Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Chain of Command Unified Artillery 1.1

Thanks alot. Shall open the missions in the editor and see if i can get it too work.

Well ive just tried this in the editor and am kind of clueless as to what to do. Ive noticed the two triggers one checking when west are detected and gives off a position so i persume that must be the trigger so i copied it inot my mission and no arty came down on me.

Hello

Im having some trouble with the new version of UA, my mission ive been working on used 1.0, which did not use a 'mod' type clicker to start up UA, my mission uses FFUR, so I cant start of both, and the mission wont load up without the new UA mod ran. Going to find 1.0 again unless theres a way to get this to work with FFUR.

Great stuff btw, but if anyone knows how to get the new version to run with a mod like FFUR please lemme know.

UA 1.1 should work with FFUR without any problems...

just start both MOD folders (no problems since the UA 1.1 folder only contains addons and no config.cpp (or config.bin)

or simply move the addons from the UA 1.1 folder to the FFUR folder.

both ways will work...

and UA 1.1 is 100% compatible with UA 1.0 mission.... but you wont have the fancy "terminal" on the screen when calling indirect fire...

you will still have the old "action menu" thingy.... but i guess you have found that out already wink_o.gif

so... to make it clear...

start with BOTH mod folder

OR move the UA 1.1 addons to the FFUR folder....

both ways work.

Thank you for the reply the_shadow, although I dont know how I would start both mod's at the same time, as either one instantly initiates the game, could you tell me how I do that?

Mission uses ai to fire arty only, so the menu thing is no biggie.

well.... someone else has to answer that... myself i use a program wich alows me to choose wich mods i want to start with....

but normaly it would be to edit the properties of your shortcut (the ikon you use to start the game)

i guess you use the FFUR ikon....

Gotcha. Thanks for the help m8 wink_o.gif

Ok

I have another question.

I am going with version 1.0, just to keep things simple. I am desiring to get a very large radius area of indirect fire, and using only one mobile howitzer.

Ive looked at the the sheafs, but these involve apparently more than one arty unit. Simply put, Im wanting to have an arty unit fire at a target and have it place rounds within a 200 meter area around that target (randomly).

Is there a command function that will accomplish this?

Right now, ai will fire at the designated target, but rounds will land roughly within say 30 meters.

Tia

BCS is the mode you´re looking for...

basicaly BCS is a calculation on how to cover the biggest area with the number of shells you´re using...

ofcource, 1 gun covers a much smaller area then 2 or 4 guns..

so, if you want to cover a bigger area you should use more guns and BCS sheaf...

that will cover the biggest possible area around the target...

sorry for posting 2 times in a row, but i couldnt edit my post somehow... just got a grey square where i normally write the text.... mods maybe want to look into that....

anyway...

Special Ed

i would really like to test your mission when you feel it´s complete enough smile_o.gif

[edit] NOW it works to edit my previous post....

mods, feel free to join this posts to one if you´re able to do so...

Thanks. Ill see what I can dig up. Wanting to keep it to one arty peice for lag purposes and also to keep towns from being decimated in 5 min as the 'effect' of the artillery barrage is more for mission 'immersion', and town units will be advancing to engage other town units, so normally (aside from a few stray rounds) im trying to keep them intact.

Thanks again man

to start two or more mods.... use the ; in between them

for instance... my shortcuts ( I have about 26 of them now)

this is a copy and paste from one of my more regularly used ones

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@CoC;@ECP

here's another example

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=csla;@CoC

note that I have CoC arty with both of those

simply separate the different mod folder names with the semicolon... it will load 2 or more... just have to put them in the shortcut target

Gotcha. Thanks for that info WolfFlight, never really knew how people ran multiple mods at once, indeed now I know wink_o.gif

@the_shadow If and when the mission comes to the point of Beta testing, there will prolly be plenty an opportunity as I'm hoping Ofpec will still be offering Beta mission testing, its scale is comparable to CTI (just to warn u tounge2.gif) with already many script lines in the main mission engine.

Anyone know anything about using the Global variables that are listed in the coc arty manual, speaks of trajectory globals that affect accurracy, although I tried to change them from .3 to 100, so far ive seen little or no change in the area rounds are landing.

Sorry to dig this up.

Can someone tell me if/how I can remove the splash screen shield and text on mission start?

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to dig this up.

Can someone tell me if/how I can remove the splash screen shield and text on mission start?

Thanks.

I know its possible since ive done it before but I cant remember how to do it. I remember seeing it in the readme however - not sure which readme it was, i think it was a previous version readme.

Apologies for digging up an old thread, especially to ask what may have already been answered (I did check:) ).

Are the COC Tomahawks compatable with UA1.1? I haven't been able to get them to work. I tried placing the tomahawk launcher in the UA1.1template mission, no joy.

Many thanks.

Chops

Be sure you are using the latest version of CoC cruise missile, this latest one should be compatible with the COC arty pack 1.1, i remember having used it.

Any news on the new patch or further development on other vehicles.

Sry to dredge up an old thread but I'm kinda new to OFP and just started using UA.

first off I love it, but heres my prob. there should be a way to disable the voices that sound like there screaming at me every 10 to 15 sec. during a fire mission. Or at least a way to tone it down a bit. hopefully theres still someone out there still working on this as it really seems sweet.

Yep, they are annoyingly loud. You can either...

a) turn down all radio messages from options/audio

b) replace the sounds with dummy files in coc_arty.pbo/radio/

c) edit the output volumes in cfgRadio class of coc_arty.pbo/config.cpp

Hi! I downloaded this mod yesterday, but can´t figure how to use the artillery in editor mode. I have added an obelix on logic side, a forward observer and som mortars. When I hit use radio and if menu I get FED dialog error. What am I doing wrong? Could someone give me a step by step guide for a noob like myself? smile_o.gif I would love to make a OFP video with arty!

CoC_Arty that is.

I know this might not be a BIS bug, but I think this is the best place for it.

In 1.96, a CoC_Arty test mission works just fine. In 1.99, the same test mission does not work fine. Obelisk does not hoot & Radios cannot be picked up.

Simple test mission, place player, CoC obelisk, CoC MLRS & CoC radio down. In 1.99 the obelisk doesn't initialise.

Edited by DMarkwick

Are you sure you're placing the correct Obelisk?

Perhaps you are placing an empty Obelisk (or West/East). You need to place an Obelisk from the "Logic"-side.

In case this doesn't solve your problem, could you copy&paste your example mission.sqm?

Are you sure you're placing the correct Obelisk?

Perhaps you are placing an empty Obelisk (or West/East). You need to place an Obelisk from the "Logic"-side.

In case this doesn't solve your problem, could you copy&paste your example mission.sqm?

Well, all I can tell you is that the exact same mission works in 1.96, while it does not in 1.99. In fact I cannot get CoC_Arty to work at all in 1.99.

Test mission.

As you will see, it's about as basic a test as possible :) Radio is on the floor in front of you. In 1.96, after a couple of seconds CoC_Arty initialises and the obelisk hooter sounds, and you get an option to pick up the radio. In 1.99, nothing.

*edit*

Couple more details:

In the 1.96 test I get a message "Advanced fuzing failed" (whatever that means) and no message in 1.99. Also, in 1.99 I get some strange writing on the obelisk on it's north side. Don't seem to get that in 1.96.

Edited by DMarkwick