Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

@Placebo: wow_o.gif And what does that mean? The only thing babelfish translates correctly is Operation Flashpoin... biggrin_o.gif

It's Brazilian Portuguese for:

Quote[/b] ]He ran slower than operation flashpoint on very high terrain detail, view distance at 10,000m and AA set to 16x

wink_o.gif

Ah, thanks rofl.gifwink_o.gif

Spain vs Ukraine on now.

I hope Spain wins and beats ukraine convincingly.

They do! smile_o.gif

@Placebo: wow_o.gif And what does that mean? The only thing babelfish translates correctly is Operation Flashpoin... biggrin_o.gif

OMG yessssss biggrin_o.gif

4 - 0

Ukraine is being owned.

Too bad the quality of the refs seems to be going down by the day. If that was a penalty then Placebo is really Tony Blair, and not the BIS PR bozo tounge2.gif

It was clearly visible that the striker shot the ball, then landed on his right foot out of balance and slipped.

Not to mention Ivanovs "Deck of Unexplainable Cards" yesterday, I thought he had a sunstroke or something.

Too bad refs like that always get to do the semi-finals and final because their homecountries are no longer(/never were) in the tournament sad_o.gif

spain looking good smile_o.gif. i was calling the ref , until i saw the shorts being pulled smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]I'd like to know what the Brazilian reporters told about Ronaldo yesterday.

baleia icon_rolleyes.gif hes put some weight on huh.

Jesus christ, and I dont like people constantly blaming everything except the players. On my soccer board there are like hundreds of threads about "the terrible ball" and "terrible organisation" and "terrible grass" and "weather being too hot" and "bad refs"... cant hear it anymore. Of course there are bad decisions but who lets not destroy the good athmosphere with nitpicking! I am getting so tired of listening to whining!

Not to mention Ivanovs "Deck of Unexplainable Cards" yesterday, I thought he had a sunstroke or something.

The best one was the one on swiss def for "hurting" Henry, given nearly 2 minutes after the actual action (and the ball at the other side of the terrain) had happened biggrin_o.gif

I mean, if there is foul, then there's a free kick. No free kick, then why on earth put a yellow looooong after all this is over?

And when you see the ... errr.. well, slight touch? caress? the def does to Henry, you go through all kind of facial expressions, like crazy_o.gif , rofl.gif , notworthy.gif , icon_rolleyes.gif , banghead.gif , in that order biggrin_o.gif

I mean, if there is foul, then there's a free kick. No free kick, then why on earth put a yellow looooong after all this is over?

Lets see. Lets just say Owen comes running towards the Swedish defence, Owen passes the ball to Lampard, and then Mellberg kicks Owen in his nuts quite some time after the ball was player. Now, the pass was so good that it put Lampard through on goal. The kick in Owens nuts certainly is a free-kick, and sure as hell a yellow card. Do you really mean the ref then got to choose between giving england a free-kick on the midfield and Mellberg a yellow card or let Lampard challenge the keeper one on one and give a shit in the yellow card? huh.gif

Surely, there is no reason why he shouldn't let Lampard get the one on one with the keeper, but still punish Mellbergs attack on Owens manhood... whistle.gif Even though he may have to wait 2 or 5 mins to pull out the yellow card...

Lets see. Lets just say Owen comes running towards the Swedish defence, Owen passes the ball to Lampard, and then Mellberg kicks Owen in his nuts quite some time after the ball was player. Now, the pass was so good that it put Lampard through on goal. The kick in Owens nuts certainly is a free-kick, and sure as hell a yellow card. Do you really mean the ref then got to choose between giving england a free-kick on the midfield and Mellberg a yellow card or let Lampard challenge the keeper one on one and give a shit in the yellow card? huh.gif

Surely, there is no reason why he shouldn't let Lampard get the one on one with the keeper, but still punish Mellbergs attack on Owens manhood... whistle.gif Even though he may have to wait 2 or 5 mins to pull out the yellow card...

The situation was really different wink_o.gif

Henry was trying to go around the def in the right corner, got touched, stopped running, letting the ball go out. Swiss GK take the ball, and action continues (swiss attack, etc...). few moments later, during a play stop, and seeing Henry still rubbing his leg where he had been touched, ref gives a yellow to the swiss guy crazy_o.gif Why not have stopped the action before ball goes out and give France a free kick? Because there was no foul. Why then give a yellow?

Never thought i'd say this but Kmon Saudi Arabia! 2-1

2-2, great finish smile_o.gif

woohoo, got my first 3 points in the prediction thingy! yay.gif About damn time, I keep getting the right winner, but I always fuck up on the result banghead.gif

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo banghead.gif

That bloody last minute goal ruined the whole match.

It sucks to lose a match in injury time sad_o.gif . But then again the defense is to be blamed leaving the tunisian guy all open even though they should have been marking him. That was simply a goal stolen at the last minute banghead.gif .

OMG I dont belive it. Spain have under achieved in every tournament since beofre the last ice age....

And then I decide they are going to draw with Ukraine. Not only that but its a Liverpool player that scores as well and stabs me in the back - and I was a season ticket holder in Rush's last season before going to Turin. I feel dirty.

At least Im confident that Saudi cannot live with the Tunisians sad_o.gif especially after watching the first half. DOH!

I've got Germany 2 Poland 1 if people want to place money on a Poland win.

I was seconds away from 3 points, had it predicted Saudi Arabia would win 2-1 sad_o.gif

Talking of whinging about referees, the Ukrainian goalkeeper was doing the "pretending to waggle a yellow card" underneath the ref's nose for about 10 seconds towards the end of the match, and he wasn't booked for it. What the hell happened to consistent refereeing, the rule about that is absolutely clear, if a player simulates that a player from the opposing team should be booked then he himself receives the yellow card for "ungentlemanly conduct", it's already happened in this tournament previously so why didn't it happen this game?

Another whinge, going back to the first game, late on a German player goes down in the Costa Rican box under challenge, the referee mimes with his hands he thought the German player dived and didn't give a penalty, instead he let the Costa Rican goalkeeper take the goalkick and carry on with play. If he thinks it's a dive he has to book the player, yet he didn't sad_o.gif

If two of the most clear cut and easily recognisable rule infringements cannot be dealt with consistently what hope is there for the more controversial rules such as handball, professional fouls, lunging etc. etc.?

This time the refereeing was supposed to be a massive improvement over 2002, I'm not seeing it.

Nice first half, wasn't expecting such a defense from Poland, they even got several opportunities but their attackers haven't been very efficient.

Looking forward the second half,

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]I was seconds away from 3 points, had it predicted Saudi Arabia would win 2-1

Exactly the scoreline i had in mind aswell sad_o.gif .

Oh well gotta move on , ukraine needs to be beaten if we have to go to the next round and heres to hoping that their moral will be low considering the thrashing Spain gave them.

As for the Germany Poland match i think germans might lose this one. They are getting frustrated and not converting the chances to scores IN to scores. I say 1-0 or maybe 1-1.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  banghead.gif

It sucks to lose a match in injury time  sad_o.gif . But then again the defense is to be blamed leaving the tunisian guy all open even though they should have been marking him. That was simply a goal stolen at the last minute  banghead.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I was seconds away from 3 points, had it predicted Saudi Arabia would win 2-1 sad_o.gif

Ah, that last goal tasted good whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif If just Germany manages to get that god damn ball in the goal. Wtf is wrong with them? confused_o.gif 2 goals, and no more...then I'm happy biggrin_o.gif

Wow

Germany 1 - 0 Poland

Goal in the 91st Minute

God its like a replay of the Saudi Arabia Tunisia match.

Deja vu huh.gif .

Poor Poland , this sucked. Their keeper really worked hard he made some incredible saved. A man down they were working hard , and to get a goal in the 92nd minute .... oh cruel fate sad_o.gif .

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo banghead.gif

heh last minute goals seem to be in biggrin_o.gif

heh last minute goals seem to be in biggrin_o.gif

Where they ever out for Germany? tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Wow

Germany 1 - 0 Poland

Goal in the 91st Minute

They are a bunch of damn lucky bastards. crazy_o.gif Okay, it was deserverd... huh.gif

I think the battle for gold will be between the following teams:

Czech Republic

Spain

Sweden

Maybe Brazil

Espectro - nice guess, just there's that one thing that those

usually don't last a whole tournament.

My guess'es are Italy/Germany to challenge in final one of:

Brazil/Argentinia/maybe Czech's/Netherlands/and luckily Spain

~S~ CD

I think the battle for gold will be between the following teams:

Czech Republic

Spain

Sweden

Maybe Brazil

Sweden huh.gif. Their first game was really poor imo. Spain and Czech Republic are the strongest up till now, but when things really start to matter you'll see Brazil, Italy and Germany pulling it off somehow.

Spain always underperforms in big tournaments, France and England are just too weak, and Czech republic, Portugal and Netherlands will once again die fighting in some thrilling match. Argentina might have a shot though.

But then again, you never know... (most of all me, see my place in the ranking wink_o.gif)