Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Ok i've read about 15 pages and i've zoomed to the end. So i'm sorry if this has already been considered...

Has BIS considered releasing the game on steam?

Just a thought... I'm looking at X3 as an example of a released game which was recently added.

Oh yes... I vaguely remember seeing a few threads about Steam.

BIS said they'll distribute online somehow. Just how exactly wasn't named, it might be Steam, might be something else.

Welcome to the wonderful world of nailbiting.

Don't worry Scrub, I ain't got kids (that I know of), but I'm on the later side of 30 working with Models (human) and I get giddy over new mods  inlove.gif

When AA comes my life may collapse...

It's Christmastime in October..  At least that's what it feels like.  smile_o.gif

Am I the only one feeling a bit embarrased because I'm an older father of two, and I'm absolutely giddy about a video game?  tounge2.gif

(hope not)

I've just checked I'm 5 years older than you! ...Dito ...LOL!!  biggrin_o.gif

Well im 41 with 2 boys and im more excited then them to see a new game release, which they cannot understand and think im mad lol.

Glad to see I'm not alone. I'm 40 with 2 boys and a 'bogie' on the way. I've really enjoyed OFP and can;t waite for ArmA. thumbs-up.gif

Difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toy tounge2.gif

...hmmm not in this case...

LOL! ... Reminds me of an old advert for Yellow Pages here in UK. A young kid is desperately phoning around trying to locate a rare item for a model railway. Eventually he finds one using the Yellow Pages. When he's got it he rushes upstairs to the room in the attic where the model railway is, he then runs across to his dad and says ... "Happy Birthday Dad!"   rofl.gif

Roll on ArmA! ... There are a lot of dads waiting for you! ... LOL ... biggrin_o.gif

Roll on ArmA! ... There are a lot of dads waiting for you! ... LOL ... biggrin_o.gif

Yep, I'm 27 and have wife and 2 kids.

Guess some of us will never grow up. wink_o.gif At least that's what my wife thinks. smile_o.gif

So many of my OFP, soon to be ArmA brothers, are dads, etc. Ages 41, 30, 27, etc? I'm 60, a father of two, a grandfather of six, and a Vietnam Veteran. I am as anxious as any of you younger folks for the AMERICAN release of ArmA. I feel compelled to fly across the "pond" and visit BIS personally and relate to them that at least 100 Vietnam brothers in my area are waiting for ArmA release date information for the good old U. S. of A. Perhaps we will be last on the delivery schedule, but we will wait, after all the US Army taught us how to "HURRY UP, AND WAIT!" Is this the message being conveyed to the USA part of the OFP/ArmA community by BIS? If so, it don't mean nothin,' we'll wait. I just hope it comes out before we old Veterans croak! pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

kids so young should be band.gif LOL the game is a 16+ rating.. wow_o.gif

Instead of playing games at that age, go and get a GF and play football, climb in trees and avoid smoking! thats the way to live your life as a TEEN!!

Thanks for your input ironpadre! If it's OK for a 60 year old granddad of 6 to be happily clicking away at virtual enemies with the LMB then I'm sure everyone here now feels a lot better!  wink_o.gif  ... What's age got to do with anything anyhow? Old means wise not stupid!

Maybe we should all get back O/T though before a very young Placebo makes a contribution here!   tounge2.gif

60 years? Perfect! Me 51. I will play with 81 with extra large speakers and reaction enforced mouse ...

34 and a I have 6 year old girl, which reminds me has anybody made a Harry Potter mod for ofp yet?? ;-)

Maybe we should all get back O/T though before a very young Placebo makes a contribution here!   tounge2.gif

i expect he's on his way now.

... here he comes.....

....any time now....

............ pffffff, he must be an oldie :-)

sorry if this is old news:

Quote[/b] ]Negotiations for a UK publisher are ongoing and we anticipate an announcement shortly.

woohoo yay.gif

usually its the older gamers that feel "out of place" in forums. man do i feel awkward.  confused_o.gif (15)

Hehe, with all these 'oldies' around biggrin_o.gif I'm starting to feel very young. I am 24 years old... wink_o.gif

Instead of playing games at that age, go and get a GF and play football, climb in trees and avoid smoking! thats the way to live your life as a TEEN!!

I played games, didn't get a GF, play football or climb in trees and couldn't avoid smoking biggrin_o.gif now I'm nearly 21 and nothing's changed yay.gif so I'm kinda doomed eh? goodnight.gif

@Messiah: Where did you get that info? any chance the UK version being the version for rest of Europe?

From the new interview.

Quote[/b] ]sheep will tend to herd together but run away randomly when startled

All that and more! Good to hear!   smile_o.gif

Had to add: 'so if they're not firing at you it's quite possible that the enemy AI have decided that you're no great risk - how shameful!' tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Cheers to Placebo. Definitely one of the most informative intreviews for a long time smile_o.gif

Cheers to Placebo. Definitely one of the most informative intreviews for a long time smile_o.gif

agreed! the Demos being "MOST LIKELY" released prior to actual release sorta means they should be out this month or early november xmas_o.gif