Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

I think the battle for gold will be between the following teams:

Czech Republic

Spain

Sweden

Maybe Brazil

You have more faith in swedes than swedes themselves. Me included. No harm meant towards Trinidad but i really hoped we could at least score a point or two in that first game...

Tonight we're meeting Paraguay.

*Loading up on booze to tackle the outcome - good or bad*

The "ball" is spool shaped and you hold it in your arms - let's call it "Football" shall we? (unknown genius)

Guest Ti0n3r

Sweden will never make it to the final, they're too modest as far as I know wink_o.gif

Sweden will never make it to the final, they're too modest as far as I know wink_o.gif

If they again fail to score some goals, they definitley won't. But Ljunberg for example was very well in shape last match...

If they again fail to score some goals, they definitley won't. But Ljunberg for example was very well in shape last match...

if they stop fighting each other they might get things going. I really hope they woke up after the match against Trinidad

Ecuador's about to kick some ass. Anyone got a link to a live broadcast/feed?

Hehe - My mate went out to buy beer yesterday at Systembolaget, they were all out. The WC means some serious business for the liqour monopoly biggrin_o.gif

Anyways - Lets hope for better results from Sweden today... I don't want to pull more of my hair out because the players constantly miss crucial shots.

Hehe - My mate went out to buy beer yesterday at Systembolaget, they were all out. The WC means some serious business for the liqour monopoly biggrin_o.gif

Anyways - Lets hope for better results from Sweden today... I don't want to pull more of my hair out because the players constantly miss crucial shots.

As France supporter, I feel your pain wink_o.gif

Can't see why such a great team as yours would fail, though, but it's WC, so everything is possible.

-+- England ENGLAND England -+-

[we will win tonight]

good show by Ecuador. germany needs a win if they want to win their group thumbs-up.gif

England and Sweden really gotta show some effort tonight or it's all over for them when the knock-out begins.

"England" and "convincing win" in the same sentence? rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]"England" and "convincing win" in the same sentence?
typical British statement :P.

we can hope cant we ? smile_o.gif

Anyone got a link to a live broadcast/feed?

Try:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">telnet ascii-wm.net 2006

They broadcast all games live - although it's b&w only! wink_o.gif

wwitv free tv

if its not there i dont know where it could be, sorry cant search i am watching game.which by the way as gone all pete tong(wrong)

summary of first 3/4englandvtrinidad2iv.gif summary of last 1/4 soccgoal2nn.gif

Damn, this English team is so.... mediocre. I can't believe so many English people actually believe they have a shot at winning this tournament. This would be just as crazy as Greece winning the European Cup...  crazy_o.gif

damn damn damn damn damn sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

The Trinis deserved the vitory... England had just too much luck sad_o.gif

Damn, this English team is so.... mediocre. I can't believe so many English people actually believe they have a shot at winning this tournament. This would be just as crazy as Greece winning the European Cup... crazy_o.gif

crazy is a bit too weak word for that in this case. and there's this slight difference: greece actually played well

Damn, this English team is so.... mediocre. I can't believe so many English people actually believe they have a shot at winning this tournament. This would be just as crazy as Greece winning the European Cup... crazy_o.gif

allthough i agree it was very mediorcre, if we was to follow your way of thinking , then whats the point of Brasilians believeing, there performance was poor as was a few others smile_o.gif.Steady now these are nations cheering not club fans wink_o.gif

With the crazy and Greece part I tried to cover my ass in case England does turn out to be something, as anything can happen in football as we have seen in 1994.

@deanosbeano: no it doesn't, there's quite a difference. I think Brazil played a poor match, I think England has a poor team. wink_o.gif

First half's play was just too slow, we needed the break to start a fresh. Thank God for John Terry in that half too. tounge2.gif

I think we played really well at times during second half, thanks largely to Lennon, and Ashley Cole bringing the pace up IMO. Cole was neglecting his defending duties a bit though.

Still leaves a lot to be desired.

Another 3 points for me! 2nd in the league with JdB now!