Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

So my prediction for tonight is that a team will win and the other will lose.

I would say that that's a pretty good bet!

I don't really mind who wins, so long as the game is entertaining.

I kinda want Italy to win so I remain 2nd in the prediction league: If France win, me and Placebo get shifted down a place, and Thunderbird84 wins. biggrin_o.gif

On the other hand, I think Zidane lifting that trophy at the end of his final game would be great. 3rd place is hardly bad for me either...

The Germany-Portugal game last night was brilliant btw, all of the goals scored were crackers and it had a great tempo. Congrats to Germany.

I don't expect to many goals this game, because both teams are rather playing with a defensive strategy. Anyway, I'm hope France will win (no, not because Italy won against us wink_o.gif ) because I wish Zidane the victory and because my French teacher will than be happy for the rest of the year wink_o.gif

1-0 French, its going to end that way, game over, this thread is useless, closing tounge2.gif

t_locked.gif

I hope not, winning final with only penalty is not so nice. Luckily its 1-1 now.

Cool, Wembley goal Vol. II. biggrin_o.gif Go France!

omg.

what has Zidane done again? crazy_o.gif

He was playing so good, but this wasn't necessary...

however, I hope france wins the world championship..

Damn... Until 15 min ago I was for France, but after Zidanes stupid whatever I'm for Italy... Really bad and boring game and than something like that... Sorry team of France, but after that you even don't deserve the second place in my opinion mad_o.gif

Damn... Until 15 min ago I was for France, but after Zidanes stupid whatever I'm for Italy... Really bad and boring game and than something like that... Sorry team of France, but after that you even don't deserve the second place in my opinion mad_o.gif

well, that was just Zidane, not the whole team. wink_o.gif

Go France Go thumbs-up.gif

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy_o.gifbanghead.gif

I think France were ever so slightly better. However it was close so it seems fair. Well done Italy yay.gif .

Also considering they only conceded 2 goals(1 own goal) nobody can say they don't deserve it.

P.S Enjoy tonight boys as you got some bad news heading your way 2moz me thinks.

sad for zidane...what a way to finish a so brillant carrer! i bet they will hire lips translaters, and decode what materrazi told to zizou...that would be interesting to know...

but i'm happy for italy, and for de great del pierro.

CONRATS Italy. long live the cuore sportivo.

I think italy played very well, so did France.

LoL, the thing Zidan knocked him with this head,

I must say that was very funny, shame for Zidane though, finishing his carrer like that :\.

I wonder what did that Italaian player said to him, It is obviouse because he said something to him , then zidan turn around and knocked him with his head . .

/me hates penalties sessions

Italy made a very impressive first half, locking completely France and dominating.

While perfectly valid, the goal scored by France was a bit against the game flow but Italy logically scored after that.

But in the second half, France broke the italian lock and dominated an asphyxied Italy.

Italy was never dangerous anymore, then in the extra times the french continued to dominate the game, but unfortunately were never able to score a deserved victory goal because of the very good Buffon a good Italy defense position and a lack of luck.

I did not really understood why Zidane made the obvious fool that got him a red card, but i guess there were some very nasty things said by the italian guy , as Zidane is not really a player used to do something like this.

But whatever what was done, was done. I was pleasantly surprised to see that despite being reduced to 10, France continued to be the most dangerous and annhilated any italian try to come back in the match.

Then , the penalties session came. Since some event in 1982 i have a strong hatred for penalties sessions, so i basically got a heart failure when i noticed Trezeguet being completely out of luck.

Italy then won on this dreaded penalties session, i was just under re-animation.

Congratulations to the Italian team for winning.

And personnal congratulations to France that succeeded in surprising me by coming back after the 2 first disastrous matches of their 1st turn, i never thought they would be qualified to go to the quarters after those.

Despite people often mention Zidane or Henri, Riberi for me was certainly the best french player, and the best example of what is football for me.

I sure hope to see more players like Riberi in the future

Did i mentionned that i hated penalties sessions ?

Crap Final.

Neither team deserved to win. Any teams that field a 4-5-1 formation should not go further than the group stages. I absolutely hate that formation.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Italian clubs may get lenient fines/punishments because of the National euphoria.

Several points:

1. Congratulations Italy

2. Further video-abilities should be added.

3. All players should get a microphone that is checked to make sure that there are no racist or provocative remarks.

4. Countries that have fraud scandals like Italy should have all their teams, including the national team expelled from all international matches, including the WC.

5. Booooooooooooooooooring match, I have a feeling all finals from now on will end in penalties, play is becoming to predictable, defensive, the emphasis is more on not losing then it is on winning sad_o.gif

I wasn't disapointed, nice actors

spending half of the time rolling, floating, crying, asking for a fault.

football is gettin' worser and worser rofl.gif someday we'll have some vendetta on the football playground pistols.gifwhistle.gif

..blah...why they have to decide on penatly shoots,that sux-its so devastating to play 120 min and then lose on penalty shoots banghead.gif

France was better at the end of match,Zidane should score that head shot....

Stupid move made by Zidane on his (i guess) last national team match- i dont know what Materazzi said to him but it was a big shit pistols.gif

But Italy was great at shootout and fine victory.

Congratulations Italy! ( Forza Juve) yay.gif