations to them. The european publisher has a far larger market to work for, to market for and to distribute to, so needs far more time to do their job, hence the later release date... or as my best guess see's it.

what do i know, im just a gamer - release dates come and go and everything ends up being somewhat delayed... just bless your cotten socks that its hopefully not going to be an EA clone that gets pushed out every year full of bugs and generally shit.

You're on fragile ground trying to claim you have any rights in terms of what BIS owe you and should tell you... they have every right to tell us as little or as much as they want, but i just think they're trying to hold their cards close to their chest and make sure the game is ready before trying to deffinatly comfirm everything - perhaps placebo himself doesnt know when things will be ready. He's just the PR guy, and can only tell us as much as the Spanel brothers tell him...

they havnt delayed anything yet though and Im not sure why you're claiming that they've said the game is ready and then isnt ready - if the german and czech publishers can push it out by november, then congratulations to them. The european publisher has a far larger market to work for, to market for and to distribute to, so needs far more time to do their job, hence the later release date... or as my best guess see's it.

what do i know, im just a gamer - release dates come and go and everything ends up being somewhat delayed... just bless your cotten socks that its hopefully not going to be an EA clone that gets pushed out every year full of bugs and generally shit.

Sure they don't ow us anything.

But if they want success as the small company they are - they better act like one. You get far with simple customer support.

Quote[/b] ]ArmA: Armed Assault, published by 505 Games and developed by Bohemia Interactive, is scheduled for release on PC in first quarter 2007.

Good news, this means BIS will have some small extra time to further optimise and improve the game, i hope they use it well wink_o.gif .

Yes maybe by the time they release the game we will all have to buy new machines. They would probably have to go back to the drawing board as technology will have changed by 2020.

I may be slow to understand or something like this, but this delay is :

-Armed Assault is not finished and its estimated release is delayed to Q1 2007 minimum ?

-Armed Assault is mostly finished, but its estimated release -only for the country in which 505 publish the game- is delayed to Q1 2007 , while other publishers release it in their own country at the previously disclosed dates available in 1st post of this thread ?

could be nice to have some official statements about this.

With all due respect - if not for us - the customer, BIS would not be around. So yes they do owe us something for our continued support - like maybe a release date that they can stick to. If the PR guy doesnt know whats going on in the company then who does ?? Playing games (excuse the pun) with us is not the answer. If the game is ready, release a version via download or give us some indication as to what the hell is going on at BIS.

Its not that simple. You can set a date in stone and find out later that there is a bad bug or something of such nature. BIS has been rather generous,releasing reveiws and always having several images with them,yet the community is never happy. We want more images or videos or a demo. They will be ready to have the demo and the game ready when they are,maybe they found something thats real bad they need to fix,or maybe Sanctuary's second option is what it applies to. Not all places in the world get the same game in the same month,there is a 2 or so month difference usually. Some don't ever get the game in stores.

i'm a grown up

then act like one

there are more factors that go into a games release date than you obviously seem to gather... the publisher will have decided that release date based on when it thinks it can have everything ready by and the marketing done.... coming onto these forums and whining like a 5 year old isnt exactly going to change that now, is it?

do you really believe BIS woke up this morning, signed a contract and then said to 505 gaming:

"oh, by the way, we really have a thing against urbanwarrior and we'd really appreciate it if you could delay the release so we can really fuck him off"

you really are quite simple aren't you, whining like a 5 year old? do you really think it's out off order to be pissed off over that release date, we've been told for ages about release dates and how a demo is coming very soon and constantly there's nothing and this release date is just another example of it, i've seen delays before but this is just stupid. if they knew it wouldn't be released without a publisher then dont give out release dates untill you have a publisher. you talk about publishers as if you know them and what their proposals for marketing this game is, yet you know no more than anyone else! what i have stated is the way the majority of ppl feel, pissed off

Its not that simple. You can set a date in stone and find out later that there is a bad bug or something of such nature. BIS has been rather generous,releasing reveiws and always having several images with them,yet the community is never happy. We want more images or videos or a demo. They will be ready to have the demo and the game ready when they are,maybe they found something thats real bad they need to fix,or maybe Sanctuary's second option is what it applies to. Not all places in the world get the same game in the same month,there is a 2 or so month difference usually. Some don't ever get the game in stores.

Yupp, i can accept that... but dont be harsh to me, if i dont feel happy, because some people can play the game months earlier than me, just because of this. You know, the unbeatable envy...

Well actually this delay is not surpirsing becuase with it being a full european publisher they have to mass produce the disks and boxes and ship them off to there respected places and that could take a long time. so i guess early 2007 is the only option. smile_o.gif

you really are quite simple aren't you, whining like a 5 year old? do you really think it's out off order to be pissed off over that release date, we've been told for ages about release dates and how a demo is coming very soon and constantly there's nothing and this release date is just another example of it, i've seen delays before but this is just stupid. if they knew it wouldn't be released without a publisher then dont give out release dates untill you have a publisher. you talk about publishers as if you know them and what their proposals for marketing this game is, yet you know no more than anyone else! what i have stated is the way the majority of ppl feel, pissed of

me simple? you're claiming to be an adult yet you come onto a forum complaining when you know full well (or out of sheer ignorance choose to ignore it) that it achieves nothing but making you look like a whinging pratt.

no its not out of order to be pissed off... its out of order to be pissed off by something that you feel is 'owed' to you when it clearly isn't. In retrospect do you think that coca cola owe you a debt of gratitude because you paid 60 pence for that can of coke that week? BIS should be grateful that everyone bought the game and made it such a hit, but it was their hard work that made it a success, not your money... you've put no money into armed assault, no sweat and tears and time, so why do you suddenly think that BIS owes you everything? Very very very few developers and publishers stick to release dates, and those who do generaly churn out a shitty buggy version of a half arsed game.

sure a demo, some more news would be welcome, but life's a bitch and you've kinda got to deal with it. Not everything is as black and white as some as you seem to think. He is the PR guy, but like i said before he could sit and fob us off with lie after lie, or wait till his boses tell him something to tell us, and then relay that information... would you rather he make press release after press release of lies, or a few information heavy press releases that follow the truth and whats actually going on?

I havn't at once talked like i know anything about the publishing industry - all I've used, and what many of the people who moan here lack, is common sense that dictates that strangly enough a publisher cannot feasibly whack out a full release in the same time it takes you to add 2 and 2 (and i've allocated you quite some time)... it doesnt require an industry expert to work this out... it require a a meager bit of inteligence that my pet dog could muster if excited enough.

Europe is a very big market, and suprisingly much larger than germany or CZ, so a longer time to wait comes as no suprise to me, but clearly others - sancturary makes a very credible point and its deffinatly something that everyone here would like to know... I have a strange feeling that perhaps the german and CZ releases may fall back as well, but we'll see.

Quote[/b] ]what i have stated is the way the majority of ppl feel, pissed of

you are no spokesman for the people of this forum, and to consider yourself some sort of digital saviour of the masses makes you incredibly arogant and ignorant at the same time... if you want to go tar everyone with the same brush, go find a fettish club and some feathers wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well actually this delay is not surpirsing becuase with it being a full european publisher they have to mass produce the disks and boxes and ship them off to there respected places and that could take a long time. so i guess early 2007 is the only option.

Halleluja, someone see's the light biggrin_o.gif

You get far with simple customer support.

So they should release an unfinished game? rofl.gif

Really, there are only 2 options:

1. BIS releases a finished game with a delay

2. BIS releases an unfinished game full of bugs/missing features

Now what do you call good customer support? Hell, if BIS where money whores they would have released the game months ago, but instead they invest more money into this project so they deliver a good and properly finished game (Which can also be good for the sales ofcourse)

if i pay for a can of coke then yes i do expect coca cola to respect my custom, quite what that has to do with this i dont know. and yes you have talked like you know publishers personally and i quoted it in my last post. you can go on and on all you want about how i'm wrong and how BIS are gods and we should worship them because they're making a good game but your wrong, we'll all buy this game whenever it comes out (may be with our pensions) but that doesn't excuse treating the paying public like mushrooms. as for speaking for ppl on here, if you look back you'll see quite a few posts from ppl that are not pleased with release dates being given then just pushed back and back. and i would rather have one press release telling the truth that 100 press releases full of bollox. and for the record my money did make OFP a success, just like everyone elses money that made them countless millions.

Two small points before I remind people that flaming/flamebaiting aren't tolerated on these forums.

1. The release date announced by 505 today relates solely to the countries that they will be publishing in, the previously announced release dates are unchanged.

2. Publishers decide release dates, we have no input at all in such decisions, we're the developer, our job is simply to make the best damn game we can, that's what we're doing.

Now please, I understand how frustrating life can be at times, but remember these forums are here to serve everyone, impassioned arguing even if good intentioned is still arguing, it will still result in a ban from the forums, I really don't want that to have to become necessary for anyone.

1. The release date announced by 505 today relates solely to the countries that they will be publishing in, the previously announced release dates are unchanged.

Woosh, thats a relief for alot of people smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]quite what that has to do with this i dont know

well... neither do i... it was an attempt at making a real worl example, but kind of failed miserably.

Quote[/b] ]you can go on and on all you want about how i'm wrong and how BIS are gods and we should worship them because they're making a good game but your wrong

now there's a genius rebuttle if i've ever seen one!

Quote[/b] ]we'll all buy this game whenever it comes out

of course

Quote[/b] ]but that doesn't excuse treating the paying public like mushrooms

Quite an insane comparison, but i like the imagry... I dont quite see how you think BIS have treated us like mushrooms/mould/dirt/shit (take your pic) - I'd tend to see that the community has hyped up release dates and progress more, and that we're to blame for creating false expectations of something we have no knowledge of... BIS only released a temporary Q4 release date, and in germany and CZ they're still on target... missing that by Q1 isn't something to get so worked up about. its about average as the gaming industry goes if you consider all the other releases int he last 4 years and how many of them hit their projected release date on the nail... christ, I'd hate to know you when someone crashes into your car etc

Quote[/b] ]as for speaking for ppl on here, if you look back you'll see quite a few posts from ppl that are not pleased with release dates being given then just pushed back and back

and equally as many who dont care/glad that bis have more time etc... and i'll repeat that i dont see evidence of any release dates being pushed back and back... there was a projected release date of Q4 2006 - they say Q4 so that they have a 3 month window to hit - it should make you realise that it means they're not sure when they'll be done and that its a general/to be taken with a pinch of salt date, thats now been revised to Q1 2007... thats one change... not something to cry bloody murder about. Its like asking to meet someone at 8pm, and they turn up at 8:10pm... would you rip their heads off just as quickly?

Quote[/b] ] and i would rather have one press release telling the truth that 100 press releases full of bollox.

then sit back, relax, and welcome to the world of BIS PR tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]and for the record my money did make OFP a success

you're a drop in the ocean... insignificant in terms of the millions that was made.

[edit]

sorry placebo, you posted as I was typing but thanks a million for the statement !

Quote[/b] ]The release date announced by 505 today relates solely to the countries that they will be publishing in, the previously announced release dates are unchanged.

Thanks for the precision.

Well looks, games are a business, and if publisher X get the game out first then publisher X get a bigger cut of the pie. Its simple.

"Early bird gets the worm"

have the countries that 505 will publish to been mentioned yet? I've searched their site and the article that mentioned the deal, but couldnt find anything...

have the countries that 505 will publish to been mentioned yet? I've searched their site and the article that mentioned the deal, but couldnt find anything...

Their site said they publish in europe and australia, so i guess they will publish there, except for germany, The Czech Republic and russia huh.gif