Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Thanks for the kind words, glad you appreciate the new woodland units (and thanks once again to Codeblue's fellas), as mentioned in the last pages, the incoming patch would include 2 configs that would allow you to choose between ACU & BDU models.

Btw, the woodland camo is actually still in use, even if the ACU is getting progressivly used instead of the BDU, the transition between both camos/equipments should be completely accomplished within a couple of months (2007), though.

Quote[/b] ]In the new patch are there going to be less tracers?

Almost all of scripted tracers would be simply disabled to avoid lag issues during huge battles, and they would be replaced by 'BIS' tracers Fx. (Excluding choppers & Jet fighters tracers).

Quote[/b] ]I have one complaint about the sniper rifles, I have to aim one spot above the center line to hit a person at about 1-1,5km to hit a guy, not one spot below.

That's nearly impossible to do, (in-game as well as in real life), give it a try once again.

Quote[/b] ]My advice - the helmet now looks like crap. No offense to CodeBlue, of course, but I'd advise you ditch their helmet and retain HYK's.

If we would get the opportunity and the chance to get our hands on Codeblue's new infantry models (cheers to B.B), then we would go for their helmet, and will try to enhance several things (plus another little surprise, cheers to MIG_25), but I'm afraid nothing could be done until the next 2 weeks because of some real life duties.

Quote[/b] ]I think, add a Su-30 by SCAR will be good. That plane is awsome

SCAR's Sukhoi is in my judgement, one of the best jet fighters models ever carried out for OFP, we would probably include it if we'd get the necessary time to enhance a couple of minor things (cockpit, MFDs... etc) and of course, only with the author's permission.

Quote[/b] ]but what about th parachutes....

i dont like the square ones..

As already answered, (page 57) :

Envisaged to include 'BIS parachutes' more than once but withdrew it due to the lack of informations about the current 'Parachutes' being used by the US Army but we would certainly put back BIS 'circular' parachutes.

Once again, thanks for the kind words and for your patience.

Regards

Thunderbird84

now next conflick would be in North Kora now looking at pic from over there thay are still wearing woodland camo no digital camo, Now putting and ACU camo in an woodland environment would be like putting an white artic camo unit in an woodland place, would no work.

Wrong Wrong Wrong, you have to actually use it in 'real-life' to see how it truely works. Playing one persons textures in a video game is not going to determine it's possibilities. We don't know if North Korea is the next stop unless you snagged some highly classified documents somewhere and it said so in fine print. Arctic camo is not the same as ACU.

lol you jumped to quick lol if your read my quote I said that "Putting ACU units in an Woodland map would be like putting an Artic unit in an woodland environment it would not look righ" Lol you got that twisted, Also on that North Kora thing I was pointing out that the USA forces over there are not wearing any digital camo. lol you got this all twisted up rofl.gif

US forces are in south korea and they patrol a DMZ setup between the countries. Considering they are not considered to be on an overly active front line, it hardly seems suprising they wouldnt be issues the latest kit AND if you've ever visited the DMZ, the environment and folliage lends itself better to the old woodland fatigues, given the jungle/rice paddy etc esque environment over there.

@ Sep. 11 2006,21:46)]I have one complaint about the sniper rifles, I have to aim one spot above the center line to hit a person at about 1-1,5km to hit a guy, not one spot below. It's like the bullet gains height instead of losing it. Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't the bullet lose height, hence the name bullet drop?

True a bullet drop's at the end of it's flight! However during the flight of the bullet the trajectory can go up as well as down. different bullets have different trajectorys. Understanding this is a traight of a true marksman/sniper.

Yeah, but I doubt OFP has that much bullet ballistics. Well, I tried it on desert island now, worked like it should, but for that Sniper mission that's packed with OFP, you have to aim one spot above the center line when you're in the forest.

[OT] As far as I remember, BMP-1 from BIS has had reversed MG bullet trajectory - it looked so... erm... rofl.gif [/OT]

OK guys, just wanna know if FFUR Mi-17 is really Mi-17 one, not Mi-8 MTV... Your Mi-24 is certainly V version.

Actually many soldiers in korea are wearing the ACUs, if they recently joined, ie, october 05' to present, they will only have ACUs, plus, if you still have BDUs, why not wear them out instead of getting your new ACUs dirty. They have all been issued ACUs, and if not, they could just buy them a the PX!

Quote[/b] ]Actually many soldiers in korea are wearing the ACUs, if they recently joined, ie, october 05' to present, they will only have ACUs, plus, if you still have BDUs, why not wear them out instead of getting your new ACUs dirty. They have all been issued ACUs, and if not, they could just buy them a the PX!

Very true. When I was getting out there were alot of units that had them issued already. We had the opportunity to buy them at the PX but why waste my money? I liked the BDU's much better anyway. Just a preferance, doesnt mean they were any better. I do like the slanted pockets on them though. I had a pair of BDU's I did that to with the pockets. But could unfortunatly only wear them in the field.

Quote[/b] ]the incoming patch would include 2 configs that would allow you to choose between ACU & BDU models.

perfect biggrin_o.gif

...the environment and folliage lends itself better to the old woodland fatigues, given the jungle/rice paddy etc esque environment over there.

Korean climate is more similar to NW/NE European climate, I don't think you'll find much jungle along the DMZ.

Ok, the units are getting better. The woodland pattern is a BIG improvement although I think the intercepter looks a bit strange, but perhaps I'll have to see it in-game to get the right picture.

The gear is however a serious problem. This is FFUR2006. So the old webbing mag-pouches should not be used. They look completely out of place. Please use newer pouches in woodland camouflage pattern that are positioned higher up the torso. And the grenadier with all the M203 puches should have a textured vest over his interceptor, because the M203 pouches are attached to a vest and are not simply attached directly to the interceptor. And the way you did it looks very strange. Look at Laser's rangers for the correct gear.

It getting there though. If you iron out these last few issues these units could be way better than the ones in the current version of FFUR.

it was far from european when i visited the DMZ - its hot, its humid, its wet - not something a european forest can grow in

I'm not talking the amazon here, im talking sporadic woodland meets jungle... trying to find a word the describes it better - just very green tounge2.gif

At any given unit, a soldier is issued his basic gear, an IBA, etc.  it depends on how much funding the unit has whether or not he gets nice, new equipment. a friend of mine is in the 173rd AB brigade and italy, and was issued an LCE and ALICE gear, so dont think because you see it in a few pictures that everyone has nice, new ACU gear.  Sometimes the soldier pays and purchases the gear he likes.  if he wants to put it directly on the molle straps on the IBA, he can. If he wants to put it on a vest, he can.  The SOPs are different wherever you go, but in country, no one really gives a damn where your gear is, so don't tell him to look at lasers for reference, because in real life it just depends on the person.  And just for future reference in this topic and most others, I and a few others who actually wear the 'Interceptor', unlike most of you, don't call it that, it's known and called the IBA. Frostbite is correct in the grenade pouches, they could technically be mounted, but they would be in groups of three or so, and to be mounted that way, they would be on a vest that goes over the IBA

I've never really touched the whole config side of flashpoint modding...stuck to textureing...ya wouldn't happen to have a config already geared up for a VBS1 core install on hand would ya? smile_o.gif

its not designed for VBS1, hence why it wont work... you'd need to do some editing around in the config to make the addons work in VBS1 and thats IF you get permission from the relevant authors of each addon to port it to VBS1.

I guess the real question is...has anyone out there actually attempted it?...if so ,were you sucessfull?...and if you were,send me yer config will ya smile_o.gif we'd be thankfull and got "stuff" to repay ya with. smile_o.gif

Its not simply a matter of editing the config, you've also got to edit the models too, especially in the case of the units (as they'll be using OFP heads which have a different facial mapping compared to the VBS1 heads as you'll already know).

I take it that this patch has been delayed then (didn't Thunderbird say the next few days a week or so ago)?

No matter. Done when it's done. Looking forward to it - thanks for all your hard work thus far.

I'm struggling to get a decent download of this. I'm hitting broken links all over the net. I've had to corrupt installers, now that link is broken. I've been to the ffur site and all the links are borked.

Any ideas?

quick editing question:

How do i edit my ffur config so it uses the ACU troops automatically?

How do i change the tracers to bn880's (sp?) tracers?

thanks