Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

I wouldn't call Rooney's way "fair" confused_o.gif

Well after being dragged down by two Portuguese players (at which point the referee should have stopped the game and given a free kick to England) I don't blame Rooney, however I don't think he meant to stamp on the player, I reckon he was just pushing off to start running again.

Thank you Ronaldo & Costiga, we owe you a worldcup final. (well, Thuram played his part too tounge2.gif )

I really don't get why Ronaldo does these blatant dives as he is an excellent player. And it's not like anybody falls for the acting.

IMO he (possibly shared with Thuram) was the best player of the match.

The simple fact that he dived that much instead of going on completely destroys any performance he may have done, for me. I would give him a very low note, simply because he wasted too much for nothing. Figo making Abidal's life a hell was more impressive, tbh.

this Ronaldo is near to be on par with the diving master Stoitchkov , i wish i always had this video from him in a certain match, sure Stoitchkov was a great player, but an even greater damned cheater

At some points of the 2nd half , in what was certainly the most dangerous portuguese attack, Ronaldo dived again. But if he has choosen to stay on his 2 feet like a man he could certainly have easily scored as there was no defender or goalkeeper in front of him.

I wonder how someone can defend a player that is not only a disgrace to football, but wasted the most obvious goal his team could have scored because of his dishonorable behaviour.

This guy is obviously talented but is a waste of time with his ridiculous behaviour

I just strongly hope the fifa directors will wake up one day and finally decide to add , if not the video as they are just unable to understand the greatness it could add, but at least a rule providing real sanctions after a match to all those disgraces of a player that are plaguing football recently.

I wonder if one of the fifa guys will understand one day why rugby does not feature so many cheaters and have respected referees while staying a spectacular sport.

Figo was a real surprise to me (as i was not expecting this from him after some past matches) and actually was the biggest danger for the french team, as often he had the best of each of his "face off" with the french defense. He played very well and overall very fairly.

The more i see how so called "modern football" is played, the more i really appreciate players like the french Riberi, this kind of guy always tries to stay on their foot because it is obvious they like to play and want to go to the end of an action.

Now that is football, like i played it when younger and like i enjoyed to watch it.

I don't really fancy Ronaldo in any way. He seems somewhat arrogant, he dives and I don't really find his tactical choices good either. He's skilled, that's for sure, but he wastes it on bad decisions and diving. When not diving he usually does 1 of 2 things: he runs forward with the ball, and eventually gets tackled, and he should have passed the ball much earlier, or he stops the movement forward ruining counters by stopping up or trying to drible his way forward and forces his team to start building up an attack again. IMO he could have been so much better if he learnt when to pass the ball.

Quote[/b] ]Figo making Abidal's life a hell was more impressive, tbh.

TBH I would have liked to see Figo back in the days when he was on top. I'm quite sure Figo is quite far away from the skills he had when he was at his best. Even though he played very well, I'm quite sure I've seen him much better...which means he was damn good at his best notworthy.gif

IMHO this worldcup was one too early for Ronaldo.

I think he didn't realise that this is a serious tournament

and not just a kiddy contest. He thought he could come

there and be the start and all girls would cry for him and

bite into their cappies like they did for the Beatles those days. biggrin_o.gif

From first Portugal game in this WC i was thinking that he is

rather one player less for Portugal than one more. confused_o.gif

Time will come when he probably will show his skills in combination with good teamplay - we'll see.

~S~ CD

Since the technology exists, there should be a 5th referee sitting in a room having access to all the camera feeds and replays shown so that he can see everything that's being caught on camera and communicate with the main ingame referee to halt the game accordingly to mark the faults. Until then, it'll be the same as usual... "I've seen it, you've seen it, the referee didn't see it" scenario... that just plain sucks... because if that had been implemented in the last game, believe me, there would have been a penaltie against France as well...

But one can only hope that one day, things will be fair.

BUZZARD @ July 06 2006,22:56)]Since the technology exists, there should be a 5th referee sitting in a room having access to all the camera feeds and replays shown so that he can see everything that's being caught on camera and communicate with the main ingame referee to halt the game accordingly to mark the faults. Until then, it'll be the same as usual... "I've seen it, you've seen it, the referee didn't see it" scenario... that just plain sucks... because if that had been implemented in the last game, believe me, there would have been a penaltie against France as well...

If it had been implemented, there wouldn't have been a penalty against France, because the Portuges' would have

been 2 or 3 player less because the 5th referee would have

seen lots of dives and told the main ref that. wink_o.gif

Portugal would have been playing nice 7 men defense against

France then.

~S~ CD

BUZZARD @ July 06 2006,22:56)]But one can only hope that one day, things will be fair.

They adopted headsets this year! So maybe they get wind of the even newer replay technology in about .. 20 years? crazy_o.gif

BUZZARD @ July 06 2006,22:56)]Since the technology exists, there should be a 5th referee sitting in a room having access to all the camera feeds and replays shown so that he can see everything that's being caught on camera and communicate with the main ingame referee to halt the game accordingly to mark the faults. Until then, it'll be the same as usual... "I've seen it, you've seen it, the referee didn't see it" scenario... that just plain sucks... because if that had been implemented in the last game, believe me, there would have been a penaltie against France as well...

If it had been implemented, there wouldn't have been a penalty against France, because the Portuges' would have

seen lots of dives and told the main ref that.  wink_o.gif

France then.

~S~ CD

That doesn't sound logical... because if there were a fifth referee the portuguese wouldn't have to make that many doves because they would simply and fairly score goals against France without them being stopped by the defence's faults... smile_o.gif

Not seen anything penalty-worthy done by France. Out of goal zone, otoh....

At least on one occasion Cristiano Ronaldo was grabbed and kept from jumping, in the zone... it was caught on camera and got replayed... don't remember who the french defender was that did it...

BUZZARD @ July 07 2006,00:51)]

seen lots of dives and told the main ref that.  wink_o.gif

France then.

~S~ CD

That doesn't sound logical... because if there were a fifth referee the portuguese wouldn't have to make that many doves because they would simply and fairly score goals against France without them being stopped by the defence's faults...   smile_o.gif

errm - which fouls?

Do you want say now that Portugal's players have been forced to diving because of bad referee's during WC?  confused_o.gif

Hey - give football a chance - Portugal had 94,25 minutes

time to score a goal against France - they missed their

chance - there was no need for dives - ya must know - the

more dives a team makes, the less a referee will believe

it was a foul.

Even more - they missed half of their goal chances because

of being fouled by France's 12th player (and i don't mean the

ref by that). Not only once has been mentioned that Portugal

could have had a chance to score a goal but instead of trying

it - they choosed the 'fall down' variant.

:edit - the french player was Sagnol and if you did look the

replay exactly, you could see that only what could have happened because of Sagnol would have been that Ronaldo

wouldn't have been falling like he did rofl.gif

It was totally clearly visible that Ronaldo in this situation

only tried to jump through the two french defenders just

to fall down like being shot in back from a gatling gun or

so. Sagnol had his hand for a short moment at Ronaldo, but

if you want say that this did cause Ronaldo to fall like he

did .... well - then you are (forgive me now plz) blind.

crazy_o.gif

~S~CD

Ronaldo had already begun his dive before Sagnol touched him. Talk about lousy acting, Steven Seagal acts better then that! rofl.gif

in that particular occasion i agree with u guys. ronaldo didnt jump verticaly (if he wanted to strike that high ball he should had done it), instead he trowhimself to midle of the 2 defenders. yes he was touched, but he promoted that. so the referee did well and let the game proceed.

i disagree with most of opinions about the game and the 2 teams. i had a good time watching this match, it was intense, and the goal tension was there all the 90min. for the 1st time in this wc, we played really well like we did in most euro2004 matches. i saw portugal pressing france to the ropes most of the 1st half. our defenders were top (miguel was a player that i really didnt give credit, but he changed my mind. meira was good even being the blacksheep of the team. he replaced Jorge Andrade(key player) from corunha 1month before wc start. carvalho was carvalho...gold reputation on porto/chelsea. the midefield wasnt bad at all...only deco was absolutely disastrous. i'm sure he's the player with most lost passes in the game. scolari didnt had a better player to replace, so deco became our 1st problem. then pauleta was simply awfull to. scolari should replaced him in 1st half by nuno gomes. postiga is dam faget, at least nuno gomes drags defenders and opens spaces in the area. he's not a dam street lamp like pauleta was...

now about france...france did a match in a mourinho way somehow...mourinho's teams always share the main factor of bullet proof defenders, and 1 or 2 superb back midefielders. the french defenders blocked all passes and individual marks were 100%perfect. then when they had a lose ball on the midefield zidane just holded the ball like he only can, then passed safe to a clear mate. bartez was a disaster on that volleyball movement. we could had scored on that.

the referee was totally invisible to me. that's always good.

didnt see a game with 225 divings like u say.

but i know that u guys love to hate portugal. it's the halo effect.

most the germany match i'm not very confident for many reasons. but who knows...i'll bet some euros for portugal anyway!

Ronaldo had already begun his dive before Sagnol touched him. Talk about lousy acting, Steven Seagal acts better then that! rofl.gif

wow_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Really? I would say they're pretty close...maybe Steven is a bit better then whistle.gifrofl.gif

@ July 07 2006,03:27)]in that particular occasion i agree with u guys. ronaldo didnt jump verticaly (if he wanted to strike that high ball he should had done it), instead he trowhimself to midle of the 2 defenders. yes he was touched, but he promoted that. so the referee did well and let the game proceed.

i disagree with most of opinions about the game and the 2 teams. i had a good time watching this match, it was intense, and the goal tension was there all the 90min. for the 1st time in this wc, we played really well like we did in most euro2004 matches. i saw portugal pressing france to the ropes most of the 1st half. our defenders were top (miguel was a player that i really didnt give credit, but he changed my mind. meira was good even being the blacksheep of the team. he replaced Jorge Andrade(key player) from corunha 1month before wc start. carvalho was carvalho...gold reputation on porto/chelsea. the midefield wasnt bad at all...only deco was absolutely disastrous. i'm sure he's the player with most lost passes in the game. scolari didnt had a better player to replace, so deco became our 1st problem. then pauleta was simply awfull to. scolari should replaced him in 1st half by nuno gomes. postiga is dam faget, at least nuno gomes drags defenders and opens spaces in the area. he's not a dam street lamp like pauleta was...

now about france...france did a match in a mourinho way somehow...mourinho's teams always share the main factor of bullet proof defenders, and 1 or 2 superb back midefielders. the french defenders blocked all passes and individual marks were 100%perfect. then when they had a lose ball on the midefield zidane just holded the ball like he only can, then passed safe to a clear mate. bartez was a disaster on that volleyball movement. we could had scored on that.

the referee was totally invisible to me. that's always good.

didnt see a game with 225 divings like u say.

but i know that u guys love to hate portugal. it's the halo effect.

most the germany match i'm not very confident for many reasons. but who knows...i'll bet some euros for portugal anyway!

Excellent summary of the game Blackjack - and you're right

there weren't that much dives, but it was just a reaction

on that '5th referee had given a penalty for Por' post.

Maybe you just forgot to mention Figo, who had the skill and will to do something but not the power at the end.

However - thanks for getting us back to the sports aspect

of the game. welcome.gif

~S~ CD

Great video yay.gifsmile_o.gif

Hmm for first time I see the coaches/managers on the bench reacting to the dive and complaining to refs.. no comment whistle.gif

Despite media and sore loosers bs.. overall Portugal did damn fine imo. The penalty spoiled the match that started just how i like, fast and agressive. France got the lead and they held the advantage, not "pretty" but there was too much at stake and their defence was rock solid, the portuguese strenght after those very tough games against the dutch and britains impressed me, they fought till the very end with the determination and motivation that others never had during the WC, but others only like to come up with excuses for being kicked out.. their determination should hopefully inspire all "sleeping" teams in future cups.

Ronaldo's head dive was aimed for the ball, he was slightly pushed in the back but it was not the reason for his falling, no real complaints towards the ref but the penalty against us was harsh... very bad decision by the coach not to replace Pauleta in the second half imo.

Lots of frustration was/is being unloaded on our team, i guess the media needs to entertain the public anyway they can and its easier to believe that "our great team" was cheated out of the WC than to admit they just didnt perform well enough, bah to all the haters, try blaming someone else confused_o.gif .

I congratulate France and Italy, my bet is on Italy smile_o.gif .

I'm hating Portugal more and more (not just the football team) with each passing day, the people are trying to make excuses for the diving. Ermm watch the video above posted by CsonkaPityu.

Despite media and sore loosers bs.. overall Portugal did damn fine imo..

...Lots of frustration was/is being unloaded on our team, i guess the media needs to entertain the public anyway they can and its easier to believe that "our great team" was cheated out of the WC than to admit they just didnt perform well enough, bah to all the haters, try blaming someone else

I'm sorry, but the camera's don't lie. Portugal has a reputation of diving, and they certainly lived up to it this year.

Say what you want about me being jeallous or bitter or a sore looser, but to be honest i couldn't give a crap about this level of football purely because of the amount of diving/cheating that goes on.

Portugal COULD have done even better if they spent more time playing and less time rolling around on the floor. Portugal has a lot of skilled players, but they seem to enjoy amateur dramatics more than football these days. To deny that they dive/cheat is just as (if not more) naieve/immature as crying that we were cheated out of the WC.

Oh and for the record - I did watch the England Portugal match, and neither team deserved the win IMHO. England played crap (although they did imporve after rooney was sent off) and Portugal played dirty. Neither style is deserving of a win.

Quote[/b] ]I'm hating Portugal more and more (not just the football team) with each passing day

that shows the kind of person/kid you are. u cant distinguish a conversation about soccer where plp give their opinions, and attacks based on plp nationality. i'll repeat myself. its the halo effect (if i dont like what u say i dont like you and vice versa).

but i can understand it. u saw plp with greater responsability saying some tough words about our team/citizens, and then u feel ur back covered to say that kind of bullshit. this is a good example where an admin should stop plp to get offended based on their nationality, instead of trowing some wood to the fire. my 2cents

(duno why i still post here in this thread. i predicted this to happen few post ago...really low attacks. my 4year old nefew would have better statements then that...loser)

I'm hating Portugal more and more (not just the football team) with each passing day, the people are trying to make excuses for the diving. Ermm watch the video above posted by CsonkaPityu.

Ronaldo went for a head on ball dive and missed, slight push, no card, fault or penalty, i agreed with the ref on that one.

Miguel felt on his own, he did a great job during the whole WC, dribled defence, lost strenght, did a bad landing got injured and out of the game, no faults but no diving either but for a bunch of sad, sore loosers he's just another diver that even injured himself on purpose (yes, players who push hard loose strenght/balance and can fell), ffs, you really think Miguel dived icon_rolleyes.gif ?

I wont deny that some players would over react on ocasions but many considered "dives" are the result of being beaten up and exausted, they were because atleast they fuckin tried.. some of them were beaten up to crap in previous games (holland)..

Go and hate everyone you want, i witnessed plenty of sore loosing shit during the Euro2k4, after what i saw back then im not surprised nor disapointed with some over reacting reactions.

Someone has to pay one way or another whistle.gif ... i wont hate or kill anyone because of football smile_o.gif .

No way Miguel dived. He had been one of the most outstanding portugal player so far in the tournament, and just got injured. Hats off to him, even if it was not his best match. And a fast recovery is all we can wish for him.