Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 18 2006,22:27)]I am very disappointed that the tank round (first two fired) did not blow a hole in the side of the buildung.

Thats what I had expected from destructable buildings ! i.e. blowing a whole with an RPG or satchel into the wall instead of having the whole building collapse ... thats uncool.

You think you could blow holes in all of the buildings in the huge island confused_o.gif .

I totally agree about the use of the round designation instead of the cannon in the tanks, it would feel less.. gamish smile_o.gif .

At least no crumpling... its a progress. AFAIK there was no building destruction at GC at all, now we know at least that they've got an alternative to the crumpling. I guess the anims for destroyed buildings aren't done yet, must be just a test to show that it works. I'm no programmer, but I guess it's not that much of a big deal to slow down the falling animation and add some additional dust to the whole thing. Plus I think some more debris would look more realistic, imho there should be a bigger and higher pile of debris where that building once stood.

Anyway, I don't think its going to be hard to mod additional damage models for buildings, a model for low, some for middle and some for completely destroyed buildings. But I do hope BIS is still going to implent something like that themselves whistle.gif

It looks a lot like a placeholder animation (oh I so hope crazy_o.gif ), since it just shoots down at a speed and doesn't accelerate at 9.8ms2.

yeah it hopefully is just a placeholder, but alas there are many great mods out there that have revolutionised the best game there is. look at CSLA and FFUR, they easily bring the game up to par with games released in the last year or so.

Swimming yipi Seal Team wink_o.gif

!!Finally BAS will be able to finish his long awaited pack!! tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

sweet stuff there. smile_o.gif like the more colorful fires feel like during night somehow thumbs-up.gif also was there a chopper also in the air? thought i could see tracer rounds from the right side of the scene blowing away the army on the left side biggrin_o.gif

sweet stuff there. smile_o.gif like the more colorful fires feel like during night somehow thumbs-up.gif also was there a chopper also in the air? thought i could see tracer rounds from the right side of the scene blowing away the army on the left side biggrin_o.gif

You are right there are chopers in the sky, they are much better visible with full downloaded ( not youtube) movie and those "tracers" are hydra rockets as a matter of fact.

Beautiful, beautiful vid notworthy.gif !! This game + mods/new missions gona have endles replayability ! inlove.gif

Looks great, but let's hope that my gun wont sound "b-b-b-b-*silent gun but I still fire bullets*-b-b-b-b-*silent at bit more more*-*still silent*-b-b-BANG! when I'm laying suppressive fire towards the enemy... whistle.gif

that was i nice and colurful video, looks really cool

cant wait to take on the nights in ArmA

I would like to see some infantery fights at night and see those tracers

Wow nice vid BIS!

BIS is the first and only game developer that actualy listens to their players and community...at least in my experiance playing games...

These past small videos have been so much more informative and interesting then all of the huge clumsy ones together, short and snappy and showing all the stuff we asked to view smile_o.gif

BIS is the first and only game developer that actualy listens to their players and community...at least in my experiance playing games...
Quote[/b] ]

BIS is listening to their fans. i.e "destroyable buldings" project was started by somebody for ofp. BIS made a similar project, but have finished it!

And swimming is cool!

Swimming competition, and bike race anyone?

that sounds like fun yeah! tounge2.gif

the third is running right? :P

I love the latest reactions on the clips, now it's more like:

"Wow cool, well this and that could be fixed. But the community can do that also."

instead of:

"IEWL crazy_o.gif BIS FIX THIS AND THAT"

I've still got my hopes up about a US Marine Core Synchronised swimming team complete with floral hats and nose clips!!! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I love the latest reactions on the clips, now it's more like:

"Wow cool, well this and that could be fixed. But the community can do that also."

instead of:

"IEWL  BIS FIX THIS AND THAT"

I concour, it's nice to see the positive community spirit in action rather than having the 'Demand Brigade' lynching every Beta (if that) effort made by BIS in the past band.gif Though I do think the positive critiscism worked the best in maybe influencing BIS.

I doubt this is the end of BIS' surprises, I feel that there might be more...we'll just have to wait and see, though it's not long now before the first 'expected' release date, so there isd a possibility of increased information outflow from BIS and the publishers.  thumbs-up.gif

Awsome vid.

When the tracers fly low over the ground, the grass is green!

No more grey nights anymore,cos when there's light, there's colour, that's a law of nature (optica)

Well done BIS. notworthy.gif

Next, I want to see some rain vid now. whistle.gif

PS: You can also see two missed shots and the dust clouds are more randomised now.

But will diving insertions be possible if all soldiers get stripped of their gear when entering deep water?

i guess there's an extra line somewhere that says "remove weapon" or something like that. should be modabble smile_o.gif

But will diving insertions be possible if all soldiers get stripped of their gear when entering deep water?

Who knows. I would like to hazard a guess and say that with the opening up of the game in this way i.e. allowing us to see under the water and swim in it, BIS might cater for it by including personnel who can operate in such an environment i.e. Divers/combat swimmers et al; where by they don't loose their kit when they get in the water.

If this doesn't happen, I'm sure the community will come to the rescue. smile_o.gif

Yup, its faster than WTCs going down smile_o.gif hopefully they'll have the time to slow it down 1/2 and add more smoke & rubble animation.

Fine! but that was a totally rude thing to say!

Nice temper, pal..

But the video does look really excellent. The lighting makes it look so hollywoodish, yet realistic. Cool and real at the same time!.. Creal? Or.. Rool?