Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Chain of Command Unified Artillery 1.1

I'm having problems with this addon also.  The FED never has appeared. Still looks like the old method.  I get a message saying  that there is a problem with advanced fuzing.  

CTD all the time when I try a prebuild mission.

I also tried a fresh install of OFP with the same results.

"Cannot find FED" or something like that.

I had this problem too, then i figured how to solve it.

Whatever mission you're using it on, save it(as a user mission) and either copy the description.ext from the UA Template into the folder of your mission that you saved or if you already have an existing description.ext put this at the very bottom of it

#include <CoC_FED\FED.hpp>

And then save it then load up your mission in the editor and have fun smile_o.gif

Hi ZrednC

To help us solve your problem.

Are you starting OFP with the shortcut "Unified_Artillery" supplied with the addon? It should be on your desktop.

Are you using any other addons?

Please start with the pre-made mission "Laser Tutorial" it is in "The Chain of Command" section of missions. Does it run? Can you see the FED?

Kind Regards Walker

Sorry to be off topic here but I just had to say Thanks. This is, without a doubt, the best game that has ever been made. Period. The UA mod is a prime example of what it is capable of. Amazing piece of work guys...bravo! It is beyond me how Ofp never quite got the recognition it deserved. There has yet to be a game developed that offers the degree of freedome that it offers. To this day I still have moments when I say to myself...."holy shit that was cool!" while playing. No other game can do that....and how old is this?

Anyways...thanks again for the great mod. YOU GUYS ROCK!

didn't see it yet so it may just be me sad_o.gif

the AUTO-END option doesnt seem to work for me... it's on by default and I cant turn it off so all my fire missions end after one barrage.

when I click on AUTO-END on the Fire Mission menu the Fuzing Menu pops up and any selection made affects the fuze settings.

Tried it with the Paladin, M101's and M252's so far...

is it working with you guys?

no ammo? why that dirty, rotten...

uh, try:

this addmagazine "CoC_Howi152HE" for starters

Illum's busted, huh? Well, if that's the case (confirmation?), I have a backup system I'll drop in there.

tried this again and the 152 are still without ammo. I included the add magazine line and it did nothing.

Also when I start missions with the msta I always get a

wglevents/destroyedfx/init.sqf not found error.

ILLUM is definitely busted. Everything was fine until the shell lit up and then OFP froze for 15-20 seconds and CTD'd with an "Out of reserved memory" error. This was in the UA 1.1 Demonstration mission (or whichever has 4xT-72 and the M113).

At least the Tomahawks work now - thanks smile_o.gif

Uncle Reiben: Thank you. There was indeed a problem there, and one that was easily fixed. AUTO-END and MANL-END will work in the next version.

gunterlund: I am also seeing the missing init.sqf in the events on the 2S19.

also, tutorial missions 4 and 6 have a bug in the description.ext (#include in the wrong place, or are missing semicolons for the first two lines), and will cause a CTD until it gets fixed. Tutorial mission 5 works but generates an error because of an addon that didn't get mentioned in the mission.sqm file.

On the other hand, ammunition for me works fine on the 2s19, and illumination rounds also function. Again, if you have a mission where this is broken, I'd like to see it. I can't fix what I can't find.

Unless I'm mistaken, the "Out of reserved memory" error means that you've succeeded, even with -nomap, to break the upper limit of what OFP can support. UA 1.1 uses something like 30-40 megs of pbos. Mix in a full conversion mod such as WGL or FFUR, and you have very little space left.

So if you are getting the "out of memory" error, I can't help you. I can only suggest reducing the number of addons.

I have seen the "out of memory" error, but only intermittenly, and not obviously in relation to anything I'm doing. Since other people are encountering it at about the same time without UA installed, I have to figure it's not specifically UA that's causing it.

I'm using 1.69GB of 3rd part addons including UA And I rarely get a out of reserved memory message (Heck, i don't even think I've gotten on yet or if i have it was just the one)

Though that 1.69GB of addons is well spread throughout 10 mod folders.

I'll take a look on that mission and see if i can get ofp to crash in it, if not, its a local problem and not one the UA team could fix

ILLUM is definitely busted. Everything was fine until the shell lit up and then OFP froze for 15-20 seconds and CTD'd with an "Out of reserved memory" error.

The ILLUM works for me, atleast when fired from a M109.. AMOS Fired ones just seems to produced alot of airburst..

Dunno if the STRIX works as it should.. mine seems just to be same as unguided HE.

Just a note.

ADVANCED FUZING FAILED = UA 1.0 mission not converted to UA 1.1. That means you won't see the fancy effects, nor will the dialog work.

To fix this, delete the old (WEST or EAST) obelisk, and place a new (LOGIC) obelisk on the map. Sorry -- the obelisk has to be side logic. We could find no satisfactory way around this in the current OFP engine.

The DIALOG needs the description.ext call, and an enable logic. Otherwise, you're looking at the old menu system.

The "Out of Reserved Memory" can also be the memory that addons use while running. UA does have some overhead, but we haven't encountered this message until recently (=the current batch of full conversion mods). We use a series of global variables to control a lot of features, and we load a few functions into memory (but most of the "memory" functions are one line pointers to .sqf files). If some third-party mod is eating memory, we'll have problems working together.

EDIT: Without terminal triggers on the map (you can copy them off the included template), STRIX (and copperhead and SADARM) operate in a "Degraded Guidance Mode". In other words, they have trouble finding targets (but do find them on time).

Fist I would like to thanks for an amazing addon. Second I would like to propose some improvements and last a few questions.

Improvements - make it as one addon like the ver. 1.0 and not as a mod. Include the TOS-1 from DKM as a counter MLRS to the M270.  Include this 82mm mortar as counter mortar for the M252 (In spite of the pictures this is actually an eastside addon). Include the 2S1 whics is allready converted by snoops_123. Incooperate a towing script for the towed howitzers. One was made by Mad Rabbit (Can be read about at CoCs forum under "Ask The Team"). Use russian speech for the eastside fire requests (Pretty sure the Speznaz Mode etc. would be pleased to help). Also assign teh eastside artillery in groups like the western

Questions - since this version is made as a mode how do I ues it with my favorit mod - the CSLA II?.

At last - a bugreport! When I try the eastside M55 howitzer I get stuck after plotting the targetarea - gives me no firingoption.

thumbs-up.gif

Hi All

Just to reiterate what Dinger said.

If you are creating missions please use the Template (as it states in the readme) it is in your users folder under a user CoC it is called UA11Template.Intro

You then have several options.

If you are creating new misions:

In windows copy UA11Template.intro and rename it to the name of you new mission. Reset it to the name of the island Eden or .Abel or .Noe etc.

If you are editing an old mission that you want to add UA to and that have never had UA in them:

FIRST MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL MISSION!

In windows in the mission folder Either add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#include <CoC_FED\FED.hpp> to the existing

Descrption.ext

OR

If no description.ext is in the mission folder copy the one in UA11Template.intro to it.

For the mission.sqm

You may in the OFP editor simply be able to merge the template with your mission.

For the the more technical of you out there. In windows copy the required sections of UA11Template.into/mission.sqm to your oldmission.whateverisland/mission.sqm.

Kind Regards Walker

Questions - since this version is made as a mode how do I ues it with my favorit mod - the CSLA II?.

Hi Major Woody

On your desktop copy and paste the "Unified_Artillery" shortcut.

You now have a shortcut named "Copy of Unified_Artillery"

Rename it to CSLA_&_UA.

Right click it and select properties

In the target box it will say

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@CoC

add the name of your CSLA Mod folder so it looks something like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@CoC;CSLA

Click apply and OK

Use this new shortcut to start CSLA with UA.

This is the same process you use for combining any other mods.

UA has been optimised to use with the WGL mod and I highly reccomend creating a WGL_&_UA short cut

The WGL5 has been bridged with extra realy good effects that interface with UA  smile_o.gif

In the target you would want something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@CoC;@wgl5

Kind Regards Walker

Okay, known (= confirmed) problems (fixed = fixed in next patch):

2s19 "wglevents" error message: fixed

M252 "in adjust" errors/won't fire: fixed

Tutorials 4 and 6 CTD: fixed

"AUTO-END" FED button leads to change fuze type: fixed

"ADM" message when calling fire on M101s: Fixed

"FUZING ONLINE" for Cruise Missile Torpedos: Fixed

Cruise Missiles stuck at Init: Fixed, download available

Debug field on Smoke shells: open (gotta find which units and stuff)

Thanks for your help

Dinger

Very nice. I managed to fix the effects problem, I think. (all the effects work nice, except the WP doesnt reach high into the air, only did one attempt though, will try to do more)

So apprently the FED thing requires you to copy some file into your mission folder? Have to say thats a shame, since I normally just make scratch missions in the editor and play them as I go. I suppose it doesn't bother me without the FED dialog, I can always use the old method, even if its less realistic. Well thanks for the suggestions, Im loving the HE effects, they are much better than I have seen even in other newer games. You guys did a good job with all of it. Keep up the good work!

Hi there, its me again calling for Help!

Im trying to call arty fires from scripts, Im trying to use the Callfire.sqlf command, just like that:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[palalead, [aimpoint]] call CoCfIFCallFire

Palalead is the name of my battery leader, aimpoint is the name of the logic im using as an aimpoint

Because im the most unlucky guy (or maybe the most stupid, as you want) of this fora, its not working, instead the debug give me this : "scalar |#| bool array string 0x07'somthing' error unkown operator bool"

Can anyone help me?

I'm pretty sure the aimpoint should be a position.

Try :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[palalead, [getpos aimpoint]] call CoCfIFCallFire

Okay, known (= confirmed) problems (fixed = fixed in next patch):

2s19 "wglevents" error message: fixed

M252 "in adjust" errors/won't fire: fixed

Tutorials 4 and 6 CTD: fixed

"AUTO-END" FED button leads to change fuze type: fixed

"ADM" message when calling fire on M101s: Fixed

"FUZING ONLINE" for Cruise Missile Torpedos: Fixed

Cruise Missiles stuck at Init: Fixed, download available

Debug field on Smoke shells: open (gotta find which units and stuff)

Thanks for your help

Dinger

also to add to your list

When you select I/A instead of I/E with any model you get a divide zero error I believe

Fist I would like to thanks for an amazing addon. Second I would like to propose some improvements and last a few questions.

Improvements - make it as one addon like the ver. 1.0 and not as a mod. Include the TOS-1 from DKM as a counter MLRS to the M270.  Include this 82mm mortar as counter mortar for the M252 (In spite of the pictures this is actually an eastside addon). Include the 2S1 whics is allready converted by snoops_123. Incooperate a towing script for the towed howitzers. One was made by Mad Rabbit (Can be read about at CoCs forum under "Ask The Team"). Use russian speech for the eastside fire requests (Pretty sure the Speznaz Mode etc. would be pleased to help). Also assign teh eastside artillery in groups like the western

At last - a bugreport! When I try the eastside M55 howitzer I get stuck after plotting the targetarea - gives me no firingoption.

thumbs-up.gif

HI there, i will work on the 2s3 after i have done the 109s and the TOS-1.

However, as fore TOS-1 being MRLS equiverlant, that wont work, MRLS has a range of 40Km or where TOS-1 has 3.5Km but will be done anyway

no ammo? why that dirty, rotten...

uh, try:

this addmagazine "CoC_Howi152HE" for starters

Illum's busted, huh? Well, if that's the case (confirmation?), I have a backup system I'll drop in there.

tried this again and the 152 are still without ammo. I included the add magazine line and it did nothing.

Also when I start missions with the msta I always get a

wglevents/destroyedfx/init.sqf not found error.

Example of a mission with 152mm how and no ammo.

no ammo

being able to give priorities to move missions would be very nice. Eg, you have done a

1)Normal, Fire Mission

2)Normal, Fire Mission

3)Normal, Fire Mission

4)Plan, Move Mission

in the middle of the first fire mission, you realise the enemy has a counter battery system, and just change the move mission priority to high, rather than, cancel the first 3.

Ok guys I have a problem due to ultimate stupidity on my behalf...

The sollution would be If somebody would be so uber kind as to transfer the COC UA tutorial missions and normal missions to MAPFACT Nogova, instead of the normal Nogova... confused_o.gif

Could somebody PLEASE! do that for me?

I kinda "lost" Nogova regular banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Other sollution I cannot write down here! thumbs-up.gif

Hi manhunter09

Back up your existing OFP Folder and just reinstall Res would do it. It is on your CD.

The easiest way to transfer a mission from one map to another is to change the extension name.

If the the mission is a de-pbo-ed editor mission; change Somemission.Abel to Somemission.Noe

I must admit I have never done this with a Pbo-ed mission but this may work. So change Somemission.Abel.pbo to Somemission.Noe.pbo

I do not know what the mapfact nogova extension is but you have it so you should.

Kind Regards Walker