txalin

William Porter's Blog

I think BIS knows us good enough regarding that we take everything they say/show as one implentated game feature. So I expect to be able to play football in ArmA smile_o.gif

I think BIS knows us good enough regarding that we take everything they say/show as one implentated game feature. So I expect to be able to play football in ArmA smile_o.gif

Capture the goal? rofl.gif

Capture the goal?  rofl.gif

tounge2.gif

Also notice the running animation doesn't look like the person is crippled!

Good news here!

My LAN gang used to play 'Jeep Soccer' with tanks. Bump and dribble with the hull/barrel, kick with a H.E. shell. We played on the Everon airfield. rofl.gif

you guys didn't notice the soccer ball looks photoshopped in?

or "football"

you guys didn't notice the soccer ball looks photoshopped in?

or "football"

Yup, it seems pasted in with some blur effect (the only blurrty thing in the picture, while other things are moving aswell). But it might be in as an object. tounge2.gif

Well, the goalkeeper is really calm with the opposition about to shoot.  wink_o.gif

Hehe, that's what I was thinking... wink_o.gif

anyone else notice that they're not wearing shoes? yay.gif

i have to say i had my doubts about the number of improvements that Arma would bring, but BIS is definitely starting to squelch them. i just hope the AI is getting as much attention...

i just hope the AI is getting as much attention...

We had to scrap AI because we needed all processing power available to calculate the new offside rules rofl.gif

We had to scrap AI because we needed all processing power available to calculate the new offside rules  rofl.gif

biggrin_o.gif , is that football "real" or is it just edited in using photoshop?

We had to scrap AI because we needed all processing power available to calculate the new offside rules rofl.gif

omg!!? nooo crazy_o.giftounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif haha placebo you almost scared me there smile_o.gif

omg!!? nooo crazy_o.giftounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif haha placebo you almost scared me there smile_o.gif

LOL

We had to scrap AI because we needed all processing power available to calculate the new offside rules  rofl.gif

Now Placebo, just because you're a big soccer fan I don't want you turning this game into 'Pro Evolution Soccer Assault' OK!    drink.gif  tutut.gif

Wouldn't that be 'Armed Pro Evolution Soccer Assault' give the hooligans guns and just TRY to score. crazy_o.gif

rofl.gif Placebo, that was funny biggrin_o.gif

but...back to the discussion:

what i see on pictures with civilians, are "civs" with really good body condition:) maybe it be better to do them with various obesity, high isn't importrant - same high for all of characters is today game standart so "only" thickness

...eh because it doesn't looks much realistic you know - the world where lives only good feeded guys is little bit funny

in OFP was same thickness too, but there was more multi-purpose proportions so it didn't have such an important role.

what you think?

So if soccer(sorry, I'm a yank) is in the game. Does this mean the violence in the stands will finally be protrayed correctly?

Red card comes out, fans go wild with Molotov's and storm the field. You mission, get to safety at the nearest bar. wink_o.gif

sorry, couldn't resist. But it could make for some interesting missions. Guarding a soccer match. Keeping the fans calm. Then finding the terrorist/badguy/thug armed with a bomb and dragging him out by his hair. Or...Two squads have a grudge match, then half way threw the game one of their members pulls a AK and sprays the field. Or their sniper starts poping guys from 500 meters. Then everyone runs for their weapons and it turns into a gun battle rofl.gif

again, sorry, couldn't resist.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Now that's just pure class... wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif

Thats what makes Placebo so awsome..... notworthy.gif

The big question now is whether the maximum squad size is reduced to 11 players to fit in with the football theme.

Regards,

Sander

The big question now is whether the maximum squad size is reduced to 11 players to fit in with the football theme.

Regards,

Sander

No, you need 12 unless you dont need goalkeepers.