Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

What a night!

People get out of head here where I live, the roads was clunged by cars, trucks and even bulldozers full of mads.

I saw guys jumping from 5 meters high using italian flags as parachutes, a couple of undressed girls running and jumping everywhere kissing guys and even girls (no photos sorry biggrin_o.gif ), beer and wine like rain.....no words can describe what I've seen, really!

Personally I've still got a terrible headhace and today is a terrible day at work but:

I CAMPIONI DEL MONDO SIAMO NOI!

yay.gif

Klavan

Espectro you're not new here, so how can you not know you're breaking the rules hotlinking a 400kb gif?

Everyone stick on topic please, this thread is the world cup thread, discussions about Di Canio are not related here, continuing off topic will deem the world cup thread complete as with the tournament itself, else the thread can remain for a couple more days.

Ah crap, sorry... I got caught in my own enthusiasm... The pic is just so god damn funny smile_o.gif

If what i read about the "incident" in which Materazzi is supposed to have insulted his mother is exact, i doubt anyone would have acted differently than Zidane, as in the same situation mostly everyone with some honour would have done the same in the team.

Before being a sport machine that are deaf to any totally anti-sportive aggression, people are people and it seems some are forgetting this.

That's certainly why none in the french team was angry against Zidane, as they perfectly know they would have done the same in this situation.

Materazzi was lucky it was Zidane, as someone less gentleman would have certainly headbutted him directly in the face.

But over than that, from my point of view, it was certainly the worst world cup in term of referees.

I wonder how the fifa made their selection this year to designate who were supposed to be the best referees in the world to make this event "fair".

But this year the fifa guys were certainly drunk, as in -every- matches i saw in this WC there was a ton of referee errors or blindness.

It is just not possible all those referees were the best for this event, i have watched a lot better referees in several european cups matches.

So overall, there were some great players in all the different nations, but no great referees this year.

I hope the fifa standard for world cup refereeing will improve a lot, enough of all those errors and blindness.

And some are wondering why players can lose their control, when referees are just not seeing obvious faults.

Can't wait for the rugby world cup with real referees.

Still waiting for an analysis from someone who can read do lipreading and speaks italian, that would be the ultimate in video-analysis... help.gif

The refree didn't give two penalties to the french because he didn't want to give more then one on the final game.

Well if he did that, he was wrong. France should have had 2 penalties. Actually, I belived the first penalty was a dive, but after the match they finally managed to show that it wasn't. And the second one was quite clearly a penalty.

Quote[/b] ]That's what I like in Materazzi, besides being a great defender, a good header, he can also f*** up your mind all game long. He just provokes to the end tounge2.gif

Honestly, I don't understand how you can fancy a player because of THAT? I mean, I would understand that you liked him because he was good, but liking him partly because he is a total asshole is...well...strange... huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]At the end of the day, the most important thing is that I won the prediction league! nener.gif

We let you win... whistle.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Zidane was voted best player of the World Cup and I am okay with that. Leaving his behaviour aside (for which he paid and probably will) he outperformed most oponents he encountered. World Class!

Actually I don't think Zidane was playing so good. Would rather see cannavaro win, because IMO he was better. Zidane played better than what he's done the last few years, but he wasn't even close to being as good as he has been (Last time I've actually seen Zidane play really well was in the CL final when Real beat Leverkausen I think).

Quote[/b] ]I'm sad that France lost this final, but the French penalty wasn't really deserved - the fault on Malouda wasn't that obvious

It wasn't intentional, but he was fouled inside the box, so the penalty was clear. Took some time before the I got to see some good pictures of it though, so you may not have seen them.

Quote[/b] ]If what i read about the "incident" in which Materazzi is supposed to have insulted his mother is exact, i doubt anyone would have acted differently than Zidane, as in the same situation mostly everyone with some honour would have done the same in the team.

He should still have acted differently. He's so experienced and he's the captain, he should really have the self-dicipline to keep his head when it's the WC final. I understand that he did it, because Materazzi is a piece of shit (IMO), but he should have kept cool and rather give him a good kick after the match. And if he just had to do in the match, he should at least have done something worse, like kicking him in the nuts or headbutt him in the face yay.gif

Garcia, I like him for his skill of course.

Him and Cannavaro are one of the best central defender double I ever seen.

But one thing I like in him too are his psychological games. I agree he sometimes is like an animal, what gave him the "Beast" or "Animal" nickname in the Calcio, but still... never saw a defender that could "chew" your mind in such way.

But he is a great player, skillfull, physically and psychologically as he prooved in the final by his goal and many long passes to Toni.

Well good thing, almost started thinking you like an asshole because he was an asshole crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Nesta - Cannavaro is better imho.

If you have to rely on insults on the field, something is wrong. Just shows other part of your playing are going down.

See Cannavaro. He's done everything perfectly (or almost) throughout the whole tournament, and has never gone that down.

(mind you that's not excusing Zidane gesture at all, just.... this kind of behavior is NOT football)

See also Thuram, perfect defense in the latest matches, and nothing dirty made.

Quote[/b] ]Well good thing, almost started thinking you like an asshole because he was an asshole crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

This is football, professional football. Whatever he said to Zidane, Zidane should never go down to that level.

As a professional player, you would expect Zidane to hold himself, and do whatever he have to AFTER the game. Very bad behavior by him, and he should be glad that was the final game, since I think he should be suspended because of that.

Violence is NOT part of the game. Regardless how old you or your mother are smile_o.gif

Peace

Of course. There's no excusing Zidane's behavior.

But I can't see how using verbal abuse as a way to win is nicely playing football, can you?

It is easy to write, sat comfortably in front of your PC, having a cold soft drink or a beer "Oh no, violence is naughty, you shouldn't strike the naughty taunter and keep your nerves cool" if somebody told you when already under pressure things like :

- your mother/sister is a whore thus you are a bastard sub-human

- you are a muslim thus you are a terrorist

- you are a jew thus you are a palestinian children killer

Or whatever would touch you hardly more than you could imagine.

Nevertheless, this affair only currently is about one particular italian player pistols.gif , neither others serious and victorious italian players (like Buffon thumbs-up.gif ) nor the Italian people. inlove.gif

Of course. There's no excusing Zidane's behavior.

But I can't see how using verbal abuse as a way to win is nicely playing football, can you?

IMO verbal abuse can be as bad as violent behaviour. At least when it comes to Materazzis, so he probably deserved it, but Zidane shouldn't have done what he did anyway. Though Materazzi should probably have gotten a red if the ref just had some way to know what he said.

Hang on, none of us surely know what he said, how can we be making judgements?

Still waiting for an analysis from someone who can read do lipreading and speaks italian, that would be the ultimate in video-analysis... help.gif

It's still not clear here in Italy about what Materazzi said to Zidane, there are rumors about words like terrorist and doped (referred to an old scandal when he was a Juventus player).

Btw Materazzi is well know in Italy both as good defender and a b****d. He usually hit hard and unfair expecially during the matches against Milan AC ( inlove.gif ): Shevchenko and Inzaghi often gets injured when playing against him.....

Klavan

It is easy to write, sat comfortably in front of your PC, having a cold soft drink or a beer "Oh no, violence is naughty, you shouldn't strike the naughty taunter and keep your nerves cool" if somebody told you when already under pressure things like :

- your mother/sister is a whore thus you are a bastard sub-human

- you are a muslim thus you are a terrorist

- you are a jew thus you are a palestinian children killer

Or whatever would touch you hardly more than you could imagine.

Nevertheless, this affair only currently is about one particular italian player pistols.gif , neither others serious and victorious italian players (like Buffon thumbs-up.gif ) nor the Italian people. inlove.gif

Of course it's easy or us to say that he should have acted otherwise, but still I've played football, I've been in that kind of situations (though not in the WC and probably not that bad verbal abuse), but I got some idea of how it is, and I know that he should have been able to control himself. It's just plain BS to say that everyone would have done the same. Many would, but everyone do have the choice to act otherwise, and a person who have been in the game for ages and been in these kinds of situations before and that know that these kinds of things are usual in football should be professional enough to keep his head and not headbutt him.

Quote[/b] ]Hang on, none of us surely know what he said, how can we be making judgements?

Come on, if you were in the WC final and were the captain on your team, you wouldn't headbutt another player because he said "You butt looks bad" or "You're really crap playing football". Materazzi is known for being a total ass and say a lot of bad things, so either Zidane must have very little selfdicipline, or Materazzi said something extremly bad to him...seeing Materazzis bad history with verbal abuse, I'll lean towards him being the bad guy and Zidane being the stupid guy doing a stupid thing.

Hang on, none of us surely know what he said, how can we be making judgements?

I don't care what he said.

I am still against what Zidane did whatever the guy told him. He should learn self-control, which is one of the most important things to become a good sportsman. Too bad it's too late for him.

A violent act like he did should result in that he could not be the man of the match/competition. No matter how well he played in the other matches.

Verbal provocation is one way to put your opponent under stress. Sure, he probably didn't say nice things. But what is the matter of oral communication? He could just say something back or simply ignore him focusing on the game which he is PAYED to do.

He allegedly said "you dont know how to headbutt ,comapred to figo and c.ronaldo,you are like a woman"

so he turned round and proved it.

He allegedly said "you dont know how to headbutt ,comapred to figo and c.ronaldo,you are like a woman"

I really doubt he said that, if he did, then Zidane needs some self-control. That is not even an insult...

Where did you get that from ? French sources report his cousin saying that ZZ was called a "terrorist". But that isn't sure either.

Verbal provocation is one way to put your opponent under stress.

Well, sorry but I can't find that anything remotly correct when playing sport. You see, sportsmanship, blabla, everything you state when talking about self-control, etc... Why make an exception for verbal abuse? There is no reason

My point was that until any of you know what the Italian guy whose name i cant spell said, how can you be judging anything??

Well - i'm back from being shocked - not about the resultat

but about the last minutes of the final.

First off i must say - congrats to Italy for the Victory

(even if you didn't deserved it mad_o.gifsmile_o.gif ).

@Klavan - we will speak later on the construction site biggrin_o.gif

ka**o di mare adriatico tounge2.gif (this one is just for Klavan,

even if any italian will understand, but there's lil bit

more in the message and not a personal attack). wink_o.gif

It was a game without a winner and it was even more closer

in the penalty shooting at the end - Trezeguet's penalty

wasn't much more far than Zizou's, which was a goal. wink_o.gif

Italy deserved the win because they scored one more penalty

and they were one more on the field at the end.

This takes me to the point: Zidane

You/We/I/whoever can say 1000's of times that Zidane should

not act like this - everybody will be right in that case - it's

just sports and should stay on sports level with fair sportmanship. Zidane should stay kewl and calm down whatever the provocation was.

...But - one thing doesn't wan't get out of my brain:

France was not behind in score - the game was still open.

So no way to say: he gave up and chilled out for show, or

because there was no substitute left.

Everything was possible until the very last penalty shot at

given time.

Whatever Materazzi said to Zidane - i'm in no doubt that

Materazzi didn't deserve (moralic view) what he got from

Zizou.

Well, Zidane got his Red at the end - he lost his last game

due to his own fault (blackout).

But i don't think that it was necessary to provocate a player,

which is known in Italy aswell to sometimes have a blackout

in a game like this one - his last one - he was being loved

in Italy aswell (ok - maybe lil bit more around Torino) but

in no way i expected before that somebody will try to provocate him to do anything bad. confused_o.gif

And another thing which makes me confused:

The knockdown of Materazzi was recogniced by the 4th

referee on his TV. huh.gif

And? - i mean there were for sure lot's of scenes being

noticed by the 4th ref on his TV (like goals or dives or fouls).

But nothing of that did change the referee's decision on the

field.

Once more - i don't want make discussion about wether he

deserved the red or not - he did. But there's a little bit unfairness in that only one case, where the decision was

made over TV - even if it will be a must in following tournaments to implement the TV's.

~S~ CD