Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

yeah, although europe is a a rather large place - as long as it includes the UK then i'm happy

Quote[/b] ]ArmA: Armed Assault, published by 505 Games and developed by Bohemia Interactive, is scheduled for release on PC in first quarter 2007.

holy crap that struck me deep help.gif

I'm lucky I have my friend George Ballantine right next to me when I need him the most sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifall_coholic.gif

lol... well, remember that an online distribution is still on the cards, so if you dont want to wait for a box and manual, then that may still be an option.

I feel sorry for out friends over the atlantic though... still waiting on a publisher there confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ](Placebo)

Two small points before I remind people that flaming/flamebaiting aren't tolerated on these forums.

1. The release date announced by 505 today relates solely to the countries that they will be publishing in, the previously announced release dates are unchanged.

2. Publishers decide release dates, we have no input at all in such decisions, we're the developer, our job is simply to make the best damn game we can, that's what we're doing.

Now please, I understand how frustrating life can be at times, but remember these forums are here to serve everyone, impassioned arguing even if good intentioned is still arguing, it will still result in a ban from the forums, I really don't want that to have to become necessary for anyone.

This is aimed at everyone. If BIS just signed a deal with 505, then there has to be time set aside for advertisement and actual production. Thousands of boxes with manuals and such do NOT just appear overnight, unlike most of you brats ache for. All these silly arguements would never occur if some folks could just try to be realistic and look beyond the scope of what they can see with only their eyes.  This isn't meant to be a flame, but a slap in the friggen face so maybe some of y'all can wake up out of this "me me me" stupor.

Lastly, do NOT bitch at BIS for something that isn't their fault, ESPECIALLY when you don't understand the entire situation.  A lot of people were screaming as if the sky was falling until placebo said something. "Daddy" shouldn't have to come along and tell us how bad children we can be.

Think before you post, please...

- dRb

Its not that simple. You can set a date in stone and find out later that there is a bad bug or something of such nature. BIS has been rather generous,releasing reveiws and always having several images with them,yet the community is never happy. We want more images or videos or a demo. They will be ready to have the demo and the game ready when they are,maybe they found something thats real bad they need to fix,or maybe Sanctuary's second option is what it applies to. Not all places in the world get the same game in the same month,there is a 2 or so month difference usually. Some don't ever get the game in stores.

Yupp, i can accept that... but dont be harsh to me, if i dont feel happy, because some people can play the game months earlier than me, just because of this. You know, the unbeatable envy...

Hey guess what,I live in the US,we don't even have a publisher,we may not even get one yet and we might be the ones that get the game last,yet you don't see me feeling sorry for myself.

Quote[/b] ]quite what that has to do with this i dont know

well... neither do i... it was an attempt at making a real worl example, but kind of failed miserably.

Quote[/b] ]you can go on and on all you want about how i'm wrong and how BIS are gods and we should worship them because they're making a good game but your wrong

now there's a genius rebuttle if i've ever seen one!

Quote[/b] ]we'll all buy this game whenever it comes out

of course

Quote[/b] ]but that doesn't excuse treating the paying public like mushrooms

Quite an insane comparison, but i like the imagry... I dont quite see how you think BIS have treated us like mushrooms/mould/dirt/shit (take your pic) - I'd tend to see that the community has hyped up release dates and progress more, and that we're to blame for creating false expectations of something we have no knowledge of... BIS only released a temporary Q4 release date, and in germany and CZ they're still on target... missing that by Q1 isn't something to get so worked up about. its about average as the gaming industry goes if you consider all the other releases int he last 4 years and how many of them hit their projected release date on the nail... christ, I'd hate to know you when someone crashes into your car etc

Quote[/b] ]as for speaking for ppl on here, if you look back you'll see quite a few posts from ppl that are not pleased with release dates being given then just pushed back and back

and equally as many who dont care/glad that bis have more time etc... and i'll repeat that i dont see evidence of any release dates being pushed back and back... there was a projected release date of Q4 2006 - they say Q4 so that they have a 3 month window to hit - it should make you realise that it means they're not sure when they'll be done and that its a general/to be taken with a pinch of salt date, thats now been revised to Q1 2007... thats one change... not something to cry bloody murder about. Its like asking to meet someone at 8pm, and they turn up at 8:10pm... would you rip their heads off just as quickly?

Quote[/b] ] and i would rather have one press release telling the truth that 100 press releases full of bollox.

then sit back, relax, and welcome to the world of BIS PR  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]and for the record my money did make OFP a success

you're a drop in the ocean... insignificant in terms of the millions that was made.

[edit]

sorry placebo, you posted as I was typing but thanks a million for the statement !

UKF, please read posts in their entirety, and dont post parts of posts in order to misrepresent it, for example calling my money a drop in the ocean in comparison to what was made overall by the title, even though what i was stating is that sales and money makes games a success. sorry placebo but i was posting my opinion on the topic

Its not that simple. You can set a date in stone and find out later that there is a bad bug or something of such nature. BIS has been rather generous,releasing reveiws and always having several images with them,yet the community is never happy. We want more images or videos or a demo. They will be ready to have the demo and the game ready when they are,maybe they found something thats real bad they need to fix,or maybe Sanctuary's second option is what it applies to. Not all places in the world get the same game in the same month,there is a 2 or so month difference usually. Some don't ever get the game in stores.

Yupp, i can accept that... but dont be harsh to me, if i dont feel happy, because some people can play the game months earlier than me, just because of this. You know, the unbeatable envy...

Hey guess what,I live in the US,we don't even have a publisher,we may not even get one yet and we might be the ones that get the game last,yet you don't see me feeling sorry for myself.

The fact, wich mean you are in more worsten situation than me, mate, wont make me feel better. confused_o.gif

This is utterly ridiculous!

OPF fans are the most loyal I've ever seen offering their second limbs to help with everything and anything to expedite this products release. Sure we need patience to ensure we get a quality product but enough is enough. I wish I had a 10th of this kind of customer response and loyalty in my business.

If I were BIS I would offer a sincere apology and a guarenteed demo release at the very least...

Just my 2 cents banghead.gif

what is really interesting now...is the date that the online distribution will be released....if BIS is still going ahead with this one that is...

and tbh a small developer like BIS will benefit a lot, financialy wise, if there was an online distribution.

Now, it would have been nice if BIS could clarify that date

next month exatly this date ArmA will be released sadly not for us unless we are willing to travel far and wide tounge2.gif hehehe

I think in the end we are the only ones who are suffering. We have been waiting for BIS to get their act together for some time now. When was OFP 2 announced and then cancelled ?

Why can't BIS just get on with it and release it online for download for those who want to purchase it that way.

They expect our support and yet we get nothing in return. I am a die hard fan of OFP and have waited patiently but it is getting a bit rediculous. I suppose we may get this game in 2008 ? banghead.gif

You cannot tell me you don't agree ??

Living in this stupid continent we may only see it months after you guys. sad_o.gif:(

I imagine that releasing it online themselves could be counter productive to getting a good publishing deal.  That sort of thing may kill it in the eyes of a potential publisher.

next month exatly this date ArmA will be released sadly not for us unless we are willing to travel far and wide tounge2.gif hehehe

Maybe I'll just order ArmA online from Austria(I live in Hungary). smile_o.gif

i think everyone needs to calm down. sit back for a bit and have a nice cup of STFU.

-- my 2 cents.

Grats to BIS for finally getting an European Publisher!! smile_o.gif

if its possible I will buy an download version and buy another when its released on CD/DVD, just hope some of the danish stores are selling games from 505.

pistols.giffirefoxlover.gifwhistle.gif

Oh well. I will see about the language thing, and if it is released in Germany next month, I will just get it from there.

It could be bad for 505 though, because I bet all the hardcore fans will get theirs from countries where it will be released next month...

i think everyone needs to calm down. sit back for a bit and have a nice cup of STFU.

I might have agreed yesterday, but now I just feel I should GTFO and wake up in a ditch... still drunk and probably robbed and with only one kidney.

I've just spent half an hour catching up with this thread! ... LMAO ... what’s up with some of you?  rofl.gif

Europe and Australia have got a publisher at last .. that is fantastic news! So they may not release it until early next year! ... Play the demo, upgrade your PC, learn Spanish, find a GF, play something else, Just don't whinge about another tiny delay! Life is full of delays and disappointments and nothing EVER goes to plan!

Be positive: The longer it takes, the more goes in, the less bugs come out!

Moral: Be happy and be grateful, or take a plane to Africa and live the life of a child there for a few months!  whistle.gif

Be positive: The longer it takes, the more goes in, the less bugs come out!

and the less probable it is that I live another day crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Play the demo, upgrade your PC, learn Spanish, find a GF, play something else

what demo, with what money, I'm fine with finnish, english, swedish and german, with what face and I've already finished all the other good games or I'm totally stuck goodnight.gif

Oh well.  I will see about the language thing, and if it is released in Germany next month, I will just get it from there.

It could be bad for 505 though, because I bet all the hardcore fans will get theirs from countries where it will be released next month...

Then one question remain: will it be available in english language from november 10th? Or will the games released then only be in czech etc? Maybe it's been stated earlier, but then I've missed it.

Btw thanx Placebo for clearing things up smile_o.gif

Moral: Be happy and be grateful, or take a plane to Africa and live the life of a child there for a few months!  whistle.gif

Umm i live in Africa, South Africa and we will probably only get it here in 2020 sad_o.gif

Moral: Be happy and be grateful, or take a plane to Africa and live the life of a child there for a few months! whistle.gif

Umm i live in Africa, South Africa and we will probably only get it here in 2020 sad_o.gif

When i fly my C-130 down the runaway deliving much aid ill add a create of ArmA cds too inlove.gif

Hi there - I am not willing to wait until march 2007 to get my hands on ArmA if it is available next month in Poland and Germany for instance.

I don't understand why 505 would be so late compare to other countries.

505 should change their brand names for 404 ... I don't get it  huh.gif

I don't understand why 505 would be so late compare to otehr countries.

505 should change their brand names for 404 ... I don't get it huh.gif

Because they have to release game in more than 1 country.. many languages and large amount need to be produced + on top of that its first major PC game for them so they need to do it right. smile_o.gif

Hi there - I am not willing to wait until march 2007 to get my hands on ArmA if it is available next month in Poland and germany for instance.

I don't understand why 505 would be so late compare to otehr countries.

505 should change their brand names for 404 ... I don't get it huh.gif

you dont get it do you.. as stated already, with this being an EUROPEAN publisher it will take a while to make and distribute all ArmA boxes to all those many many shops in europe therefore the deley..