Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

*edit: think the three letters might be MEA not sure though

I think they spell ADA or DNA. I bet on the first.

Hmm, must be ADA making an appeareance then wink_o.gif

First letter looks like it's somethign not straight.

DnA works for BIS.

I read ADA or AEA out of that..

As to why it's up there, I'd have to take a wild guess and say that it's up there so ADA/AEA won't get bug-reports regarding that area biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I wonder if it'll have Anti-Aliasing support whistle.gif

I read ADA or AEA out of that..

As to why it's up there, I'd have to take a wild guess and say that it's up there so ADA/AEA won't get bug-reports regarding that area biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I wonder if it'll have Anti-Aliasing support whistle.gif

Those roof edges could sure use it....

I'm pretty sure it's ADA:

www.bistudio.com > Inside BI > People > Designers > Armed Assault Team > Adam Bilek (ADA) is 3rd, Joris-Jan van ‘t Land (DnA) is on Game2 team.

Also, I think I saw AA and AF options in the russian game mag video.

The graphics are asskicking! The Bumpmapping textures are betetr than CSS and HL2, and the details on the face kicks BF2 out of the picture. Even more details that are busted are: The grenade in the chest pocket on the soldier on pic 1, the idle finger that ain't touching the trigger tells me that finger posing will be in the game and the radio that seems to be functioning. On pic 6, you can see that the tank threads are heavily detailed, soft shadows that looks better than the new cryengine for directX 10 (the shadows from the tree that hits the right T72).

Pic 2: the water effects are improved from the last updates (where it looked like blue goo), but it still reminds me of the BF1942 water where it looks like it was made with several transparent layers that weren't merging each other. And the long range view seems a lot better (my 7800gtx card with 512MB, 1GB DDR3 ram and my 2.2 GHZ processor can't run ofp resistance on full detail sad_o.gif )

Pic 5 shows shadows that are cast from the gun turret, which is good (except for the M1A1/2, it looks a bit crappy, look at the flare launcher and the side panel textures), and it shows rocks too, that will make funnier off road missions biggrin_o.gif , then escaping from commies will be harder too (and the tanks have a hard time hitting you while you shake and jump up the hill tounge2.gif ).

And the best of all: it looks like the old OFP wink_o.gif , so it won't be hard to use it either. And that the GAW mod can make battles with the size of the geonosis battle because of the 64 player/bot support tounge2.gif Maybe make a USMC assault on a city full of rebels and civilians biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work BIS notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

DnA works for BIS.

Mode Grimson ON:

ADA work for BIS, and he works as a designer so the three letters say : ADA whistle.gif

these new shots are so good it deserves a whole new thread! biggrin_o.gif

Wow!

I didn`t expect such eyecandy wink_o.gif

Thx bis, I hope you guys did the same good work with the rest of the game..

you rock, no seriously;)

Guest Ti0n3r

I just had a vision. I think ArmA is turning out to be a game2 of it's own. icon6.gif

the water looks amazing and it seems that it is much more better then in elite...

You know what these screenshots say?

Battlefield 2 can take its silly toy tanks and go home.

I agree, the water looks better.  Hopefully the water will be translucent to some degree.   I like how the BMP-2, BRDM-2 and T72 look.  Of note is the shadow that a tree casts onto one of the T72s.

That US soldier looks extremely detailed! Woah! And those Russian tanks and the Abrams!! inlove.gifwow_o.gif

OK, Another Sniperwolf assumption:

We can see the NVG mount on the soldiers helmet, I belive we will be able to make new NVG's and binocs, also belive it means no screwy NVG's like in OFP.

My idea on how it works if it's true:

When you pickup NVG/have it from the start, it's displayed on the model in the upwards position, pressing NVG key it animates them to the down position.

OT:

-------

Also, what would be nice addition is to be able to make proxy positions for each magslot on the model (like cargo proxies in vehicles) and when that slot is filled in gear menu, proxy shows modeled mag in the pouch.

is my internet just crappy or does it take longer to load bmp files??

in the picture with the two soldiers standing guard the yellow sign reads: This area is under construction. Do not send us bug reports until this poster is removed. and on the bottom its signed by "ADA" (one of the people working with BI team). i'm pretty sure thats what it says smile_o.gif