Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Chain of Command Unified Artillery 1.1

Lee_H._Oswald post - works fine etc. I notice a nuke in the picture!!

Now my memory is getting bad but I can't seem to get the nuke warhead Tomohawk to launch. I was able to in version 1 etc. I keep getting "Unable to authorise mission" message on the DED. Sounds like my rank is not high enuf

I look at logic settings etc, no luck. I even tried to convert the old mission which comes with original TH, still no luck

I am using WGL5 and COC1.1 with the updated tomohawk download.

I can launch conventional warheads on tomo's but not nukes. I have search the forums etc, including this thread with no luck. Any help appreciated

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Ciao Mazza:

"unable to authorize mission" may mean that you're firing within the minimum range of the weapon. Try a target a few KM away.

If that's not it, make sure you have ammunition (should be +NUKE in the ammunition indicator).

Finally, it could be a failure of the pathfinding routine to plot a safe path to target. Try switching to "high priority" to achieve a more aggressive flight path.

Dinger thanks for your help

I have been trying to launch phantom warheads.  DOH

I never took notice of the +/- symbols.  

Also thanks for the mod, lots of enjoyment smile_o.gif

FYI: Only the TAC were +ive

Yeah TAC = Nuke. The Nuclear launcher only has TAC shells by default (you can add conventional warheads using addmagazine)

Would it be possible to stuff a ammotruck with 155 HE shells? And so have a ammo truck that can resuply my arty group?

I run out of shells allot! thumbs-up.gif

Manhunter -- I'm not sure, but an ammo truck will probably resupply a UA unit without difficulty. Heck, it may even be completely automatic.

Otherwise, you can just script an addmagazine with what you want.

As for converting units to UA 1.1, it's basically like 1.0, except that in the root directory there are two more entries:

avails.sqf

and

magazines.sqf

entries are the same as for the other UA root .sqfs.

avails gives the options on the FED, and _should_ look something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[[6, [1,24]], [0,["I/E", "I/A"]], [0,["FWR", "AMC", "TOT"]], [0,["PARL"]], [0,["HA"]], [3, [3, 60]], [0, ["1 GUN", "2 GUNS", "CNT IL", "CRD IL"]]]

each entry is [DEFAULT, [RANGE]]

where RANGE is numeric for Rounds IE and Interval, and a series of Strings for everything else.

the order of entries is:

RoundsIE

Missions

MethodofControl

Distribution

Trajectory

Interval

Adjust Mode

magazines.sqf has an entry for each magazine carried by each weapon type, and an entry looks like:

["CoC_Howi155WP", "WP", 3, -.3, 20000, [[.7, .7, .5, .8, .8], [.7, .6], 1]]

"Magazine Config Name", "Display Name", FUZES, BurstHeight/Time, Max Range, [Effectiveness Params]

FUZES = 32= sensor, 16 = delay, 8 = "smoke", 4=VT, 2=Time, 1=PD

(so 3 = PD + Time)

BurstHeight/Time: Positive number = height in meters to fuze (ideal), Negative Number: time (seconds) before (ideal) impact to fuze.

Max Range = meters

EFfectiveness params:

Target Type, Protection Type, Effectiveness Coefficient

Target Type:

how good the given shell is (1=best, 0=never use) against a given target type

[iNFANTRY, SOFT, ARMOR, ARTILLERY, STRUCTURE]

Protection Type

(1=best, 0=never use)

[iN OPEN, IN COVER]

Effectiveness Coefficient: how one round of the given ordnance stacks up against one round of 155mm

To use the fuzing, you need to copy the call to fuze.sqs as it appears in the EH_Fired calls. You'll also need to load (on all clients) a function to handle the fuze effects. The function must be named: AmmoType+fuze (e.g., CoC_HE155Fuze). If you use the SENSOR fuze, you also need a "Guide" function (CoC_SADARM155Guide) to handle the shell in flight.

that's it.

I sorry, but I just don't understand how the hell to use those cobra units.. the mind boggles. banghead.gif

How to use Cobra units:

A. Put cobra on map

If any bad guys fire at a target within 1 km of the cobra location, it will call counter-battery fire on the firing unit. It's automatic.

..I feel so stupid icon_rolleyes.gif

Ah well, great work on the stuff anyway, CoC has never dissapointed. smile_o.gif

How to use Cobra units:

A. Put cobra on map

If any bad guys fire at a target within 1 km of the cobra location, it will call counter-battery fire on the firing unit. It's automatic.

Is there a way to change that 1km in the mission? On a per-unit basis or on a per-mission basis? (Can it be changed mid-mission?)

There is another truck that seems similar, I don't remember the name... A-something? ...and having both I think it once stuck two fire missions at the same m109 group reacting to some artillery fire. (Actually, reacting to enemy CB fire...)

And an occasion when I had taken it out (tomahawk exploding within 10m lateral distance, no less) and took some artillery to blow up the rest, I went into an artillery piece nearby to blow up the rest. The first shot got me the "responding" message. That debug message shouldn't be there in the first place, I would think, but the thing was friggin laying burned out, upside down. I don't think there was a whole lot to respond by then though.

I've got one screenshot of an error message; transcribing it:

MTO

sidechat ERROR FUZE 0 NOT SUPPORTED BY TYPE (_fusesupp scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef, _fuzetypes [false,false,false,false,false,false])

sidechat Debug Error: NONE

_maxmagrange = _mag select 4|#| Error select: Type String, expected array.

What's that all about?

As part of one mission, I sniped an enemy m46, and the rest of the guys evacuated theirs. A smart move I guess, except they remain standing around at "safe".

Also, I've had problems in the main menu, with the selection locking to a nonexistent entry. I believe this is related to deleting closed move orders, but I'm not sure. I'll try figure out a bit more.

banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Well done though, I love what does work... and will love the rest too, when fixed. inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to change that 1km in the mission? On a per-unit basis or on a per-mission basis? (Can it be changed mid-mission?)

I think this is in the addon pbo as a hard variable. I'll check though -- we may have left it open.

Otherwise, you can play with tacfire.sqs to get the results you need. I'll post on that.

Quote[/b] ]

There is another truck that seems similar, I don't remember the name... A-something? ...and having both I think it once stuck two fire missions at the same m109 group reacting to some artillery fire. (Actually, reacting to enemy CB fire...)

And an occasion when I had taken it out (tomahawk exploding within 10m lateral distance, no less) and took some artillery to blow up the rest, I went into an artillery piece nearby to blow up the rest. The first shot got me the "responding" message. That debug message shouldn't be there in the first place, I would think, but the thing was friggin laying burned out, upside down. I don't think there was a whole lot to respond by then though.

the SFP ARTHUR is another COBRA unit.

A COBRA unit will transmit a fire mission when it detects incoming rounds. It won't care about BDA. If all suitable assets are busy, the COBRA (actually tacfire.sqs) will stack the mission for when it's free.

So if you fire into a den of COBRAs, they're all gonna order a response. The script is super-simple.

The debug messages should be removed in the next build.

Quote[/b] ]

I've got one screenshot of an error message; transcribing it:

MTO

sidechat ERROR FUZE 0 NOT SUPPORTED BY TYPE (_fusesupp scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef, _fuzetypes [false,false,false,false,false,false])

sidechat Debug Error: NONE

_maxmagrange = _mag select 4|#| Error select: Type String, expected array.

What's that all about?

The first one means the selected ammunition type is not available. This has been removed in the next build. (UA 111)

The second probably means that one of the units (such as the russian towed howitzers) has a bug in the magazines.sqf file (array not up to spec). That should be fixed too.

Quote[/b] ]

As part of one mission, I sniped an enemy m46, and the rest of the guys evacuated theirs. A smart move I guess, except they remain standing around at "safe".

UA artillerymen don't fair too well in face-to-face contact. Sometimes we keep them on careless so they point the barrels in the right direction. Sometimes that doesn't do to well.

Quote[/b] ]

Also, I've had problems in the main menu, with the selection locking to a nonexistent entry. I believe this is related to deleting closed move orders, but I'm not sure. I'll try figure out a bit more.

Please do, this one is new to me! smile_o.gif

Hi Dinger,

let me congratulate you on a job well done. I've only recently had the opportunity to see UA in action; it was on the Zeus server last thursday. We were assaulting a beach, and as soon as we had landed we came under enemy fire from a hill. We requested arty support from our spotter. I can't tell you how cool it was to hear "SPLASH" over TS and watch that hill turn into a smouldering pit of death smile_o.gif The sounds, the smoke... Great stuff, this is what gives me that visceral feel when playing OFP!

This Addon rocks I kinda wish that the US military and Russian troops had bigger artillery. Something like this us m110 artillery

Imagine the Huge shockwaves from the 203mm shells hitting smile_o.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/M110.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M110_howitzer yay.gif

ROC mod had one IIRC. Maybe someone can convert it for COC UA.

Quote[/b] ]

Please do, this one is new to me! smile_o.gif

How to recognize when it has happened:

Clicking a list entry has it "blink" before the highlighting moves back to the first row. However, only the new mission button is selectable.

You can call new missions, but you must then have them go all the way to closed on their own.

I can't reproduce it, although it happened 3 times yesterday, I think I did the same thing all three times, but I just can't remember what it was. At least the first time I was rapidly deleting old closed missions so as to keep them from cluttering up the screen. I suspect it was a matter of what I deleted, because it happened the second time when I did the same but slowed down.

(First time I thought it could have been trying to delete something already deleted, by being too fast. Not so, obviously.)

It just might be a FO(infantry)+FOV(vehicle) problem - though I find that very unlikely. (then again, your code was a mess?) I had another, where it later on stopped giving me the "use radio" action after a while. (So I replaced it) Then again, that kind of thing always had problems. (Did you ever try having the 1.0 FO step into the commander position of a tank with that logic active?)

I cannot say with 100% certainty that it's always closed missions causing it - I may have been a bit too active sometimes. It would seem more probable to have side effects if it wasn't actually closed; but I rather sure it was.

More:

"CoC_IFMinRange" SetMarkerSize [(.......))] # ; "CoC_IFMaxRa

(call code included)

No idea what the error message itself was. The screenshot is from the FED main menu, with the last mission, M109 closed, selected. I don't remember the incident itself.

Same screenshot has this error:

003:RUN CLSD@Ge61 scalar bool array string nothing 0xfcffff

(I think maybe it was the time when the mortar squad was annihilated by CB fire?)

Finishing for now, I had this error with a m109 tac mission:

'_text = (_this select 0) select (_this select 1)#': Error zero divisor

I can send the mission, along with simple instructions that turns it into what should be similar enough to when the mainmenulockup happened.

Btw:

A. Place a CoC_Radio on the map.

A big delay before it's available, and not good for respawning...

B. Place a UA Forward Observer on the map.

I want things like the mine-clearing abilities of the engineer, etc. Or the dressup of a sniper.

C. Use third-party radio weapons, and the UA game logic “Enable Radio Weapons”

I also want to use a laser, so this one's out. (Can someone else provide laser services in a MP game?)

D. Use the Forward Observation Vehicle

Ummm... no.

E. Any object that calls “[unit to add to, player] exec "CoC_Arty\scripts\openmenu.sqs”

Which gives the old action menu interface, in a non-working fashion.

F. AI scripting

So, what variant of E allows the use of the FED?

Can I ask a question ?

Why is the Russian field gun the 130mm one way more powerful than the m109 paladin or any of the 155mm.

The paladin seems way too weak I thought the 155mm was deadly if it hit 100meters near you.

I'd say it's deadly at least 40-50m away in HE/VT (airburst) mode.

two things I've noticed (besides the manl/auto-end thing I mentioned before)

when I call for fire from a Paladin platoon they get on line, raise their guns and then the leader starts driving around as they start to fire and he fires as he drives around aimlessly... it's odd... never happened in 1.0

another thing was my initial test of conventional Tomahawks online with one other player, an error "-Maglist...something something" appeared and the conventional warhead Tomahawks didn't appear on the Assets List to either of us...

anyone else experience these?

can I use the UA 1.1 with a BIS Man or something else, when I use the Init Line ? sorry for my bad english !

Was about to ask the same.

Having some serious problems getting FO to work using the "E" method from the readme.

Quote[/b] ]Any object that calls “[unit to add to, player] exec \CoC_Arty\scripts\openmenu.sqsâ€

Tried various alterations, added in init line, init.sqs, description.ext but nothing worked. Think im just too banghead.gif

Maybe a little chance for an update to include HAW_prc25?

Dinger should be back in the next days. just a bit more of patience. smile_o.gif

Hello -

I'm not sure this is exactly what you want, but you can attach the "IF Menu" action to any object with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addaction ["IF Menu", "\CoC_Arty\scripts\menu.sqs"]

As to the Laser Designator, put in the init line of your soldier carrying the LD the exact same line as in the tut':

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if ({_x in [_x]} count [CoCIFFOI]>0) then {CoCIFFOI = CoCIFFOI + 1} else {CoCIFFOI = 0}; player call format [{CoCIFFO%1 = _this}, CoCIFFOI]

You should also create a trigger set on "anybody", repeatedly", covering the map, and called coc_detectlaser.

i have some addons (m110.battleship)

and i wonder if its possible to make them work with coc..

??

so we finaly get some sea barrge.

itzhak