Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Chain of Command Unified Artillery 1.1

A battleship with the super large cannons would be sick to have for OFP. Very usefull and realistic since most maps are islands. It would be elite to call in arty strike with ships guns. Massive explosions... crazy_o.gif

Can I ask a question ?

Why is the Russian field gun the 130mm one way more powerful than the m109 paladin  or any of the 155mm.

The paladin seems way too weak I thought the 155mm was deadly if it hit 100meters near you.

I have to agree. The 130mm will send paladins flying 100 yards in the air. They are way too powerful right now. But they are a blast to use. I wish there was an addon for US field arty that looks as good as those. The 105mm howitzer looks like a stick figure.

how do i get the AI to fire on grid squares? i see the AI scripting but have no idea how to use it.

please help smile_o.gif

A battleship with the super large cannons ... realistic ... crazy_o.gif

What nations still operate battleships, did you say?

USA? ww2 Iowa class has been mothballed for a long while, such that they no longer have people capable of using it, it's based pretty much on manual labor, would be very expensive to reactivate. And are therefore (at least) scheduled for destruction from what I remember.

Battleships are a thing of the past, really. They are expensive, and naval guns are, as primary weapons, obsolete.

NGFS is still around, but we're talking about the like of single or paired, say, 76mm cannons.

So as for Battleships' naval gun fire support:

Realistic? Nah.

Cool? Definitely. Boom!

but the game was originally based in 1985 when the US still operated 2 battleships, Missouri and another that i forget the name.

...possible, I guess. I read BBs were reactivated for Vietnam, but I think I also read something about "iowa-class" being mothballed and remained like that for a very long while. And it has been a long while since Vietnam.

What I said holds for modern day, at least.

There's little way they are going to be reactivated now, that would be way too costly for any reason - so instead, they are scrapping them.

Somebody, on a forum, suggested putting new (nuclear?) propulsion in place and stick the thing full of VLS boxes. Not a bad idea in itself - except it is not very doable.

[*] this is something I experienced a long time ago, but as you're considering a new patch, I seize the opportunity to report it: I happen to use your DigiLink console in my MP missions, and players receiving messages get an error. It seems the bug is in \coc_ns\Network\fNRemoteCallR.sqf, and the fix I found is to replace :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call(call(_t select 1))

by a mere<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call(_t select 1) which works like a charm.

Bad Igor, baaad! wink_o.gif

Duh, that bad, really?

It was really only really a makeshift measure, but I do get the error message though, even in the default template mission (that on Malden with the laptop, tested on dedi server with other players). I have used that console a lot in missions, and getting the error all the time was annoying...

error.jpg

I won't do it again, I promise.

but the game was originally based in 1985 when the US still operated 2 battleships, Missouri and another that i forget the name.

US reactivated BB62 New Jersey in 1982, BB61 Iowa in 1984,BB63 Missouri in 1986 and finaly BB64 Wisconsin in 1988..

They are all decommisioned again

Apparently is Iowa still registered to the reserve fleet while the 3 others are museum ships

Iowa is here

http://www.google.com/maps?f=....178&t=k

Wisconsin

http://www.google.com/maps?f=....=k&om=1

Missouri

http://www.google.com/maps?f=....=k&om=1

New Jersey

http://www.google.com/maps?f=....iwloc=A

Yes thats what I ment, in 1985 they could have been used, to provide fire support for the troops on the island. How cool would that be. Thats something else then 155mm's!

I'm trying to use UA together with CSLA II, but the way I've been recomended don't work! The line below shows what I've written in the Destination field...

This works the otherway around strangely... huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]"E:\PC-Games\Operation Flashpoint\!CSLA_Start.exe" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@CoC

Does it have to be a battleship? Surely modern cannon-equipped frigates and destroyers currently provide fire support. In fact I think that's what one of the Australian frigates did in Operation Iraqi "Freedom".

Duh, that bad, really?

It was really only really a makeshift measure, but I do get the error message though, even in the default template mission (that on Malden with the laptop, tested on dedi server with other players). I have used that console a lot in missions, and getting the error all the time was annoying...

error.jpg

I won't do it again, I promise.

Yes pretty bad, that basically breaks NS. The reason for the fault may be that not all characters can be safely sent via the console, or that you are trying to send data that is not supported... or that there is desync. (the console example mission may be faulty, but not NS)

Believe me, the NS has very few bugs, it barely had any to start with, and that double call _t is certainly not a defect , otherwise hundreds of people would be complaining. smile_o.gif

Great work. We have this artillery on the GOL server have had some major good coops sitting on the ridge waiting for the arty here it comes okay town secure lets move on. rofl.gif

However im a bit stumped at the moment. Trying to make a mission with this online already made it but am having trouble getting the correct artillery and ammo types.

I would like (biggest basically) cant remember if its the 150mm or 155mm or even if either of those exists. Im a bit confused since i hear theres a 150mm howitzer but yet i cant find one i can find an M109 paladin and thats the biggest.

Then i would wish a nuke (Funny idea for a death match) anyway i tried adding one and im guessing i didnt have the right type of artillery unit so my game froze basically what is the correct artillery unit and names of the ammo i am looking for?

cheers.

I would like (biggest basically) cant remember if its the 150mm or 155mm or even if either of those exists. Im a bit confused since i hear theres a 150mm howitzer but yet i cant find one i can find an M109 paladin and thats the biggest.

150mm was used up to the end of WW2.. By for example germany,belgium and sweden.. Today the largest caliber is 155mm for western forces and 152mm for eastern forces.. China is reported to have fielded a 203mm SP gun lately tho..

There are some huge russian vehicle mounted mortars to..

So.. the M109 is the biggest... but the russian 130mm field gun produce the biggest boom's in game..

Okay thanks slightly cleared it up. tounge2.gif

Anyway so the M109 Paladin in COC is the biggest caliber so how can i fire the nukes with it tounge2.gif

Im currently looking at the classnames and there is the COC_Howi155Nuke but i thought the Howitzer is 105mm?

So anyway what can i add to the init line of the M109 Paladin to fire the Nukes?

Sorry for my stupidness im just a bit confused with all these different artillery types and class names and yeah... basicallu

Anyway cheers.

Hi there,

Ok CoC weapon names =

CoC_M252MortarTube, CoC_M270MLRSLauncher, CoC_Howi155, CoC_Howi105, CoC_Howi152, CoC_MG50

CoC Ammo types =

[155mm]

CoC_Howi155DF, CoC_Howi155HE, CoC_Howi155WP, CoC_Howi155ICM, CoC_Howi155Illum, CoC_Howi155DPICM, CoC_Howi155Smoke, CoC_Howi155Illum, CoC_Howi155Nuke, CoC_Howi155RAAMS, CoC_Howi155CLGP, CoC_Howi155SADARM

[Mortar]

CoC_mort81DF, CoC_mort81HE, CoC_mort81HEheavy, CoC_mort81WP, CoC_mort81smoke, CoC_mort81illum

[152mm]

CoC_Howi152DF, CoC_Howi152HE, CoC_Howi152WP, CoC_Howi152ICM, CoC_Howi152Illum, CoC_Howi152DPICM, CoC_Howi152Smoke, CoC_Howi152Illum, CoC_Howi152Nuke, CoC_Howi152RAAMS, CoC_Howi152CLGP

[105mm]

CoC_Howi105DF, CoC_Howi105HE, CoC_Howi105WP, CoC_Howi105ICM, CoC_Howi105Smoke, CoC_Howi105Illum

&

CoC_M270MLRSLauncher

And in the int field of the unit add this line, if you want the whole group to have that you will need to type it in every inti

this addmagazine CoC_Howi155Nuke or what ever mag you want. Hope that helps you.

snoops_213

It would be great if you guys at CoC could impliment the Non-Line-of-Sight Launch System (NLOS-LS) into OFP and/or Armed Assault.

Basically making a long range affordable single target missile for self guidance or laser guidance at seeking phase.

You could give the missile self-guidance for vehicle classes (air,sea, land, static), and laser guidance for soft and stationary targets (infantry, buildings, bridges.)

Looking forward to CoC team's and other people's view on this feasiblity for OFP and/or Armed Assault.

error.jpg

I also get the error... it's because of the DigiComms, anyone of CoC has a workaround/fix for the error? ... DigiComms Rock!!

My communications show up properly on my DigiComm btw, but whenever someone sends me a message... Most of the time the message appears within { } brackets... Maybe something wrong around there? biggrin_o.gif

Just wanted to take this moment to say Thanks for the UA, NS, DigiComms and Console... it's an Insane combo biggrin_o.gif

Ive tried many different things however cant get the East to use their artillery against the other side. (Players = West)

I have given them radios, added a COC obelsik and added arty units. If im east i can call arty in however AI dont do it them selves.

In older versions of COC i know AI could call in arty but can they in 1.1 cheers.

Ive tried many different things however cant get the East to use their artillery against the other side. (Players = West)

I have given them radios, added a COC obelsik and added arty units. If im east i can call arty in however AI dont do it them selves.

In older versions of COC i know AI could call in arty but can they in 1.1 cheers.

UA cant do it in any version without scripts running. The only way to get the enemy to firing automatically is if you put the radar vehicles on the map and they will detect any shells inflight then firing on the firing units (counterbattery fire). As for firing at enemy troops/armor then with out scripts they wont fire.

But i remember in the first UA then AI would try to call the assets then start fire missions at locations with soldiers in.

Ill try out the radar vehicles atleast.

Thanks.

But i remember in the first UA then AI would try to call the assets then start fire missions at locations with soldiers in.

Ill try out the radar vehicles atleast.

Thanks.

no they didnt...

then you used a script...

i think general barron made a script that made AI use UA...

or rather... the units you give the script init eventhandler to...

bot without scripts AI didnt call arty assets in UA 1.0 and dont do so in UA 1.1 either.

hell, imagine 50 AI units calling artillery on everything they spot... the player wouldnt have a chance in hell to either survive or call artillery himself...

every asset would just be busy or run out of ammo withing 5 minutes.