Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

As I understand it a multiplayer demo was going to come out before the release date and a single player version once the game was out. can anyone confirm these details huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]-Will there be a demo?

Yes, two. First, we'll get a multiplayer demo, then short before release a singleplayer demo. Exact dates aren't specified as of now. They are planned to be released before the actual game.

From the FAQ wink_o.gif

i have a small question to ask here; granted im not swarthy to all these publisher/creator detail things but if BI is trying to find a publisher in the US and UK; why dont we, as a community, get together with other fellow countrymen; decide on a publisher that we feel would be best suited to bring the game to our land and then collectivly mass-email them. perhaps it might do nothing perhaps it might spike some interest, but its worth a shot.

i have a small question to ask here; granted im not swarthy to all these publisher/creator detail things but if BI is trying to find a publisher in the US and UK; why dont we, as a community, get together with other fellow countrymen; decide on a publisher that we feel would be best suited to bring the game to our land and then collectivly mass-email them. perhaps it might do nothing perhaps it might spike some interest, but its worth a shot.

Ubisoft!

get together with other fellow countrymen; decide on............

and so anouther great idea comes crashing down :-) yay.gif

edit: typo

Anyone ever heard of the saying no news is good news. Well in the case of the game been released in the Czech Republic in 5 weeks...and no news Of a United Kingdom release still. I would say in this case no news is bad news. Instead of BIS looking for all these publishers, i`m sure it would be less hassel for them if they had the game ready for online download, at the same time the Czech version is released. If somone can tell me why this is so hard to achieve then i`m all ears. I have looked forward to this game like anyone else and i don`t want to be playing it a month or 2 after anyone else.

Ubisoft!

Exactly. (Ubi is a good one for 'sim' based stuff) How would a publisher like it if there is an email that has a poll signed by thousands of people that said:

"Dear (publisher),

We thousands of players have a game we dearly love named Armed Assault by Bohemia Interactive Studios.  It is currently unsigned in much of the world, and we believe you would do the best job of bringing it to us and caring for the developer that made it. (if this is what BIS would even want)

Please contact them at your nearest convienience to review the latest build at blah blah blah, Prague, Czech."

*add 1000's of Signatures here*  

I'm sure it would be extremely rare, if not the first incedent of that happening.  Would it be worth a try even if it's no more than a publicity stunt by devoted (read: ArmA extremist/fanatical) fans?

I don`t belive your letter, email, will be any good. Thats why i mentioned the Online download option. Do you really think BIS have not tried to get a USA publisher? backed up with how many copys of OFP they sold (over 1.5 millon). So i don`t see how writing to a publisher is of to change anybodys mind... no matter how may names you get. Good luck on trying to get the 1 million names though that you will probably need for a start.

I see someone just had to say "UBI"....... crazy_o.gif. Have you not seen what a frikken mess they have made of Ghost Recon.....do you really want that to happen to ARMA....I sure hope not. UBI....just stay the HELL away from BI....got it...or I'll be comin for ya.... pistols.gif.

I see someone just had to say "UBI"....... crazy_o.gif. Have you not seen what a frikken mess they have made of Ghost Recon.....do you really want that to happen to ARMA....I sure hope not. UBI....just stay the HELL away from BI....got it...or I'll be comin for ya.... pistols.gif.

mess? really? ghost recon was one of the best selling games of 2006. whistle.gif

Ya...well I guess different strokes fer different folks...but I played GR for many years.....and then this piece of rubbish called GRAW comes out....unfinished to boot!!(still no dedicated server mode). UBI can go take a long walk off a very short peir...into shark infested water..... mad_o.gif. But then that is just MY opinion.....your mileage may vary....

Well, I know BIS has been working hard and doing all they can for a publisher.  Not at all saying they have been slacking.  I was thinking instead of BIS pulling, it might be a good thing to push a publisher a bit from OUR side.

As for Ubisoft, I never tried GRAW.  I do however play Silent Hunter III and Pacific fighters.  Both are examples of excellence in my book.  Besides, would a publisher at this stage say to the developer,'You need to spend more time dumbing down your product'?  Or would they say, 'stick it in a box and ship it out'?  It's pretty well done, I'd assume.

ah well, nothing works without agreement.

Edit: wrong 'soft'

There must be a reason why a big global publisher wont take this on, or is it they want to much of the pie from bohemia?

The game to me looks mint and i just sit here scratching my head trying to work out why no one wants to publish a game thats been made by people who brought us ofp.

Answers on a post card lol banghead.gif

yeh, its a goldmine waiting to be found. maybe BIS should go for a smaller yet global world PC game publisher. eg. Sega.

i dont know, but a DL b4 the actural CD being ship to my home is ok for me(i didnt mind paying the shipment)

just remember to send me the soundtrack and a T-shirt at the same time biggrin_o.gif

The reason that no big publisher wants to distribute Arma is because they're busy signing "quality" contracts for the 25 Sims sequels,20 NFS sequels and making another (put what number you wish here) LOTR games.

Other big shots in publishing are busy launching games for consoles since we all know that you can make any crappy-craptastic game and launch it there and somehow you still have profits.And no I don't have anything with the console gamers,just with the way distributors think these days and yea I know it's all about profit.

In all of this sometimes they remember that a pc market still exists and they happily throw at us a nice bone.....aaaa console port to chew at it.

So my opinion why Bohemia probabily didn't find any big publisher is because:

-the publisher wants to launch ArmA and two months after that 30 or more sequels must follow(you know,milking the cow dry)

-the publisher wants ArmA on all available platforms ps2,xbox,xbox360,ds,psp etc. since they think the pc market is not enough for high profits

-the publisher wants to launch ArmA and two months after that 30 or more sequels must follow(you know,milking the cow dry)

-the publisher wants ArmA on all available platforms ps2,xbox,xbox360,ds,psp etc. since they think the pc market is not enough for high profits

have to agree there. but still some smaller companies should see an opportunity to make a breakthrough with ArmA.

-the publisher wants to launch ArmA and two months after that 30 or more sequels must follow(you  know,milking the cow dry)

have to agree there. but still some smaller companies should see an opportunity to make a breakthrough with ArmA.

I must admit that I get a bit pissed off with the trend in game stores these days. Look around and what do you see ... Nintendo, Game Cube, Play Station, Play Station2, XBox, Xbox 360, etc. etc.  and in one tiny corner of the store there's a section no bigger than the average closet for PC Games! F**k me!

There's word that Microsoft’s new Vista platform and DX10 will (hopefully) start to reverse this trend, but time alone will tell!   sad_o.gif

agreed. i dont go to game shops much any more as i hate wading past all the console stuff to find pc games

agreed. i dont go to game shops much any more as i hate wading past all the console stuff to find pc games

hmm, in my local store the pc area is much larger than any other. confused_o.gif , guess it depends what shop and country.

Yeah not too mention as soon as u open the box, regardless if it's a screwed up game u take it up the ying yang, least thats what Gamstop here in US does, I think it's a pretty covient for them using a copout using copywrite laws as an excuse.

Yeah not too mention as soon as u open the box, regardless if it's a screwed up game u take it up the ying yang, least thats what Gamstop here in US does, I think it's a pretty covient for them using a  copout using copywrite laws as an excuse.

Good To See that one of the clans I am familiar with is interested in ARMA AGE 911 . I enjoyed playing with you folks in BF2 . Maybe I can find a spot in your clan for ARMA.

has it been confirmed online distribution is infact going to corrospond with store release dates?

I just recieved a reply from IDEA concerning ArmA's status in Australia (being from the Gold Coast, I'm very concered).

I´m glad to confirm we already have a publisher for Australia - unfortunetely I cannot confirm more details at the moment, but there will be an announcement very soon.

That was from IDEA Games marketing. So there you go. yay.gif