Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Chain of Command Unified Artillery 1.1

Hi

I have the same prob with the tomahawks!

Ua 1.1 is great but without the tomahawks it is a little bit ... firefoxlover.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

its not what you think , but i would like to have the tomahawk work please fix it !! help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.giffirefoxlover.gif

its not what you think , but i would like to have the tomahawk work please fix it !! help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.giffirefoxlover.gif

they are working on the Tomahawks, be patient, it´s a complex addon.

hi,

A first-class and professional Addon. Unbelievable contents notworthy.gif

Thanks to the whole CoC team for this work thumbs-up.gif

bye

silola

Yeah, exactly. Give me till tomorrow, at least.

I gotta look at the tomahawk. Since it's working on my machine, that means that we updated it for UA 1.1 sometime before our repository went South of Heaven. So it should be just a matter of putting up the required files.

In the meantime, feel free to get accommodated with the other improvements to UA, and to note the other bugs we never got around to fixing.

Overall awesome work!!!  However it is perhaps not the most user friendly for beginners.  In other words its not "plug n' play" as you have to read the files that come with it very carefully.  Still not a big deal. But it must suck getting all the "My UA doesn't work) messages over and over.

Oh, also maybe I missed it (I'm pretty sure I read all the files), but I believe its also missing in the PDF with the nice little extra stuff about how to get the AI to use it (that was in the first UA release).   For me thats important in missions where I just want the AI to be firing the artillery (and me not worrying about it except trying not to get hit by it and destroying enemy arty guns).

One NICE surprise that I also didn't see in the readme's (maybe again I missed something), was the counter-battery system.

Just for the hell of it, I added a Cobra counter-battery BMP with the Russian Arty that I was using as a target, and lo-and-behold, they began firing a counter-battery fire mission.

I haven't tested their accuracy, but I thought that was pretty sweet.  

Oh... I also should mention....

My mod is using the CoC UA for our artillery and while most things seemed to work, when they fire, they just answer, "can not comply".   I'm assuming its because our arty no longer has the correct ammo?   I'm hoping its a simple fix.   You might want to post something about how to convert previouisly UA compatible artillery in other mods so that they are UA 1.1 compatible.

I also hope VERY VERY much that in the next update, you will include the fabulous DKMM TOS-1 Fuel-Air artillery system with the Fuel-Air explosives that that they made for it.  

However, probably a more important weapon missing on the East side is the standard BM-21 MLRS and standard HE rocket munitions.   If you are interested, my mod also has a terrorist "Kassam" style rocket launcher (firing single rockets). If you are interested, I can send it to you to mess around with.  These single rocket launchers are important because these types of launchers have been used all over the world in guerilla warfare from the Vietnam War all the way up to today in Lebanon.  

At any rate, those are just some suggestions for future stuff that would be awesome to see in CoC.

Keep up the fantastic work!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]However, probably a more important weapon missing on the East side is the standard BM-21 MLRS and standard HE rocket munitions. If you are interested, my mod also has a terrorist "Kassam" style rocket launcher (firing single rockets). If you are interested, I can send it to you to mess around with. These single rocket launchers are important because these types of launchers have been used all over the world in guerilla warfare from the Vietnam War all the way up to today in Lebanon.

crazy_o.gif + thumbs-up.gif = wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

GOOOD IDEA!!! thumbs-up.gif

This current conflict is extremely good for ofp missions. Yes ppl are dying and all, but that happens and has happend in all wars. But the things like the SF raids are great for ofp, or the gunboat stuff, apc and tank stuff, and offcourse their counter kassam / ketyusha launcher missions.

The grad does allready have somekind of scripting for UA style missions, but with the AI features the UA has it would be great.

When I asked you (dinger) how I could get the arty to fire with more accuracy it was because I was trying to hit targets like that! biggrin_o.gif And yes with zero precision its great 3 or 4 shells and the launcher and crew are dead. Still gotta try the new UA on that mission, with airburst and guided projectiles...

Found another issue

When using the M29 mortar (WGL model for CoC), its aiming goes haywire after the first round is gone. Also no affects like smoke and no man crewing. Hope this helps.

Also get a div zero error when using I/A with this weapon

Just for the hell of it, I added a Cobra counter-battery BMP with the Russian Arty that I was using as a target, and lo-and-behold, they began firing a counter-battery fire mission.

I haven't tested their accuracy, but I thought that was pretty sweet.  

ok WAIT A MINUTE Cobra bmp.... where is that. I dont see it anywhere. How do we do counterbattery fire

Hah quick note. Dont turn off the BIS vehicles in the wgl config. All of these cobra vehicles disappear... DOH!!!!! rofl.gif

Snoops is working on converting the new DKMM howitzer as we speak.

whatever's exploding in front of the M109 probably shouldn't be. That could be a remnant of the old recoil effect that never got cleaned out. I'll take a look.

Its gonna take a bit longer than i wanted, i hoping to release already, but i went and upgraded computer on sat, and some of my files got corrupted, so i have to start from scratch again, but hopefully by the weekend, same with the TOS-1.

As for the explosion in front of the 109s, yeah Dinger its the old recoil effect that causes that, i noticed it when I did some of the earlier UA addons so i always left it out.

As for the other UA addons i've done, well i'll speak to the authors and see if they will let me update them. SEF LAVs firing smoke and WP inlove.gif But the new 109s will come first.

@Miles Teg Well converting old UA addons to new is releativly simple, if you have done the old ones you've got the gist on how to do the new ones. However some of the new files will need some explaining about the new coding. as for the BM-21 well their is only one model going around atm and it wont go into any UA system, because of the way it works(well i might look at it again soon but it might require to much scripting to work properly). If anyone has a BM-21 model i'd offer to do it though smile_o.gif

Okay:

Yeah, you'll notice it's a little rough around the edges. Just about everything imaginable short of a fatality happened to us during the development of this addon, and there's stuff in there I don't even remember.

WGL mortars: yeah, that pbo is a quick bridge. Having the mortar guy actually visible involves an artist working on it, which didn't happen.

Adjust Fire: doesn't work right with mortars or the m101. I need to slide some code around and fix that.

The guns not pointing the right way: I *might* have broken something right before release. Let me take a look.

The Cobra units were a quick little demonstration of what you can do with the AI here. Cobra radius for OFP purposes is 1 km. They sit around, and if anything bad is fired within 1km of their position, they make this call:

["PLATOON", "ARTILLERY", "IN OPEN", _strikepos, side _cobra, _highpriority, "CB FIRE (COBRA)"] exec "\CoC_Arty\scripts\TacFire.sqs"

_highpriority is 1 (normal priority is 2, opportunity is 3).

Adapting 1.0 stuff to 1.1:

Yes, I'm sorry, you still have to go through those stinking scripts by hand and insert what's changed. It really, really, sucks.

In addition, the two new .sqf files are avails.sqf and magazines.sqf

avails.sqf lists the menu options, as [default,[option1,option2]]

if there are only two options, and they're numbers, then that's a range to pick from.

magazines.sqf:

I think this may be where the cruise missiles are puking -- but it's looking a little messy in there.

like those other .sqfs, magazines.sqf is synchronized to names.sqf: one entry for each unit type.

So, let's take the entry corresponding to the Paladin:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[["CoC_Howi155HE", "HE",23,8, 20000, [[.7, .7, .7, .7, .7], [.7, 1], 1]], ["CoC_Howi155WP", "WP", 3, -.3, 20000, [[.7, .7, .5, .8, .8], [.7, .6], 1]], ["CoC_Howi155ICM","ICM",2,-.5,20000, [[1, .4, 0, 0, 0], [1, .3], 1]],["CoC_Howi155DPICM", "DPICM", 2,-.5,20000, [[.8, 1.0, .5, .8, 0], [1, .3], 1]], ["CoC_Howi155Smoke", "SMOKE", 8, 0, 20000, [[.3, .3, .3, .3, 0], [.7, .7], 1]], ["CoC_Howi155Illum", "ILLUM", 2,1200, 20000, [[0, 0, 0, 0, 0], [0, 0], 1]], ["CoC_Howi155RAAMS", "RAAMS", 2, 100, 20000, [[0, 0, .9, 0, 0], [.7, .7], 1]], ["CoC_Howi155CLGP", "CLGP", 32, 0, 18000, [[0, 0, 0, 0,0], [0, 0], 3]], ["CoC_Howi155SADARM", "SADARM", 32, 300, 18000, [[0, 0, 1, 1, 0], [1, 1], 1]], ["CoC_Howi155Nuke", "TAC", 2, 150, 20000, [[0, 0, 0, 0,0], [0, 0], 200]]],

okay, okay, one entry so you can see more clearly:

["CoC_Howi155DPICM", "DPICM", 2,-.5,20000, [[.8, 1.0, .5, .8, 0], [1, .3], 1]]

"CoC_Howi155DPICM" = the case sensitive magazine name

"DPICM" = how the label appears on the FED

2 = a number indicating the fuze/fuzes available: (1=QUICK, 2=TIME, 4=VT, 8=SMOKE, 16=DELAY, 32=SENSOR). I'm sure there was a good reason for using a base 2 system, I just don't remember it.

-.5 = HOB/TOB. A positive number is the target height of burst in meters. VT and TIME with HE, for example, try to achieve an airbust 8 meters above the target. A negative number is the number of seconds before impact to fuze. Since DPICM works by a time fuze going off, and the base of the shell comes out, and all the little bomblets are spun out, a time setting makes sense here. So 1/2 second before impact, the base should eject.

20000 = Maximum range of shell

[[[.8, 1.0, .5, .8, 0], [1, .3], 1]] = information for the AI to use. These are coefficients of effectiveness: TARGET TYPE, PROTECTION, and EFFECTIVENESS MULTIPLIER

TARGET TYPE: [.8, 1.0, .5, .8, 0]: effectiveness (scale of 0 to 1) vs. INFANTRY, SOFT VEHICLES, ARMOR, ARTILLERY, STRUCTURE. If you look above, HE is the baseline at .7. So, here, DPICM is ideal against trucks and cars, and a pretty good choice against Infantry and Artillery. It will work against armor, but not terribly well. And forget about taking out structures with it.

PROTECTION: [1, .3] IN OPEN, IN COVER. DPICM works great when those last .5 seconds of flight don't include things like trees or rooftops. Otherwise, it's not so good.

These numbers are used by scoreTarget.sqf (itself called by TacFire.sqs) to determine what to fire. It creates a list of all artillery/shell combinations that can hit the target (and all artillery/shell combinations that can hit and are not currently running a mission), then it multiplies target type by protection, and sees what the best score is.

EFFECTIVENESS MULTIPLIER: How one round from one unit of artillery corresponds on one 155 shell. Here, it's 1. The MLRS, by comparison, has 12. TacFire uses this to determine how big to make the fire mission.

Finally, you'll want to change funcs.sqf to load the terminal effects you want.

If you look at the fired EH, you'll see that when a shell is fired, the EH does its job, then passes the shell to a mess called fuze.sqs

Fuze.sqs does what it has to do, with one exception. If the fuze is a "SENSOR" type, it calls a function AMMONAme+"Guide". Otherwise, at the end, it will call a function on all clients called AMMOName + "fuze", with details on the effects to be made (position of unit, vector, type of fuze, that kinda stuff).

So in your funcs.sqf, load up the fuzing effects.

That's it for now

Hey, thanks for this great improvement! But I have a question:

- Where is the documentation about the firing stuff, like the range of the m109, minimal range of the m252 or the capacity of the Beer fridge in the MLRS, and such? (I dont even know whats a bloody COBRA unit)

Thats would be cool, because I think that sergeant-bomb-the-shit (3rd mortar section) would kill me if I ask him to shoot a target 18 miles away with his little funny mortar, but Im not sure, can you help me?

Yeah, with markers enabled, if the target is in the green area, you can hit it with something. Out at extreme range, there's some variation. Beyond that, feel free to use the magazines.sqf and write a handy sheet of such information smile_o.gif

I get a CTD when trying to use the ILLUM-round. I can order illumination, get confirmation from the artillery and they shot. But the game crashes about the time when the ILLUM round should arrive at the target.

no ammo? why that dirty, rotten...

uh, try:

this addmagazine "CoC_Howi152HE" for starters

Illum's busted, huh? Well, if that's the case (confirmation?), I have a backup system I'll drop in there.

no ammo? why that dirty, rotten...

uh, try:

this addmagazine "CoC_Howi152HE" for starters

Illum's busted, huh? Well, if that's the case (confirmation?), I have a backup system I'll drop in there.

Hah tried that but still showed (ammo) in the comms. Ill try again tonight. Thanks for the help and the great mod

We're not getting the Illum CTD or the 152mm Ammo problems. Can you zip up a mission where this happens and get it to me to look at?

At the m109 3 ammoversions are not available!

inluding nuke!!

And that dam tomahawk! help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

At the m109 3 ammoversions are not available!

inluding nuke!!

And that dam tomahawk! help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

thats becouse you have to add those 3 munition types manually.

CoC_Howi155SADARM

CoC_Howi155NUKE

and i cant remember the 3rd right now...

oh, and everyone should try the SADARM against a bunch of evil russian tanks wink_o.gif

yeah, we felt that adding the SADARM, Copperhead (CoC_Howi155CLGP) or Nuke to the standard loadout was a little excessive. Very few missions are going to have any use for the Nuke, except as a novelty (or a handy way to put an end to those MP test sessions). The Copperhead should only be on one unit in a UA Asset (since UA doesn't manually run a "one round at a time" copperhead mission), and needs a laser designator. And the SADARM can be just unfair. (but fun as heck. "I hear tank noises over that hill." "Fire a couple SADARMs on that sound contact and see what happens." -- 2 minutes later, a couple pops, and black smoke rises over the ridge.

I hope that we see some eastern counter to MRLS. Something like BM-21 even though its older and less sophisticated. It is however widely used around the world.

I think theres 2 different BM-21's released so maybe you could get the models from there?

I hope that we see some eastern counter to MRLS. Something like BM-21 even though its older and less sophisticated. It is however widely used around the world.

I think theres 2 different BM-21's released so maybe you could get the models from there?

It's hard to script a wheeled vehicle with missiles for COC UA. At least that's from what I remember when we tried to make the South African Valkiri UA compatible. Don't think we ever got it working. Unless of course you will make one vehicle and one object and switch betweeen them but that will be pretty useless for the AI I think.

Sorry to be the, well, annoying person with no posts that comes and posts an error message, but I have no idea what to do...

You see, I have the addon, and it's installed correctly, I think. But the problem, or multiple problems that is, is that I cant start it with wgl... is there some special procedure? I tried putting the mod parameter in the shortcut, but it doesnt load. Then I uninstalled the old coc since I thought that would fix it, but then nothing about CoC UA was in the game at all. So I tried copying the addons to the res/addons folder, and thankfully it works, but just like starting it with the Official UA shortcut, I have no effects at all, and the FED dialog gives me an error "Cannot find FED" or something like that.

Quite frankly, I think I'm screwed, and will have to go back to the old UA, but, I hope someone has an idea what the problem is...