Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Screenshots look great, but i'm still not comfortable with that soldier aiming SAW like that. I've never held it so i wouldn't know, but is it possible to aim it like that from kneeling position AND be accurate? It weights around 9 kg, right?

I've never held it either but no I would say you couldn't aim it like that AND be accurate, but it isn't being aimed incorrectly AFAIK.

As we don't have the game yet we can't say that it IS accurate when fired from a kneeling or standing position. BIS might have modelled it so that you can't hit a barn at 10 feet when not lying down.

Oh and there are a few people who posted before me who didn't read past some other peoples' posts' first paragraphs' (the crysis side of view, from .pablo.), you seem to have taken that way out of context. He explained he doesn't support this in the second paragraph...and points out a few good reasons why he doesn't support this.

I'm talking about GBee @ .pablo. from before...

Err no.

I read his full post before posting. He doesn't go on to contradict his statement from the first paragraph:

Quote[/b] ]such games have very resource-demanding lighting/shadowing effects (just watch a crysis video to understand what i'm talking about); so from that perspective, no, Arma does not look very realistic.

I disagree that the lighting/shadowing effects etc make Crysis look more realistic than Arma. I think those effects, as used, make Crysis look worse. What makes Crysis look more realistic is the level of detail.

Comparing Crysis and ArmA makes me think of one thing. The fact that people will play through Crysis once, which will maybe take them 20 hours, and then it will become repetitive. Whereas with ArmA people will play it through once, (dunno how long that will take) and then will play it through again and again and again. And THEN, after all that, they will have the mods and stuff to play with too, as well as the various awesome MP modes that we are going to see... wink_o.gif

As we don't have the game yet we can't say that it IS accurate when fired from a kneeling or standing position. BIS might have modelled it so that you can't hit a barn at 10 feet when not lying down.

My point exactly, but you said it better... wink_o.gif

Screenshots look great, but i'm still not comfortable with that soldier aiming SAW like that. I've never held it so i wouldn't know, but is it possible to aim it like that from kneeling position AND be accurate? It weights around 9 kg, right?

I've never held it either but no I would say you couldn't aim it like that AND be accurate, but it isn't being aimed incorrectly AFAIK.

how do you now that he is aiming? mabye he´s walking

i really like these new pictures, the explosions looks cool and i think they will look even better in game, the picture GC_beta_69.jpg looks amazing i like the thin smoke in the forest

I noticed that the Stryker here is different from the one from Game 2 which we saw on the PCFormat Blog

I wonder if we'll get both versions in ArmA.

I think OPF:R had more life alike graphics than Far Cry and i also think overall Arma will look more real than Crysis, less plastic looking i mean whistle.gif .

I noticed that the Stryker here is different from the one from Game 2 which we saw on the PCFormat Blog

from those pics we can see that both ARMA and Game2 look very similar.

I think we can not say this is an upgrade from old engine. This is a new entire engine.

so.. how different is the engine from GAME 2 and ARMA by the way?

I mean: both use "LINDA" tool, thats why the trees and forests will be almost the same. thumbs-up.gif

I'm pretty sure. In OFP, we got two types of Blackhawk, one with FFURs and one with a machine gun, so I don't see why we wouldnt get both versions of Stryker.

Yeah, I saw that video, physics are impresive but what's the viewdistance in Crysis?

200-300m?

http://www.gamemag.ru/pics/13328-crysis_tech_demo3.jpg

Hardly.

Crysis looks better than arma does, but IMO arma still looks damn good. I think it is really pointless to argue graphics or compare the two-crysis is super next gen.

terrain LOD'ing at work; get this into Game2 BIS!

edit:

and those new screenshots are amazing

Then off to crysis you go my friend!

Now that destroyable buildings are confirmed i'm gonna have to say i really anticipate arma more then anything else rightnow.

Quote[/b] ]get this into Arma/Game2 BIS

It's nota good idea for ArmA/OFP type games where you can see the enemy as far as the viewdistance goes. You see the problem would most likely be that as the terrain lod changes for someone who views a hill from afar, the hills lod will be different from what someone on the hill would see. So what i'm trying to say is; unless you want to see floating tanks it isn't gonna work.

In Far Cry enemies spawned into the screen at i don't know exactly but something like 200ms. You didn't notice in the middle of the jungle but on a beach you can observe this nicely.

terrain LOD'ing at work; get this into Game2 BIS!
Ehm sry, but OFP already had LOD algorithms implemented, maybe you better move to vterrain.org to learn more about LOD, CLOD, SOAR, ROAM etc. before commanding BIS to do things they have already done, in one way or another. crazy_o.gif

i think this pic answer your question stryker

Now that destroyable buildings are confirmed

I sense another round of chinese whispers starting.

What I've so far read suggests that animated destructable buildings *may* be in and even if they are that it won't be all buildings.

as ofmdb tells, it was confirmed by Jiri Rydll (PR-Manager of IDEA-Games) or Robert Stipek (BIS) or Markus Kurzawa (BIS) or Peter Szász (Borgmeier Public Relations in the assigment of Morphicon) afaik. anyhow, its hard to say whether it's official by now, or not sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hoot Posted on Aug. 23 2006,11:39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as ofmdb tells, it was confirmed by Jiri Rydll (PR-Manager of IDEA-Games) or Robert Stipek (BIS) or Markus Kurzawa (BIS) or Peter Szász (Borgmeier Public Relations in the assigment of Morphicon) afaik. anyhow, its hard to say whether it's official by now, or not

'oh, yeah - Oh, yeah - It's my birthday' yay.gifyay.gif

One of the employees wrote, that the server is just overloaded. They are trying to fix that. Guess they had never such an ammount of simultaneous hits tounge2.gif

has anyone noticed poo on grass in one of the screenshots ?

Was it poo ? rofl.gif

I thought what the hell is that representing. biggrin_o.gif

Are you sure? Must be a rather big animal then. ArmA competes with Deer Hunter... rofl.gif